PDA

View Full Version : What is all this CRAP between Celina and Liberty Hill ?????

Orange Defense
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Anyone care to explain???

As far as I can see CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Liberty Hill on a GREAT season!! AAA DIV 1 CHAMPS !!!!

Celina and LH are two very good teams and as for the discussion of who is better well you can spit in one hand and $%*& in the other and still not know who the best team is this year. We will never know who the better team is for the 07-08 year. Last year LH was better. It's all a part of history now.

I've lived in Celina all my life, have been to every Championship game we've played in and Lord willing I'll be at the rest of them. I sure do hate to see our name getting drug through the mud and looking like we are BAD winners!!! When you win, win with class. When you loose, loose with class. Some of the post on here by so called Celina people makes me kringe!!!! I'm hoping they are imposters trying to give the other teams board material.

We've been here many times before so IMO we need to act like it!!!!!!!

I'm sure to get slammed by some on this post but we've worked HARD to earn the respect of our opponents and I just hate to see it demolished.

FIRE AWAY!!!

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
LH owns Celina plain and simple. Celina better be lucky they don't have to play LH this year.

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
FIRE AWAY!!!

I just had a flashback to every time burnet44 posted!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2007, 04:14 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:16 PM
i personally really respect celina:)

Panther One
12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
What is all this CRAP between Celina and Liberty Hill ?????
It's simply the result of the Two State Champion system. Each state champion would like to believe that they are the best team in 3A, but with the current system, it's never proven on the field, so all you can do is argue about it.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:18 PM
LH would stomp Celina;)

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
It's simply the result of the Two State Champion system. Each state champion would like to believe that they are the best team in 3A, but with the current system, it's never proven on the field, so all you can do is argue about it.
I agree, but there didn't seem to be all this last year about LE & LH. :thinking: :thinking:

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I agree, but there didn't seem to be all this last year about LE & LH. :thinking: :thinking:

i was thinking the exact same thing earlier today..but its because there is no history between LE and LH. :devil:

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I agree, but there didn't seem to be all this last year about LE & LH. :thinking: :thinking: Imagine that ..... :thinking:

Runnin Panther
12-19-2007, 04:30 PM

As far as I can see CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Liberty Hill on a GREAT season!! AAA DIV 1 CHAMPS !!!!

Celina and LH are two very good teams and as for the discussion of who is better well you can spit in one hand and $%*& in the other and still not know who the best team is this year. We will never know who the better team is for the 07-08 year. Last year LH was better. It's all a part of history now.

I've lived in Celina all my life, have been to every Championship game we've played in and Lord willing I'll be at the rest of them. I sure do hate to see our name getting drug through the mud and looking like we are BAD winners!!! When you win, win with class. When you loose, loose with class. Some of the post on here by so called Celina people makes me kringe!!!! I'm hoping they are imposters trying to give the other teams board material.

I'm sure to get slammed by some on this post but we've worked HARD to earn the respect of our opponents and I just hate to see it demolished.

FIRE AWAY!!!

Good post.

I have great respect for Celina and think they have one of the best programs in the state. I suggest LH and Celina suit up for one more week and settle this thing once and for all.

JR2004
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I sure do hate to see our name getting drug through the mud and looking like we are BAD winners!!! When you win, win with class. When you loose, loose with class. Some of the post on here by so called Celina people makes me kringe!!!! I'm hoping they are imposters trying to give the other teams board material.

They aren't imposters...They're mostly the new Celina fans who have their head shoved pretty far up their you know what.

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm not that serious most of the time, but for this week there is one unique item that last season did not have.

Undefeated teams and then the unique China Spring who has defeated every team they have played.

There was only one undefeated team rolling into the championship weeks last season.

This year there is one undefeated DI champion, one undefeated DII Semi-final champion and one DII Semi-final champion that was victorious against all adversaries.

Not to mention Waco LaVega that also defeated every team they played, but got dinged in a rematch during the play-offs.

There are just several very good teams and as of this week, eventhough, Liberty Hill can bask in the glow of the early DI championship.

And its unfortunate, but all these teams will not get to line up and play each other.

So, there is nothing anyone can do to change opinions.

JR2004
12-19-2007, 04:48 PM

I wonder why that might be... :thinking: :thinking:

Oh I know...L-E fans didn't spend their every waking hour talking about their greatness and then being completely confused and bewildered as to why so few people like them or want to see them do anything good. I have a hunch that just might be why LHPM. :)

Runnin Panther
12-19-2007, 05:02 PM

I think it’s because there were no undefeated teams last year and more importunately two of the last three teams standing right now played each other for the DII title last year. Celina hasn’t gotten over the loss (can’t blame them I would probably feel the same way).

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Anyone care to explain??? . . . FIRE AWAY!!!
I'm not firing away, but I will explain a little.

My brother-in-law showed me this sight last year and he and I have been following the posts for the last two seasons.

He participated and has now unregistered because it is just too addictive.

From the start of last season, I mean for Celina fans, they generally were disrespected from the get go. Because we were a 2A program. But, wow, guess what that little 2A program made it to the championship game. Lost by three legitimate points and that was that.

Now that the team we pull for is back in the championship game for the second straight season, we are crowing a little bit. And it really is just a bit of sour grapes from the long timers on the 3ADL that you are seeing.

Still have not won the big one yet, but it could happen.

None of this is bulletin board material because no coaches nor players are posting.

Stick around for a few seasons it is ultimately all for fun and noone but a few (Aggies :p) take it very seriously.

I like many of the Liberty Hill posters, Super_R, Daddy D 11, rundoe and several others. Don't know if they like me a whole lot, but again it is all for fun. Its just tongue waggling by fans. Just like at the games.

We got spirit yes we do! We got spirit how about you?

Oh yeah, one more thing, if we want to blame anyone for making Celina despised around the state, we can blame Butch Ford; not us orange Kool-aid drinkers. :D

sinton66
12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
I'm not that serious most of the time, but for this week there is one unique item that last season did not have.

Undefeated teams and then the unique China Spring who has defeated every team they have played.

There was only one undefeated team rolling into the championship weeks last season.

This year there is one undefeated DI champion, one undefeated DII Semi-final champion and one DII Semi-final champion that was victorious against all adversaries.

Not to mention Waco LaVega that also defeated every team they played, but got dinged in a rematch during the play-offs.

There are just several very good teams and as of this week, eventhough, Liberty Hill can bask in the glow of the early DI championship.

And its unfortunate, but all these teams will not get to line up and play each other.

So, there is nothing anyone can do to change opinions.

I didn't know China Spring forfeited a game.

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I didn't know China Spring forfeited a game.
Did not mean to imply they did. If I actually did that? ;)

Panther One
12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
If both would have been preseason favorites that finished as undefeated champs, you would have seen more of this last year.

MN95
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM

FIRE AWAY!!!

I agree with you.

MN95
12-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
They aren't imposters...They're mostly the new Celina fans who have their head shoved pretty far up their you know what.

This is the second post in 2 days, disparaging the
"new" Celina fans, of which I am one, as this is my 4th football season as a resident.

Please be more specific on what qualifies for new versus old and which Celina fans have performed this amazing anatomical feat.

Thanks.

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
If both would have been preseason favorites that finished as undefeated champs, you would have seen more of this last year. It shouldn't really matter whether or not someone is undefeated or favored, IMO of course. I don't think we would have seen anything like this from either LE or LH last year. I think both were pleased as punch to win and could care less about who was the better of the two!

Just my opinion.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MN95
"new" Celina fans, of which I am one, as this is my 4th football season as a resident.

Please be more specific on what qualifies for new versus old and which Celina fans have performed this amazing anatomical feat.

Thanks. If you know you aren't one then i'm pretty sure he isn't talking to you ;)

MN95
12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
LH owns Celina plain and simple. Celina better be lucky they don't have to play LH this year.

Strongly disagree with this post. Pretty close game last year and I expect it would be pretty close this year.

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM

Thanks.
Don't take JR2004 or Go Blue too seriously. They have that made this amazing feat an art form.

You've heard the terms "JR2004 Show" and "Go Blue Show"? LOL

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Strongly disagree with this post. Pretty close game last year and I expect it would be pretty close this year. I believe LH/Celina met for the first time ever last year, correct? Well LH is 1-0 vs. Celina so technically they own them. ;)

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Strongly disagree with this post. Pretty close game last year and I expect it would be pretty close this year. It was a close game last year and for all we know it could have been a close one this year, but we'll never know.

I vastly underestimated LH's defense. No way did I think they'd hold Gilmer's offense to just 6 points and they proved me & all the Gilmer fans WRONG!!!

Their defense is one of the best I've seen in a long time. :clap: Kudos to those boys & that staff.

We can all sit here and talk each other to death as to why the other thinks one team would win over the other, but it's pretty silly since it'll never happen!!

sinton66
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Did not mean to imply they did. If I actually did that? ;)

China Spring who has defeated every team they have played.

If they defeated every team they played, they must have forfeited one.

txkmom
12-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It shouldn't really matter whether or not someone is undefeated or favored, IMO of course. I don't think we would have seen anything like this from either LE or LH last year. I think both were pleased as punch to win and could care less about who was the better of the two!

Just my opinion.

Being from LE, we did discuss what it would mean if we had the opportunity to meet LH last year, and how we would match up - from a coach/player's family, what else would you expect? However, we lived on the championship high all through Christmas, content to enjoy ours, while they enjoyed theirs. Let it be if you can't be decent. A good debate is one thing, but the rest is worthless bovine scatology.

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
They actually lost quite handily.

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
No it does not mean that, it means they played that team twice and beat them.

China Spring has beaten every team they played this season. Its a fact.

Rocket Dad
12-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Our guys played them all this year. Here is my opinion .... If all 3 teams played perfect games, LH is a plus 3 over Celina and Celina is a plus 6 over China Spring (played them in our district). We lost to Celina by 13, China by 6, and LH by 28. Don't be shocked if China Spring upsets Celina this week ... just a feeling of a team on a roll theory. Good luck to both. By the way, look back at my prediction in the LH vs. Gilmer game. I had it 38-20 LH, not bad.

Panther One
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
They actually lost quite handily.
But then beat them in the playoffs, so they have beaten every team that they played.

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
But then beat them in the playoffs, so they have beaten every team that they played.
:doh: :doh: Now I get it.

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 06:04 PM
OK, Panther One goes on my "like 'em" list. :kiss:

kepdawg
12-19-2007, 06:15 PM

FIRE AWAY!!!

And that folks is old school Celina!

I think some are getting confused thinking old school/new school is strictly a reference to time. It is more a reference to attitude.

I have never lived in Celina and quite possibly never will. I was originally introduced to Celina football through friends met on the internet. Since our introduction I have become a fan of Celina football because of those relationships. Celina was presented as a first class organization that knew how to handle success with humility. I know it is not fair to judge all by the actions of a few, but it does cloud one's judgment when the few are so loud. It is up to each person to choose how they represent themselves and their town.

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Well I do not know what the ruckus is about concerning LH. They have my respect and admiration. They sound a lot like us and play a lot like us. To me we compliment each other because we think the same way.
Prepare hard in the off season. Play hard in the season. Win in championship season. And if you lose come back and do better next time.

Go LH Go Celina.....

MN95
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I believe LH/Celina met for the first time ever last year, correct? Well LH is 1-0 vs. Celina so technically they own them. ;)

I doubt most people would agree you, but I've read enough of your posts to know that's the way you like it.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I doubt most people would agree you, but I've read enough of your posts to know that's the way you like it. That was all truth I posted.

zebrablue2
12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
And that folks is old school Celina!

I think some are getting confused thinking old school/new school is strictly a reference to time. It is more a reference to attitude.

I have never lived in Celina and quite possibly never will. I was originally introduced to Celina football through friends met on the internet. Since our introduction I have become a fan of Celina football because of those relationships. Celina was presented as a first class organization that knew how to handle success with humility. I know it is not fair to judge all by the actions of a few, but it does cloud one's judgment when the few are so loud. It is up to each person to choose how they represent themselves and their town.

and it happens in all towns, LOL. each town has their group who make the others look the way they do, the loud mouths I am speaking of. if only those loud mouths knew how silly they looked and sounded, they would quiet down-- I think.

What do you think Go Blue????

trojan37
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
You're going to say after one matchup, one stinkin game, which LH only one by a field goal at the end of the game, that they own Celina? Absolutely ridiculous.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
and it happens in all towns, LOL. each town has their group who make the others look the way they do, the loud mouths I am speaking of. if only those loud mouths knew how silly they looked and sounded, they would quiet down-- I think.

What do you think Go Blue???? I kind of do a statewide thing. I don't really care much about Rockdale. Just find some posters who brag and talk about their team being the best and blah blah blah and just kinda say the opposite of what they think.