PDA

View Full Version : All-State Breakdown

Panther One
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Here's a little breakdown of the All-State Selections. If you would like to see it broken down other than what I have here, just let me know. This is total selections, not total players, since some guys were on offense and defense. Kind of interesting...

By Team:

Snyder 9
Sweetwater 8
Vernon 8
Celina 7
Clyde 5
Rio Hondo 5
Royse City 5
Argyle 4
Cuero 4
Lytle 4
Navasota 4
Pittsburg 4
Athens 3
Gilmer 3
Gonzales 3
Graham 3
Palacios 3
Texarkana Pleasant Grove 3
West Orange-Stark 3
Bridgeport 2
Bullard 2
China Spring 2
Crockett 2
Fairfield 2
Kennedale 2
La Vega 2
Liberty Hill 2
Lyford 2
Mabank 2
Madisonville 2
Mineola 2
Monahans 2
Pal Westwood 2
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 2
Whitesboro 2
Andrews 1
Brownsboro 1
Burkburnett 1
Caldwell 1
Clint 1
Dallas Roosevelt 1
Fort Stockton 1
Giddings 1
Glen Rose 1
Hidalgo 1
La Grange 1
Levelland 1
Pleasanton 1
Port Isabel 1
Poteet 1
Rockdale 1
Tyler Chapel Hill 1
Van 1
Wills Point 1

By Region:

Region I (35 schools): 46
Region II (49 schools): 43
Region III (51 schools): 25
Region IV (39 schools): 25

By District:
D1: 4
D2: *
D3: 10
D4: 1
D5: 0
D6: 12
D7: 13
D8: 6

D9: 9
D10: 6
D11: 1
D12: 3
D13: 2
D14: 8
D15: 5
D16: 9

D17: 4
D18: 3
D19: 6
D20: 2
D21: 3
D22: 0
D23: 7
D24: 0

D25: 0
D26: 0
D27: 5
D28: 0
D29: 10
D30: 0
D31: 2
D32: 7

Texasfootball2
12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
District 7 had more than any other district in the state and not one was from the district champion Ab. Wylie:D Not trying to make a big deal out of it because it happens every year, but I just thought that was interesting:thinking:

3afan
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
i think a similar breakdown of the papers the voters work for would tell the story ...

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
District 7 had more than any other district in the state and not one was from the district champion Ab. Wylie:D Not trying to make a big deal out of it because it happens every year, but I just thought that was interesting:thinking:

Michigan always has more talent than Ohio St. yet OSU
has beaten Michigan like four straight times. You beginning to
see the similarities between them and Sweetwater and Wylie?:thinking: :D

Texasfootball2
12-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think a similar breakdown of the papers the voters work for would tell the story ...

The only reason I would question your statement is because, the main reporters that would have been voteing on the district 7 players are the reporters for the ABILENE Reporter News. You would think that ABILENE Wylie would get some consideratiton, but:thinking: who knows. There are always well deserving players that get the votes and some who are just as deserving that don't get any votes. Just thought is was odd the Clyde had 5 and Sweetwater had 8???? I know that there are a lot of Sweetwater people who post and I'm sure they may have a different opinion, but I don't even think there were 8 of Sweetwaters players who would have started at Wylie this year. Maybe 2 DB, 1 LB, 1 RB, and 1OL.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't even think there were 8 of Sweetwaters players who would have started at Wylie this year. Maybe 2 DB, 1 LB, 1 RB, and 1OL.

:dispntd:

3afan
12-19-2007, 04:13 PM
The only reason I would question your statement is because, the main reporters that would have been voteing on the district 7 players are the reporters for the ABILENE Reporter News. You would think that ABILENE Wylie would get some consideratiton, but:thinking: who knows. There are always well deserving players that get the votes and some who are just as deserving that don't get any votes. Just thought is was odd the Clyde had 5 and Sweetwater had 8???? I know that there are a lot of Sweetwater people who post and I'm sure they may have a different opinion, but I don't even think there were 8 of Sweetwaters players who would have started at Wylie this year. Maybe 2 DB, 1 LB, 1 RB, and 1OL.

yeah who know why the Reporter News "doesn't care" ... but then again, maybe no Wylie players were nominated

Texasfootball2
12-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey Red, don't get flustered. Because it realy isn't that big of a deal. Maybe we will agree on this though. With Sweetwater, Clyde, and Wylie all having some good players, they best football player in the district was probably not from any of these schools. The Vick kid from Breckenridge was a good of a player as anybody and didn't have near as much help. If anybody from our district deserve to get statewide recongnition, he certainly did. Again man, you know I'm not a Mustang hater, I'm glad for your kids. I was just making some comments on how irrelevant polls are.

Panther One
12-19-2007, 04:27 PM
One could also make the argument that when you have multiple solid players on your offense or defense, the stats are distributed more evenly than on a team with one or two guys making all the plays. I think that is what happened to LH. On offense, we have three backs splitting the yards. On defense, we had numerous players making tackles this year, so statistically, perhaps we didn't have anybody that stood out to the sports editors.

Some coaches are generous with the stats, too. In LH, pancake blocks are extremely hard to earn. You almost have to decleat the guy and put him on his back to get one. Then you look at the All-State stats and some guy has like 62 or something. That might be like four in LH. The same goes for tackles. Some coaches are generous as to who all is credited with the tackle. You jump on a pile, you get a tackle. What it boils down to is that some coaches make their players earn their stats and some give them out like holiday candy to try to get recognition for their players.

Texasfootball2
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
One could also make the argument that when you have multiple solid players on your offense or defense, the stats are distributed more evenly than on a team with one or two guys making all the plays. I think that is what happened to LH. On offense, we have three backs splitting the yards. On defense, we had numerous players making tackles this year, so statistically, perhaps we didn't have anybody that stood out to the sports editors.

Some coaches are generous with the stats, too. In LH, pancake blocks are extremely hard to earn. You almost have to decleat the guy and put him on his back to get one. Then you look at the All-State stats and some guy has like 62 or something. That might be like four in LH. The same goes for tackles. Some coaches are generous as to who all is credited with the tackle. You jump on a pile, you get a tackle. What it boils down to is that some coaches make their players earn their stats and some give them out like holiday candy to try to get recognition for their players.

I'll Amen that Panther One:clap: :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Nah, that's not it.:thinking:

I just think Sweetwater always has more individual talent and
Wylie has more overall talent.:devil:

Throw me a bone here. I'm grasping at straws trying to defend
Sweetwater having more selections than Wylie.:D

NDFootball
12-19-2007, 05:02 PM

Well there goes Clyde's excuse about how Wylie gets the favorable treatment from local media because they are actually in Abilene and "it's Wylie"...

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
In LH, pancake blocks are extremely hard to earn. You almost have to decleat the guy and put him on his back to get one.
That's no joke! The "most" to one O-line was one pancake and one key block. One other lineman earned one pancake.

Decleated - yep. :D

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
What it boils down to is that some coaches make their players earn their stats and some give them out like holiday candy to try to get recognition for their players.

ITA :clap:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
What a shock!! with less schools, Reg 1 had more selections than everyone else. Thats crazy since everyone knows that reg 1 is the weakest reg in the state. :confused:

coach
12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
who were the two that made all state for fairfield

Panther One
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
What a shock!! with less schools, Reg 1 had more selections than everyone else. Thats crazy since everyone knows that reg 1 is the weakest reg in the state. :confused:
Snyder = 9
Liberty Hill + Giddings + WOS + China Spring + La Vega = 10

So Snyder has one less All-Stater than the five top 10 teams out of Region III? Right...

Stownhorse
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Clyde had 5 and Sweetwater had 8???? I know that there are a lot of Sweetwater people who post and I'm sure they may have a different opinion, but I don't even think there were 8 of Sweetwaters players who would have started at Wylie this year. Maybe 2 DB, 1 LB, 1 RB, and 1OL.

Im a Wylie fan as of late but if thats not cocky idk what is. Im pretty sure that all the 8 selected from Sweetwater were honorable mentions.

Emerson1
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Sweetwater is slow

NDFootball
12-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Im a Wylie fan as of late but if thats not cocky idk what is. Im pretty sure that all the 8 selected from Sweetwater were honorable mentions.

Trust me there are not many people down here that think that way...

trojan37
12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by coach
who were the two that made all state for fairfield

RB Gavin Bass, and their punter although I can't remember his name. He had a 45.6 yd per punt average I think.

lakers
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Congrats to Clyde for being well represented...

eagle40
12-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
RB Gavin Bass, and their punter although I can't remember his name. He had a 45.6 yd per punt average I think.

the punter's name is nick baker, he actually averaged 46.5 ;)

congrats to those eagles

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Sweetwater is slow

Haha I was really inclined to say "your mom" but I decided that wouldn't be very nice.