PDA

View Full Version : Which is more difficult to do?

PHS Wildcats
12-24-2007, 03:26 PM
With Celina winnig it 8th state title, I was thinking. Which is more dificult to do Win a 8th title or trying to go for a 6th Super Bowl?

Your thoughts?

Old Tiger
12-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
With Celina winnig it 8th state title, I was thinking. Which is more dificult to do Win a 8th title or trying to go for a 6th Super Bowl?

Your thoughts? apples and oranges

PHS Wildcats
12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
yea, you are right. That's what I get for thinking, lol.:doh:

g$$
12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
apples and oranges

Exactly. No logical way to compare HS football to pro football.

Not diminishing either accomplishment as both are tremendous, but still no way to compare. No quantitative way to do it realistically.

PHS Wildcats
12-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Exactly. No logical way to compare HS football to pro football.

Not diminishing either accomplishment as both are tremendous, but still no way to compare. No quantitative way to do it realistically.

I understand

big daddy russ
12-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Hell, I'll give it a shot, and I think it's a slam dunk.

We've had roughly 90 years of Texas HS football championships, and this is the first team to reach eight. Super Bowls haven't even been around half that time. The first one was just in 1967.

In the NFL, you at least have some control over your fate. You choose your players, put the best product possible on the field, and hope that A.) you're smarter than the next guy and B.) run into a boatload of luck.

In high school, you play the hand you're dealt. There's no trading, no free agency, and you can't ante up. If you don't have the athletes, you just don't have the athletes, which makes Celina's run over the last ten years that much more impressive.

On top of that, there are 32 NFL teams and 200 high school teams. So much more competition at the HS level.

So give me eight HS championships. And it's not even close IMO.

coach
12-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

We've had roughly 90 years of Texas HS football championships, and this is the first team to reach eight. Super Bowls haven't even been around half that time. The first one was just in 1967.

In the NFL, you at least have some control over your fate. You choose your players, put the best product possible on the field, and hope that A.) you're smarter than the next guy and B.) run into a boatload of luck.

In high school, you play the hand you're dealt. There's no trading, no free agency, and you can't ante up. If you don't have the athletes, you just don't have the athletes, which makes Celina's run over the last ten years that much more impressive.

On top of that, there are 32 NFL teams and 200 high school teams. So much more competition at the HS level.

you also have to factor in the playoffs...the teams are tougher in the nfl...nowadays you can make the playoffs going 3-7 where the nfl sometimes a 10-6 team will miss out

XtremeCouture
12-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

some high school teams choose their players too. its much harder in the NFL because it takes more than just talent and hard work to win super bowls. teams have to execute to perfection. everyone has to know their assignments. this is like comparing an LVN to a nurse practitioner. the higher you get in education or in this case, level of competition, the harder your job becomes.

kepdawg
12-25-2007, 02:11 AM
We have Celina with 8 and Brownwood, Plano, and Southlake Carroll with 7

We have Dallas, Pittsburgh, and San Fransico with 5

So in high school 1 out of 1200 has 8, 3 out of 1200 are 1 short

In NFL 3 out of 32 are 1 short, 2 of the 3 will be in the playoffs

Right now no one has won 6 super bowls so I'll go with that

Jack_Daniels
12-25-2007, 02:52 PM
8 because kids move on in 4 years, they are younger and less developed, and Texas High School football is tougher than the NFL.

lostaussie
12-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Daniels
Texas High School football is tougher than the NFL. :thinking: only in Burnet:D