PDA

View Full Version : Who should SMU hire?

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Who would be the best fit for SMU? :thinking:

Gary Barnett
Jeff Bower
Terry Bowden
Larry Coker
Greg Davis
Dennis Franchione
Chan Gailey
Glen Mason
Rick Neuheisel
Scott Smith

And there is no need for disgruntled Longhorns to support the hiring of Greg Davis at SMU just so you can get rid of him! ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
The way it is going maybe they need to make a run at Vance at LH, or Ford at Celina

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The way it is going maybe they need to make a run at Vance at LH, or Ford at Celina

Well, they have both proved they don't need D1 talent to win! :D

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
lets all take a moment and pray they take Greg Davis.

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Is there a Scott Smith I'm not thinking of? Because the Scott Smith I'm thinking about fell flat on his face and got fired after winning 5 games in 2 seasons at Odessa Permian in 98-99.

What about Bob Davie? He's a good football coach and could do good things for SMU.

kaorder1999
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Is there a Scott Smith I'm not thinking of? Because the Scott Smith I'm thinking about fell flat on his face and got fired after winning 5 games in 2 seasons at Odessa Permian in 98-99.

What about Bob Davie? He's a good football coach and could do good things for SMU.
the Scott smith YOU are thinking of is now the head coach at Rockwall and is doing a great job with them. The Scott Smith they are talking about I believe used to be a coordinator at Plano

Snydertigersrul
12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Who would be the best fit for SMU? :thinking:

Gary Barnett
Jeff Bower
Terry Bowden
Larry Coker
Greg Davis
Dennis Franchione
Chan Gailey
Glen Mason
Rick Neuheisel
Scott Smith

And there is no need for disgruntled Longhorns to support the hiring of Greg Davis at SMU just so you can get rid of him! ;)

ME ME ME

:D

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM

I believe Bob Davie was fired once upon a time, so he's not an option!

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
the Scott smith YOU are thinking of is now the head coach at Rockwall and is doing a great job with them. The Scott Smith they are talking about I believe used to be a coordinator at Plano

Didn't Scott Smith coach at Plano before taking the Permian job?

Tam Hollingshead is doing a great job at Rockwall-Heath also. Did they lose in Round 1 this season? I never heard anything after they went 7-3.

kaorder1999
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Didn't Scott Smith coach at Plano before taking the Permian job?

Tam Hollingshead is doing a great job at Rockwall-Heath also. Did they lose in Round 1 this season? I never heard anything after they went 7-3.

Heath didnt make the playoffs....

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I believe Bob Davie was fired once upon a time, so he's not an option!

Coaches get recycled all the time in CFB. Also remember that the expectations at Notre Dame are quite different than the ones at SMU.

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Heath didnt make the playoffs....

Hmm...thought they finished 3rd in their district.

JR2004
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
or Ford at Celina

The legendary 10-1 is too good to be wasted at a school like SMU. It deserves to be run at a BIG XII school.

NastySlot
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM

there was a run of a lot guys following on their face at PHS (until recently)...even one from your location of Sealy......Scott Smith at Rockwall is a good man and coach.

JR2004
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM

With that said I put my full support behind Greg Davis being the next head coach of the Ponies!

kaorder1999
12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Hmm...thought they finished 3rd in their district.

nope...Top 3 were HP, West Mesquite and Pearce...

AND

The Scott Smith they are talking about is the current AD/Head Football Coach at Lake Highlands

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
there was a run of a lot guys following on their face at PHS (until recently)...even one from your location of Sealy......Scott Smith at Rockwall is a good man and coach.

Randy Mayes
Scott Smith
TJ Mills
some other guy

I'm familiar with the list. Just to clarify...the Scott Smith that looked awful at Permian is now Rockwall's head coach? Correct?

kaorder1999
12-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Randy Mayes
Scott Smith
TJ Mills
some other guy

I'm familiar with the list. Just to clarify...the Scott Smith that looked awful at Permian is now Rockwall's head coach? Correct?

Correct...and the Scott Smith that is the current AD/Head Football Coach at Lake Highlands is also a formey Plano assistant I believe

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
nope...Top 3 were HP, West Mesquite and Pearce...

AND

The Scott Smith they are talking about is the current AD/Head Football Coach at Lake Highlands

ahhhhh i see now. thanks.

I don't know if SMU should look to the HS ranks for it's next coach. Dodge is having a rough go at it at UNT in his first season. Art Briles won 4 State Championships at Stephenville before enteing college coaching, and he's turned out pretty good, but....

kaorder1999
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I just don't think there is ANY way that SMU will hire a HS coach. Their ego will not allow that.

NastySlot
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
but smith at rockwall has college experience.... hey tulsa has a coach that coached in the high school ranks in texas and is from mesquite.......but that would be a lateral move.....for him.