PDA

View Full Version : Trinity University in San Antonio makes the headlines.....

kaorder1999
12-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Guns, rifles found in dorm room at San Antonio's Trinity University

10:42 AM CST on Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Associated Press

SAN ANTONIO – A half-dozen rifles and guns were found in a dorm room at Trinity University over the weekend, and the student who had the guns has been barred from campus but isn't considered dangerous, officials said.

University staff doing room checks discovered the weapons Saturday after the residence halls were closed for winter break. The weapons were in "plain view," Sharon Jones Schweitzer, a university spokeswoman, said Monday. Campus police called the San Antonio police and the weapons were seized.

The student is "not considered to be dangerous or a threat to himself or herself or members of the campus community," Jones Schweitzer said.

Schweitzer said the student and family are cooperating with an investigation.

Trinity University is a liberal arts and sciences university with about 2,500 students.

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
how can you afford all that stuff and still pay the money to go to that school

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Mack Brown better get control of things down there at TU!

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
what is this country coming to. you can't horse collar someone in football. you can't have guns in a dorm now. what's next, take away sliced bread!

3afan
12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
must be one of those avid hunters ....

Balcones fault
12-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

What's the bag limit on avids these days?

;)

buff4ever
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

That's why I never lived in a dorm:)

LH OffseasonVet
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Guns, rifles found in dorm room at San Antonio's Trinity University

10:42 AM CST on Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Associated Press

SAN ANTONIO – A half-dozen rifles and guns were found in a dorm room at Trinity University over the weekend, and the student who had the guns has been barred from campus but isn't considered dangerous, officials said.

Now I'm going to spend all winter break wondering who it is. :thinking: :confused:

lynx_rufus
12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
Now I'm going to spend all winter break wondering who it is. :thinking: :confused:
I'm betting it is a female. I hear those TU gals are tough.

Jack_Daniels
12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

the student who had the guns has been barred from campus but isn't considered dangerous, officials said.

The student is "not considered to be dangerous or a threat to himself or herself or members of the campus community," Jones Schweitzer said.

What? The student is NOT considered dangerous?