PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best Offseason program...

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Why?

kaorder1999
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
nobody knows because an offseaosn program isn't displayed on Friday nights like a football game is.

NDFootball
12-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Having played at Wylie I will say that the offseason program is A+. You are challenged every day to push yourself to new limits, physically and mentally.

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
nobody knows because an offseaosn program isn't displayed on Friday nights like a football game is.

I think your offseason program is exposed on Friday nights. You can also look at improvements in the lower grades. The LH freshmen team does not always dominate, but our JV usually does. I think that is a sign of a good offseason program. You also look at how much quicker and stronger the kids are getting.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
oh dear lord here come all the threads like this

who has the best this, or best that

All it does is turn into a homerfest

What is next? who has the best jocksniffers?

Ranger Mom
12-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

LOL!!:clap: :clap:

You can certainly tell that football season is winding down!!:)

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 05:32 PM

Is it just me or does everyone read Txb's posts in their mind and mimmick his radio voice?? If you do that then he is just golden everytime he posts something!!!!! :D :D :D

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Having played at Wylie I will say that the offseason program is A+. You are challenged every day to push yourself to new limits, physically and mentally.

I think the mental training is just as important as the physical stuff. Does Wylie run a boot camp style offseason?

NDFootball
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I think the mental training is just as important as the physical stuff. Does Wylie run a boot camp style offseason?

What do you mean by boot camp?

MN95
12-20-2007, 05:35 PM
our boys typically wear sneakers, but I'm going to mention boots to the coaches. Not a bad idea. Works for the Marines.

BuffyMars
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
TxB knows not to ask for my critiques on his broadcasting......broadcaster Terry.......oh crap......its time to go. nevermind.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
When I played we had the best offseason program

The lockerrooms were mined...If you slowed down in the weightroom u was taken out and beaten

During spring ball we had to practice with artillery going off on the field, and snipers perched above..man that toughens u up

NDFootball
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM

The lockerrooms were mined...If you slowed down in the weightroom u was taken out and beaten

During spring ball we had to practice with artillery going off on the field, and snipers perched above..man that toughens u up

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Is it just me or does everyone read Txb's posts in their mind and mimmick his radio voice?? If you do that then he is just golden everytime he posts something!!!!! :D :D :D

So, it's just me then? :crazy1: :crazy1:

WylieBulldog92
12-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Don't forget the mines on the sidelines so you don't run out to get away from contact ;)

NDFootball
12-20-2007, 05:41 PM

No...the coaches just know their stuff :thumbsup:

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I would describe boot camp as

Military training. Push the kids to the limit and put a lot of stress on discipline. Building mental toughness as well as physical toughness. So when fatigue/stress set in and reflexes take over, the body will still perform at the same level.

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Military training. Push the kids to the limit and put a lot of stress on discipline. Building mental toughness as well as physical toughness. So when fatigue/stress set in and reflexes take over, the body will still perform at the same level.

Now that I think about it, that doesn't sound like much fun. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Don't forget the mines on the sidelines so you don't run out to get away from contact ;)

No the mines on sideline were outlawed by UIL because we had mines in the lockeroom already

We just used zombies on the sidelines

WylieBulldog92
12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
No the mines on sideline were outlawed by UIL because we had mines in the lockeroom already

We just used zombies on the sidelines
I believe we broke some rules then :D

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I would describe our offseason as bootcamp like running panther said. I think Wimberly and a few other schools have it too. Its said to be one of the hardest offseason there is in Texas.

rundoe
12-20-2007, 08:56 PM

He's just kidding, Ours is top secret.

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
He's just kidding, Ours is top secret.

actually its a she :) and yes it is, but im sure most everyones offseason program isnt too different than ours

g$$
12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
I think your offseason program is exposed on Friday nights. You can also look at improvements in the lower grades. The LH freshmen team does not always dominate, but our JV usually does. I think that is a sign of a good offseason program. You also look at how much quicker and stronger the kids are getting.

Agreed.

A school's offseason program is the foundation for everything you do & want to accomplish. Friday nights reveal it too. And multiple sport guys usually flourish in other sports too based on their improvements getting bigger/faster/stronger as athletes.

BossHog09
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Apparently, Liberty Hill and the winner of Celina/China Springs obviously have the best offseasons :) :) :)

Adidas410s
12-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I believe we broke some rules then :D
knowing what we do about Wylie...I'm not surprised!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

runthequarter
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Briles when he was at Stephenville