PDA

View Full Version : JaMarcus Russell

XtremeCouture
12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
he made his first start against the jaguars (i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt know). he was 7 0f 23 for 83 yards 1 td 3 int and 1 fumble lost. i watched sportscenter and espnews and everytime they showed highlights of this game, it was just fred taylor, mjd, and warren sapp getting ejected. so why is espn hiding russells pitiful performance? do they hate him for holding out? or did they just hype him up to be awesome that now he's looking like another first round bust they dont want anyone to know because it would just further tarnish espn's reputation? im picking the latter.

kepdawg
12-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
he made his first start against the jaguars (i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt know).

Russell did not start against the Jaguars. Apparently you didn't know!

Pmoney
12-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Russell did not start against the Jaguars. Apparently you didn't know!
i was about to say the same thing...he will make his first start this weekend though...i believe McCown started vs. the Jaguars

crzyjournalist03
12-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
do they hate him for holding out? or did they just hype him up to be awesome that now he's looking like another first round bust they dont want anyone to know because it would just further tarnish espn's reputation? im picking the latter.

so one bad game means he's another first round bust??? Learning curves on QBs are tremendous...give Russell three or four years, then figure out what type of player he is. Ask Texans fans about calling Mario Williams a bust...one year in the NFL is way too early to start making claims like that about anybody.

As far as why you're not seeing Russell, they show highlights, not lowlights. He had a horrible game, so why would they show his play? The Jags dominated and that's why it's their players you're seeing.