PDA

View Full Version : Watched Old School last night.....

PPHSfan
02-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't see why everone was on this board a couple of months ago was saying this is the funniest movie they have ever seen.

First of all, before you start calling me old or say that I don't have a sense of humor, or that this particular humor just goes over my head, let me say this.

I am a pretty well rounded guy when in comes to humor. I enjoy everything from the slapstick of the Three Stooges, to the deep seeded politcal messages of the Simpsons, and Sponge Bob Square Pants. I enjoy the intelligent wit of the Monty Python guys, and I think Hank Hill is the greatest Texan I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. But this movie OLD SCHOOL was just STUPID.

Sure it had a nice little love story, and it had a few moments that were funny and made me laugh, but it was not the roll around in the floor for two hours comedy that I had been led to believe it was. Geez people, I have laughed more times in 90 minutes watching Fox News. If our younger generation thinks this is great comedy, then it is a sad sad world that we live in.

Matthew328
02-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Maybe my sense of humor is totally warped...I LOVE Old School.....LOL but I also like Dumb and Dumber...along with Happy Gilmore and Black Sheep....so you can see where my movie tastes lie...

Buccaneer
02-26-2004, 10:20 AM
PPHS, You are no longer my boy !

JasperDog94
02-26-2004, 10:29 AM
I hate to say it...but here goes: I'm with you PPHSfan. It was funny in parts, but if Will Ferrel wasn't in this movie, it would have been terrible. Will made this movie. I too like the Monty Python movies and skits, Dumb and Dumber (not the second one), Tommy Boy, but this one failed to live up to my expectations. frown

PPHSfan
02-26-2004, 11:35 AM
I didn't say the movie wasn't funny. I think Wil Farell had a few good parts in it, and I did laugh. I was just let down from the hype the movie got.

jason
02-26-2004, 12:01 PM
PPHSfan:
I don't see why everone was on this board a couple of months ago was saying this is the funniest movie they have ever seen.

First of all, before you start calling me old or say that I don't have a sense of humor, or that this particular humor just goes over my head, let me say this.

I am a pretty well rounded guy when in comes to humor. I enjoy everything from the slapstick of the Three Stooges, to the deep seeded politcal messages of the Simpsons, and Sponge Bob Square Pants. I enjoy the intelligent wit of the Monty Python guys, and I think Hank Hill is the greatest Texan I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. But this movie OLD SCHOOL was just STUPID.

Sure it had a nice little love story, and it had a few moments that were funny and made me laugh, but it was not the roll around in the floor for two hours comedy that I had been led to believe it was. Geez people, I have laughed more times in 90 minutes watching Fox News. If our younger generation thinks this is great comedy, then it is a sad sad world that we live in.im not gonna disagree with you....but wasnt the chick luke wilson hooked up with a hottie... :D and she is 21 in real life and on the cover of this months maxim...

Elisha Cuthbert (http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/html/girl_1038.html)

<small>[ February 26, 2004, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Bellville22
02-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Old School was not the funniest movie ever. But it was very funny.

PPHS: Spongebob is the s***!!! And gotta love the Simpsons too. Another show that's really funny, but only on Cartoon Network at night is Family Guy, histerical.

I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait for Starsky and Hutch to come out.

PPHSfan
02-26-2004, 12:43 PM
who is luke farrel ?

jason
02-26-2004, 01:04 PM
PPHSfan:
who is luke farrel ?i have that cool link in the post and all u see is my typo??? shame on you...

PPHSfan
02-26-2004, 01:25 PM
LOL

jason
02-26-2004, 03:09 PM
PPHSfan:
LOL:D :D ...i thought you'd get a kick out of that... :D :D

Ranger Mom
02-26-2004, 06:36 PM
I didn't think it was a very good movie either!!

PPHSfan
02-26-2004, 06:38 PM
This movie couldn't JUMP START Animal House. And Animal House was a silly movie too. :p

slpybear the bullfan
02-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Parts were funny, but it is not a comedy classic.

Old Tiger
02-26-2004, 09:09 PM
The funniest part is when the big black guy falls and the block is attatched to him.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Alright, Old School is funny in some aspects, but the funniest movie that I've seen has to be Super Troopers...that was the movie that made me roll around on the floor for 2 hours.

jason
02-26-2004, 09:51 PM
BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END:
Alright, Old School is funny in some aspects, but the funniest movie that I've seen has to be Super Troopers...that was the movie that made me roll around on the floor for 2 hours.a guy at work told me to buy that and i watched about thiry minutes of it and took it back..that has got to be the STUPIDEST movie of all time...i wish i could have that half hour of my life back...

Old Tiger
02-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Dude Where's My Car is the stupidest.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-26-2004, 10:06 PM
I thought that it was pretty funny....you have to watch it to appreciate it, and you may have to watch it several times to understand the humor more.

<small>[ February 26, 2004, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END ]</small>

Matthew328
02-27-2004, 08:37 AM
BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END:
Alright, Old School is funny in some aspects, but the funniest movie that I've seen has to be Super Troopers...that was the movie that made me roll around on the floor for 2 hours.The Snozberries taste like snozberries!!!
That part of Super Troopers had me on the floor!

Soleus
02-27-2004, 10:34 AM
I think Vince Vaughn was the guy that made the movie for Old School. He doesn't have to act stupid to be funny. He was also great in 'Swingers', 'Go', and 'Made'.