PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Cowboys want to avoid?

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Which of these teams would the Cowboys least like to play?

Tampa
NY
Washington
Minnesota
New Orleans

coach
12-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Tampa
NY
Washington
Minnesota
New Orleans

the only two that scare me is minnesota and new orleans

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:19 AM
after what I saw Washington do tonight....I'd say they are a bit dangerous...they were clickin tonight.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-24-2007, 01:20 AM

Tampa
NY
Washington
Minnesota
New Orleans

Washington is playing with a lot of pride and i'm pretty sure they could beat the alright Cowboys team

Leopards,class of 75
12-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Really none of these teams should scare the Cowboys as long as they play good. Green Bay would be the one I would watch out for the most.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Really none of these teams should scare the Cowboys as long as they play good. Green Bay would be the one I would watch out for the most. '

They better be scared of Washington and Green Bay.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Really none of these teams should scare the Cowboys as long as they play good. Green Bay would be the one I would watch out for the most.

We have to get past one of these before Green Bay gets a possible shot at us! One step at a time!

TexanFan4Life
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM

Tampa
NY
Washington
Minnesota
New Orleans

Out of those teams, I'd go with Minnesota. Peterson is the man to stop when you play Minnesota, and with Tarvaris Jackson steadily improving they're definitely a team to watch out for.

But they SHOULD still be most afraid of Green Bay. Yes, they got whacked by the Bears on Sunday but they are still a very formidable opponent in the NFC playoff picture.

Leopards,class of 75
12-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Out of those teams, I'd go with Minnesota. Peterson is the man to stop when you play Minnesota, and with Tarvaris Jackson steadily improving they're definitely a team to watch out for.

But they SHOULD still be most afraid of Green Bay. Yes, they got whacked by the Bears on Sunday but they are still a very formidable opponent in the NFC playoff picture. Agree with you there! Just look at Green bays record and you must respect them.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Agree with you there! Just look at Green bays record and you must respect them.

True, but the 'boys don't need to worry about them, yet!

Leopards,class of 75
12-24-2007, 01:43 AM
True, but the 'boys don't need to worry about them, yet! You are 100% right, one game at a time. Just thankful that if we win our first playoff game, the next game will be in Texas Stadium!

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:50 AM
Next week's game should be interesting.

We gain nothing from it, but if the 'skins win they make the playoffs.

Leopards,class of 75
12-24-2007, 01:54 AM

We gain nothing from it, but if the 'skins win they make the playoffs. It would not be suprised if the Skins win this one because of what is at stake for them.

bandera7
12-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Packers will be rolling when playoffs come around...Favre knows how to win when it counts. They will roll in the playoffs.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
Packers will be rolling when playoffs come around...Favre knows how to win when it counts. They will roll in the playoffs.

Today didn't count? :thinking:

bandera7
12-24-2007, 02:05 AM
today...the packers had everything that could possibly go wrong, go wrong. Just getting all the bad things out before playoffs ;)

pirate4state
You know as well as I do that this question can not be answered on this forum! There are no Cowboy players that post here to answer your question, but I would hope the answer would be "NONE --- BRING 'EM ON!!" :)

IHStangFan

We gain nothing from it, but if the 'skins win they make the playoffs. if they play like they did tonight...they're playoff bound. They looked pretty sharp. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You know as well as I do that this question can not be answered on this forum! There are no Cowboy players that post here to answer your question, but I would hope the answer would be "NONE --- BRING 'EM ON!!" :)

I got sources! :D

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
if they play like they did tonight...they're playoff bound. They looked pretty sharp. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

Beat the 'boys, beat Seattle, play the 'boys again.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Beat the 'boys, beat Seattle, play the 'boys again. its not impossible, and quite frankly w/ the way Dallas has played lately, I'm not convinced it WON'T happen. Dallas has looked a bit shakey....and why they've gotten away for a VERY solid running attack I'm not sure of either. Barber is a maniac and runs harder than just about anyone. I'd be pounding it w/ him until the other team proves they can stop it. Just my take from what I've seen in the last couple of weeks.

XtremeCouture
12-24-2007, 10:31 AM
the redskins will be playing the seahawks and seattle will win. tampa bay will be playing the giants and i wouldnt doubt if the giants won. if the cowboys cant beat the giants, then i say trade romo.

crzyjournalist03
12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
If I was going to root against a certain matchup, it would be the Redskins, simply because that would mean that Washington defeated Dallas this week, and although Dallas probably won't play their starters for very long, a win is a win, and the 'Skins will undoubtedly go into the playoffs believing that they should have beaten the Cowboys twice, and they can definitely beat them again...So far, the Cowboys haven't lost to any of the potential playoff foes outside of New England, and I'd prefer they keep it that way.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Eagles are the only team i would think can give the cowboys a loss in the playoffs, but they didnt make the playoffs :D

Macarthur
12-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Just like defense is the key in the NBA playoffs, QB is the key in the NFL Playoffs. The teams with the better QB typically win.

So having said that, NO scares me because Brees can get hot. And Manning can get hot too, so NY.

piratebg
12-24-2007, 01:22 PM
The Redskins have certainly caught my attention. Other than that, the Packers are the ones to watch out for, but playing at Texas Stadium does kind of make me feel better about it.

TexanAlum_06
12-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I would have to say that the Skins and the G-girls scare me the most. If Eli is hot then Burress and Toomer will give us big problems, Burress always does, and lets not forget Brandon Jacobs. Washington is starting to peak just at the right time, if i was a betting man I would put money on them to put a beating on the cowboys this weekend because they are hot right now and we will likely take our starters out at half or earlier and lets not forget the fact that we generally play like crap in washington. the vikings are hot right now too but if you take peterson out fo the game plan like the skins did last night they got nothing... The only reason im not putting the pack attack as the scariest team is because Im more worried we will play like crap against an inferior team like washington or seattle then green bay for the NFC championship, the cowboys get up for big games so I think if we get there we will ready for Favre & co. The GOOD news is for us cowboy fans is that IMO our defense is peaking just at the right time of the season, I thought the defense played really good against carolina and I think they had their best game of the season as a unit against philly. Now if we could just get the offense rolling again.......

JR2004
12-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
if they play like they did tonight...they're playoff bound. They looked pretty sharp. I was a bit surprised to say the least.

A Gibbs coached team almost always plays better with a veteran QB. I like Campbell and think he's the long-term solution, but honestly we probably don't get that win last if he was playing instead of Collins.

Dallas is still head and shoulders above the rest of the NFC this year though. If I were them I wouldn't be all that worried about any of the teams that make the NFC playoffs.

CueroDad2006
12-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Green Bay and NY can beat them at home.....We will see just how bad those thhree teams want it.......But one of those 3 WILL be in the big dance