PDA

View Full Version : Is this board dominated by UT homers?

big daddy russ
12-18-2007, 01:44 AM
I couldn't believe the numbers on that "Is A&M a mediocre program over the last 20 years?" thread. The numbers on that were about as off as if the Ags posted a "Is Tech one of our rivals?" thread.

Man, the homerism is rampant. Baylor, with their couple of conference championships but cellar-dwelling ways, is a mediocre program. Oklahoma State, with their Heisman winner but inability to consistently stay in the win column, is on the verge of being a mediocre program, but still isn't a mediocre program. TAMU is not a mediocre program. Tech is not a mediocre program. Welcome to real life.

Spoils the opinions of all the level-headed Longhorns on the board for the rest of us.

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I couldn't believe the numbers on that "Is A&M a mediocre program over the last 20 years?" thread. The numbers on that were about as off as if the Ags posted a "Is Tech one of our rivals?" thread.

Man, the homerism is rampant. Baylor, with their couple of conference championships but cellar-dwelling ways, is a mediocre program. Oklahoma State, with their Heisman winner but inability to consistently stay in the win column, is on the verge of being a mediocre program, but still isn't a mediocre program. TAMU is not a mediocre program. Tech is not a mediocre program. Welcome to real life.

Spoils the opinions of all the level-headed Longhorns on the board for the rest of us.

You might want to go read that post again! It looked to me like two people said anything negative about A&M on that thread. And just look who those two people are!

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 02:00 AM
And if you're just going off the votes, don't!

big daddy russ
12-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You might want to go read that post again! It looked to me like two people said anything negative about A&M on that thread. And just look who those two people are!

And if you're just going off the votes, don't!

Yeah, all I was talking about was the votes. Either people don't understand the concept of "mediocre" (How can a team that has won 70% of their games be considered mediocre?) or people don't know anything about A&M's history over the last 20 years. It boggles my mind that the "Yes" votes actually gained ground after I posted the facts. WOW!

kepdawg
12-18-2007, 02:18 AM
I think it's real hard most of the times to rely on the votes without people's posts to back them up. Some people (UT homers or other anti-A&M people) would have voted "against" A&M regardless of what the question is. Some people are going to vote just to skew the vote in the unexpected direction. Objectivity is not an easy thing to find!

big daddy russ
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM
I think it's real hard most of the times to rely on the votes without people's posts to back them up. Some people (UT homers or other anti-A&M people) would have voted "against" A&M regardless of what the question is. Some people are going to vote just to skew the vote in the unexpected direction. Objectivity is not an easy thing to find!
You're right, I'm definitely painting with a broad brush. It doesn't change my opinion about the board being (completely) dominated by UT homers in any way, shape, form, or fashion, but I guess it may not apply to that specific thread.

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 02:29 AM
You cant judge by that poll because so many people have such a different opinion on what the word mediocre means. Coach started that poll because I called TAMU a mediocre football program like forever ago and then today Coach randomly starts asking me two thousand questions about it when I hadnt said anything about it in months.

I said they have been very average over the past ten years which they had been. IMO if your not finishing seasons in the top ten or playing in a BCS bowl thats an average season at best (with the exception of teams like Rutgers or South Florida who come from nowhere to have great teams) But when your a school like Texas A&M and put millions of dollars into your program and have some of the best facilites and such a rabid fanbase then IMO if your not finishing in the top ten or playing in a BCS bowl then you didnt have really a good year which means you just had an average or sligtly above average season.

Im 19 so I can only reasonably give you my opinions on things that have happened in the last 10 years. Im not going to come on here like some people and act like I knew what the hell was going on when I was 6 or 7 years old.

big daddy russ
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
I never thought of the money when "mediocre" comes to mind. Nor did I think of top-ten seasons, as that signifies elite programs. Finishing outside the top ten doesn't necessarily qualify a team as mediocre as much as it keeps them out of elite status. And to top it off, A&M has had its share of top ten seasons in the past 20 years, as it was the premier program in the state for about half of those years.

Like I said in the other thread, in the past decade, A&M could easily be considered mediocre. So I think you were right on there. But in the past 20, it's a completely different animal.

NDFootball
12-18-2007, 02:37 AM
You're right, I'm definitely painting with a broad brush. It doesn't change my opinion about the board being (completely) dominated by UT homers in any way, shape, form, or fashion, but I guess it may not apply to that specific thread.

I'm a ND homer :)

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 03:29 AM

Like I said in the other thread, in the past decade, A&M could easily be considered mediocre. So I think you were right on there. But in the past 20, it's a completely different animal. You very well could be right but as I said Im usually going to keep my commentary to the last ten years which I have seen nd personally know about. Im not here to push across a bunch of second hand information as my own knowledge.

To me money is a big factor if you are putting in as much as A&M and some of the other major programs you have got to get better then where the Aggies have been recently

3afan
12-18-2007, 06:22 AM
no, its dominated by __________ homers ;)

hutex04
12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
I love UT, that is all :D

JasperDog94
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
While I love Texas I really don't consider myself a "homer". I try to be objective but optimistic about my favorite program. Take the Holiday Bowl for example. I think Texas could get torched. Or it could be a high scoring affair. I either see a blowout by Arizona St. or a close game. I just can't see Texas blowing them out.

Phil C
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I'm a ND homer :)

Hey ND what bowl game is ND playing in this year?

:)

Phil C
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Hook 'em Horns!

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
If you notice there are homers or T Shirt fans from many schools on this board but the only ones people want to call out is Texas fans and homers. IMO most of the Texas people on here might be T-Shirt fans but there really arent that many homers.

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

:) lmao Phil you crack me up

NDFootball
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

:)

Hahahahaha

:mad:

jerk