PDA

View Full Version : 2A Site...

D_bird
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
For those of you wondering, yes I know the 2a site is down. I have been trying for the past week to get it back up. The back up has not worked, I have not been able to go in and fix the table that needs to be fixed because the webpage freezes everytime I try to go there.

I hate to have to lose everything, but it looks like I may have no choice. I am going to try for another couple of days to fix the site, if I can't do it then, I will build a new forum for the site.

For all you Texas2Aer's I apologize for not saying something earlier.

MHSvarsity2007
12-17-2007, 11:37 PM
yay for 2A...what whaaaaaaaaattttttt

CheerMom
12-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted, and once again all your hard work. We appreciate it.:D

charlesrixey
12-18-2007, 09:54 AM
let us know when it gets back up!

D_bird
12-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Well I go in to work on the website tonight, only to find that the mysql database for the forum is completely gone.

I swear if I ever find out who did that...

super1
12-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems, D_Bird. I've keep trying the link, but to no avail. I hope you can get it back up with minimal trouble. I blame MARLINDOG. :D

j/k....it was probably Cheer Mom....:devil:

D_bird
12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks super1, I am sure MARLINDOGS, dutchman, cheermom, expanther02, RHS78 all had something to do with it coming up missing, lol j/k guys.

This is so frustrating because we got up to near 1600 members and now it looks as though we will have to start all over at zero again. We were doing so so very good, and now...

By the way, you can expect the new forum to have a "2A Down Low" feel to it. Going to make it a lot simpler to navigate, and take out the regional forums.

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by D_bird
For those of you wondering, yes I know the 2a site is down. I have been trying for the past week to get it back up. The back up has not worked, I have not been able to go in and fix the table that needs to be fixed because the webpage freezes everytime I try to go there.

I hate to have to lose everything, but it looks like I may have no choice. I am going to try for another couple of days to fix the site, if I can't do it then, I will build a new forum for the site.

For all you Texas2Aer's I apologize for not saying something earlier.

If you can get to your files from the ISP/hosting company you can usually fix something like that online with out using your software you created it in.

You can usually also copy the site from there and save it to a disc, the work on it locally on your computer.

You can also go to your browser one page at a time and save all the pages under view source as and just post them into your program, fix them and republish it..food for thought

D_bird
12-23-2007, 12:50 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!! I got the site fixed and didnt lose anything from before it went down!!!!

Cameron Crazy
12-23-2007, 01:15 AM
You need to watch out who you give admin permission. On my new board everything is going good, hopefully that will not happen.

D_bird
12-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I don't think it had anything to do with the administrators or anything like that.

I actually feel really stupid because it turned out to be a very easy fix, while it took me 2 weeks to figure out what the actual problem was and how to fix it. So I learned something, and that can't be all bad.

CheerMom
12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Great news!!!! Can't wait to get back on!!:D