PDA

View Full Version : Interesting realignment perspective!

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I cut and pasted this off the old coach website. Somebody with the Sig. ycrt. Ironically it was his first post, but he has some interesting things to say. Here it is.....

The UIL web site has a copy of the policies they will be following in realignment. Important notes:

Item 4: 5A school count should be between 220 and 245. 2A-4A should have at least 200 schools each with a 2:1 ratio between largest and smallest (I assume this excludes the elevated schools' enrollments).

Breithaupt has said that they will do "everything we can to have at least six schools in a district" (though for scheduling purposes, a 5-team district is much better than a 4-team district, because you can play week 0 through week 5, then have your bye in district play). That means that 3A will have to come close to that 200 count, which means that the 2:1 ratio will have to be stretched a little for 3A. Add to that the fact that there are at least 13 new 4A/5A schools (La Joya Carter, La Joya Juarez-Lincoln, Pearland Dawson,
Houston Cypress Woods, League City Clear Springs, Humble Kingwood Park, San Antonio Ladybird Johnson, San Antonio Brandeis, Frisco Liberty
Spring Dekaney, Mansfield Legacy, Fort Bend Travis, and Dallas Conrad), plus at least two 3A schools that are all but guaranteed to move to 4A (Frisco Wakeland and Royse City), and my guess is that the 3A/4A cutoff will move the most, to around 1050, and the 2A/3A cutoff will be around 450, which is a 2.333:1 ratio. The 4A/5A cutoff should be around 2025.

Item 6: Requests to be elevated for travel hardship or to remain with other district schools (minimum 8 schools) will be allowed.

This means that the Laredo and Eagle Pass schools can stay in 5A, and Anthony and Tornillo can stay in 3A. If the 3A/4A cutoff is around 1050, then it's very possible that Clint Horizon, Clint Mountain View and Fabens can stay in 3A and make a six-team district 1, and eliminate the bye in district 2 (3A-2 could be Fort Stockton, Monahans, Pecos, Midland Greenwood, Seminole, and possibly Lamesa, with Presidio for basketball).

Just my ramblings.....

Johnny Utah
12-20-2007, 12:14 PM
3a will have the most trouble. You might have schools in the same district with a low number of 550, and some with high numbers of 1050. That is a HUGE difference and may cause some coaches to look for other employment opportunities. JMO.

WOS87
12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I was just doing some research on the realignment last night. For some historical perspective here are the cutoffs over many of the realignments of the past....

The ratio of the largest to smallest schools in the 3rd largest classification hasn't been less than 2 since the early 1960's.

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/realignmenthx.gif

trojan37
12-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Celina won't have a problem, they beat schools that big already.

themsu97
12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
somehow Manvel is left off of the list of new 4A schools for next year... we will definitely be a 4A

alaskacat
12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

I think they only had 429 this year also

sahen
12-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
somehow Manvel is left off of the list of new 4A schools for next year... we will definitely be a 4A

also left off the new Baytown school Baytown Memorial....

STANG RED
12-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

Celina has a great program and everybody knows it. But it's the all too often and typical posts like this that makes most of us yurn for the day that somebody just thumps the snot out of them.
Just shut up already!!!:mad:

Adidas410s
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Celina has a great program and everybody knows it. But it's the all too often and typical posts like this that makes most of us yurn for the day that somebody just thumps the snot out of them.
he lives in West ;)

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
he lives in West ;)

he is just a bandwagoner because Celina humiliated them 41-0:eek:

Dogman_1969
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat

Is that counting the 85 man scholarship limit they get from the metroplex?

Just kiddin, Celina has a great program but 429 seems low to me.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
TOC shows 476 for the new alignment.

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 01:59 PM
LHPM, your sig is more than five lines of text:p
:evillol:

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LHPM, your sig is more than five lines of text:p
:evillol:
:p More than 5 is okay as long as it's not more than 6. :devil:

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:p More than 5 is okay as long as it's not more than 6. :devil:

Add some gold LHPM :) :) :)

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
oh i see. well i like my slimed down version better now anyways lol short and sweet:kiss:

lynx_rufus
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Funny, how the double standard works on the 3ADL.
Unrelenting, attacks against Celina.
Celina is not the problem.
Knuckle headed jealousy is the problem.

Yet, I have been giving it a rest as LibertyHillPantherMom suggested.
On this note I will shut my mouth again.
Unless of course the Celina kids do what I think they will on Saturday.

:p

kepdawg
12-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Funny, how the double standard works on the 3ADL.
Unrelenting, attacks against Celina.
Celina is not the problem.
Knuckle headed jealousy is the problem.

Yet, I have been giving it a rest as LibertyHillPantherMom suggested.
On this note I will shut my mouth again.
Unless of course the Celina kids do what I think they will on Saturday.

:p

And the original comment wasn't even made by someone from Celina!

That's the way it usually goes around here though!

3afan
12-20-2007, 02:51 PM
where is Goose Creek HS? Baytown? one of the Killeen ISD coaches resigned recently to take that job

NastySlot
12-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
where is Goose Creek HS? Baytown? one of the Killeen ISD coaches resigned recently to take that job

yes it is baytown and the coach was at killeen school...he is also a hill country boy.