PDA

View Full Version : This is what 8 looks like.

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 06:05 PM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9167/picture038hu8.jpg

That's an awesome sight of all those seniors to go 16-0 and Finish It in the middle of Texas Stadium!

All I can say is Done Deal!

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So what? Last I checked posting :rolleyes: isn't against the rules!!

But let me say this - these type of threads won't last long. It is like all those stupid A&M/UT threads that just go round & round beating a dead horse! They accomplish nothing and bring nothing but hard feelings towards fellow posters! So don't be surprised when they get closed down and/or moved.

yes mam:thumbsup:

kepdawg
12-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Well P4S chimes in with her :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Who'd a thought it?:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

I posted a picture and it goes to this???? Thanks.

She was echoing the sentiments I expressed last night.

It is a result of the two division system.

In our perfect little down low world there would only be one champion and only one team with bragging rights.

However, that is not the case and no matter how much it bugs people from Liberty Hill or Celina they are not the only reigning state champions. And no matter how much it bugs people from Liberty Hill the fact that Liberty Hill beat Celina last year does not guarantee they would do the same this year.

I do understand that Celina people do not like for their team to be disrespected or for their championship to be diminished. Try as some may they cannot diminish the fact that Celina did win another state championship.

Once again, congrats to both teams! Good luck on defending your title in 08!

Daddy D 11
12-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
She was echoing the sentiments I expressed last night.

It is a result of the two division system.

In our perfect little down low world there would only be one champion and only one team with bragging rights.

However, that is not the case and no matter how much it bugs people from Liberty Hill or Celina they are not the only reigning state champions. And no matter how much it bugs people from Liberty Hill the fact that Liberty Hill beat Celina last year does not guarantee they would do the same this year.

I do understand that Celina people do not like for their team to be disrespected or for their championship to be diminished. Try as some may they cannot diminish the fact that Celina did win another state championship.

Once again, congrats to both teams! Good luck on defending your title in 08!

good post:clap:

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 08:24 PM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9167/picture038hu8.jpg

That's an awesome sight of all those seniors to go 16-0 and Finish It in the middle of Texas Stadium!

All I can say is Done Deal! Congrats Celina. Quite a storied history there. Very interesting. Isn't there an independent movie out there somewhere about the Celina Bobcats?

CelinaTurf
12-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Power, Passion & Glory-google it and you'll find the supplier. It's about the first year up from 2A.

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
Power, Passion & Glory-google it and you'll find the supplier. It's about the first year up from 2A. found it...interested. May have to order it. Thanks CT.

bobcat1
12-23-2007, 10:17 PM
It is worth the money. Nothing was reshot in the whole movie except one office scene where they moved a pen in a pocket for some reason. You will like it.

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 10:27 PM
It is worth the money. Nothing was reshot in the whole movie except one office scene where they moved a pen in a pocket for some reason. You will like it. I wish they'd make more movies about Texas HS football teams. There are several teams out there that'd translate into good movies. The 1983 Daingerfield season, Sealy's 4 champs in a row in the 90s, Katy's 2007 season, etc. etc.

bobcat1
12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I wish they'd make more movies about Texas HS football teams. There are several teams out there that'd translate into good movies. The 1983 Daingerfield season, Sealy's 4 champs in a row in the 90s, Katy's 2007 season, etc. etc. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Here's that dang thread that started the BS since last night. Boy if I hadn't posted this catalyst, we would all still be friends. My fault. That photo was distasteful since there was no purple.;)

Bull's-eye
12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
Power, Passion & Glory-google it and you'll find the supplier. It's about the first year up from 2A.

Last year, I found the DVD at Best Buy in Sugar Land. Great DVD!!

Celina is at the top of my list for teams I haven't seen, might have to make a long road trip next season.

Bobcat_Mom
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
we bought it when we first moved here, boy did it tell us a lot about the town...what an awesome movie...

Centextrash
12-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Tells you alot about the mentallity of Celina football.
Interesting movie!

Congrats Bobcats

SpeedOption
12-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Who better than to showcase Texas hs football than the leader in state titles? Funny though think back just a few years and who would you have picked? Brownwood then Permian then SLC now Celina. Times change. All of those teams have a storied past. Permian looks to be back on the way up. Brownwood will be when/if they drop to 3A. SLC will stage a comeback, they are so good unless they win it all they need a comeback. Maybe Buzz shoulda stopped in Celina before he went to Odessa.

charlesrixey
12-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
Who better than to showcase Texas hs football than the leader in state titles? Funny though think back just a few years and who would you have picked? Brownwood then Permian then SLC now Celina. Times change. All of those teams have a storied past. Permian looks to be back on the way up. Brownwood will be when/if they drop to 3A. SLC will stage a comeback, they are so good unless they win it all they need a comeback. Maybe Buzz shoulda stopped in Celina before he went to Odessa.

Back in 1988 celina had 1 state title and had just pulled out of a 7-8 year doldrum span with a 13-2 run that ended with a loss to Quanah, who would lose in the 2A finals the next week to Corrigan-Camden

it's funny how another 200 wins and 7 more state titles changes things!

boudreaux
12-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Good picture bobcat. Thanks for sharing.
If it was me, I think I would have the picture enlarged, and framed with "what 8 looks like". Fitting, don't you think?

LHdog
12-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Be glad Celina didn't have to play Liberty Hill again.

Jack_Daniels
12-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Be glad Liberty Hill didn't have to play Celina again.