PDA

View Full Version : Maxpreps top five in the state.....

BILLYFRED0000
12-23-2007, 08:55 PM
1 Katy
League: 5A Region III District 18 68.2 30.4 16-0 7-0 +1
2 Trinity (Euless)
League: 5A Region I District 7 65 39.8 15-1 7-0 -1
3 Celina
League: 3A Region II District 9 58.6 20.1 16-0 7-0 +4
4 Bowie (Arlington)
League: 5A Region I District 8 57.6 35.4 12-2 6-1 --
5 Liberty Hill
League: 3A Region III District 18 56.7 26 14-0 4-0 --

Crazy huh!

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I love it an unbiased poll:)

get out the ear plugs:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Gobbler Fan
12-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Liberty Hill would have beaten Celina by 2 or 3 td's this year if you think otherwise you're being a homer .

A Dynasty in the making and I like what I see ... pure smashmouth football .:thumbsup:

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Liberty Hill would have beaten Celina by 2 or 3 td's this year if you think otherwise you're being a homer .

A Dynasty in the making and I like what I see ... pure smashmouth football .:thumbsup:

No, I truly feel LH would have lost this year...we know what that triple headed monster looks like now.:dispntd:

For Definition of Dynasty see other threads on front page...LH is a really good team with only 2 years of descent history...a long long long way from Dynasty but they are putting one foot in front of the other headed towards that goal.

I wish them well...see me in 10 years..to see how the program has progressed:thinking:

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Watched Katy last night...they sputtered early but then got that motor warmed up and looked impressive! Pflugerville's RBs were HUGE!! Did anyone else watch the game?

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 10:12 PM
only because they are celina....

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

I agree, yes Celina is a darn good program but Liberty Hill would have beat em' by 2 TDs+

I wish they could set up some kinda of deal were they could play.

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I agree, yes Celina is a darn good program but Liberty Hill would have beat em' by 2 TDs+

I wish they could set up some kinda of deal were they could play. LH had a couple of fairly close games....i.e. Cuero 49-35, Rockdale 37-25 whereas Celina's closest game was a 41-27 win over Liberty Christian. None of the other games were even close. I know this is not a SOLID argument, but I have a hard time believing they are so sub par to LH....I think Celina would DESTROY Rockdale AND Cuero...so...in my opinion, I believe that Celina would not only give LH all they wanted and more...but would have a good chance at winning that matchup if it'd of happened this year.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Maxpreps rankings are wack!

Im not taking anything at all from Celina cause they deserve everything they have recieved this year.

But maxpreps has them ranked before Abilene High, SLC, etc. thats going a little bit to far. Like I said not taking anything away from them but maxpreps needs to be realistic.

BobcatBenny
12-24-2007, 04:38 AM
BILLYFRED0000 + Stick + Hornet's Nest = ??? :doh:

Peace on Earth? :eek:

Stownhorse
12-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Maxpreps rankings are wack!

Im not taking anything at all from Celina cause they deserve everything they have recieved this year.

You're just saying that because they beat the piss out of yall.

WOS87
12-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LH had a couple of fairly close games....i.e. Cuero 49-35, Rockdale 37-25 whereas Celina's closest game was a 41-27 win over Liberty Christian. None of the other games were even close. I know this is not a SOLID argument, but I have a hard time believing they are so sub par to LH....I think Celina would DESTROY Rockdale AND Cuero...so...in my opinion, I believe that Celina would not only give LH all they wanted and more...but would have a good chance at winning that matchup if it'd of happened this year.

ummmmm...... Celina 21, China Spring 14
Celina 19, Robinson 6.....

:thinking:

Try to find another team in history from Class 3A or larger which didn't allow a single team to come closer than 12 points of them in EVERY single game they played and you'll find that there is only one: Galena Park North Shore 2003. Liberty Hill's record is pretty outstanding I would say....

King_LeYoeNidas
12-24-2007, 10:20 AM
but as someone else said tradition has much to do with it. 10 years Celina will still likely be a football powerhouse. Liberty Hill will likely be a football afterthought.

What's this I heard about Liberty Hill denying a new apartment complex so as to avoid the possible jump to 4A due to new move ins?...

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
What's this I heard about Liberty Hill denying a new apartment complex so as to avoid the possible jump to 4A due to new move ins?...
You sooooo do not have a clue. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

King_LeYoeNidas
12-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You sooooo do not have a clue. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

but there must be something behind it for u to respond that way.....

Panther One
12-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know anything about denying the building of an apartment complex, but I doubt that would keep us from moving up considering the many subdivision developments popping up all over the place. We'll be 4A in four to six years, in my opinion, and we don't look to be an afterthought any time soon.

And Celina just needs to enjoy their eighth title and be thankful we went Div I. They can talk all they want, but they wanted no part of us. And to all those fans that said you'd reclaim the top spot in the Massey Ratings...Um...NO. Liberty Hill not only finishes at the top, but also claims the number one power position from the Bobcats. Shocking, huh? Do you think it's a coincidence that the only two top 10 defenses the Bobcats faced this year held them to 19 and 21. And before that, Liberty Hill held them to 19. I bet you teams like La Vega, Giddings, and WOS also have the type of defense that can contain their offense and be in a position to win. Just count your blessings again that the toughest playoff defense you faced before the title game was Snyder at 30. It sure would be nice to see Celina play a little tougher predistrict schedule next year, because if they don't, it might not be until the state championship game again when they face a truly formidable opponent.

And it's interesting that Celina beat Robinson by 13 and China Spring beat Robinson by 6. 13-6=7, which is exactly what Celina beat China Spring by. It's crazy that it worked out that way. And oh yeah, LH beat Robinson by 28. So there's scientific fact that Liberty Hill would beat Celina...:D

And one more thing...please tell Coach Ford that if he ever wants to beat LH, he needs to hire alaskacat.

bobcat1
12-24-2007, 12:50 PM
We coveted your arses this year. We didn't just want part of you, we wanted everything you had with everyone healthy. Lucky you went D1 in my opinion. You have the right to yours as well. I just know the hunger of the staff and kids to get one more shot at Liberty Hill. You might have wound up a one trick pony then. I like your program and style of game. I just don't believe you can beat us but once. Merry Christmas to you Hillians from the Celinians. Peace!:D

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2007, 12:55 PM
The fact is that there was a group of people who opposed the complex. The fact is that the Liberty Hill City Council approved the apartment complex to be built, regardless of the opposition. The fact is that, the last I heard, approval for the funding of the apartment complex had gone through. I have yet to see the ground to be broken, but as I said you don't have a clue, since it WAS approved.

Old Dog
12-24-2007, 01:55 PM
How on earth do "some" of you Celina fans find hats to fit your swollen heads? You're harping on an unanswerable question....thanks to the system.

If you want to fuss at someone, make it the UIL for screwing up the playoffs with these dang divisions! I really don't think anyone who loves high school football likes to see 10 state champions.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
How on earth do "some" of you Celina fans find hats to fit your swollen heads? You're harping on an unanswerable question....thanks to the system.

If you want to fuss at someone, make it the UIL for screwing up the playoffs with these dang divisions! I really don't think anyone who loves high school football likes to see 10 state champions. '

I only want to see 5, well 6 counting 6-man!

I love it but I don't like seeing 2 3A state champs!

charlesrixey
12-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog

If you want to fuss at someone, make it the UIL for screwing up the playoffs with these dang divisions! I really don't think anyone who loves high school football likes to see 10 state champions.

i don't think celina fans are the only ones defending their team in the mythical matchup

Rocket Dad
12-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Saw both Celina and L.H. play my Rockets this year. L.H. was a better team when I saw the games. We played Celina early and L.H. in week 11, that could be the difference.

alaskacat
12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I don't know anything about denying the building of an apartment complex, but I doubt that would keep us from moving up considering the many subdivision developments popping up all over the place. We'll be 4A in four to six years, in my opinion, and we don't look to be an afterthought any time soon.

And Celina just needs to enjoy their eighth title and be thankful we went Div I. They can talk all they want, but they wanted no part of us. And to all those fans that said you'd reclaim the top spot in the Massey Ratings...Um...NO. Liberty Hill not only finishes at the top, but also claims the number one power position from the Bobcats. Shocking, huh? Do you think it's a coincidence that the only two top 10 defenses the Bobcats faced this year held them to 19 and 21. And before that, Liberty Hill held them to 19. I bet you teams like La Vega, Giddings, and WOS also have the type of defense that can contain their offense and be in a position to win. Just count your blessings again that the toughest playoff defense you faced before the title game was Snyder at 30. It sure would be nice to see Celina play a little tougher predistrict schedule next year, because if they don't, it might not be until the state championship game again when they face a truly formidable opponent.

And it's interesting that Celina beat Robinson by 13 and China Spring beat Robinson by 6. 13-6=7, which is exactly what Celina beat China Spring by. It's crazy that it worked out that way. And oh yeah, LH beat Robinson by 28. So there's scientific fact that Liberty Hill would beat Celina...:D

And one more thing...please tell Coach Ford that if he ever wants to beat LH, he needs to hire alaskacat.

I'm smart enough that all I would do is stay out of the way and not interfere...but I would comment...and I love a good challenge. Put up or shut up...now go arrange the game:)

DDBooger
12-24-2007, 04:21 PM

But maxpreps has them ranked before Abilene High, SLC, etc. thats going a little bit to far. Like I said not taking anything away from them but maxpreps needs to be realistic. add to that Lake Travis and Lamar Consolidated. I don't think even celina or LH fans believe they could beat those teams, much less the vanquished 5As like SLC, Abilene, Pflugerville, NB, etc. but rankings are what they are. holidays have been boring but i've enjoyed the LH vs Celina banter! :clap: haha

Bobcat_Mom
12-25-2007, 11:01 PM
:hand:

K-MAC Chuck
12-26-2007, 08:57 AM
but as someone else said tradition has much to do with it. 10 years Celina will still likely be a football powerhouse. Liberty Hill will likely be a football afterthought.

Interesting comment, but I'd like to add something here.

Let's keep in mind 2 things (my opinion here):
(1) As long as Jerry Vance is the LHHS coach, the Panthers will always re-load, not re-build. That makes them contenders each and every year, they should go AT LEAST 2-3 rounds in the playoffs each season.

(2) Ten years from now, Jerry Vance will NOT be the Liberty Hill head coach, he'll have started a well-deserved retirement. The fate of the Panthers' program will rest on his replacement, which more-than-likely will be hand-picked by Vance himself. While that bodes well for the program, let's see WHO that replacement is and WHAT he does with the program.

And, here's your "wildcard" factor: Between now and 2017, WHAT year will Vance retire and the new guy take over?