kepdawg
12-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Front
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7740/3adlflag003hb6.jpg

Back
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/310/3adlflag005jt0.jpg

Ranger Mom
12-23-2007, 09:22 AM
I think I had to replace one Sharpie when I got it and Rita replaced one when she got it.....but all in all, I think my "nerdy little sharpie pocket" turned out to be a good idea after all!!:nerd:

Pmoney
12-23-2007, 11:25 AM
im just wondering but who is the person who had the EJECTED sign over their name?

Emerson1
12-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
im just wondering but who is the person who had the EJECTED sign over their name?
Think of someone no one liked that was ejected during the season

TOPS1435
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Personally, I think the sharpie holder is an example of GENIUS!!!!!! Great going! Was that you, Ranger Mom, holding the flag when I signed it in Waco? I know I talked to LHPantherMom, but I was too cold and it was too windy to linger and find out who else I met.

Glad I got together with you guys if ever so briefly. I hope sometime to get to a M&G earlier in the year........

Emerson1
12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
The sharpie holder was all my idea

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Think of someone no one liked that was ejected during the season

Was it KTA??

Old Tiger
12-23-2007, 08:16 PM
look what someone wrote in the PS. by Go Blue's sig!:eek: :eek: :eek: :(

DU_stud04
12-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
look what someone wrote in the PS. by Go Blue's sig!:eek: :eek: :eek: :( hahahahaha

IHStangFan
12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
wow..."ejected"?? 2 questions...1. who was the ejected member who's name was blotted out off the flag? 2. why go that route and perform this childish act and go so far as to scribble out someone's name?

some people/things around here have gotten pretty ridiculous. :doh:

Emerson1
12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
All the losers signed under me

DeeStroyer71
12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
wow..."ejected"?? 2 questions...1. who was the ejected member who's name was blotted out off the flag? 2. why go that route and perform this childish act and go so far as to scribble out someone's name?

some people/things around here have gotten pretty ridiculous. :doh:

Wouldn't marking a members name out, whether they had been ejected or not, fall under desecrating the flag? Apparently, they were a member when they were given the flag and signed it. To me, marking out someones name and writing ejected over it is ten times worse than just leaving it alone. It definitely takes away from the meaning of the flag. What a shame.

It's way beyond ridiculous.

Emerson1
12-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DeeStroyer71
Wouldn't marking a members name out, whether they had been ejected or not, fall under desecrating the flag? Apparently, they were a member when they were given the flag and signed it. To me, marking out someones name and writing ejected over it is ten times worse than just leaving it alone. It definitely takes away from the meaning of the flag. What a shame.

It's a tradition to desecrate the flag

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 12:10 AM
It's a tradition to desecrate the flag evidently, LOL.

Emerson1
12-24-2007, 12:11 AM
evidently, LOL.
There always has to be something on it that looks bad and people can easily notice. Whether it's a spilled drink stain, poop stain or whatever.

DeeStroyer71
12-24-2007, 12:11 AM
It's a tradition to desecrate the flag

And this comes from? You? or the owner and moderators of the forum?

If you are going to disrespect it by desecrating it, then there is no point in having it.

Emerson1
12-24-2007, 12:12 AM
And this comes from? You? or the owner and moderators of the forum?

If you are going to disrespect it by desecrating it, then there is no point in having it.
Well, I am related to the guy who thought of this entire thing and without him it wouldn't be here. So yes.

3afan
12-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Wouldn't marking a mhttp://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3
3A Football Discussionembers name out, whether they had been ejected or not, fall under desecrating the flag? Apparently, they were a member when they were given the flag and signed it. To me, marking out someones name and writing ejected over it is ten times worse than just leaving it alone. It definitely takes away from the meaning of the flag. What a shame.

i believe the name blocked out conspired to then hijacked the flag and prevented it from making a M&G in which people came to sign the flag ..... that was one of several, uhhm, things

but maybe not

whatever

blah

DeeStroyer71
12-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, I am related to the guy who thought of this entire thing and without him it wouldn't be here. So yes.

I'll stick with my statement.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 12:19 AM
There always has to be something on it that looks bad and people can easily notice. Whether it's a spilled drink stain, poop stain or whatever. LOL...poop stain....classic. Tell me that hasn't really happened.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 12:20 AM
I think somebody must have mistaken DeeStroyer71's bowl of cheerios for a urinal!

DeeStroyer71
12-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I think somebody must have mistaken DeeStroyer71's bowl of cheerios for a urinal!

I just call it as I see it, that's all. No more, no less.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 12:34 AM
I just call it as I see it, that's all. No more, no less. amen to that.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I just call it as I see it, that's all. No more, no less.

Well, it's not like it's an American Flag.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, it's not like it's an American Flag. nah Kep...its not..you're right, but I do think its a bit absurd to mark out someone's name just because they are "banned" or "ROM'd" or "ejected". Fact still remains that ...at some point...that person had the flag sent to them...took care of it, and made sure it got back to whoever it needed to w/ out incident. That alone warrants leaving the name alone.....the DL flag is like a road trip or a history lesson and to deface it or "delete" someone from it is taking away from its trip and the history of what transpired over the season...ROM'd or not. I for one do not agree w/ marking names off of it due to that fact...kinda takes away from what the flag represents. That's just my $0.02 though.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 12:48 AM
nah Kep...its not..you're right, but I do think its a bit absurd to mark out someone's name just because they are "banned" or "ROM'd" or "ejected". Fact still remains that ...at some point...that person had the flag sent to them...took care of it, and made sure it got back to whoever it needed to w/ out incident. That alone warrants leaving the name alone.....the DL flag is like a road trip or a history lesson and to deface it or "delete" someone from it is taking away from its trip and the history of what transpired over the season...ROM'd or not. I for one do not agree w/ marking names off of it due to that fact...kinda takes away from what the flag represents. That's just my $0.02 though.

Uh, okay. But isn't the ejection part of what transpired over the season? ;)

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Uh, okay. But isn't the ejection part of what transpired over the season? ;) LOL...exactly...its part of the "history" so leave the flag alone. I don't know...I just thought it was kinda childish...but thats just me. How ya been man?

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 12:54 AM
LOL...exactly...its part of the "history" so leave the flag alone. I don't know...I just thought it was kinda childish...but thats just me. How ya been man?

I'm all right. And I don't think it's cool that someone blocked out his name, but I don't think it's really a big deal either.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm all right. And I don't think it's cool that someone blocked out his name, but I don't think it's really a big deal either. I'm just assuming whos name it was....but that isn't the issue w/ me..if it was someone I DIDN'T like, I'd feel the same way....definately not very cool.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm just assuming whos name it was....but that isn't the issue w/ me..if it was someone I DIDN'T like, I'd feel the same way....definately not very cool.

I know whose name it was, but it wouldn't be a big deal to me if it was my name!

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:04 AM
I know whose name it was, but it wouldn't be a big deal to me if it was my name! yeah..I guess its not a huge deal...never meant for it to be really...but I do think it goes against what the flag represents, and I also think it was a bit absurd to strike out someone's name. I bet I can piece the puzzle together and figure out who the major players are/were. :) MAN...how's yall's weather? we're sittin at about 35 here in Needville at the moment...might ACTUALLY have some Christmas like weather for Christmas? I hope so.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:07 AM
yeah..I guess its not a huge deal...never meant for it to be really...but I do think it goes against what the flag represents, and I also think it was a bit absurd to strike out someone's name. I bet I can piece the puzzle together and figure out who the major players are/were. :) MAN...how's yall's weather? we're sittin at about 35 here in Needville at the moment...might ACTUALLY have some Christmas like weather for Christmas? I hope so.

I guess I don't really see the flag as representing anything. I guess maybe I just haven't bought into the spirit of the flag or something. It's been pretty cold up here. I haven't been outside at all today. It was 20 when I went to bed last night.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:16 AM
I guess I don't really see the flag as representing anything. I guess maybe I just haven't bought into the spirit of the flag or something. It's been pretty cold up here. I haven't been outside at all today. It was 20 when I went to bed last night. good lord man...20s. ALMOST forgot what thats like. Been about 2 yrs since I've seen a REAL winter.

runthequarter
12-24-2007, 01:31 AM
yeah..I guess its not a huge deal...never meant for it to be really...but I do think it goes against what the flag represents, and I also think it was a bit absurd to strike out someone's name.

So why the big deal?

Emerson1
12-24-2007, 01:45 AM
I think it's pretty absurd to someone would do that. I think it was 325

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
So why the big deal? no big deal...I'm not writing my congressman or anything. I do think its a bit much...and the only thing that happened here was some discussion over the matter. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Merry Christmas.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:57 AM
I think it's pretty absurd to someone would do that. I think it was 325 probably...you guys should have known better than got give him a sharpie. :D

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 01:58 AM
no big deal...I'm not writing my congressman or anything. I do think its a bit much...and the only thing that happened here was some discussion over the matter. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Merry Christmas.

I think you should write your congressman and tell him Emerson said 325 did it!

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 01:59 AM
I think you should write your congressman and tell him Emerson said 325 did it! you mean Emerson ISN'T my congressman? CRAP!! All of those wasted stamps!

runthequarter
12-24-2007, 01:59 AM
yeah thanks. Looking at the length of this thread I would too say its no big deal. Thanks

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
yeah thanks. Looking at the length of this thread I would too say its no big deal. Thanks no biggie....wait...is that sarcasm? If so ...excuse the hell out of me for having a discussion on a DISCUSSION BOARD. Please clue me in on how that ISN'T what we're here for. And why does what I think bother you so much? Am I not entitled to my opinion? Again...its not a HUGE deal..I'm not changing my Holiday plans over it, just put my $0.02 out there and then discussed why I felt the way I do on this particular topic.

:rolleyes:

If you did not intend sarcasm...disregard this post.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 02:05 AM
It's starting to look like maybe this whole flag deal was a bad idea! All it's doing now is causing trouble on the board! :(

Emerson1
12-24-2007, 02:07 AM
It's starting to look like maybe this whole flag deal was a bad idea! All it's doing now is causing trouble on the board! :(
I don't think one little thread of arguing because someone boxed out someones name would make the 3rd year running of something all of a sudden a bad idea.

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 02:08 AM
It's starting to look like maybe this whole flag deal was a bad idea! All it's doing now is causing trouble on the board! :( it doesnt matter WHAT it is...a flag, two state champs, etc. etc. people have opinions and will express them as they see fit. The problem lies in the fact that some...for whatever reason around here feel they have to try to correct another's way of thinking and or opinion and beliefs to their way of thinking instead of just taking it what its worth, respecting the right that one has to express one's opinion and moving on and if that doesn't work, the name calling and finger pointing starts. It's par for the course here lately.

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Well, it makes me sad to see division amongst the 3ADL posters. :(

Emerson1
12-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Well, it makes me sad to see division amongst the 3ADL posters. :(
No it doesn't, it makes you happy and that's how it's gonna be

pirate4state
12-24-2007, 02:17 AM
The name that was stamped out was KTA's.

Do I think it should have been stamped out? No.

Do I think it warrants all of the above posts? No.

I love the idea of the shirt/flag, but most of us are comfortable about meeting each other at games or away from games w/o a flag/shirt so for some of you to be upset about what has happened is just silly, IMO!

But by all means, knock yourselves out!

kepdawg
12-24-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I love the idea of the shirt/flag, but most of us are comfortable about meeting each other at games or away from games w/o a flag/shirt so for some of you to be upset about what has happened is just silly, IMO!

But by all means, knock yourselves out!

I sense this thread has irritated you and that makes me sad. :(

IHStangFan
12-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

But by all means, knock yourselves out! upset...not really...think it was a bit silly...yes....other than that...it makes for a discussion on a night that there isn't much going on. There's ALOT of stuff that I think is silly here lately...but I take it for what it's worth, try not to chastise others for expressing their opinions (although I will debate given the chance...cause...that's kinda what msg boards are for isn't it?) and move on. Wish more around here would do the same.

pirate4state
12-24-2007, 02:22 AM
try not to chastise others for expressing their opinions try harder :p