PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill sure is lucky...

kepdawg
12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
...they didn't have to play 1983 Daingerfield! :)

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 02:46 PM
or is 83 daingerfield lucky they didn't have to play LH? It all depends on who ya ask :p

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
LH wouldn't score on Daingerfield '83

:devil:

sinton66
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
How many wing-t's did Daingerfield face that season? EVERYBODY thinks they can stop the wing-t until they play a GOOD one.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
83 daingerfield was sick:eek: i have my doubts about if we could pull it out

Panther One
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
83 daingerfield was sick:eek: i have my doubts about if we could pull it out
I think we might be able to beat them, but I don't think it's a good comparison. Strength and conditioning programs have changed the game significantly. Pure athleticism used to allow you to dominate less athletic teams. Today, strength and conditioning programs have leveled the playing field. If you took LH's group of kids and put them on the field in 1983 against Daingerfield without the years they spent in our offseason program, I don't think they'd stand a chance. Heck, without our offseason program, we probably wouldn't have stood a chance against Gilmer.

You can credit our offense and our defense, but much of our success stems from the offseason program and how hard the kids work. That's why you'll see LH have average freshmen teams, and then that same group will go undefeated (or lose one) on JV and then dominate on varsity. When it comes to practices and offseason, you'd be hard pressed to find a harder working group of guys from top to bottom.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I think we might be able to beat them, but I don't think it's a good comparison. Strength and conditioning programs have changed the game significantly. Pure athleticism used to allow you to dominate less athletic teams. Today, strength and conditioning programs have leveled the playing field. If you took LH's group of kids and put them on the field in 1983 against Daingerfield without the years they spent in our offseason program, I don't think they'd stand a chance. Heck, without our offseason program, we probably wouldn't have stood a chance against Gilmer.

You can credit our offense and our defense, but much of our success stems from the offseason program and how hard the kids work. That's why you'll see LH have average freshmen teams, and then that same group will go undefeated (or lose one) on JV and then dominate on varsity. When it comes to practices and offseason, you'd be hard pressed to find a harder working group of guys from top to bottom.

true. and also, our coaches are second to none. they are amazing :clap:

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I heard that they had 5 people go to the NFL off of that team. IMO it's no contest and Daingerfield wins.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
youtube 83 daingerfield and tell me if we have a chance. IMO we dont:(

buff4ever
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
or is 83 daingerfield lucky they didn't have to play LH? It all depends on who ya ask :p

Hey, this thread is stupid, but that picture under your name would be a better of the month than your current of the month. But I think we been through this already, RIGHT. IS IT JANUARY YET.

IVANKA IS NOT WORTHY!
:D :D :D :D

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:32 PM
britney spears lil sister is much better:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
britney spears lil sister is much better:thumbsup: she's also illegal for us older folk

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
for me also go blue:(

waterboy
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
If you didn't see that '83 Daingerfield Tiger defense you missed something special. That was the best defense I've ever seen at any level. They didn't just beat opponents, they pulverized them. A couple of stats to ponder:

Points for - 632
Points against - 8
The defense didn't give up a single point all year. A safety (4A Kilgore) and a special teams TD on a fake punt (4A semifinalist Carthage) were the only scores against that team.

Shutouts - 14 (13 in a row from the 4th game of the season all the way through the state championship game)

I believe they held 12 opponents to negative rushing yards. I believe only 2 (maybe 3) opponents had over 100 total yards, with the most yards being 188 (Gilmer). I believe there were 9 opponents held to 50 total yards or less.

3afan
12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s9owTM9SyH0

3afan
12-19-2007, 06:50 PM
I think we might be able to beat them......

uuhhmmmm, NO

:crazy:

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
How many wing-t's did Daingerfield face that season? EVERYBODY thinks they can stop the wing-t until they play a GOOD one.

This part has me baffled, there is probably 5 teams in Alaska that run the wing-T, and yes you break one once in awhile. There they pinch it inside and collapse the center and hit all 4 possible ball carriers...and has proven to be no big deal after you play it a couple of times.

I'm sure if Celina got another shot , you would see what I mean, now that they have seen it run by LH.

You can fool some of the people some of the time , but can fool no one all the time.

Hill Man
12-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
This part has me baffled, there is probably 5 teams in Alaska that run the wing-T, and yes you break one once in awhile. There they pinch it inside and collapse the center and hit all 4 possible ball carriers...and has proven to be no big deal after you play it a couple of times.

I'm sure if Celina got another shot , you would see what I mean, now that they have seen it run by LH.

You can fool some of the people some of the time , but can fool no one all the time.

LH does not run the wing-T, it is the Slot-T.. it is different
Celina tried everything.. including putting 11 in the box..
It hasn't been stopped in 24 games...

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
LH does not run the wing-T, it is the Slot-T.. it is different
Celina tried everything.. including putting 11 in the box..
It hasn't been stopped in 24 games...

It will be, seems a couple of them figured it out last year, and the more it is seen the more answers will be developed to defense it.

It is just like the spread when afew started running it. It took some time to sort it out defensively.

or the Wishbone and its variations...

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
It will be, seems a couple of them figured it out last year, and the more it is seen the more answers will be developed to defense it.

It is just like the spread when afew started running it. It took some time to sort it out defensively.

or the Wishbone and its variations... The only way to stop LH's offense is to outscore it ;)

Hill Man
12-19-2007, 07:53 PM
The only way to stop LH's offense is to outscore it ;)

Not against this year's D.... Next year........maybe

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 08:23 PM
teams have been seeing it for 7 years now, and no one has truely shut it down, sooooo :thinking:

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Anything can be contained, maybe not shut down. BEnd but dont break, and make fewer mistakes.

for example LH averages 3 turnovers a game...if you can capitalize on those, and contain the offense and it can be can be contained...that is all I am saying.

If it was totally unstoppable, you would think more would run it .

It has been around for a long time.

Just like the old single wing, if they brought it back now in its true form it would drive people nuts, it is pure power with a mix of misdirection...but the spread is just a version of that offense.

But in time all things are solvable.

sinton66
12-19-2007, 08:59 PM
The only way to stop LH's offense is to outscore it ;)

Not neccessarily true. The wing-t can be stopped, ask Everman about the 2001 'ship. ;)

Panther One
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Liberty Hill's recent success has just as much to do with the guys running the offense as it does the scheme. There are numerous other teams running it and you don't see them with state titles. Yeah, you can stop any offense, but if you have the right players in a particular offense, it will be tough for anyone to stop. alaskacat makes it sound like stopping our offense is a piece of cake, yet no one does it. If there was an easy solution to stopping it, word would have gotten around by now because I know of one coach in particular that has been searching four years for advice. The problem is that all the tried and true ways to stop the slot-T haven't worked against us. This offense has been around long enough that if there were a full proof solution, it would have been discovered. The best way...have a better defense than our offense.

You can try to hit us in the mouth, but you won't have much success. Our offense is more aggressive than any defense we face. They like hitting. Celina stacked the line, fired through gaps and manned up on our backs. It seems like a good idea until the guy manned up on one of the backs doesn't do his job. Then it's a big play, of which we had several against the 10-1. I don't think Celina would defend us much differently the next time around unless they deviate from the rules built into their defense.

The defensive coaches we play against aren't idiots. There have been several with solid gameplans. They just don't work. Part of the reason is because there are false keys and other elements built into the offense which counters just about anything a team can do. The other part is because our players are pretty good. The system gets a lot of credit, but were not winning state with a bunch of scrubs. Our guys can play. Some coaches will say that the slot-T is a gimmick offense that you can't win state with. We have two titles that prove otherwise.

sinton66
12-19-2007, 09:55 PM
For a small fee, I could help those DC's out.;) (Of course, Debbie would probably clobber me.:D )

bobcat1
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Then it's a big play, of which we had several against the 10-1.
Several is 4 which was enough. 4 mistakes or over runs. Stay home don't bite.

Snydertigersrul
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
...they didn't have to play 1983 Daingerfield! :)

THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PLAY CELINA THIS YEAR.

:D

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Not neccessarily true. The wing-t can be stopped, ask Everman about the 2001 'ship. ;) Good thing LH don't run the wing t ;)

charlesrixey
12-20-2007, 08:24 AM
why is everyone so excited about the wing t?

Celina won 68 games in a row pounding down the field and throwing some well-timed passes

oh, and using the 10-1 on defense

nobody talks about their offense though?

charlesrixey
12-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
why is everyone so excited about the wing t?

Celina won 68 games in a row pounding down the field and throwing some well-timed passes

oh, and using the 10-1 on defense

nobody talks about their offense though?

?

mrescape43
12-20-2007, 09:39 AM
The way Celina looked against Snyder, I believe they were using the 15-1 defense. It is hard to believe that just 11 guys could do all that damage! :D :D

Who were some of the players on the dangerfield team from 83?

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
The way Celina looked against Snyder, I believe they were using the 15-1 defense. It is hard to believe that just 11 guys could do all that damage! :D :D

Who were some of the players on the dangerfield team from 83?

im not sure about their names, ive heard them before. but youtube the 83 dangerfield and watch the video, its amazing.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
? :bigcry: :bigcry:

charlesrixey
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
:devil:

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Panther One is correct. Any offense can be unstoppable if you have great players executing their jobs perfectly. Why would anyone run an offense that is unsound when it is being perfectly executed? The reason LH offense has not been stopped in the last 4 years is because we have good players doing their jobs well. If we come up against a defense that can whip our O-line then we will be stopped, but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s not Rocket Science, seems pretty simple.

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Panther One is correct. Any offense can be unstoppable if you have great players executing their jobs perfectly. Why would anyone run an offense that is unsound when it is being perfectly executed? The reason LH offense has not been stopped in the last 4 years is because we have good players doing their jobs well. If we come up against a defense that can whip our O-line then we will be stopped, but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s not Rocket Science, seems pretty simple.

Sorry, I'm a fan of Liberty Hill, but I gotta point out that there have been teams that have stopped/slowed yall down in the past 4 years!!

2003: Burnet 45 LH 21; Port Isabel 35 LH 27
2004: Burnet 28 LH 27; Wimberley 19 LH 14; Jasper 35 LH 27
2005: Burnet 63 LH 35; Wimberley 23 LH 9; Cuero 42 LH 14
2006: Cuero 31 LH 27; Wimberley 48 LH 44

Still not a bad showing. I'd take 2 state championships and a couple of losses in the process!! :thumbsup:

Silverback 04
12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry, I'm a fan of Liberty Hill, but I gotta point out that there have been teams that have stopped/slowed yall down in the past 4 years!!

Still not a bad showing. I'd take 2 state championships and a couple of losses in the process!! :thumbsup:

It looks as if you just listed the losses. Since when is 44 points being slowed down/stopped. I'll agree with the 9 and 14's, but most teams would take 27-44 points any day and consider it a success. Although maybe 44 is slowed/stopped if the other guy scores 45.

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Where is Daingerfield

waterboy
12-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bigworm
Where is Daingerfield
On US Hwy 259 about 30 miles north of Longview in East Texas.

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
It looks as if you just listed the losses. Since when is 44 points being slowed down/stopped. I'll agree with the 9 and 14's, but most teams would take 27-44 points any day and consider it a success. Although maybe 44 is slowed/stopped if the other guy scores 45. Why would I list the wins? She said ya'll hadn't been stopped. Usually when the other team wins at some point they stopped yall. 1 pt, 4 pts don't matter. A stop is a stop and I'm saying all of this as a fan of your team.

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM

I would say if you score more than 21 points the offense has not been stopped. If you score 21 points and still lose then the defense did not hold the other team. So I guess that means we have been stopped 3 times since 2003. Not bad for a 5 year span.

pirate4state
12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I would say if you score more than 21 points the offense has not been stopped. If you score 21 points and still lose then the defense did not hold the other team. So I guess that means we have been stopped 3 times since 2003. Not bad for a 5 year span. Fair enough, but I hope you understood what I was trying to point out and that you didn't miss the fact that I also said I'd take it! :doh:

catdaddy
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM
The bottom line is that it all boils down to carrying out your assignment and beating the the guy lined up across from you no matter what the offense/defense.

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
The bottom line is that it all boils down to carrying out your assignment and beating the the guy lined up across from you no matter what the offense/defense. With that said the 83 daingerfield wins 28-7.

Silverback 04
12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Why would I list the wins? She said ya'll hadn't been stopped. Usually when the other team wins at some point they stopped yall. 1 pt, 4 pts don't matter. A stop is a stop and I'm saying all of this as a fan of your team.

Your point wasn't lost on me, I was merely trying to differentiate between being stopped/slowed down versus scoring 44 points and losing. I was at the Wimberley game last year and I'm not sure we ever punted, which if we had would've signified a stop. It was more a case of them getting the ball last and scoring, thereby, stopping/slowing us down, I guess. Either way thanks for being a fan.

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Fair enough, but I hope you understood what I was trying to point out and that you didn't miss the fact that I also said I'd take it! :doh:

I got ya, it all good.

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
On US Hwy 259 about 30 miles north of Longview in East Texas.

From L'view, it's 30 to the steel plant, more like 40 to the school/stadium.

Speaking of that once-great steel plant (Lone Star Steel, now a subsidiary of US Steel), what's sad about Daingerfield is that it is practically a ghost town compared to 1983. That's why it's in 2A.

The Tigers had Gilmer's number for a LONG time until the Buckeyes finally got that monkey off their backs in bi-district 2003 to the tune of 43-0.

The Tigers of old were like Liberty Hill now. They rarely ever needed to pass.

catdaddy
12-20-2007, 04:34 PM
With that said the 83 daingerfield wins 28-7.

I wonder how many of those guys are fat and bald now?
(not that there's anything wrong with that):D

http://hallert.net/images/soccer_archery.jpg