PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale is a sleeper

bleedgreen
11-26-2001, 08:53 PM
Yes, Kennedale gives up a lot of points on defense but in 3A, most good players have to play both offense and defense. I've watched a lot of high school football since 1971 and the Sweetwater game has to compare with the Roger Staubach Cowboy comebacks of the 70's.
That was the most thrilling game I have ever witnessed. I'll be honest, when Sweetwater scored to go ahead with 50 seconds left, I was ready to give up. I'll never give up on Kennedale again. They executed flawlessly and with precision. It was a game whose outcome was decided by who scored last. Kennedale is gaining confidence with every game. They are deep in talent and speed and they have learned from their mistakes. They are ready for the final push.
GO WILDCATS.....I'M BLEEDING FOR YOU.

Big D
11-27-2001, 10:12 PM
In region 2 there are several districts that Kennedale would not have even made it out of. Enjoy the ride in Region 1 though. All 3A region 1 teams will soon be finished.

deliriousmaniac
11-27-2001, 10:30 PM
Alright region 1, lets quit, and start offseason because Big D obviously has a sick sense about these kind of things. Thanks Big D for your informative information.

Big D
11-28-2001, 06:17 PM
It's just a fact there pal. 3A Region II teams have shown a dominance over Region I unrivaled by any other regions in any class. 1 Region I team has defeated a Region II in semis since 1990. That's okay though, most teams appreciate the breather before the final.

deliriousmaniac
11-28-2001, 07:02 PM
Well Big D, where did you get this information? I can think off the top of my head two teams in the last 3 years from region 1 who have gone to the finals. Aledo in 98, and Abilene Wylie in 00. Aledo might have been a region 2 team then, but they are region 1 now, therefore they represent region 1 now. These are just off the top of my head, i bet there are more.

Big D
11-28-2001, 09:19 PM
Aledo was Region 2 then, and hardly fits in with the rest of the weak weak West. So that leaves you with one, the one I was talking about. Keep talking though, you're making a heckuva point.

deliriousmaniac
11-28-2001, 10:15 PM
So what your saying is that even though Aledo is region 1, they are essentially not a west Texas team. Ok, I'll buy that, but i don't believe that East Texas has some kind of grip on high school football. Who do you root for? You must be from East Texas to be talking with such confidence.

Matthew328
11-29-2001, 03:01 AM
I beleive Wylie is the only team from West Texas to beat a Region 2 team in a LONG time..Aledo was region 2 when they made their run but they are not West Texas..they are a Metroplex team..this year in Division 1 no West Texas teams are left except for Perryton and they are likely going home this week...Crane may getta win, but Kennedale should take Alpine out..so basically if you dont' think the West Texas struggles big time against Region 2 teams then you are under a rock...East Texas doesn't have a grip on high school football but as a whole Region 2 has a grip on Region 1....

Big D
11-29-2001, 07:12 AM
Matthew is right. And Region 2 may not be dominant in all classes, but it is the best overall region in 3A and has been for a long time.

bleedgreen
11-29-2001, 11:13 PM
In Region II, 1996, Kennedale played Daingerfield in the regional semi-finals and lost big time. Kennedale has never been past semi-finals in it's history. Kennedale's location is on the border of the two regions and has played in both. I agree that Region II is stronger and it's nice to be able to push farther into the playoffs. We've played Forney and Aledo in years past and were not too successful. Kennedale has not received much publicity all year and that is what the coach wants. When they come out on the field there is no hyping or excitment displayed. They are are focused and all business. Take another look at Kennedale....they may sneak up on you.

Hitters
12-01-2001, 05:06 PM
If they win tonite, I would suggest they wake up before they meet Bridgeport in the Region Final. I hope Kennedale does win, I think a Kennedale vs Bridgeport matchup would be very exciting. One thing for sure it would be an offensive shootout!