PDA

View Full Version : New Monopoly Board Game Version!

Phil C
12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
And it is approved by the maker fo the game Parker Brothers and is included with every new Monopoly set you buy now. It uses a Speed Die and believe me the game goes much faster. Before a game with 4 might last up to three hours but with this new way it can end in about 1 hour and moves fast.
I wrote this thread mainly for those who are familiar with the game. I like this newer version but others may still like the old way. Too each his own.

Adidas410s
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Is this game already out in stores??? If so I know what I'm buying the future in-laws for christmas

NDFootball
12-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
And it is approved by the maker fo the game Parker Brothers and is included with every new Monopoly set you buy now. It uses a Speed Die and believe me the game goes much faster. Before a game with 4 might last up to three hours but with this new way it can end in about 1 hour and moves fast.
I wrote this thread mainly for those who are familiar with the game. I like this newer version but others may still like the old way. Too each his own.

This is revolutionary...Monopoly is pretty much my favorite game EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil C
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Is this game already out in stores??? If so I know what I'm buying the future in-laws for christmas

It seems to be available in all original monopoly games now. In fact there is a Mega Monopoly game that usees them exclusively and even has more spaces on the board!

JR2004
12-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I bought the new digital Monopoly game for my fiance 2 months ago. It was about 35 dollars, but it seems well worth it since everything is digital, including the money.

Phil C
02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
There are several good books that can teach you some good strategy in monopoly. The thing to remember is that you need good rent property with hotels on them. I feel that experience and playing is the key to learning this game. Also luck is important because of the dependance on the roll of the dice. Another thing to remember is that when all property is developed then jail is a safe place to be. You don't risk landing on expensive property and you can collect rents from the safety of your own confortable jail cell. In monopoly being in jail is not a disgrace and can be the best place to be. Railroads and Utilities are nice rentals for money but property developement with hotels bring in the money.

Remember even the slightest thing can turn a monopoly game around. It is said that one time a player who really wasn't a good player won a game against four good monopoly tournament player because they gave him an edge. It didn't seem like much since it didn't involve giving him extra money or property. What they did was let him have a choice in the game of rolling the dice again if he wanted. He used it wisely. He landed on Boardwalk that had hotels on it and he chose to roll the dice again and missed the deadly square. This won the game and was the first time he ever won against them. Just one simple thing like what they did changed the entire game.

Phil C
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
The thing about monopoly is that there is constant talking, arguing and even sometimes screeming (no violence please). That is sometimes as enjoyable as playing the game indeed.