PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill is the best team in 3A...

Panther One
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
...according to the Massey Ratings. They've been updated for all the playoff games and yet again, the Panthers jumped ahead of Celina at the end after the Bobcats spent much of the year at number one. Of course, Celina can still claim the top spot with an impressive win over China Spring. They're a 12.3 point favorite (31.6-19.3 ), so they'll have to top that.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX

WylieBulldog92
12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
...according to the Massey Ratings. They've been updated for all the playoff games and yet again, the Panthers jumped ahead of Celina at the end after the Bobcats spent much of the year at number one. Of course, Celina can still claim the top spot with an impressive win over China Spring. They're a 12.3 point favorite (31.6-19.3 ), so they'll have to top that.

I'd have to agree :clap: :clap:

3afan
12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
"Liberty Hill is the best team in 3A ... according to the Massey Ratings."

whatever thats worth ...

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Ratings don't mean jack!

Liberty Hill 2007 D1 State Champions! :clap:

Celina? China Spring?

2007 D2 State Champions! :clap:

Panther One
12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
"Liberty Hill is the best team in 3A ... according to the Massey Ratings."

whatever thats worth ...
Until they get rid of the two champion system, it's all we've got.

block&tackle
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM

It is so close right now that if Celina win by 14 or more I think they will take back the lead.

If it were Celina and Liberty Hill playing this weekend, LH would be favored by .1 points - you can say what you want to about Massey but that is probably pretty accurate.

lynx_rufus
12-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I think Mr. Billy is gonna like this thread.

And . . . I am currently checking the other rating to see what it says.

3afan
12-18-2007, 11:11 PM

they'll both be champs - whats wrong with that?

WOS87
12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
According to the Massey Ratings, WO-S has the #1 rated defense....

:)

pirate4state
12-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they'll both be champs - whats wrong with that? absolutely nothing :dispntd:

runthequarter
12-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Liberty Hill is better than Celina. If they played it would be a close game but the Hill wins it 22-19. Thats the last time thay played so thats all you can say. I still think that this year Liberty Hill is better overall.

WylieBulldog92
12-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Liberty Hill is better than Celina. If they played it would be a close game but the Hill wins it 22-19. Thats the last time thay played so thats all you can say. I still think that this year Liberty Hill is better overall.
Can't really go against Liberty Hill at this point, they're the Pats of 3A.

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Liberty Hill/Celina talk gives me tired head! :(

lynx_rufus
12-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Liberty Hill/Celina talk gives me tired head! :(
Do you need me to balance it out with a little Liberty Hill/China Spring talk? :)

Panther One
12-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Do you need me to balance it out with a little Liberty Hill/China Spring talk? :)
How about it? If we would have gone Div II, we would have faced CS in round one. Who would have been one and done...CS or LH?

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 12:10 AM
How about it? If we would have gone Div II, we would have faced CS in round one. Who would have been one and done...CS or LH?
Liberty Hill would have rolled China Spring. They don't match up well at all. China Spring may have been able to score a few touchdowns, but Liberty Hill would have put up 42+ on those Cougars. Good luck though Cougars, I am pulling for you.:clap:

runthequarter
12-19-2007, 12:48 AM

China would have been playing basketball for 5 weeks now.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-19-2007, 12:52 AM
To me there should be 7 weeks of the playoffs, get done with your division then DI vs. DII.

That would be better, cause then u'd know who was #1 out of each classification or whatever.

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
China would have been playing basketball for 5 weeks now.

They should thank the football Gods for bringing the plague upon Hutto and Taylor.

bobcat74
12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
7 weeks?

How about cutting out teams that are 3-7 that make the playoffs.
That would help.

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
To me there should be 7 weeks of the playoffs, get done with your division then DI vs. DII.

That would be better, cause then u'd know who was #1 out of each classification or whatever.

How many times have we said that!? I wish I had a buck for each time I have either said that or heard that. So you ain't alone in your thinking, 325.

bobcat74
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
BTW Massey has Everman ranked below LH and Celina.

Just to keep all this in perspective. Thank god for playoffs.

Aesculus gilmus
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Slightly off-topic, but HOW in HADES is Royse City still ranked above Roosevelt?

Do they think 48-22 is just "getting lucky"?

Texasfootball2
12-19-2007, 09:33 AM

Interesting:thinking:

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 09:48 AM
it would have been deja vu. just like last year:)

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
the irony of it is that LH had to destroy top 3 or 4 Gilmer to just barely pass Celina

If Celina wins by 30, they will comfortably ahead

so tell me how this justifies anything?

how can you compare one team to another when one is still playing

if China Springs wins 45-14 and moves ahead of Liberty Hill by a big margin, will that prove China Spring is the best team in the state?

:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 09:53 AM
i agree rixey, ranking and stats dont really impress me much. all they are is suped up speculation

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
technically, celina can still move up even if they win by less than '12.3'

their strength of schedule rating is going to improve regardless, and that will definately factor into the calculations

since China Spring is #4 in the state now

just a thought

ps

Liberty Hill beat Cuero 49-35 in the regular season

China Springs beat Ceuro 37-14 in the state semifinals

maybe china spring isn't so bad, and/or maybe there isn't a very big gap between celina/liberty hill?

Runnin Panther
12-19-2007, 10:30 AM
China Springs is the luckiest team in 3A, they would have went out 1st round if Hutto had made the playoffs. Second luckiest team is Celina because they will probably be the D2 State Champs. Liberty Hill this year is about 10x’s better than last year’s team. LH would beat Celina or China Springs by 3 td’s. I would bet the farm on it.

Not being cocky just telling it like it is.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
nows thats going to stir some things up:eek:

RattlerDude
12-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
According to the Massey Ratings, WO-S has the #1 rated defense....

:)
What website do you go to for Massey Ratings?

Runnin Panther
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
nows thats going to stir some things up:eek:

Well, someone had to lay the facts out there. This way we can forgo 20 to 30 pages of speculation on this subject.

Panther One
12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
ps

Liberty Hill beat Cuero 49-35 in the regular season

China Springs beat Ceuro 37-14 in the state semifinals

maybe china spring isn't so bad, and/or maybe there isn't a very big gap between celina/liberty hill?

PS
Celina 19, Robinson 6
China Spring 31, Robinson 25
Liberty Hill 42, Robinson 14

Since Robinson played LH and CS three weeks apart, that's probably a better common opponent, considering 12 weeks passed between Cuero's matchup with LH and CS. I threw Celina in just because Robinson is the one common opponent of all three teams.

I think we're a more complete football team this year. We still have a dominant offense, but we had a defense to match it this year. And considering our 54-27 win over China Spring last year, I don't think they've closed that gap in a year. They also beat Rockdale by 3 in round one this year; the round they would have faced us.

NastySlot
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
PS
Celina 19, Robinson 6
China Spring 31, Robinson 25
Liberty Hill 42, Robinson 14

Since Robinson played LH and CS three weeks apart, that's probably a better common opponent, considering 12 weeks passed between Cuero's matchup with LH and CS. I threw Celina in just because Robinson is the one common opponent of all three teams.

I think we're a more complete football team this year. We still have a dominant offense, but we had a defense to match it this year. And considering our 54-27 win over China Spring last year, I don't think they've closed that gap in a year. They also beat Rockdale by 3 in round one this year; the round they would have faced us.

should take into account that this rating maybe rating teams at where they are now......for instance not sure but the celina/robinson gamemay have been early in the season...most teams get better as the year progresses......ratings and rankings are about as good as two division playoff system.

Panther One
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
the irony of it is that LH had to destroy top 3 or 4 Gilmer to just barely pass Celina
The playoff scores weren't updated after weeks two or four until this past week, so it's not just the win over Gilmer that's bumped us up. I'm sure our 41-14 win over #12 Carthage factored in, too.

Panther One
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
should take into account that this rating maybe rating teams at where they are now......for instance not sure but the celina/robinson gamemay have been early in the season...most teams get better as the year progresses......ratings and rankings are about as good as two division playoff system.
Celina and Robinson played in week one, so there were eleven weeks in between their games with Celina and LH. But if your using China's and LH's game against Cuero as a comparison, then you can't dismiss Celina's and LH's games against Robinson, since about the same timeframe passed between the matchups.

But honestly, comparing one common opponent is pretty useless anyway.

charlesrixey
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
The playoff scores weren't updated after weeks two or four until this past week, so it's not just the win over Gilmer that's bumped us up. I'm sure our 41-14 win over #12 Carthage factored in, too.

and?

the margin is small, regardless

celina is more than 10% better this year

LH fans seems to think that because they won on a last second field goal that that automatically discounts the bobcats this season

the bobcats are better, statistically and in their play, than they were last year

plus, they tend to play well when revenge is a factor

i don't think LH's offense is any better than last season; i think they just had an easier road to the title game (that win vs. Gilmer was certainly legit, though)

their defense is what has become more dependable; however, i think celina has improved on offense as well as defense, enough to close a last second field goal gap

plus, if they get a win over China Springs, LH fans won't be able to hold the massey ratings over their heads anyway

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 01:51 PM
who cares about the massey ratings, LH kids have 2 rings now. Celina kids on the present team only have 2 also, so lets call it even:) until saturday and then celina will have three :thinking:

kepdawg
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
who cares about the massey ratings, LH kids have 2 rings now. Celina kids on the present team only have 2 also, so lets call it even:) until saturday and then celina will have three :thinking:

Celina upperclassmen only have 1.

Runnin Panther
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
and?

the margin is small, regardless

celina is more than 10% better this year

LH fans seems to think that because they won on a last second field goal that that automatically discounts the bobcats this season

the bobcats are better, statistically and in their play, than they were last year

plus, they tend to play well when revenge is a factor

i don't think LH's offense is any better than last season; i think they just had an easier road to the title game (that win vs. Gilmer was certainly legit, though)

their defense is what has become more dependable; however, i think celina has improved on offense as well as defense, enough to close a last second field goal gap

plus, if they get a win over China Springs, LH fans won't be able to hold the massey ratings over their heads anyway

We should have beaten you guys by at least 17 last year. We dropped a touchdown to end the 1st half and I know for sure we fumbled at least once inside the red zone. Just consider yourself lucky that you don’t have to face LH this year.

firstcat
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM

And as of this moment...until Saturday night...we've got both!!!!

pirate4state
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/images/smilies/pullhair.gif http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/images/smilies/pullhair.gif http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/images/smilies/pullhair.gif

lynx_rufus
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Are you saying the 2007 3A Division I State Champion would have been out in the first round of the Division II bracket?

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

That Region 3 sure is tough. Toughest in the State. Way to go China Spring!!!

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
CS would have been done. They couldn't stop our run game.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
ya but rockdale was pretty good, so thats not saying too much. but yes i agree that LH would donkey stomp CS:)