PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor an alternate for the pro bowl

Highschoolfan78
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I am a huge Jags fan. So my opinion towards the pro bowl and Fred Taylor is that he deserves a spot. The last few games he has exploded, putting up ridiculous rushing numbers. Earlier in the season Jones-Drew and him split carries a little more, hurting his stats. (though they are all team players) His average per carry is better than all 3 (Parker,Tomlinson, and Addai) Granted, he does not get many carries in the red zone, which is why his TD numbers aren't quite as high. He usually has to break away to score. (which he's done the past few weeks) Am I wrong in saying he deserves a spot? Or am I just being a regionally confused homer?

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
His problem is that he plays in the AFC...

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
4 touchdowns doesn't help your pro bowl balloting either.

themsu97
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
how many Jags made the Pro Bowl?

It is a joke... some of the players make it on rep(Jason Taylor) and some because they are a name... very few get the recognition they deserve

Highschoolfan78
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
how many Jags made the Pro Bowl?

It is a joke... some of the players make it on rep(Jason Taylor) and some because they are a name... very few get the recognition they deserve

For the 2nd time in Jags history, none made the pro bowl. 10-4 Jags... Sad..

Highschoolfan78
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
4 touchdowns doesn't help your pro bowl balloting either.

Yeah, like I said above.. They rarely give Fred the ball in the red zone. They use Greg Jones, Jones-Drew, and short receiving routes usually. So that doesn't help. I still think he is posting pro bowl quality numbers. If he didn't have a few rough seasons earning him the name Fragile Freddy, who knows what type of career numbers he'd have right now.

3afan
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Fred Taylor - maybe the quietest Hall of Famer ever ....

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Personally, if the Jags got jipped, I think Garrard should have been in more than any of them.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Personally, if the Jags got jipped, I think Garrard should have been in more than any of them.

Agreed and congrats to him for making the Jags fans ask the
question "Byron Leftwich who?".

g$$
12-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Jags got jobbed. Solid, physical team.

Fred Taylor over Joseph Addai this year for me. Taylor has over 10,000 career yds. & never been to Pro Bowl. Wow.

football4life
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
big fred taylor fan, love his style. sorry to see he didn't make it, and the "make it on rep" situation is tough, i was just really glad to see that roy williams didn't make it this year, and i'm a huge 'boys fan. he hasn't deserved it the past couple seasons.

catgut
12-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Garrard had a great year as did Derek Anderson but don't think you can put either of them ahead of Brady or Manning this year. They both had better seasons than Ben R though.

Highschoolfan78
12-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Garrard had a great year as did Derek Anderson but don't think you can put either of them ahead of Brady or Manning this year. They both had better seasons than Ben R though.

Garrad's only 2 INT's is remarkable. Though just viewing his stats does not justify what you see when watching the game of how he manages the offense and makes tremendous decisions and plays when necessary. I'm still upset about Fred though.. Its just hard to let go...I hope he has 2 200yd rushing games in the final weeks to justify this. And props to the guy who said "Leftwitch who?" lol