PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction

coach
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Texas A&M is a very mediocre program in the last 20 years???

vote fact or fiction with analysis please

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 06:22 PM
mediocre is a broad term...if you're meaning finishing middle-of-the-pack in the nation, then they're above average, but if you're talking of it in terms of championships, bowl games, etc., they've been mediocre.

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Football or all sports? Between 1985-1994 very good program. Won Big 12 in 1998, finished 2nd in 1997. Down years too.

Baseball went to 2 WS, lost in Super Regionals last year.
Softball went to 1 WS.
Soccer has won 4 Big 12 titles in a row, 1 Elite 8.
Basketball, golf, swimming & diving, tennis, track, etc. greatly improved & winning. Volleyball went to Elite 8 but down now.

Entire A&M program won 7 Big 12 titles last year (Texas won 6).

Need to be more specific...

coach
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
football

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:22 PM
well since 1975 A&M is the best thing since sliced bread according to the residential historian of all things football.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
The aggies(faggies) suck in my opinion lol:D

big daddy russ
12-17-2007, 08:38 PM
20 years? No.

10 years? Yes.

They've had an undefeated season, two division titles (Big XII South Co-Champs/Champs '97 and '98), several conference championships, 12 top-25 finishes, seven top-20 finishes, four top-ten finishes and a top-five finish in the AP poll the past 20 years. They have a .702 winning percentage for an average of just over nine wins per season.

Over the last two decades, they've been an excellent program. Almost on the same level with UT, just without a national title to show for it.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
well since 1975 A&M is the best thing since sliced bread according to the residential historian of all things football.

Never said that TSF. Learn your stuff.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
20 years? No.

10 years? Yes.

They've had an undefeated season, two division titles (Big XII South Co-Champs/Champs '97 and '98), several conference championships, 12 top-25 finishes, seven top-20 finishes, four top-ten finishes and a top-five finish in the AP poll the past 20 years. They have a .702 winning percentage for an average of just over nine wins per season.

Over the last two decades, they've been an excellent program. Almost on the same level with UT, just without a national title to show for it.

Well said, & future is going to be even better IMO. You can win at A&M given all the resources, recruiting base, etc. Hopefully Sherman can help us realize those dreams.

Jack_Daniels
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
The Aggies are at the top of the Big 12 in their overall program. many conference titles and a bowl team in football. There are many programs that would like to be like the Aggies.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Daniels
The Aggies are at the top of the Big 12 in their overall program. many conference titles and a bowl team in football. There are many programs that would like to be like the Aggies. Wrong. In the past 20 years or so Texas has won around 26 national titles in all sports. They are at the top of the conference as a program.

g$$
12-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Wrong. In the past 20 years or so Texas has won around 26 national titles in all sports. They are at the top of the conference as a program.

So how is "your" school doing in sports there Blue?

g$$
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Wrong. In the past 20 years or so Texas has won around 26 national titles in all sports. They are at the top of the conference as a program.

He said "at the top" out of 12 schools not the #1 position. READ.

big daddy russ
12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
I thought this was just about football??? These numbers show how much the orange kool-aid runs the board. I presented facts, and they still discout the Ags. Every bit the program my Auburn Tigers have, maybe even better.

Man, I wonder what this board would've looked like 15 years ago.

me·di·o·cre /ˌmidiˈoʊkər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mee-dee-oh-ker] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
2. rather poor or inferior.

If they were mediocre, they'd be hovering around .500, not around the same winning percentage as Virginia Tech.

thewyliefan
12-18-2007, 01:45 AM
g$$ sure has been offensive today.....

Phil C
12-18-2007, 08:50 AM
You have to remember that they did win the college football national championship in 1939 and had to beat a good Clemson team and later a good Tulane team at the Sugar Bowl.

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You have to remember that they did win the college football national championship in 1939 and had to beat a good Clemson team and later a good Tulane team at the Sugar Bowl.

Is that the same year two other teams lay claim to a National title?;)

JasperDog94
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Entire A&M program won 7 Big 12 titles last year (Texas won 6).lol...always has to be a Texas comparison huh?:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Is this poll about the "modern era"?:D :D :D

NastySlot
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Is that the same year two other teams lay claim to a National title?;)

yeah....back in the days...there used to be about 4-5 polls a year..

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
You people need to get a life. I mean, seriously, digging up facts over trivial topics. The "my school is better than yours" mantra is worn out. Someone else supports another team, get over it. I personally like driving trucks over cars, are we going to have a discussion about that too? People are going to have different opinions, so why does it matter if you think they're a mediocre program? I for one don't care what happened to A&M two years ago and a lot of people don't, and if all you have time to do is sit in front of a computer on a message board and talk trash, then I pity your life.

CenTexSports
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
BBDE, show some compassion and sensitivity. These people have every right to believe the way they want to believe and to express it in any forum allowed. Your lack of tolerance shows an immaturity that suprises me.

And as far as you preferring to drive a truck, that is your opinion and it probably will not change until you are married and your wife tells you what you will prefer to drive,

wildstangs
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
nevermind

themsu97
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You people need to get a life. I mean, seriously, digging up facts over trivial topics. The "my school is better than yours" mantra is worn out. Someone else supports another team, get over it. I personally like driving trucks over cars, are we going to have a discussion about that too? People are going to have different opinions, so why does it matter if you think they're a mediocre program? I for one don't care what happened to A&M two years ago and a lot of people don't, and if all you have time to do is sit in front of a computer on a message board and talk trash, then I pity your life.

Great post BBDE, just do not let these people bother you... my brother went to Aggieland as did my sister-in-law, and many friends and they enjoyed it. Farris loved it when he went back...
some people do not get it... I picked the Aggies to win their bowl and picked ASU to beat UT but I can guarantee you I will still be at camp in Austin come June...wearing my tshirt

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You people need to get a life. I mean, seriously, digging up facts over trivial topics. The "my school is better than yours" mantra is worn out. Someone else supports another team, get over it. I personally like driving trucks over cars, are we going to have a discussion about that too? People are going to have different opinions, so why does it matter if you think they're a mediocre program? I for one don't care what happened to A&M two years ago and a lot of people don't, and if all you have time to do is sit in front of a computer on a message board and talk trash, then I pity your life. LMAO thats funny would be even funnier if it didnt come from the person who has way more post on this message board then the people hes talking about