PDA

View Full Version : My first post and .......

catgut
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Main thing is just to see if it's working okay for me.

My school is 4A now but I have no doubt we'll be 3A after the reclassifications come out.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
So good to see a fellow East Texan..Welcome

Emerson1
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Main thing is just to see if it's working okay for me.

My school is 4A now but I have no doubt we'll be 3A after the reclassifications come out.
Even if they aren't, the 4a site sucks, post here.

Fal44
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
welcome :D.. greatest board out on the web...

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the board. We aren't all crazy like it may seem.

catgut
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't guess I ever found the 4A site. I've looked in at this one several times and finally decided to join.

catgut
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I notice this one is called 3A football discussion, is there one for basketball also or you just use this one for all the major sports?

CHSfan
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I notice this one is called 3A football discussion, is there one for basketball also or you just use this one for all the major sports?

i think basketball is a major sport!!

catgut
12-19-2007, 09:46 PM
So do I! I just meant is basketball discussed in here or is there a 3A basketball discussion?

sinton66
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
We do all of them here.

CHSfan
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
So do I! I just meant is basketball discussed in here or is there a 3A basketball discussion?

haha we need to just make one of our own!! lol :D

catgut
12-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks...I thought you probably did but didn't want to go wrong right off the bat *lol*

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 02:46 AM
welcome paris native.

How are the french fries there? :p

kepdawg
12-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
welcome paris native.

How are the french fries there? :p

I think the french fries must be good and the linemen are eating a whole bunch of them!

The Paris offensive line is huge!

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I think the french fries must be good and the linemen are eating a whole bunch of them!

The Paris offensive line is huge! that's where stephen good is from, right? I heard he was banged up this year.

Can someone hook me up with some facts on paris?

Colors?
Mascot?
offensive/defensive type?
etc.?

Old Green
12-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Welcome to the board Catgut:clap:

catgut
12-20-2007, 07:15 AM
that's where stephen good is from, right? I heard he was banged up this year.

Yes, he had shoulder surgery during the off season and only got to play the last two games of the year. He's still planning on signing with OU dangit.

We had an awful season this year. We were picked by everyone to finish in top two in district and didn't win a district game. We had so many key injuries and the coach ended up dismissing about 10 or 12 players from the team because of discipiline problems.

We're the wildcats, our colors are blue (navy) and white. We ran out of spread last couple of years but after our disappointing season not sure what will happen next year.

charlesrixey
12-20-2007, 08:07 AM
good to see more east texans coming!

charlesrixey
12-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
We do all of them here.

that's right, the whole mess all in one place!

:p

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Yes, he had shoulder surgery during the off season and only got to play the last two games of the year. He's still planning on signing with OU dangit.

We had an awful season this year. We were picked by everyone to finish in top two in district and didn't win a district game. We had so many key injuries and the coach ended up dismissing about 10 or 12 players from the team because of discipiline problems.

We're the wildcats, our colors are blue (navy) and white. We ran out of spread last couple of years but after our disappointing season not sure what will happen next year.
Welcome! And whatever you do, ignore Go Blue. He's full of it. :D

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Welcome! And whatever you do, ignore Go Blue. He's full of it. :D

ignore her too;)

and watch out, this board is highly addictive.

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
PARIS!!!! Welcome to the board.

i don't now if your old enough to remember this but I witnessed what I still think is the greatest comeback in the history of football by the Paris Wildcats in Texas stadium. I don't remember the year but it was in the mid 90's I think.

What 3A district is likely to inherit the Wildcats?

Maroon87
12-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Even if they aren't, the 4a site sucks, post here.

It's true there are far fewer posters on the 4A site, but there's also far less whining and bellyaching over there too.

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Welcome! And whatever you do, ignore Go Blue. He's full of it. :D Hey i posted some good serious questions :p

Ranger Mom
12-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It's true there are far fewer posters on the 4A site, but there's also far less whining and bellyaching over there too.

The 4A site is a great site.....they aren't nearly as high strung over there as we downlowers are!!:D :D

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The 4A site is a great site.....they aren't nearly as high strung over there as we downlowers are!!:D :D

You know how it is Ranger Mom. Being in 3A is kind of like being the Middle Child:hairpunk:

Ranger Mom
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
You know how it is Ranger Mom. Being in 3A is kind of like being the Middle Child:hairpunk:

I wonder how many football sites have the number of "women" on the board that this one does???

I know some of our "ejected posters" say that is what is wrong with this board!!!:hand:

:p :p :p

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I wonder how many football sites have the number of "women" on the board that this one does???

I know some of our "ejected posters" say that is what is wrong with this board!!!:hand:

ROFL! It'd be pretty boring around here without our shannigans, IMO!

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 12:36 PM

That, among other things that don't bear repeating. :devil:

Boo-hoo :bigcry: :bigcry:

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
your all ejected!

Ranger Mom
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL! It'd be pretty boring around here without our shannigans, IMO!

No joke...I think we are a blast!!!

There was that one day when it was only me and LHPM that could get on here...we had fun all by ourselves that day!!:D :D

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Key word there is "ejected poster". Since most of our moderators are women, that's the easiest knee jerk reaction.

I think you gals give this board a broad veriety of perspectives. :thumbsup:

Call me a suck up if you want:D I'll admit it:)

Ranger Mom
12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Key word there is "ejected poster". Since most of our moderators are women, that's the easiest knee jerk reaction.

I think you gals give this board a broad veriety of perspectives. :thumbsup:

Call me a suck up if you want:D I'll admit it:)

Was "broad variety" a play on words??

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
No joke...I think we are a blast!!!

There was that one day when it was only me and LHPM that could get on here...we had fun all by ourselves that day!!:D :D

Oh dear....LOL

It was fun for awhile, but I did miss some of the guys.

catgut
12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
PARIS!!!! Welcome to the board.

i don't now if your old enough to remember this but I witnessed what I still think is the greatest comeback in the history of football by the Paris Wildcats in Texas stadium. I don't remember the year but it was in the mid 90's I think.

What 3A district is likely to inherit the Wildcats?

I'm not sure which direction we will go. We're kind of away from either one so we could go toward some of the east texas teams or might go toward Bonham, Commerce, and back that way.

I remember when they played in Texas Stadium back when we had good teams. You may be thinking of the Denison game in the state semi finals. We won that one and went on to beat West Orange Stark in finals. I think that was in 1988.

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure which direction we will go. We're kind of away from either one so we could go toward some of the east texas teams or might go toward Bonham, Commerce, and back that way.

I remember when they played in Texas Stadium back when we had good teams. You may be thinking of the Denison game in the state semi finals. We won that one and went on to beat West Orange Stark in finals. I think that was in 1988.

I don't remember the team, but I don't think it was Denison. I do remember the other team scoring about four TD in the final five minutes while recovering three or four onside kicks in a row. They took the lead with about 6 sec. left. After giving up something like a 28+/- point lead in the final five or six minutes. Paris ran the kickoff back for a TD with no time left on the clock to win the game. It was unbelievable. I don't know if it was the quater's or semi's.

piratebg
12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome to.......

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w58/Hardcorefreak_photos/Hardcore/tdlogo.gif

waterboy
12-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't remember the team, but I don't think it was Denison. I do remember the other team scoring about four TD in the final five minutes while recovering three or four onside kicks in a row. They took the lead with about 6 sec. left. After giving up something like a 28+/- point lead in the final five or six minutes. Paris ran the kickoff back for a TD with no time left on the clock to win the game. It was unbelievable. I don't know if it was the quater's or semi's.
I don't know but that sounds like the John Tyler / Plano East game of '94. Maybe you're confusing the two. Here is a youtube link to that game. Listen to the announcers, they are hilarious.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg&mode=related&search=

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I don't know but that sounds like the John Tyler / Plano East game of '94. Maybe you're confusing the two. Here is a youtube link to that game. Listen to the announcers, they are hilarious.

Waterboy, You just made me feel real silly because..................YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT:foul: I don't know why I thought that was Paris.

My apologies to our new friend from Paris. :thinking:

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Waterboy, You just made me feel real silly because..................YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT:foul: I don't know why I thought that was Paris.

My apologies to our new friend from Paris. :thinking:

Now I know where I was making the connection:thinking: Alan Wilson is a friend of mine and he was the coach at John Tyler during that game. Wilson was also the coach a Paris I beleive when they won the state championship if I'm not mistaken.:D

catgut
12-20-2007, 05:10 PM

Yes, I think he is talking about the JohnTyler game. We played in Texas Stadium a few times in the 80s but had no games like that. All of ours we won pretty easily.

catgut
12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Now I know where I was making the connection:thinking: Alan Wilson is a friend of mine and he was the coach at John Tyler during that game. Wilson was also the coach a Paris I beleive when they won the state championship if I'm not mistaken.:D

Yes, he left for John Tyler right after we won state. He's a heck of a coach and had some great assistants, especially coach Clapp.

waterboy
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
The last I heard, Alan Wilson was coaching at Dallas Carter. I think he's still there.

Anyway, welcome catgut! I like the handle!:evillol: :D

Oh, and Merry Christmas! I won't be back until after Christmas!:D

catgut
12-20-2007, 06:19 PM
The last I heard, Alan Wilson was coaching at Dallas Carter. I think he's still there.

Anyway, welcome catgut! I like the handle!:evillol: :D

Oh, and Merry Christmas! I won't be back until after Christmas!:D

He's still at Dallas Carter and does a great job every year. They just can't seem to get past those East Texas teams though.

zebrablue2
12-20-2007, 06:39 PM
your all ejected!

which just leaves go blue. but you know what-- I'll bet you could run this thing yourself.. Just like talking to yourself, bet you would have some great conversations-- with yourself that is, LOL.