PDA

View Full Version : comments from "what 8 looks like"

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:11 PM
or what overrated looks like;)

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Danged Lucky D11, Danged lucky it didn't happen. Here's you a ;) That makes it alright, right?

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:24 PM
us Hillians in LH are well aware that Celina is for real. hopefully you bobcats realize we are much better than last year:)

and hopefully all of us realize we will never get to see the beatdown that LH would give Celina this year
:devil::D

kepdawg
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
us Hillians in LH are well aware that Celina is for real. hopefully you bobcats realize we are much better than last year:)

and hopefully all of us realize we will never get to see the beatdown that LH would give Celina this year

The one thing I wasn't looking forward to after this weekend was LH/Celina debates with or without the ;) being thrown in.

I don't see why people can't just appreciate what they have.

Congrats to both state champion teams!

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:28 PM
oh i know, i think we should all save ourselves the hassle and just respect one another and REFUSE to get into the argument.

pirate4state
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The one thing I wasn't looking forward to after this weekend was LH/Celina debates with or without the ;) being thrown in.

I don't see why people can't just appreciate what they have.

Congrats to both state champion teams!

Amen!!!

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Beatdown? My aching arse. You cakewalked your way into the championship game after Gilmer took the Hard road. They were wore down and you were fresh as a daisy. We would have buried the slot t this year. But for 3 missed assignments 3 missed extra points and a missed field goal your arse was beat last year. Count your lucky stars D11.;)

pirate4state
12-23-2007, 06:31 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kep - you were right!!! :hairpunk:

CelinaCatFan
Very true. While it can be difficult to enjoy a co-championship, it doesn't have to be that way. Who knows, maybe we will meet next year. Both teams will have to replace some important leaders for that to happen.

Congrats to both the Bobcats and Panthers! Enjoy it while you can!

bobcat1
We didn't start it D11, you did. ;)

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Beatdown? My aching arse. You cakewalked your way into the championship game after Gilmer took the Hard road. They were wore down and you were fresh as a daisy. We would have buried the slot t this year. But for 3 missed assignments 3 missed extra points and a missed field goal your arse was beat last year. Count your lucky stars D11.;)
thats an awful lot of buts and ifs.

lets just be thankful that we BOTH have titles this year, but dont forget, you have never beat us:tongue: :)

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Well P4S chimes in with her :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Who'd a thought it?:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

I posted a picture and it goes to this???? Thanks.

pirate4state
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Well P4S chimes in with her :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Who'd a thought it?:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

So what? Last I checked posting :rolleyes: isn't against the rules!!

But let me say this - these type of threads won't last long. It is like all those stupid A&M/UT threads that just go round & round beating a dead horse! They accomplish nothing and bring nothing but hard feelings towards fellow posters! So don't be surprised when they get closed down and/or moved.

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So what? Last I checked posting :rolleyes: isn't against the rules!!

But let me say this - these type of threads won't last long. It is like all those stupid A&M/UT threads that just go round & round beating a dead horse! They accomplish nothing and bring nothing but hard feelings towards fellow posters! So don't be surprised when they get closed down and/or moved.
I agree. I just put up a picture and received fire. Can't help but return it, can I? ;)

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
i have to ask though, whats the point of moving the thread that you dont like to read if its only going to continue on another "created or moved" thread?

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Liberty Hill 35
Celina 13

LH is that much better than Celina.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-23-2007, 07:16 PM

I think there should be one more round of the playoffs, DI vs. DII. Them see whos #1 in 3A.

If there was, sorry to say but Liberty Hill would win.

There a mini Katy team.

kepdawg
12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I think there should be one more round of the playoffs, DI vs. DII. Them see whos #1 in 3A.

There a mini Katy team.

The idea of D1 versus D2 makes no sense.

If there is only going to be one state champion the qualifiers and brackets need to be adjusted accordingly prior to the playoffs.

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
thats an awful lot of buts and ifs.

lets just be thankful that we BOTH have titles this year, but dont forget, you have never beat us:tongue: :)

Yet, but rest assured you are NOT invincible, I cant wait for the rematch. You just escaped last year, and such a cake walk you had this year. only 8 more months:nerd: :inlove:

block&tackle
12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
nm

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-23-2007, 07:30 PM

If there is only going to be one state champion the qualifiers and brackets need to be adjusted accordingly prior to the playoffs.

2-3A state champs doesn't make any sense!

There should be one state champ for A, AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM

There a mini Katy team.

Snyder 325 your intelligence is amazing....it just ran out on the ground with that statement, you should water it..and fertilize it and sell it as kitty litter:nerd:

kepdawg
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM

I agree, but D1 versus D2 is not the way to go about rectifying it.

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 07:32 PM
I made a post about all 4 teams who played in the state championship and only one of them played a smaller school than them. All of their opponents(late in the rounds) all had greater enrollments than the 4 who participated in the state championship.

LH was smaller than Gilmer
Celina was smaller than CS

CS was smaller than la Vega
Gilmer was smaller than Wylie

Liberty Hill was smaller than pleasanton

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 07:35 PM

I agree and the funny part is if they just through everyone in the pile and bracketed all of them, most of the DI's would not be in the finals. It is usually the weakest Division...Biggest enrollment does not mean better...

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I made a post about all 4 teams who played in the state championship and only one of them played a smaller school than them. All of their opponents(late in the rounds) all had greater enrollments than the 4 who participated in the state championship.

LH was smaller than Gilmer
Celina was smaller than CS

CS was smaller than la Vega
Gilmer was smaller than Wylie

Liberty Hill was smaller than pleasanton

LH is 150 bigger thanCelina

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
LH is 150 bigger thanCelina Yea I don't think LH/Celina played did they?

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Yea I don't think LH/Celina played did they?
And you didn't see Celina play did you Tiger or Go Blue or Casey or whatever your called these days, did you? Riiiighhhttttt!

3afan
12-23-2007, 07:48 PM

there aren't 2 3A champs

there is a
3A Division I champ
and a
3A Division II champ

WHATS THE PROBLEM?????

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 07:55 PM
And you didn't see Celina play did you Tiger or Go Blue or Casey or whatever your called these days, did you? Riiiighhhttttt! What does that have to do with a post I made that regards that enrollment numbers do not many anything. IMO they should allow 4 teams from each district and shorten the season by a scrimmage and/or a game.

Send 1st and 4th place teams from each district to one bracket.
Send 2cd and 3rd place teams to another bracket.

Play the playoff games and take the winners from each to the championship game.

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 07:58 PM
What does that have to do with a post I made that regards that enrollment numbers do not many anything. Casey TigerWR Go Blue said 35-13 LH Ring a bell?

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
there aren't 2 3A champs

there is a
3A Division I champ
and a
3A Division II champ

WHATS THE PROBLEM?????

Making it Politically Correct does not make it right...It instills into the kids that half of something is as valuable as actually winning all of something...THATS THE PROBLEM!!:mad: :kiss: :kiss:

Why not take all tests in school Pass/Fail, why have valedictorians, why not give out scholarships to everyone. why get a raise at work over someone else, ...and on and on.

Do kids learn life's lessons from such ? Not in this lifetime when they get to be adults it becomes realism..winning it all does matter.

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Casey TigerWR Go Blue said 35-13 LH Ring a bell? I'm not saying Celina is bad or anything. All I mean by that prediction is LH is that good.

3afan
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Making it Politically Correct does not make it right...It instills into the kids that half of something is as valuable as actually winning all of something...THATS THE PROBLEM!!:mad: :kiss: :kiss:

PC has nothing to do with it .. its 2 distinct brackets, big school & small school ***, 2 state champions

***-yes I know its possible for the small school to be bigger than the big school - SO WHAT?

sorry your "reasoning" fails ... ;)

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Liberty Hill 35
Celina 13

LH is that much better than Celina.

This Post Casey.

I put up a picture of some kids celebrating a victory and an undefeated 16-0 season which is better than 14-0 anyday. This is the grief we get in Celina. I tell you what Mods, please remove the picture and any responses I have had to these comments that weren't appaulding our kids but tearing them down instead. All you people that posted negatively can kiss this.

3afan
12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
This Post Casey.

I put up a picture of some kids celebrating a victory and an undefeated 16-0 season which is better than 14-0 anyday. This is the grief we get in Celina. I tell you what Mods, please remove the picture and any responses I have had to these comments that weren't appaulding our kids but tearing them down instead. All you people that posted negatively can kiss this.

16-0 is the same as 14-0 in this case .......

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Yet, but rest assured you are NOT invincible, I cant wait for the rematch. You just escaped last year, and such a cake walk you had this year. only 8 more months:nerd: :inlove:

you arent either buddy. we played the teams we were put up against, and we dominated everyone of them. and yes division II was harder, but Celina in particluar still had a cakewalk until China Spring. it not like you played a gauntlet.

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 08:20 PM
16-0 is the same as 14-0 in this case .......

Absolutely no mathmatical way to prove that statement. 16 chances for a loss or injury far outweigh 14.

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 08:21 PM
haha you crack me up bobcat

3afan
12-23-2007, 08:22 PM
screw mathematics - an undefeated state champ is an undefeated state champcs - no arguing that :thumbsup:

BTW, congrats LH & Celina - both STATE CHAMPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-23-2007, 08:49 PM
there aren't 2 3A champs

there is a
3A Division I champ
and a
3A Division II champ

WHATS THE PROBLEM?????

This I agree with. We go thru a 64 team tournament to decide the champ. Just like march madness. you tell me if a team survives that and wins they are most deservedly the champs by any measure attainable.

CelinaTurf
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
MOST WINS THIS DECADE

1) CELINA 112-5
2)Southlake Carroll 109-13
3)Katy 103-13

HIGHEST WIN % THIS DECADE

1) Celina .9572%
2) GP North Shore .9320%
3)Highland Park .9135%

MOST WINS PAST 20 YEARS (1988-2007)

1) Celina 243-27-1
2)Southlake Carroll 241-38-2
3)CC Calallen 236-33-1

HIGHEST WIN % PAST 20 YEARS

1)Celina .8985 %
2) CC Calallen .8759 %
3) Southlake Carroll .8612%

MOST WINS PAST 40 YEARS (1968-2007)

1)Celina 402-83-6
2)Refugio 400-94-9
3)Odessa Permian 389-94-11

HIGHEST WIN % PAST 40 YEARS

1)Celina .8248%
2) Refugio .8042%
3) Odessa Permian .7986

All I can say, is where is Liberty Hill in this?

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 09:26 PM
haha that is very impressive celinaturf, yall have a great program.

but, i can play too:) : Liberty Hill 2006 DivII 3A state champs.

^where is celina in that one? :D

CelinaTurf
12-23-2007, 09:32 PM
As it turns out, Runner Up, a place we've been before.....a place we'll be again and a place I consider flat out pretty. Then, there are them eight rings which means we also know how to FINISH IT!

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
yall damn sure finished it.

it feels good to steamroll everyone doesnt it? i personally loved watching LH do it:D

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 09:40 PM
haha that is very impressive celinaturf, yall have a great program.

but, i can play too:) : Liberty Hill 2006 DivII 3A state champs.

^where is celina in that one? :D I don't know man...LH beat Celina once....and now have 2 champs. Fact still remains Celina has 8. I'd take the 8 to the 2 any day. Stop while you're ahead man. LOL.

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 09:42 PM
once again im just bored and trying to start some convos lol

believe me, i know that they have the upper hand on everyone in the state of texas

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 09:46 PM
once again im just bored and trying to start some convos lol

believe me, i know that they have the upper hand on everyone in the state of texas what they have accomplished over the years is just flat out impressive and matched by very few programs. You have to give that to them. I'd like to see a pre-district matchup of this game to settle things.

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
i have been giving it to them, ever since ive been a member. i guess i was just too much of a smarta$$ for em and ticked em off

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
i have been giving it to them, ever since ive been a member. i guess i was just too much of a smarta$$ for em and ticked em off smartasses don't get much love....specially around here.

alaskacat
12-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
what they have accomplished over the years is just flat out impressive and matched by very few programs. You have to give that to them. I'd like to see a pre-district matchup of this game to settle things.

Boy I second that idea...and it would produce a very large crowd to watch it too

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Boy I second that idea...and it would produce a very large crowd to watch it too there's no doubt. I'd make the drive to see it.

eagle40
12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
the way to avoid this controversy is to get rid of separate divisions. it is the way they played high school football in the old days and makes much more sense. i know it wouldn't ever happen though.

3afan
12-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by eagle40
the way to avoid this controversy is to get rid of separate divisions. it is the way they played high school football in the old days and makes much more sense. i know it wouldn't ever happen though.

there is no controversy .... just a few knotheads

3afan
12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
what they have accomplished over the years is just flat out impressive and matched by very few programs. You have to give that to them. I'd like to see a pre-district matchup of this game to settle things.

it would settle nothing if played the next year - just another non-district (aka practice) game

eagle40
12-23-2007, 11:20 PM
there is no controversy .... just a few knotheads

but there is. when a team wins the div. 1 or div. 2 championship, they have showcased their ability to only beat some of the teams in 3a. it would be much better to have one division so that could be crowned champion over all.

3afan
12-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by eagle40
but there is. when a team wins the div. 1 or div. 2 championship, they have showcased their ability to only beat some of the teams in 3a. it would be much better to have one division so that could be crowned champion over all.

well IMO its OK

3A DI champ & 3A DII champ - both STATE CHAMPS ... 20 years from now they will each be STATE CHAMPS

JR2004
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM

Well what were you expecting? :)

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
it would settle nothing if played the next year - just another non-district (aka practice) game agreed...although..I wasn't really referring to THIS year...but it'd wipe away any doubt for NEXT year or at least quell the need for argument in 2008.

BobcatBenny
12-24-2007, 12:49 AM
i have been giving it to them, ever since ive been a member. i guess i was just too much of a smarta$$ for em and ticked em off
Personally, I like these fiesty threads. It is fun to speculate.

Too bad lynx_rufus had to go outta town for the holidays. Hopefully one of his relatives let's him onto their internet connection. He would have loved to of jumped in on this.

However, I would not want to see Liberty Hill or Celina play each other until the championship game. Ever. I think we have a great potential rivalry, but it would not be the same if it happened early in the season.

Here is what I propose. We just get all the other 3A programs to agree to lay down during the play-offs so that Liberty Hill and Celina can meet up in the championship every year. How does that sound? :D :eek: :D

And if the big schools in Liberty Hill's district would just pound the snot out of Rockdale (for Blue), then we can be sure that the Panthers do not get into the wrong division of the playoffs!! :devil:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-24-2007, 01:24 AM
I agree, but D1 versus D2 is not the way to go about rectifying it.

Whats another way?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-24-2007, 01:26 AM
there aren't 2 3A champs

there is a
3A Division I champ
and a
3A Division II champ

WHATS THE PROBLEM?????

:rolleyes:

you just said it! There is a 3A DI and a 3A DII!!!!!

Thats 2 frekin 3A state champs!

runthequarter
12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
So what? Last I checked posting :rolleyes: isn't against the rules!! But let me say this - these type of threads won't last long.

I have no doubt. Posting can be. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: And as posted before, WHY do people post something that will never happen, THEN argue about it. Just make sure you agree about it lol :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

runthequarter
12-24-2007, 01:52 AM
And there will be no unified title. They tried that in class A basketball. Another diaster by the UIL. So all of this is really pointless. But 8 is tops. Thats a fact. And thats about it.

eagle40
12-24-2007, 03:17 AM
well IMO its OK

3A DI champ & 3A DII champ - both STATE CHAMPS ... 20 years from now they will each be STATE CHAMPS

which is dumb. there should only be one champion for each classification. when you have two it just waters down the honor of being a state champ. congrats to celina and lh on great seasons, but there should only be one champ. it's a shame we will never know who it wouldve been.

3afan
12-24-2007, 06:09 AM
:rolleyes:

you just said it! There is a 3A DI and a 3A DII!!!!!

Thats 2 frekin 3A state champs!

no, thats a 3A D I champ and a 3A DII champ .... 2 brackets, 2 champs

guess its a matter of perspective

let me ask this .. 10 years from now if you ask one of the Celina or LH players how their team did in '07 are the gonna say
A: "We were undefeated 3A champs, we beat _____ in the title game!"
or are they gonna say
B: "We were undefeated 3A champs, we beat _____ in the title game! But we were only the DI/II champs so it really doesn't mean that much. So where we eatin'?"

get it? its about the memories ... what else matters?

Old Tiger
12-24-2007, 08:41 AM
smartasses don't get much love....specially around here. i do

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2007, 08:49 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Centextrash
12-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Time out.....

Liberty Hill had a cake walk?
What exactly was Celina's run to the title?
How many ranked teams did they have to play?

One common opponent...Robinson

Celina 19
Robinson 7

LH 42
Robinson 14

Centextrash
12-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Personally, I like these fiesty threads. It is fun to speculate.

Too bad lynx_rufus had to go outta town for the holidays. Hopefully one of his relatives let's him onto their internet connection. He would have loved to of jumped in on this.

However, I would not want to see Liberty Hill or Celina play each other until the championship game. Ever. I think we have a great potential rivalry, but it would not be the same if it happened early in the season.

Here is what I propose. We just get all the other 3A programs to agree to lay down during the play-offs so that Liberty Hill and Celina can meet up in the championship every year. How does that sound? :D :eek: :D

And if the big schools in Liberty Hill's district would just pound the snot out of Rockdale (for Blue), then we can be sure that the Panthers do not get into the wrong division of the playoffs!! :devil:

Great post!

Old Tiger
12-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Time out.....

Celina 19
Robinson 7

LH 42
Robinson 14 daaaamn :( poor celina :(

Daddy D 11
12-24-2007, 09:15 AM
daaaamn :( poor celina :(

shhhh, dont say anything bad about celina.

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Time out.....

Celina 19
Robinson 7

LH 42
Robinson 14
Shhhhh....let's not talk about that or

China Spring 31
Robinson 25

Celina 21
China Spring 14.

Remember, we didn't play "anyone" in the playoffs. ;)

bobcat1
12-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Shhhhh....let's not talk about that or

China Spring 31
Robinson 25

Celina 21
China Spring 14.

Remember, we didn't play "anyone" in the playoffs. ;)

And Robinson was only missing which 2 players when y'all played them? You're about to step on your tongue. ;) :p :D

bobcat1
12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
See what posting a single picture of boys celebrating winning their School's 8th State Championship gets you.

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2007, 12:07 PM
And Robinson was only missing which 2 players when y'all played them? You're about to step on your tongue. ;) :p :D
Beats me. I don't memorize the names of every starter of every team in the state. I recognized several of the names on the field. Maybe you can fill me in on "who" was missing. :thinking:

bobcat1
12-24-2007, 12:31 PM
***Disclaimer*** I like just about everyone around here on the DL, and am not trying to take shots at anyone in particular....but with that said....

CT...I see it like this. The DL is a very cliquish community where everyone likes to feel all warm and fuzzy. Some do so by ..for lack of a better term...wagon jumping/butt kissing, etc. You have certain fans/people that have certain pull around here and are "buddies" with others..who then band together and in a sort...persuade the popullation ...on a semi-conscious level to lean a certain way by various means...and most comply to not disrupt the above mentioned warm and fuzzy world we know as the DL. Then you have your "class clowns" i.e. the smartasses that like to stir crap...etc. etc, and depending on who their "friends" are..they either get away w/ it and its dismissed as "(insert name here) is crazy..hes funny, that's just how he/she is, etc. etc. Then you have the ones that get banned for much less because they speak out, have no allegiance to anyone inparticular, and therefor have no allies in high places. With that...when someone/something challenges and/or upsets the balance of the "herd" mentality around here, people tend to get bent outa shape. It would appear to me that somehow Celina and their fans with their success this year pose some sort of threat to certain people and therefore you get what you are seeing this evening. A bunch of half jealousy, half "you're crowding in on my little world" name calling and mess. It's funny how some fans/teams w/ "friends" can toot their own horns, and boast, and when another team does so for accomplishing the same feat its viewed as boisterous, bragging, and unclassy. But .....anyhow..welcome to the DL...that's just how it goes around here.
This could be applied to all Celina related threads. :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: