PDA

View Full Version : Celina's Lynn not sold on Penn State

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I heard that he's going to take a visit to Tech in the near future...

trojan37
12-19-2007, 11:44 AM
A lot of the big twelve teams have gone to the passing game this year, as well as in the past. I would like to see him stay in Texas and shut down those #@!* OU receivers.

kepdawg
12-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Just curious did you hear:

1. He's not sold on Penn State

2. He's taking a visit to Tech

3. Both

It doesn't surprise me that he would take a visit to Tech since that's where dad played.

And he certainly wouldn't be the first player to visit a school after verbally committing to another school.

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Just curious did you hear:

1. He's not sold on Penn State

2. He's taking a visit to Tech

3. Both

It doesn't surprise me that he would take a visit to Tech since that's where dad played.

And he certainly wouldn't be the first player to visit a school after verbally committing to another school.

both...

I wonder if he will look at Baylor as well. Brian Norwood just joined their staff...before he was the safeties coach at Penn State so I'm guessing he probably recruited Lynn.

sahen
12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
both...

I wonder if he will look at Baylor as well. Brian Norwood just joined their staff...before he was the safeties coach at Penn State so I'm guessing he probably recruited Lynn.

Norwood is our new Defensive Coordinator now...I havent heard of Lynn looking at Baylor, we will see what happens...

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I may be wrong but aren't you limited by number of official
visits? He's already visited PSU, OU, and Florida.

http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3146050#video

mwynn05
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3146050#video I think you have 5 but i could be wrong

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3146050#video
I thought you could take 5. Wouldn't be surprised if he looks into OU as well since it was supposed to be between PSU and OU.

themsu97
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
you can have as many "Unofficial" visits as you want

marler1972
12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
How did you hear this?

MN95
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
My son told me there was an OU coach at one of our practices last week.

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
How did you hear this?
sources with better connections than me...and there is an article on Texas Tech's rivals.com page about it...but you have to be a member to read the article.

marler1972
12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
ok just wonder cause I just spoke with his mom a about an hour ago.

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
By Joe Miegoc
Record Sports Writer
December 18, 2007
While Penn State prepares for its meeting with Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29, its search for future Nittany Lions continues.

Penn State has 17 scholarships to offer and already has 12 verbal commitments. There is a chance they could have six more to offer if D'Anton Lynn, a safety from Celina, Texas, de-commits in the wake of Brian Norwood, who recruited Lynn, leaving Penn State to become Baylor's defensive coordinator. Whether it's five or six scholarships left to offer, the Nittany Lions are still involved with 21 players across the country.

The most recognizable player on that list is quarterback Terrell Pryor, who lead Jeannette to the Class AA title in Hershey on Saturday.

Pryor, Rivals.com's top-rated recruit, recently added Penn State nemesis Michigan to his list after Rich Rodriguez took the Wolverines' head coaching job. Rodriguez, who runs the same wide-open offense Pryor played in at Jeannette, was recruiting Pryor at West Virginia.

"Add Michigan to my list," Pryor told Rivals.com on Sunday. "Rich Rod is headed to Michigan. He's excited and so was I. Michigan was on my early list and now they're right up there again. He's a great coach and I like his offense."

Last week Pryor dropped Tennessee from his list when he was informed that quarterbacks coach David Cutcliffe was taking the Duke job. He also has eliminated West Virginia.

"Ohio State is in there, Florida is in there and Penn State is in there, but now Oregon is in the mix and now Michigan so a lot has changed," Pryor said. "Tennessee and West Virginia are now out."

The Nittany Lions could benefit from Michigan's extended coaching search, which began when Lloyd Carr announced his intentions to retire after the Wolverines' bowl game.

Detroit cornerback Boubacar Cissoko, a four-star prospect according to Rivals.com, was Michigan's first commitment for the 2008 class, but has admitted he was looking around after Carr stepped down. Even with Rodriguez in the fold, Cissoko is keeping his options open.

"Coach Rodriguez obviously is a good coach," Cissoko told Blue-White Illustrated on Monday. "I have not received a call from him yet, but I'm going to see what he's talking about and go from there. I'm not going to make a decision until I talk to the man and see what he's about. I'm keeping my options open, but I'm just looking at Michigan and Penn State right now."

That doesn't mean it's a certainty he'll de-commit from Michigan.

"I'm committed to Michigan, but I still have consideration for Penn State," Cissoko said.

Cissoko will make an official visit to Penn State on Jan. 11.

Virginia Beach wide receiver Randall Dunn didn't appear on the national recruiting scene until this season, but the 6-foot-3, 215-pounder has a busy six weeks ahead of him.

He was scheduled to visit Penn State this past weekend, but the bad weather cancelled those plans. Dunn plans to reschedule, but has visits set up for North Carolina on Jan. 11, Virginia Tech on Jan. 18 and Virginia on Jan. 25.

The three-star prospect, who before this season had only played in five games in high school, added offers from Penn State and North Carolina recently. A big reason was his senior season in which he caught 36 passes for 880 yards and 15 touchdowns.

"They just offered me in the last weekend," Dunn told HokieHaven.com. "Both are pretty big offers and definitely make my decision that much harder, especially when I thought it was getting easy. I like the fact UNC is definitely a program on the rise, while Penn State has so much tradition."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/SPORTS/712180307

Phil C
12-19-2007, 05:31 PM
I hope he goes to Texas Tech. If the west texas players would go there then the rise of Texas Tech to a big football power would be inevitable. Then you would also have a better attraction for players in New Mexico and Western Oklahoma. If that happens I would expect TT to have ten plus win seasons. But they must not lose West Texas players to other places.

bobcat1
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
5 official visits is correct. As many unofficial as you want.

g$$
12-19-2007, 07:59 PM
5 Official Visits (school pays for meals, lodging, tickets, spending $$, etc.); recruit's travel expenses can be paid too. If flying, only recruit's airfare can be paid & parents on own. Gas is different if riding in same car.

&

Unlimited Unofficial Visits (school does not pay but can provide game tickets)