PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Balboa movie (nf)

injuredinmelee
12-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I know it has been a while since its release but I have just finished watching it for the first time and I have to say it was my favorite of all 6. Am I alone in this? My brother said he hated it.

pirate4state
12-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I liked it. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my favorite of the 6. Rocky II & III are my favorites!

zebrablue2
12-22-2007, 12:58 AM
I and II were my favorites.

SpeedOption
12-22-2007, 01:06 AM
1 will always be the best. 6 was good. It had actual acting instead of cut-ups like a music video.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I liked it alot, I have to agree that Rocky I is the best of them all.

Rocky II is up there though, Rocky III isn't bad.

I liked Rocky IV but Rocky V sucked.

big daddy russ
12-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I never did like Rocky I. IMO, they started getting good at part two, but went downhill later on... until this one. It was also my favorite.

Old Tiger
12-22-2007, 02:29 PM
The only thing wrong with the Rocky movies is that they should have stopped after 3.

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2007, 02:31 PM
ROCKY V should be completely removed and replaced with Rocky Balboa

Who-dun-it!!?
12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I liked 1-4. 5 suked, and 6 was to unrealistic.
He woulda got killed against the younger champ. Steroids can only take you so far.

DU_stud04
12-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The only thing wrong with the Rocky movies is that they should have stopped after 3. seriously? 4 vs the russian, the most successful rocky that came out? how could anyone NOT like rocky 4?

outside of the us, the total sales number was almost doubled. Rocky IV made US$175 million outside of the U.S. grossing an overall US$300 million worldwide, the most out of any Rocky film. Additionally, Rocky IV is the most successful sports film of all time in terms of Box Office Adjusted for Inflation.

im glad they didnt kill rocky balboa like they had originally planed to in the fight against drago, once it was released that they were going to kill him off, fans became unhappy and it was deemed "unacceptable".

also what i liked about this one, alot of the first half is real exchange in blows. the guy who played ivan drago landed one in stallone's chest and it slammed his heart against his breastbone, causing the heart to swell and his breathing to become labored. Stallone, suffering from labored breathing and a blood pressure over 200, was flown from the set in Canada to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and was kept in intensive care for eight days

here is my take on the rockys

rocky I.... meh
rocky II....okay
rocky III...... :)
rocky IV ...... :D
rocky V ....... :o
rocky balboa...... :D

only thing i liked in rocky 5 washis flashback of him training for his first fight with apollo creed with micky (http://www.youtube.com/v/5MEQ0eBDPzY&rel=1) ..... other than that. just terrible. stallone also tried to kill of rocky after the street fight with tommy gun..... but then again rewrote it.

either way, the rocky series is still my favorite out of any other series i have watched.