PDA

View Full Version : Celina takes it on the chin

eagles_victory
12-21-2007, 02:54 AM
#1 Princeton 93 Celina 14

Probably should of pulled off the dogs sooner then that.

Stownhorse
12-21-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
#1 Princeton 93 Celina 14

Probably should of pulled off the dogs sooner then that.

Where is Princeton? and where were they in football?

eagles_victory
12-21-2007, 02:57 AM
They're in the same district and Celina beat them 35-6 in football. If im not mistaken Princeton is one of JR's least favorite teams

Stownhorse
12-21-2007, 03:03 AM
They're in the same district and Celina beat them 35-6 in football. If im not mistaken Princeton is one of JR's least favorite teams

haha, I had no clue where that was.

NDFootball
12-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Aren't they like a major basketball force though like that one team...I think it's called Joshua or something like that.

eagles_victory
12-21-2007, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Aren't they like a major basketball force though like that one team...I think it's called Joshua or something like that. They're always pretty good but I dont think I ever remember Joshua having a strong team?

thewyliefan
12-21-2007, 04:34 AM
They're always pretty good but I dont think I ever remember Joshua having a strong team?

thats weird...i thought joshua has some strong teams too.

off topic would anyone happen to have the bball rankings?

NDFootball
12-21-2007, 04:44 AM
They're always pretty good but I dont think I ever remember Joshua having a strong team?

Maybe that's just a name tossed around that I picked up on one day. >< I'm an idiot when it comes to HS bball

thewyliefan
12-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Maybe that's just a name tossed around that I picked up on one day. >< I'm an idiot when it comes to HS bball

haha join the club

eagles_victory
12-21-2007, 04:59 AM
http://tabchoops.org/finalB.html

charlesrixey
12-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Aren't they like a major basketball force though like that one team...I think it's called Joshua or something like that.

krum?

that's near joshua

ponder?

3afan
12-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
krum?

that's near joshua

ponder?

Krum in NW of Denton

Ponder is SW of Denton

Joshua is South of FW

charlesrixey
12-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
Krum in NW of Denton

Ponder is SW of Denton

Joshua is South of FW

close enough!:p

jason
12-21-2007, 08:52 AM
joshua is in a district with mineral wells, crowley, stephenville, aledo, everman, and alvarado...

i dont think princeton is a powerhouse, they were terrible when i was in high school and they were in our district...

3afan
12-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by jason

i dont think princeton is a powerhouse...

the past few years they have been very good .....

charlesrixey
12-21-2007, 09:38 AM
this has to be boys basketball, right?

trojan37
12-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Sweet. Our kidsget to play them in a tournament in Sherman on Dec. 27. Maybe we can get some revenge from that playoff drubbing we took!

Balcones fault
12-21-2007, 10:57 AM
When did Celina start playing boys basketball and football simultaneously? Oh my. First the girls get to play volleyball, then the basketball players that don't play football actually get to start the season before December 22. Is a parent coaching? Will miracles never cease???

Good for the Celina roundballers, finally. Progress happens.

NastySlot
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Princeton has turned into quite a hoops power........I believe they have or had something 4 sets of coaches or former coaches kids playing plus they had a pretty good exchange student a few years back...combine that with really good coaching and they are a 3A force

charlesrixey
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM
this is what happens when most of your starters play football

i bet the score would've been a lot closer, like 94-45 if they'd been in!

:(

JR2004
12-21-2007, 03:47 PM

I saw Celina play Princeton last year in basketball with the football players...The score wouldn't have been much different with them last night. Celina doesn't make much of an effort to field a competitive team on the hardwood.

eagles_victory
12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Only reason Celina played while the football team was still playing was because it was district. Celina had a pretty good player when we played them two years ago but we still won by 40. Actually they had 2 good players I think one was Nathan Tune the QB of that years state championship team

block&tackle
12-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Before last year we had never been in an eight team district - this district supposedly has to start early in order to get in all of their games.:rolleyes: Last year we tried to get Pilot Point to let us reschedule and they wouldn't - don't know if we tried this year.

Orange Defense
12-21-2007, 05:25 PM

Yay, after football is over the first few games are very physical. It's quite humerous to watch!!! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
12-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Yay, after football is over the first few games are very physical. It's quite humerous to watch!!! :eek:

hahaha, I noticed that very thing a couple of years ago. It is very evident which ones just finished playing football rather than being basketball only.:D

kepdawg
12-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Princeton's schedule so far has been full of mostly 4A and 5A schools. Although Argyle the first time (#2 3A) and Ponder (#2 2A) seemed to have given them the best games.

JR2004
12-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Princeton's schedule so far has been full of mostly 4A and 5A schools. Although Argyle the first time (#2 3A) and Ponder (#2 2A) seemed to have given them the best games.

The wins against 3 of the 4 DISD schools are a bit misleading as Hillcrest is the only one who played them with a full roster and they won't make the playoffs. Skyline and Carter more/less played them with a JV roster and Samuell's best player was taking the SAT.

kepdawg
12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The wins against 3 of the 4 DISD schools are a bit misleading as Hillcrest is the only one who played them with a full roster and they won't make the playoffs. Skyline and Carter more/less played them with a JV roster and Samuell's best player was taking the SAT.

So is Princeton not that good? They beat all the DISD schools (with whoever they rolled out) by about 20. I think every other 4A school they have played have a winning record (not that any of them are basketball schools).

JR2004
12-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Princeton is good, but not that good. I'm still leaning towards Pittsburg or Roosevelt in Region II. Velt's win over Kimball was more impressive as Kimball has the most talented team top to bottom in DISD this year.

kepdawg
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Princeton is good, but not that good. I'm still leaning towards Pittsburg or Roosevelt in Region II. Velt's win over Kimball was more impressive as Kimball has the most talented team top to bottom in DISD this year.

What's up with McNeil the couple of times I've checked the box score he didn't have many points?

CelinaCatFan
12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
I went to the game last night. Yes, Princeton is THAT good. Check out their ranking. They have only lost one game. I expect to see them in Austin in March. Our district is very tough. Besides Princeton, we face Frisco Wakeland (another top 10 3A team).

As for last night's game, none of the players that played for Celina will be on the varsity team this year (after the football players switch gears to basketball).

JR2004
12-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What's up with McNeil the couple of times I've checked the box score he didn't have many points?

Velt has a ten man rotation so there will be some games where he's not going to show up with big numbers. It's a great strategy because they'll be able to wear most teams down with the constant substitutions of the 1st and 2nd units. However when they need McNeil and Solomon to play big minutes they do. They combined for 52 of the 92 points against Kimball (McNeil with 32 and Solomon with 20.) in the triple OT win...

bigdaddy
12-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Celina doesn't take anything on the chin but FOOTBALL is king here and alot of the Varsity basketball players are still focused and plauing Football I think for State this week so don't fool yourself the basketball team will have a big boost next week when the real Team is on the court.

Bobcat_Mom
12-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Aren't they ranked #3?

It is kind of hard to play bb with most of the guys still in football.

I felt bad the boys to get beat that badly.