PDA

View Full Version : Will Clay???

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't know if there id any truth to it but I keep on hearing that he's going to A&M?

Does anyone know?:confused:

trojan37
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Please say it isn't so! Why should such a talented athlete go to such a crap school. Hooke Em' Horns!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Please say it isn't so! Why should such a talented athlete go to such a crap school. Hooke Em' Horns!

haha, I don't care for A&M ither but if he goes there then it'll be fine cause it's about the education in the end.

trojan37
12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
That's true. I wish him luck anywhere he goes. Especially to get the opportunity to play DI football for a major school. Do you think he'll move to another position?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
That's true. I wish him luck anywhere he goes. Especially to get the opportunity to play DI football for a major school. Do you think he'll move to another position?

I don't think he will chage positions... he's a GREAT running back when people do their jobs and make their blocks.

Emerson1
12-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I don't think he will chage positions... he's a GREAT running back when people do their jobs and make their blocks.
Well I could be to if everyone did their job on every play.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well I could be to if everyone did their job on every play.

I should of worded that different, Will a a great running back and I dout he will change positions

shackina
12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
his uncle or cousin went to A&M in the 90's not that that has anything to do with anything just a fact I know.

cat_eyes76
12-19-2007, 02:22 AM
He is an outstanding player and I hope he does well off & on the field wherever he ends up going. A&M is an outstanding place to get an education - which is what is most important.

navscanmaster
12-19-2007, 02:48 AM
Maybe BBDE could take him under his wing. Maybe they could become friends, and BBDE could visit Snyder with Will and intimidate all of the Snyder posters.

Dunno why, just think it would be funny!

STANG RED
12-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I don't know if there id any truth to it but I keep on hearing that he's going to A&M?

Does anyone know?:confused:

Dont you go to school with him?:confused:

You too scared to talk to him?:devil:

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

thats funny. actually, he is a freshman and is seriously intimidated by him;) . true story....:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
considering that Rivals and Scout don't even have him on their website...I would be surprised for A&M to take a kid with "no rating"

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
considering that Rivals and Scout don't even have him on their website...I would be surprised for A&M to take a kid with "no rating" True he came on to late to even get in the big time recruiting process.

MN95
12-19-2007, 10:49 AM
I happened to be at a Christmas Party with one of our assistant coaches last Sunday evening. I asked him if Will was being recruited and he told me he was going to Hardin Simmons. For what it's worth.............

Of course, he has until February to change his mind if some bigger schools become interested.

trojan37
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Does anybody know his 40 time? Just curious.

DUKE22
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Does anybody know his 40 time? Just curious. I think he is about 4.6.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Does anybody know his 40 time? Just curious. Heard it was hand timed 4.57 or around that

Texasfootball2
12-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Heard it was hand timed 4.57 or around that

That would be one of the first 40 times I actually would believe. I've seen him play and he always seems to be a fast as he needs to be:D

GreenMonster
12-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Hooke Em' Horns! Stupid Wronghorn fans, don't even know how to Hook 'em anymore. TU will always be the Second University of Texas. They've been playing second fiddle ever since A&M opened it's doors in 1876.

trojan37
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I thought we were talking about Will Snyder here?

Black_Magic
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
The deal with Will is he is fast. Not the fastest outright sometimes but hard to tackle. 205 6'1" He is Just as fast with pads on as without so there is the difference. you stick pads on some and they slow down alot. Not him. he is about a 10.9 100 meter guy.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
The deal with Will is he is fast. Not the fastest outright sometimes but hard to tackle. 205 6'1" He is Just as fast with pads on as without so there is the difference. you stick pads on some and they slow down alot. Not him. he is about a 10.9 100 meter guy. Still a high 4.5 or 4.6 will not get you recruited by the big boys. He came on to late for big time recruitment anyways. He'll shine wherever he goes i'm sure.

Black_Magic
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Your right..... after thinking it over he is small time. he should pray for a Ju co offer... what is everyone thinking. Should have consulted you before choosing the all state team.;)

rangerjoe33
12-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Still a high 4.5 or 4.6 will not get you recruited by the big boys.
Sorry Blue but I have to disagree there. If you run a 4.5 - 4.6 and are a good back you will be recruited by the big schools.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Sorry Blue but I have to disagree there. If you run a 4.5 - 4.6 and are a good back you will be recruited by the big schools. No way. They want 4.4's and 4.3's if you are going big time d1.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Your right..... after thinking it over he is small time. he should pray for a Ju co offer... what is everyone thinking. Should have consulted you before choosing the all state team.;) I'm not meaning JuCo. Big time means schools like USC, Texas, A&M and etc. he could play at a school like Rice, Houston, or North texas for an example. He could also go to a school like App. State and make an imediate impact on the division 1 championship subdivision.

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Still a high 4.5 or 4.6 will not get you recruited by the big boys. He came on to late for big time recruitment anyways. He'll shine wherever he goes i'm sure.
What was Emmitt's 40 time again???

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What was Emmitt's 40 time again??? How long ago was Emmitt going to college?

Adidas410s
12-19-2007, 02:13 PM
How long ago was Emmitt going to college?

I'll help you out...

rangerjoe33
12-19-2007, 02:14 PM
No way. They want 4.4's and 4.3's if you are going big time d1.
Georgia and West Virginia are big time DI schools and they are currently recruiting 4.6 speed at RB, those 4.6 RB's are also rated in the top 25 in the Rivals list. Tennessee is also recruiting a 4.65 40 RB...he os only a three star recruit.

I am not trying to argue here, would they rather have a 4.4 or 4.3 guy...sure, but if you have the chance to get a good RB that happens to run a 4.5 or 4.6 are you going to let the competition get him? The key here is that they are a good back, not a blazer. Besides, get a 4.3 RB in the hole and see what happens when that ILB lights him up...he won't be a 4.3 RB for 4 years...he will end up playing slot WR or DB because he usually does not have the size or strength to endure that kind of punishment on a regular basis.

Black_Magic
12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Good lord!:doh: Go Blue. DI schools love 6'1" 205 that run a 4.5 or a sub 11 hundred meters. They kinda like 3100 yards rushing in one season that averages over 200 yards per game.... I would bet he gets a few DI offers.:rolleyes: To quote one of the snyder faithfull, SHEESH!!!!

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 02:24 PM
as i said earlier he got in the game to late. if he would have had better soph. and junior seasons then yes big time

STANG RED
12-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by MN95
I happened to be at a Christmas Party with one of our assistant coaches last Sunday evening. I asked him if Will was being recruited and he told me he was going to Hardin Simmons. For what it's worth.............

Surely he will get some better offers than Hardin Simmons. I've seen a lot lesser players than Will Clay get recruited by major D1s. I cant imagine that he wont get some better offers soon. Then again, maybe this is what he wants. It's his decision.

Curly
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe he will end up at Angelo State

Black_Magic
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
He already has several offers of virtualy every DI AA or DII ncaa school in Texas. Getting more attention every day. All state list may even fire things up even more. Heard Sam Houston wants him Really bad.

STANG RED
12-19-2007, 02:47 PM
He already has several offers of virtualy every DI AA or DII ncaa school in Texas. Getting more attention every day. All state list may even fire things up even more. Heard Sam Houston wants him Really bad.

So any truth to the A&M rumor at all?

How are his hands? Can he catch the ball well?

Black_Magic
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
So any truth to the A&M rumor at all?

How are his hands? Can he catch the ball well? cant verify the A&M deal or not but it would not suprise me if it has come up. His uncle or someone was a big player for them in the late early 90s or so and went on to play for the cowboys for a while. could be true. Gets a coach nearly every day come by TCU, Tech, Sam Houston, Tarlton, ASU, WT A&M, ACU and On and on then there is also calls too. he is getting alot of attention. 3100 yard has raised alot of eyebrows.

nobogey72
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
as i said earlier he got in the game to late. if he would have had better soph. and junior seasons then yes big time

Go Blue,

Explain to the rest of us what it is about your background that gives you (and only you) such vast knowlege of talent and recruiting.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Go Blue,

Explain to the rest of us what it is about your background that gives you (and only you) such vast knowlege of talent and recruiting.:confused: :confused: :confused: You don't have any knowledge to know that most big time colleges are finished or finishing up with their 2008 recruiting class. They are already planning for the 2009 class now too. Also as I said earlier if he would have had big soph. and junior year then yes he would be big time d1 runningback.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
college coaches also see so many different things in a kid than anyone else. that is why they are doing what they do. The first thing a coach is going to do is recognize the level of competition he is playing against. And it is region I 3A football, no offfense but we are talking about college footbal here. Also he might have no more upside, i have seen him run and he is a load of a runner. but is he going to grow? who knows.

nobogey72
12-19-2007, 04:32 PM
You don't have any knowledge to know that most big time colleges are finished or finishing up with their 2008 recruiting class. They are already planning for the 2009 class now too. Also as I said earlier if he would have had big soph. and junior year then yes he would be big time d1 runningback.

You very well may be right. But, you didn't answer my question.

And, BTW there Knute Rockne you might be surprised to know that most if not all of them hang on to at least 1 or 2 for surprises that might come their way----- changes of minds, unkept committments etc. Anyway------ answer the original question.

STANG RED
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
but is he going to grow? who knows.

Cant that be said of every kid coming out of high school?

Also, at 6'1" / 205 lbs. Why would he need to grow. Thats a very good size for D1 running back. Bigger than many I'm sure.

MN95
12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
I was very impressed with Will when they played us. He is obviously very good, hard to tackle even when we hit him low, and once he gets going, pretty fast for his size. I held my breath every time they gave it to him.

But.....this is just an observation and my opinion only, it seems like he is slow to get to the hole. He broke many tackles beyond the line of scrimmage, not many that I can remember when hit behind the line.

rangerjoe33
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM

No...this is what you said...

WylieBulldog92
12-19-2007, 05:52 PM
You don't have any knowledge to know that most big time colleges are finished or finishing up with their 2008 recruiting class. They are already planning for the 2009 class now too. Also as I said earlier if he would have had big soph. and junior year then yes he would be big time d1 runningback.
So you just called someone out, and said something completely dumb as well, if teams are near finished why are there very many recruits (highly touted I may say) out there, heck the #1 player hasn't even signed yet so don't even say they are close to finished, they aren't close to finished this year until signing day happens.

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
So you just called someone out, and said something completely dumb as well, if teams are near finished why are there very many recruits (highly touted I may say) out there, heck the #1 player hasn't even signed yet so don't even say they are close to finished, they aren't close to finished this year until signing day happens. Yea but that #1 recruit is on everyones radar. Those big schools have who they want already picked out beginning from when they are juniors and so forth. It is extremely hard to get on their radar if you don't have big soph. and junior seasons and get the invite to the junior day.

WylieBulldog92
12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Yea but that #1 recruit is on everyones radar. Those big schools have who they want already picked out beginning from when they are juniors and so forth. It is extremely hard to get on their radar if you don't have big soph. and junior seasons and get the invite to the junior day.
So you're saying a player with one of the most (or the most IDK) rushing yards and TD's in Texas wont pop up on D I radar's in Texas?

WylieBulldog92
12-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
college coaches also see so many different things in a kid than anyone else. that is why they are doing what they do. The first thing a coach is going to do is recognize the level of competition he is playing against. And it is region I 3A football, no offfense but we are talking about college footbal here. Also he might have no more upside, i have seen him run and he is a load of a runner. but is he going to grow? who knows.
Contradictory?

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 06:01 PM
So you're saying a player with one of the most (or the most IDK) rushing yards and TD's in Texas wont pop up on D I radar's in Texas? I'm not saying he won't because anything can happen. As I said earlier he could very well end up at a d1 like Rice, Houston, North Texas, TCU, or SMU. He came on a little to late to the recruiting scene as I have stated already.

WylieBulldog92
12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm not saying he won't because anything can happen. As I said earlier he could very well end up at a d1 like Rice, Houston, North Texas, TCU, or SMU. He came on a little to late to the recruiting scene as I have stated already.
So maybe if some of the commits of the Big 12 schools decommit you think they might give him a look?

Old Tiger
12-19-2007, 06:05 PM
So maybe if some of the commits of the Big 12 schools decommit you think they might give him a look? Hard to tell. His name isn't on Rivals or Scout and the only publicity he gets statewide is from the all-state team. Maybe one of the bottom tier big 12 teams.

WylieBulldog92
12-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Hard to tell. His name isn't on Rivals or Scout and the only publicity he gets statewide is from the all-state team. Maybe one of the bottom tier big 12 teams.
Baylor?

wow...I mean if that happened than they would be starting to get the program on track with all that they have going for them right now coaching wise.

trojan37
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Baylor?

wow...I mean if that happened than they would be starting to get the program on track with all that they have going for them right now coaching wise.

What do they have going for them coaching wise? Until Baylor gets some solid recruits, they aren't going anywhere and won't do anything.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm not saying he won't because anything can happen. As I said earlier he could very well end up at a d1 like Rice, Houston, North Texas, TCU, or SMU. He came on a little to late to the recruiting scene as I have stated already.

I hate to admit it, but I think I agree with what your saying. We all know that Clay is a great runnin back in 3A, and most of us believe he could compete in D1. However, he hasn't been noticed like several other players in the state, even though his stats blow most of them away.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Never see him

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I think he is about 4.6.

When he goes to college I bet he'll get down to a 4.4

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-19-2007, 07:34 PM

Dude, your not a recruiter.

You don't know what goes down.

trojan37
12-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Looks like he might be getting some looks from TCU. MIGHT BE.

Clay + Frog = Clog (http://www.killerfrogs.com/blog/2007/11/)