PDA

View Full Version : alaskacat

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 02:03 AM
how cold is it in nikiski right now?:)

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 02:19 AM
After consulting the weather Channel....

high of 8 with a low of -1

A heat wave:)

glad I'm in Oklahoma right now:) Going back on the 23rd of January to cover the Tustamena 200, and Yukon Quest Sled dog races.

the average winter temps in Nikiski is 20 during the winter. It is supposed to warm up later in the week

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Sports Brief
Nikiski hockey picks up 2 wins at Su Valley

The Nikiski hockey team took just six players to a pair of Greatland Hockey Conference games Friday and Saturday at Susitna Valley, but came out with a pair of wins.

On Friday, the Bulldogs cruised past the Rams 8-3. Matt Thompson scored four goals in the contest, while Jordan Harrison and Beau Calderwood each lit the lamp twice. Nikiski goalie Tyler Bethune faced 36 shots in picking up the victory.

On Saturday, Nikiski junior Jennifer Nickel picked up her first career goal, and then her first career hat trick. Calderwood also had a hat trick, while Matt Thompson added a goal. Bethune faced 27 shots in the contest in a 7-0 Bulldog effort.

We have a girl on the hockey team. She is our kicker on the football team:)

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Sports Brief
Nikiski hockey picks up 2 wins at Su Valley

The Nikiski hockey team took just six players to a pair of Greatland Hockey Conference games Friday and Saturday at Susitna Valley, but came out with a pair of wins.

On Friday, the Bulldogs cruised past the Rams 8-3. Matt Thompson scored four goals in the contest, while Jordan Harrison and Beau Calderwood each lit the lamp twice. Nikiski goalie Tyler Bethune faced 36 shots in picking up the victory.

On Saturday, Nikiski junior Jennifer Nickel picked up her first career goal, and then her first career hat trick. Calderwood also had a hat trick, while Matt Thompson added a goal. Bethune faced 27 shots in the contest in a 7-0 Bulldog effort.

We have a girl on the hockey team. She is our kicker on the football team:)

That's cool. We have a girl or two here who could kick em's some good field goals, yep! To bad they are too pretty to let em's get roughened up and all.:(
I was just curious about your claimed dwelling. Lots of people living in far off places, or fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan yet still finding time to post on the downlow.:)

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Jennifer is like 5'5 110 blond pretty as a picture, and she will kick your butt.

Her father is the football coach, and he has a fit when sometimes she just takes off with the ball..and gets blasted, and she gets right backup and does it again...she is also an all state basketball player.

You see the girls play with the boys up here on several teams...

One girl last year was 2nd in state in wrestling at like 105 I think.

nobogey72
12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Jennifer is like 5'5 110 blond pretty as a picture, and she will kick your butt.

Her father is the football coach, and he has a fit when sometimes she just takes off with the ball..and gets blasted, and she gets right backup and does it again...she is also an all state basketball player.

You see the girls play with the boys up here on several teams...

One girl last year was 2nd in state in wrestling at like 105 I think.

That's wierd! However, my wife was on the boys wrestling team at her high school. That is how we met. She and I had to wrestle each other in the finals of the district wresting matches. It was late in the match when our first child was conceived. The excitement and cheering of the crowd was a big factor. I won the match with a pin. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

nobogey72
12-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Alaskacat,

how cold is it in Oklahoma? and why are you IN Oklahoma?:confused: :confused: :thinking: :thinking:

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Its in the 40's, and my wife lives here

...until I go back north and freedom once again. :)

She used to live up there with me all the time but came back to help her mother, who is in poor health and 87..I just refuse to stay here in the summer. Nothing to do but sweat. In Alaska I am an avid fisherman and a photographer. I can't find anything in Oklahoma worth taking a picture of:)

nobogey72
12-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Its in the 40's, and my wife lives here

...until I go back north and freedom once again. :)

She used to live up there with me all the time but came back to help her mother, who is in poor health and 87..I just refuse to stay here in the summer. Nothing to do but sweat. In Alaska I am an avid fisherman and a photographer. I can't find anything in Oklahoma worth taking a picture of:)

I heard there were some pretty ponds up around Tulsa, you could take some pics of them. Or, you could stand on the border of Texas/Oklahoma and take pics of the OU recruiters making their daily trips to Texas. Or, follow the recruiters and see where they go,(probably Rockdale) and shoot some pics of them giving money to kids.:D