PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Scrimmages/Games

TarponPride2003
02-10-2003, 09:51 AM
I would like to know any info. on any games that have taken place thus far in baseball...I will post up any info. that i know of here in 32-3AAA..and perhaps anything i read about in articles......thanks!

Port Isabel 9-Psja Memorial 5
Lyford 0-Los Fresnos 4
Sinton 17-Calallen 7..(im not to sure about this score but i think its right).

Hannibal
02-10-2003, 11:39 AM
I take it these are scores from scrimmages since games cannot start until next week?

TarponPride2003
02-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Yea these are all scrimmages that i know of so far...

rhs_olb33_06
02-10-2003, 08:45 PM
i didnt even know they keep scores at scrimmages

Phil C
02-10-2003, 10:07 PM
I don't know if they do or not either but I never take them seriously because like football the two teams are not at their best because the coaches are looking at different players and new players in different positions and are really preparing for the season when it counts. Plus in baseball you have to consider that a lot of teams don't have all of their players because some of them are still playing basketball. So even if they do keep scores it is not a true indication of the season at all in my opinion.

TarponPride2003
02-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Yea im pretty sure that most schools try all their players at different positions and that it is not a good indicator of a teams true strength but still i thought you guys would want to be informed on any info. from scores...i didnt know i was gonna be jumped...lol..j/k..peace!

Phil C
02-11-2003, 10:35 AM
I am sorry if it came across that I was jumping you Tarpon because that was not my intention. And the scores of games whether scrimages or not is still interesting. Thank you for posting what your information.

pirate4state
02-11-2003, 04:07 PM
As far as I know Sinton's first scrimmage was supposed to be last night (Mon. 2/10) against G-P. We had a lot of rain this past week & I know they cancelled the softball games b/c of bad field conditions. I don't know if this effected the guys or not. Next scrimmage is scheduled for Sat. 2/15 in A-P at 11 a.m.

TarponPride2003
02-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Its cool Phil C...Sintons first scrimmage was supposed to be this past monday...damn..you guys start a week later than us....i wonder why that is?...oh well...peace out!!

Hannibal
02-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Pirate4state, the scrimmage Saturday is a three-way with AP and GP. It is going to be held in Sinton, as long as it doesn't rain.

jr
02-12-2003, 03:50 PM
elgin has a scrimage on friday if the weather premits it to happen, against lockheart in elgin. :D

Old Cardinal
02-12-2003, 04:59 PM
To Jr.: Who are the strong teams is Your end of Region III and why?

pirate4state
02-13-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Hannibal. Weather guys seem to think it'll rain all day Saturday. It is gray, cloudy & all around yucky right now. (thurs. 9:16 a.m.) :D

TarponPride2003
02-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Who do you guys think will get 2nd in the Yoakum district?...does anybody have anmy sort of idea?.. i know it early but oh wel...thanks...peace!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-13-2003, 11:03 AM
TarponPride2003:
Who do you guys think will get 2nd in the Yoakum district?...does anybody have anmy sort of idea?.. i know it early but oh wel...thanks...peace!You guys want Cuero again, don't ya? The Gobs have knocked the Tarpons off 2 years in a row. Maybe this year, 3rd time is the charm?

Fahq07
02-13-2003, 02:51 PM
I hear that forney had a scrimmage with white house the other night. Dont really know who won but forney is going to be good again from what i am hearing. forney's supposed, best pitcher got a 7 spot put on him the first inning but other than that i hear that they will be real good.

Old Green
02-13-2003, 05:46 PM
TarponPride. My personal opinion is that it will be Yoakum, Hallettsville, and Gonzales in that order.

sinton66
02-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Here is the Sinton Varsity Schedule:

Date Opponent Location/Scores Time
Feb 11 Gregory-Portland(scrimmage)Portland 5:00
Feb 15 Aransas Pass (scrimmage) Sinton 11:00
Feb 20-22 Poteet Tournament
Thursday vs Tuloso Midway Pleasanton Field 12:15
vs Marion Pleasanton Field 5:00
Friday vs Zapata Pleasanton Field 2:30
vs Pleasanton Pleasanton Field 7:30
Saturday Championships TBA TBA

Feb 25 Calallen Calallen TBA

Feb 27,28 Mar 1 CC ISD Tournament

Thursday vs. Flour Bluf Moody Field 3:00
vs. CC Carroll Cabaniss Field 10:00
Friday vs. Austin Bowie Carroll Field 5:30
Saturday Championship Bracket TBA TBA

Mar 6,7,8 Calallen Tournament
Thursday vs.Odem Calallen 12:00
vs.San Antonio Holmes Oil Belt Field5:00
Friday vs.San Antonio Clark Calallen 9:30
vs.Eagle PassOil Belt Field 5:00
Saturday Championship Bracket Calallen TBA

Mar 11 Falfurrias Sinton 7:00
Mar 14 CC King San Antonio (Wolfe) 3:00
Mar 15 Floresville San Antonio (Wolfe) 8:30
Mar 18 West Oso* Sinton 7:00
Mar 20 Port Lavaca-Calhoun Port Lavaca 7:00
Mar 21 Aransas Pass* Aransas Pass 7:00
Mar 22 Hebbronville Sinton 2:00
Mar 25 Taft* Sinton 7:00
Mar 28 Ingleside* Ingleside 7:00
Mar 31 Mathis* Sinton 7:00
Apr 4 West Oso* West Oso 7:00
Apr 8 Aransas Pass* Sinton 7:00
Apr 15 Taft* Taft 7:00
Apr 17 Ingleside* Sinton 7:00
Apr 22 Mathis* Mathis 7:00
Apr 29 April District Certification Deadline

June 4-7 State Tournament Austin

Baseball Coach: Gene Kasprzyk
Asst. Coaches: Paul Ynostrosa, Cory Nix, Homer Trevino
*Denotes District games

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

TarponPride2003
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
oh ok thanks for the info...i thought that cuero would be in the run this year?..oh well thanks for the info once again....peace!

jr
02-14-2003, 04:12 PM
to old Cardninal as far as i know La Grange should be the only team that we may have trouble with maybe manor I thank that it will be elgin, La Grange and manor that make the playoffs and as far as who wins the district 24 3a I thank that it will be between Elgin and La Grange!!!!!! :D :D

Old Cardinal
02-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Thank you Jr. for the info....What are your predictions on District 23-3A also?

Bellville22
02-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Old Card: I can provide some insight on District 23. Colombus should fill the 3rd slot and maybe surprise some people in the playoffs. Don't know a whole lot about them, but I'm hearing some good rumors lately. I think the big race will be between rivals Bellville and Sealy. As much as it pains me to say it, I'm gonna have to pick Sealy to finish on top. As of right now, and I know alot can progress, Bellville is a team that will live and die on the arm of Jr. Jess Buenger. He's a very good, and very smart pitcher, capable of shutting down an opposing offense. Very effective last year hitting his spots and mixing it up, and should bring 89-91 this year. They'll also look to him to carry much of the offensive load. I'm hoping some other guys will step up, especially on the mound, so hopefully good things will happen. Sealy, on the other hand is loaded with arms. They've got 3 guys, one lefty, who are extremely talented. Their ace is heading to Rice I believe, can pump in 92 consistantly. The other righty gets it up there too I hear. The lefty is, from what I understand, doesn't throw as hard as the others, but is very smart and a pretty complete pitcher. Sealy would have to be my pick to finish on top, but if Buenger is on for Bellville and they can chalk up 2 or 3 runs, they could come out on top. In the long run though, I think Sealy, with those arms, has a legitimate shot at a State Title.

Old Cardinal
02-15-2003, 01:30 PM
To Bellville 22: Thank you for sharing with all of us. Sounds pretty tough down there in District 23....I agree that Sealy is a formidable foe in baseball. That Coach Janczak is one of the sharper tools in the shed; and Ralph Loerwald is evidently a good pitching Coach. I watched Bridge City take Sealy 11-3 in the first game of the Area round and then come back and set a new state record in scoring 17 runs in one inning of the second game. But if you ask the knowledgeable fans from BC, they will tell you that on a given night Sealy can take anyone with their good arsenal of pitchers. Wow, Bellville lost out to Sinton in the Regional semi-final, and they are again hungry this season. I would just guess that Navasota will play a good game or two and be a spoiler for someone, also. Thanks for the info on Columbus! Losing out to La Grange last year is not showing weakness! That should be an interesting District to follow this season. Bellville 22, down our way-Buna, Jasper, Barbers Hill and Bridge City look to be the slightly dominate teams to contend with.

TarponPride2003
02-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Well we have officially started our real games down here in south texas.......we are currently playing in the valleyview tournament and thus far this is how we have done.....

Port Isabel(W)10- Raymondville(L)0...(5 innings)
Lyford(w) ??- Psja Memorial(L)???

...not much but thats all i know

We play Bishop today in our next tourny game.....

Peace!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
02-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Sinton was supposed to be in the Poteet/Pleaston Tourney, but due to RAIN, yesterday & today's games have been cancelled. They MIGHT be able to play tomorrow, but I doubt it. Well, I guess we can look forward to Tuesday vs. Calallen. :)

RBARKER
02-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Barbers Hill is off to a good start they played Hitchcock last week and won 9-0 and is currently playing in the Hitchcock tournament. They opened with a win over Danbury 13-0. The tournament continues this saturday.

Old Cardinal
02-21-2003, 02:07 PM
21-3A just might be interesting...Last year Hardin-Jefferson won 22-3A and now they are in 21-3A where Bridge City has ruled the District for several years, in baseball. H-J drew a bye, then beat Splendora and then lost to Buna who came in 2nd to Bridge City, last season. It just might get real interesting,,,,talk to anyone from H-J and they are saying they will sweep the newly merged District called 21-3A!

jr
02-21-2003, 03:49 PM
to old Cardnial in the district that im in it may go with elgin and la grange fighting for the district championship. it could go la grange, elgin, and manor, or elgin, la grange, and manor but you never know manor may pull off a cinderlla. they beat elgin at elgin, they ten runruled us you can bet that we haven't forgot about that I think we will be ready here in elgin how do things look from your neck of the woods. :D :D

Old Cardinal
02-21-2003, 05:24 PM
To Jr.: I have seen Jasper play, they are an excellent 4A level team that finds themselves in 3A. Buna's great All-State pitcher Chase Tucker has chosen to lay out this year because of a possibility of re-injuring a recent arm operation-or so I've been told. Hardin-Jefferson is quite solid.....RBarker, can probably tell us a lot more about the 22-3A assorted teams. I have not reports on the Mexia, Lorena, Hillboro, West, China Springs, etc: area

RBARKER
02-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Barbers Hill still rolling 4-0 for the season and they just won the Hitchcock Tour with a 21-1 win over Danbury and a 7-5 win over stafford in the final. The Eagles play 4A Lamarque Tuesday.

TarponPride2003
02-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Port Isabel also starts out the season 4-0 after winning the ValleyView tournament this past weekend with wins against Raymondville,Bishop,Hidalgo and ValleyView..............peace!!!

Old Cardinal
02-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Well the 21-3A situation with Hardin-Jefferson and Bridge City is still quite interesting. H-J winner of 22-3A last year an porported to have their best team-just lost to Bridge City 7-3...No, Derek Blacksher did not pitch it, Broc Haymon a Freshman won over the mighty H-J, by a score of BC 7 H-J 3. Now Derek did get 3 hits, to help out the effort. Also, Kurt Vincent, a sophomore got 2 timely hits, for BC. Haymon, has a great arm in both Football and Baseball. He is a big skilled kid that is poised as a basketball player also.

AP_OLB_1
02-26-2003, 08:30 PM
ive talked to a few of the other pitchers in 21-3a at champ and havnt heard much about preditions... but i do know that hj came to the lamar camp with a total of 5 pitchers who look to have great arms. one who signed with lamar when i was up there. down here in anahuac we believe this is our best team since we have turned our program around. were young with great senior leaders... look forward to stick our nose into district play