PDA

View Full Version : Go Blue's All-State List

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 11:19 AM
QB - Dustin Eskew(China Spring)
RB - Chris Whaley(Madisonville), Will Clay(Snyder)
FB - Doug Allman(Liberty Hill)
WR - Andrew Delgado(Lyford), Brady Brown(Argyle), Carlos Gallegos(Royse City)
OL - David Snow(Gilmer), Adam Thomas(Celina), Brack Wempa(Royse city), Tim Matherne(WO-S), Tyler Methivin(Vernon)

DL - MarlowePortier(Liberty Hill), Breck Holman(Celina), Alonzo Garza(Rio Hondo), Joseph Allsup(Lytle)
LB - Cody Lattimore(Liberty Hill), Alan Dock(Giddings), Alonzo Whaley(Madisonville)
DB - D'anton Lynn(Celina), Trey Rauscheck(Navasota), Mike Hicks(China Spring), Mark Farmer(Pittsburg)

Of course I had to put Will Clay second on the RB list because he is from Snyder.:rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
This is crap!

:D :D

Since I saw more games this year than you I would compile a list, but I'm not so good with names, their positions, etc....:p :smoker: :p :D

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This is crap!

:D :D

Since I saw more games this year than you I would compile a list, but I'm not so good with names, their positions, etc....:p :smoker: :p :D Your crap! :p :(

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Your crap! :p :(

Please stay on topic, we are discussing your list! :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Please stay on topic, we are discussing your list! :rolleyes: Okay, well I think this is a damn good list :)

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Okay, well I think this is a damn good list :)

Obviously you would think so - it's your list! :doh:

But it's still crap. And the other list is crap too.

Not saying the Lyford, Royse City, Argyle, etc kids aren't deserving, but how on earth do you even put them on YOUR list when you've never seen 'em play!! :confused:

I don't put much stock into these lists, but if you can call a list crap, then so can I. :D

3afan
12-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Your crap! :p :(

you're

:D

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 11:44 AM

Not saying the Lyford, Royse City, Argyle, etc kids aren't deserving, but how on earth do you even put them on YOUR list when you've never seen 'em play!! :confused:

I don't put much stock into these lists, but if you can call a list crap, then so can I. :D :D:clap: :p

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
you're

:D

:( LOL

NastySlot
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM
so is this just a list of the players you saw play?.......you leave players from all the state off the list.

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM

I don't put much stock into these lists, but if you can call a list crap, then so can I. :D

to be fair, none of the writers who voted for the teams saw all of the players play, just like not all of the AP voters watch all of the college games

i don't put much stock in these lists either, but it's just as likely casey saw as many of these players in person as those sportswriters

to be fair

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
to be fair, none of the writers who voted for the teams saw all of the players play, just like not all of the AP voters watch all of the college games

i don't put much stock in these lists either, but it's just as likely casey saw as many of these players in person as those sportswriters

to be fair

:doh: :doh: :doh:

EXACTLY!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-19-2007, 12:52 PM
LMAO man, who cares about your incorrect list.:D

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
good list go blue :clap: me being your lawyer and i all i aproved that post :p

kepdawg
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
The only list that should matter is Gsquared's because he has seen every team at least twice! :)

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I actually can agree with Go Blue. I have not personally seen many of these players play. But you have to look at several things if you have not actually seen a guy play (and even if you did, you might have caught him on a down day).

1. Statistics
2. Opponents
3. Opponents' defensive/offensive statistics
4. Performance of team as a result of player's play.

I would have had Eskew as the 1st teamer and the Royse City guy as second, but Fitzhenry would have received an honorable mention. I was upset that Portier, Lattimore and Dock were just flat out forgotten by the sports-writers.

That is why I think Go Blue has a good list built here. And remember, the best players overall get the Offensive/Defensive MVP awards already, so they are not on the teams or mentions.

How 'bout a second team, Go Blue?

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
goblue is a genius:clap: