PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Fans: TO is a time bomb...

g$$
12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Tick...tick...tick...

TO showed his true colors once again yesterday. He bickered all week with Keyshawn Johnson, then goes out & catches all of two 2nd half passes (yes I know the defense was geared to stop him). Also had a key drop. Griping & throwing temper tantrums on the sideline. Yelling at teammates. All about him. Like he says, "I likes me some me".

tick...tick...tick...

Then Dallas totally abandons the run (15 rushes for game) & tries to get him involved. Romo forces numerous balls to him, ends up with 3 picks. Romo sprained his thumb, I realize, but he still forced balls TO's way to try to appease him. Dallas still hasn't blocked Philly's quick front 7 either. They got pressure & sacks all day.

tick...tick...tick...

TO has done this every place he has been. When it's going good, everything is fine. When it goes badly, he starts pointing fingers & divides a team. SF, Philly, & TBD in Dallas.

tick...tick...tick...

Wade Phillips' leadership skills will be tested in Dallas now, & I like Wade. Now tied with Green Bay but Dallas holds tie-breaker head to head. Lambeau Field in the dead of winter does not play to Dallas' strengths. And Favre loves playing in the cold after being there all these years.

Romo finished poorly last year after a great start when he got a chance - Dallas was fortunate to beat lowly Detroit last week & now lose to Philly. Going to be interesting finish. Dallas is a very good 12-2 team but that won't matter if they struggle down the stretch & lose in the playoffs. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years.

See what happens...but the TO time bomb is ticking.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
An injured thumb on the throwing hand of the QB.

You my friend are just wanting him to.

He hasn't done or said anything to make anyone think this. Everything in his interviews are level headed and true.

How can you blame him for lack of offensive production yesterday when they only scored 6 points.

In short this post is pathetic.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
T.O. was yelling on the bench he didn't yell at any teammates. He said something to Keyshawn because he was talking about the entire team. The defense was all over every receiver it didn't really matter who he threw it to. I'm pretty sure Romo's thumb had something to do with 3 picks...he didn't look very sharp :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
g$$ so far Tony Romo is 0-2 when a girlfriend is in attendence so if you would like to blame something blame Tony Romo's girlfriend.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
g$$ so far Tony Romo is 0-2 when a girlfriend is in attendence so if you would like to blame something blame Tony Romo's girlfriend.

Everyone knows that T.O. is a raving lunatic. I mean who DOESN'T get frustrated when their team is losing. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Everyone knows that T.O. is a raving lunatic. I mean who DOESN'T get frustrated when their team is losing. :rolleyes: True I guess it's a bad thing to have the fight and desire to win and get frustrated when you don't. Especially when you work as hard as Terrell.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
TO's Comments after the game
There's no doubt in this locker room," T.O. said. "Throughout the season, I think we've shown the character to gut some wins out. Obviously, the way we've played this season, there's no reason for a lack of confidence. Not at this stage of the game.

"We have all the confidence in the world with this team. We're not going to let any doubt creep in just because we lost this game today."

And about Keyshawn-TO bickering..IMO it shows TO has become a team player, he was DEFENDING his coach agianst an outside attack

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
An injured thumb on the throwing hand of the QB.

You my friend are just wanting him to.

He hasn't done or said anything to make anyone think this. Everything in his interviews are level headed and true.

How can you blame him for lack of offensive production yesterday when they only scored 6 points.

In short this post is pathetic.

Does an injured thumb & Jessica Simpson in the crowd cause Romo to make poor decisions? One is physical & the other is mental. Give me a break. Might want to check TO's antics on the sidelines before calling me out. He calmed down for the interviews. Being a competitor is one thing, being a jerk is another. Dallas changed their game plan trying to appease the Team Cancer & they lost in the end.

If Romo was hurt that badly, then Brad Johnson should have replaced him. No excuses - he continued to play. Romo did not make excuses after the game.

And TO factored into that lack of production too. He quit on routes, jogged off line on others, telegraphed routes by dropping his arms, & just did not play hard the whole game.

Just a wonderful team player, huh?

kepdawg
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Why does anyone waste time arguing with g$$? You can't argue with someone who is right! :D

Macarthur
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
You and I agree on most everything, but I take issue with a couple of statements.

Originally posted by g$$
[B]Tick...tick...tick...

TO showed his true colors once again yesterday. He bickered all week with Keyshawn Johnson, then goes out & catches all of two 2nd half passes (yes I know the defense was geared to stop him). Also had a key drop. Griping & throwing temper tantrums on the sideline. Yelling at teammates. All about him. Like he says, "I likes me some me".

tick...tick...tick...

I was at the game, and yes, PHilly bracketed him all game long. They were not going to let him get loose. Period. Sure, he got frustrated, but I didn't see him do anything negative towards teammates. He was just frustrated.

Then Dallas totally abandons the run (15 rushes for game) & tries to get him involved. Romo forces numerous balls to him, ends up with 3 picks. Romo sprained his thumb, I realize, but he still forced balls TO's way to try to appease him. Dallas still hasn't blocked Philly's quick front 7 either. They got pressure & sacks all day.

tick...tick...tick...

I think everyone would agree that abandoning the run was a mistake.

As for the front 7 of PHilly, Romo did not get sacked until the 4th quarter. I don't think that was the issue, at least early on. Romo was just off. Seeing it live was amazing. YOu could just see the entire offense was out of sync the whole game. Guys would break the huddle and not know which way to go. It was just a stinker.

TO has done this every place he has been. When it's going good, everything is fine. When it goes badly, he starts pointing fingers & divides a team. SF, Philly, & TBD in Dallas.

tick...tick...tick...

He's a bit of a front runner, but a truly do not believe he will resort to those old ways. There's a different atmosphere out there.

Wade Phillips' leadership skills will be tested in Dallas now, & I like Wade.

I think time will show that Wade has done a fantastic job with this team and TO.

Now tied with Green Bay but Dallas holds tie-breaker head to head. Lambeau Field in the dead of winter does not play to Dallas' strengths. And Favre loves playing in the cold after being there all these years.

I'm not sure GB's offense wants to play in 10 degree weather either. You know they throw the ball about 75% of the time. Certainly, I would rather play that game at home, but I think it's wrong to assume that if it's played in GB, it's an automatic loss.

Romo finished poorly last year after a great start when he got a chance - Dallas was fortunate to beat lowly Detroit last week & now lose to Philly. Going to be interesting finish. Dallas is a very good 12-2 team but that won't matter if they struggle down the stretch & lose in the playoffs. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years.

Again, Romo was not nearly as bad at the end of last year as many want to think. He struggled against PHilly last year, but he had big games against Atl & Detroit.

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Meaningless analogy. Nothing but coincidence with Underwood & Simpson. Are we going to ban all wives & girlfriends now?

Tom Brady does ok with his hotties...& sometimes they attend also. He seems to keep his head in the game just fine!

Credit Philly, not that stuff.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Does an injured thumb & Jessica Simpson in the crowd cause Romo to make poor decisions? One is physical & the other is mental. Give me a break. Might want to check TO's antics on the sidelines before calling me out. He calmed down for the interviews. Being a competitor is one thing, being a jerk is another. Dallas changed their game plan trying to appease the Team Cancer & they lost in the end.

If Romo was hurt that badly, then Brad Johnson should have replaced him. No excuses - he continued to play. Romo did not make excuses after the game.

And TO factored into that lack of production too. He quit on routes, jogged off line on others, telegraphed routes by dropping his arms, & just did not play hard the whole game.

Do you have a ton of pics of TO around ur room? Your need to run him down is strange

WOW, he got mad..OH NO I dont want a WR to get frustrated when the team is losing

yep he dropped a pass...of course he was wide open on two big plays that Romo overthrows him, but hey lets ONLY focus in on TO dropping the ball

You say he jogged on a couple of routes, well I dont have the WR only camera so I dont know

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Who exactly was he being a jerk to? He didn't confront anybody?

Dallas had nothing on offense the entire game. Who else was he going to throw the ball to? Should Romo wait around until he gets hit again so people won't think he's trying to please "team cancer"???? Owens is the biggest playmaker they have on the field why wouldn't they try to get him the ball? Romo had the lowest QB rating he has ever had yesterday and you try to blame it on Terrell...wow great logic there :doh:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Just a wonderful team player, huh? How do you know he made bad decisions? With a bad thumb on the throwing hand it will make a good decision look bad regardless because you lose velocity and accuracy on the pass. Not a good come back. The Jessica Simpson comment was in jest.

The cowboys game plan all year long is to get TO the ball and they have done that successfully all year except the last two weeks. TO was double and even triple covered in the detroit game. The thumb has a lot to do with the game yesterday and inablity to get TO the ball.

TO is known as one of the hardest workers in the league and plays his heart out on Sundays. He may have been rattled by the poor all around offensive performance and sometimes that takes over a receivers head.

TO is one of the best team players. He was there last year when Tony botched the snap to cost him the game. He has done nothing this year or last year to prove that he wasn't a team player. IMO Parcell's was the team cancer.

Also IMO Jason Garrett is the one to blame for the loss yesterday. He got away from running the ball which sets up the pass.

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
True I guess it's a bad thing to have the fight and desire to win and get frustrated when you don't. Especially when you work as hard as Terrell.

Being a competitor is different than being a jerk. I love true competitors. He has a track record in this area for dividing teams. SF & Philly ring a bell?

I already posted this anyway above.

And during game he did yell at teammates on the sidelines. Showed them up. He wants his touches & to heck with everything else. Watch the game again.

Sweetwater Red
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
His low production in the Lion game was due to being covered
by a corner, with safety help over the top, and a line backer
running interference underneath. The same line backer that
should've been covering Witten I might add.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Being a competitor is different than being a jerk. I love true competitors. He has a track record in this area for dividing teams. SF & Philly ring a bell?

And during game he did yell at teammates on the sidelines. Showed them up. He wants his touches & to heck with everything else. Watch the game again. You're pathetic.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$

And during game he did yell at teammates on the sidelines. Showed them up. He wants his touches & to heck with everything else. Watch the game again.

He only got the "I don't care about anyone but me" label when he wouldn't go to the Ravens when the 49ers tried to trade him to Baltimore

Macarthur
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
And for the record, Jessica was at the Thanksgiving game so can we all stop with the silly girlfriend talk.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Sure...sure he does...whatever helps you sleep at night :confused:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
g$$ i wish I knew how you got your hands on coaching tapes from the cowboys facility to know he was jogging and taking plays off.:doh:

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
g$$ i wish I knew how you got your hands on coaching tapes from the cowboys facility to know he was jogging and taking plays off.:doh:

Everybody always has the extra intel in arguements like these :rolleyes:

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Do you have a ton of pics of TO around ur room? Your need to run him down is strange

WOW, he got mad..OH NO I dont want a WR to get frustrated when the team is losing

yep he dropped a pass...of course he was wide open on two big plays that Romo overthrows him, but hey lets ONLY focus in on TO dropping the ball

You say he jogged on a couple of routes, well I dont have the WR only camera so I dont know

Steve Mariucci called him out on NFL Network & showed the examples of his play. His former coach too. Deion Sanders did too. Watch the segments on him & you will see what I mean. He was giving away his routes by his arm movements when he was breaking it down (dropped arms). The 2nd INT was a prime example of this. Elementary stuff in selling your routes. He flat loafed on others.

I have TO toilet paper if you must know!!

I love competitors, not Team Cancers. There is a right & wrong way to do it.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Also I would like to add.....27 touchdowns in 2 years.

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
You're pathetic.

Weak as usual. And expected from you.

nobogey72
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
True I guess it's a bad thing to have the fight and desire to win and get frustrated when you don't. Especially when you work as hard as Terrell.

Go Blue,

You make it sound like T.O. hasn't done anything in the past to make one think that he is still capable of going off. What...is he like your role model of a team mate? Now I'm starting to understand some of your other posts.

g$$
He only got the "I don't care about anyone but me" label when he wouldn't go to the Ravens when the 49ers tried to trade him to Baltimore

That is not correct. Believe what you want, but it started long before then. Philly suspended him after 7 games. SF got rid of him. You don't get rid of a player that talented unless there are major character issues.

NDFootball
Originally posted by g$$
The 2nd INT was a prime example of this. Elementary stuff in selling your routes. He flat loafed on others.

I thought it was all because Romo was forcing the ball to Owens to make him happy?

Old Tiger
Originally posted by g$$
Steve Mariucci called him out on NFL Network & showed the examples of his play. His former coach too. Deion Sanders did too. Watch the segments on him & you will see what I mean. He was giving away his routes by his arm movements when he was breaking it down (dropped arms). The 2nd INT was a prime example of this. Elementary stuff in selling your routes. He flat loafed on others.

I have TO toilet paper if you must know!!

I love competitors, not Team Cancers. There is a right & wrong way to do it. I prefer to get information from Jaws on that kind of stuff. After all Jaws is the one who called out Randy Moss for this same stunts.

Tony Romo's Interceptions:

One in the endzone: He tried to force it in double coverage.
Hitch to TO: staired To down the entire way.

I didn't see the other one. But IMO Tony Romo cost them the game. But blame TO all you want.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Go Blue,

You make it sound like T.O. hasn't done anything in the past to make one think that he is still capable of going off. What...is he like your role model of a team mate? Now I'm starting to understand some of your other posts. Why live in the past on someone. Forgiveness is all within us it is what the Lord would want. Look at the present and last year. He has done nothing to prove that he is a team cancer.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Why live in the past on someone. Forgiveness is all within us it is what the Lord would want. Look at the present and last year. He has done nothing to prove that he is a team cancer.

It's just a bunch of Texans fans crying because their team sucks. Just ignore them :)

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
How do you know he made bad decisions? With a bad thumb on the throwing hand it will make a good decision look bad regardless because you lose velocity and accuracy on the pass. Not a good come back. The Jessica Simpson comment was in jest.

The cowboys game plan all year long is to get TO the ball and they have done that successfully all year except the last two weeks. TO was double and even triple covered in the detroit game. The thumb has a lot to do with the game yesterday and inablity to get TO the ball.

TO is known as one of the hardest workers in the league and plays his heart out on Sundays. He may have been rattled by the poor all around offensive performance and sometimes that takes over a receivers head.

TO is one of the best team players. He was there last year when Tony botched the snap to cost him the game. He has done nothing this year or last year to prove that he wasn't a team player. IMO Parcell's was the team cancer.

Also IMO Jason Garrett is the one to blame for the loss yesterday. He got away from running the ball which sets up the pass.

Do you have a "TO Fan Club Prez" t-shirt?

I agree about Garrett, as I posted only 15 rushes, but TO's antics IMO changed the game plan. They changed to appease him & what happened? LOSS

Romo did make poor decisions. The last pick was thrown into double coverage (high/low). TO slipping had nothing to do with it. It was a poor ball thrown into coverage to a receiver not open.

Team player? Right on dude. Germans bombed Pearl Harbor too!

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That is not correct. Believe what you want, but it started long before then. Philly suspended him after 7 games. SF got rid of him. You don't get rid of a playert that talented unless there are major character issues.

He got injured his first year during the season and came back for the Super Bowl where he was one of the lone bright spots for the Eagles that day. It was his second year where he got suspended...and he's already outlasted that with the Cowboys.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I agree about Garrett, as I posted only 15 rushes, but TO's antics IMO changed the game plan. They changed to appease him & what happened? LOSS

Romo did make poor decisions. The last pick was thrown into double coverage (high/low). TO slipping had nothing to do with it. It was a poor ball thrown into coverage to a receiver not open.

Team player? Right on dude. Germans bombed Pearl Harbor too! To's antics changed the game plan, ya right. I'm glad you are on the sideline to know this.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$

That comparison makes no sense at all

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I prefer to get information from Jaws on that kind of stuff. After all Jaws is the one who called out Randy Moss for this same stunts.

Tony Romo's Interceptions:

One in the endzone: He tried to force it in double coverage.
Hitch to TO: staired To down the entire way.

I didn't see the other one. But IMO Tony Romo cost them the game. But blame TO all you want.

OK flip-flopper: you have now blamed Garrett & Romo in different posts!

Forcing the ball is not a poor decision? Wow.

Wasn't a hitch either - it was a deep out that TO dropped his arms & showed the CB he was breaking it down. Lito Shepherd broke on ball then & picked it off. Learn football.

I did watch the game & also saw end zone camera footage (coach's tape) on NFL Network. Watch the replays tonight. TO did all the things I said. He loafed, he quit on routes, he teleghraphed routes, he yelled at teammates. He had 2 catches in the 2nd half! And, a huge drop that would have been a big play (led league in drops last year).

He factors into the blame game too Prez.

JR2004
12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Owens has been great for Dallas and he's been the consumate team player for them. Without him they're probably closer to 9-5 or 8-6. With him they're 12-2 and likely headed to the Super Bowl.

I'm a Redskins fan, but even I can appreciate how well the guy has played for the Cowgirls.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Sorry but your reaching a conclusion with no base of fact

they went deep to TO on first passing play..he was wide open, ball overthrown, so it is not like they just did not throw to him until as u say he got angry and Garrett said OH NO, we must throw to TO

Romo had a bad day, nothing more, nothing less...it was not his thumb, he started the game throwing badly...Just one of those thiongs that happen, all good QBs have bad games

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Wasn't a hitch either - it was a deep out that TO dropped his arms & showed the CB he was breaking it down. Lito Shepherd broke on ball then & picked it off. Learn football.

I did watch the game & also saw end zone camera footage (coach's tape) on NFL Network. Watch the replays tonight. TO did all the things I said. He loafed, he quit on routes, he teleghraphed routes, he yelled at teammates. He had 2 catches in the 2nd half! And, a huge drop that would have been a big play (led league in drops last year).

He factors into the blame game too Prez. Shephard was stairing down romo the ENTIRE TIME!

How is it flip flopping. Garrett abandoned the run and Romo played like crap. That's all that can be said.

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:36 PM
It's just a bunch of Texans fans crying because their team sucks. Just ignore them :)

Texans are 1-1 vs. your Cowboys. Texans are getting better too. Kubiak & Smith are rebuilding that franchise. 19-10 in expansion team's 1st game ring a bell?

Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years. When was the last time ND won a bowl game?

Now I know why you are fans of both!

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$

He factors into the blame game too Prez.

1. It looked like a hitch to me...do you know the exact route he was running? Where can I get this info.

2. I'm sure you just sat and waited for the NFL network to show the footage so you could come rant on 3a Down Low :rolleyes:

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
He got injured his first year during the season and came back for the Super Bowl where he was one of the lone bright spots for the Eagles that day. It was his second year where he got suspended...and he's already outlasted that with the Cowboys.

And your point was???

You posted nothing new. I know the guy's history. He also wore out his welcome in SF & Philly too.

:doh:

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
That comparison makes no sense at all

It means that statement is not true. Thus the "Germans"...not Japenese on Dec. 7, 1941...

Gotta use your brain buddy!

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Texans are 1-1 vs. your Cowboys. Texans are getting better too. Kubiak & Smith are rebuilding that franchise. 19-10 in expansion team's 1st game ring a bell?

Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years. When was the last time ND won a bowl game?

:clap:

Sounds like a pissy Texan fan to me :clap: :clap:

Last time I checked we were talking about the NFL...not college football. When have the Texans been to the playoffs...no wait even been considered a playoff contender? Early this season? Oh wait then they turned into the underacheiving Texans like we all know and love. :thinking: Nice ND remark though...trying to cover up your bad posts.

Emerson1
12-17-2007, 05:41 PM

G$$ goes to all the game just to see what TO is doing. They showed him once on TV just yelling, no way to tell to who, if it was to anyone or what he was even saying.

Emerson1
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Did they show that? No, they just showed him yelling. You have no idea what he was saying or who he was saying it to.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It means that statement is not true. Thus the "Germans"...not Japenese on Dec. 7, 1941...

Gotta use your brain buddy!

You're comparing football statements with things that led up to the US getting involved with WW2. Who's not using their brain?

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And your point was???

You posted nothing new. I know the guy's history. He also wore out his welcome in SF & Philly too.

You said T.O. got suspended after 7 games with Philly. Apparently you don't know T.O.'s history. Proofread next time "buddy" ;)

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
1. It looked like a hitch to me...do you know the exact route he was running? Where can I get this info.

2. I'm sure you just sat and waited for the NFL network to show the footage so you could come rant on 3a Down Low :rolleyes:

NO I don't - but I will call a spade a spade any day of the week.

Was not a hitch - it was a deep out on the 2nd pick. How do I know? I watched the game & replays & understand basic football.

TO never sold it, Lito broke on ball, picked it off & returned it a ways. Watch the replays again.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That is not correct. Believe what you want, but it started long before then. Philly suspended him after 7 games. SF got rid of him. You don't get rid of a player that talented unless there are major character issues. There ya go

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
You're comparing football statements with things that led up to the US getting involved with WW2. Who's not using their brain?

It's an anology to show neither statement is true.

Sorry you are challenged in that way.

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Tick...tick...tick...

tick...tick...tick...

tick...tick...tick...

tick...tick...tick...

Wade Phillips' leadership skills will be tested in Dallas now, & I like Wade. Now tied with Green Bay but Dallas holds tie-breaker head to head. Lambeau Field in the dead of winter does not play to Dallas' strengths. And Favre loves playing in the cold after being there all these years.

See what happens...but the TO time bomb is ticking.

Fallacies in this post:

1. Cameras did not show one instance of T.O. "throwing temper tantrums." If you watch any NFL game, you're going to see sideline shots of somebody on a team yelling. We've seen this before with T.O. when all of his teammates swear he's yelling nothing but positive things like "We can do this guys. Let's get it together."

2. His direct quote is "I love me some me." Not "I likes..."

3. Some of Romo's "forced" balls that led to INTs were designed plays weren't all Romo trying to get T.O. the ball. On the Sheppard pick, that was a designed rollout and quick pass that Sheppard jumped. Happens every week in many games throughout the NFL...that's not a force; that's a designed play where the defender had a better read. Second INT was overthrown in the endzone; a strike most likely results in a TD (or a drop just for your sake). Third INT, T.O. falls down...if T.O. had stayed upright, there's no way we can say that that ball is absolutely still picked...batted down, possibly, but T.O. never had a shot on that play.

4. Things weren't going badly when T.O.'s Philly departure took place. They had just been in the Super Bowl the year before...did he blow up? Well, he did leave the team, but let's not pretend that Donovan McNabb wasn't just as vicious on the sidelines. T.O. and Romo have a far better relationship even outside of the lockerroom than he has ever had with a QB...let's not just entirely dismiss that as a relationship of convenience for Owens.

5. I don't see why there's a TBD on Owens...if you have to wait to pass judgement on him, then you should have to do the same with every player on the roster. If you're waiting on the end of his tenure in Dallas to make a determination as to his character, then you can't objectively look at it and assume that it's going to go bad, because if you're waiting for the end to pass judgement, then Emmitt Smith's career with Dallas should be severely tarnished as he had very harsh words when he was released and subsequently signed with Arizona. Nobody can deny that Owens has had a very good (I didn't say great) year and a half with Dallas since the infamous "suicide attempt."

6. Brett Favre is 1-2 in his last three home playoff games, and I don't see how the Packers chances to earn home field have anything to do with Owens being a ticking time bomb.

7. It will be 11 years since the Cowboys last playoff victory before they even have the opportunity to win a playoff game this season.

8. I still don't see why T.O. has to be a ticking bomb. He's said that his life really changed after he almost died last fall, and all the evidence that I've seen from his interviews with the media and the way his teammates talk about him lead me to believe that he really had made some significant changes in his life. Everybody who is close or around him claims it's the truth, so even if you don't want to believe T.O. himself, you have to at least listen to his teammates (which is a clear distinction between now and his previous stops).

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Was not a hitch - it was a deep out on the 2nd pick. How do I know? I watched the game & replays & understand basic football.

TO never sold it, Lito broke on ball, picked it off & returned it a ways. Watch the replays again. If you understand basic football and watched the game/replays you would notice that Lito staired Tony down the entire play cause Tony because tony look at TO the whole play.

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
You said T.O. got suspended after 7 games with Philly. Apparently you don't know T.O.'s history. Proofread next time "buddy" ;)

7 games into 2nd year. 1st year was SB year. Who cares? It happened for a reason right?

I know plenty about Team Cancer.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It's an anology to show neither statement is true.

Sorry you are challenged in that way.

That's quite an extreme analogy

I wouldn't be throwing the big c word around if you can't spell what you were trying to do in the first place.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Sometimes.......I kinda wonder if g$$ is a time bomb!!:eek: :eek:

No offense g$$!!:devil:

RMAC
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Have the Texans even made the playoffs? Yesterday was just a bad day all around for the Cowboys. Oh, when was ATM's last bowl win? Who cares, that has nothing to do with it. The Cowboys played crappy football yesterday and it showed on the scoreboard. TO has been good for this team and you can't argue with 27 TD's in 2 years, though I'm sure you will anyways. So go ahead, because we all know you know everything about everything, or at least you try to make it seem that way.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And your point was???

You said I posted nothing new yet you didn't know what happened in Philly with T.O.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$

TO never sold it, Lito broke on ball, picked it off & returned it a ways. Watch the replays again.

G ur confusing your INTS

on the second INT Owens ran a hitch route and Shepard jumped in front of the ball

On the third INT Owens ran a deep out and slipped to the ground and Dawkins intercepted

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sometimes.......I kinda wonder if g$$ is a time bomb!!:eek: :eek:

No offense g$$!!:devil:

well...he did say just two posts before you that he knows plenty about team cancer...experience??? :thinking: :thinking: :eek: :devil: ;)

g$$
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
If you understand basic football and watched the game/replays you would notice that Lito staired Tony down the entire play cause Tony because tony look at TO the whole play.

Watch the route genius. Romo did stare him down too - gotta get TO his touches right? Both at fault.

"Stair" does not equal "stare" btw too.

Neither does parody/parity!

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Watch the route genius. Romo did stare him down too - gotta get TO his touches right? Both at fault.

"Stair" does not equal "stare" btw too.

Neither does parody/parity! How is it TO's fault that the QB is staring him down? There are other progressions that Tony could have went to. Pathetic argument. It's an easy pick for a CB when a QB stares down a receiver. I guess since I was right on this and you were wrong you have to find something to crticize me about but oh well.

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Fallacies in this post:

1. Cameras did not show one instance of T.O. "throwing temper tantrums." If you watch any NFL game, you're going to see sideline shots of somebody on a team yelling. We've seen this before with T.O. when all of his teammates swear he's yelling nothing but positive things like "We can do this guys. Let's get it together."

2. His direct quote is "I love me some me." Not "I likes..."

3. Romo's "forced" balls that led to designed plays weren't all Romo trying to get T.O. the ball. On the Sheppard pick, that was a designed rollout and quick pass that Sheppard jumped. Happens every week in many games throughout the NFL...that's not a force; that's a designed play where the defender had a better read. Second INT was overthrown in the endzone; a strike most likely results in a TD (or a drop just for your sake). Third INT, T.O. falls down...if T.O. had stayed upright, there's no way we can say that that ball is absolutely still picked...batted down, possibly, but T.O. never had a shot on that play.

4. Things weren't going badly when T.O.'s Philly departure took place. They had just been in the Super Bowl the year before...did he blow up? Well, he did leave the team, but let's not pretend that Donovan McNabb wasn't just as vicious on the sidelines. T.O. and Romo have a far better relationship even outside of the lockerroom than he has ever had with a QB...let's not just entirely dismiss that as a relationship of convenience for Owens.

5. I don't see why there's a TBD on Owens...if you have to wait to pass judgement on him, then you should have to do the same with every player on the roster. If you're waiting on the end of his tenure in Dallas to make a determination as to his character, then you can't objectively look at it and assume that it's going to go bad, because if you're waiting for the end to pass judgement, then Emmitt Smith's career with Dallas should be severely tarnished as he had very harsh words when he was released and subsequently signed with Arizona. Nobody can deny that Owens has had a very good (I didn't say great) year and a half with Dallas since the infamous "suicide attempt."

6. Brett Favre is 1-2 in his last three home playoff games, and I don't see how the Packers chances to earn home field have anything to do with Owens being a ticking time bomb.

7. It will be 11 years since the Cowboys last playoff victory before they even have the opportunity to win a playoff game this season.

8. I still don't see why T.O. has to be a ticking bomb. He's said that his life really changed after he almost died last fall, and all the evidence that I've seen from his interviews with the media and the way his teammates talk about him lead me to believe that he really had made some significant changes in his life. Everybody who is close or around him claims it's the truth, so even if you don't want to believe T.O. himself, you have to at least listen to his teammates (which is a clear distinction between now and his previous stops).

1. Pattern of behavior everywhere he has been.

2. Same meaning = all about ME

3. Romo forced a bunch of balls. 1st pick was in endzone, not 2nd. 2nd pick to Sheppard, 3rd pick to Dawkins into double coverage high/low.

4. He was suspended & told to leave - big difference there. He did not leave on his own 2nd year in Philly after 7 games.

5. You're comparing Smith to Owens? Smith did not have a troublemaker attitude/reputation. Smith just did not know when to retire. He regrets going to Arizona too from what I have read.

6. What is Favre's all-time home record at Lambeau? Certainly not undefeated, but you are referencing 3 games only.

7. Well, more than 10, how's that?

8. Are you around him daily? Do you know him? I don't but know his track record. $25 million reasons to live right?

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
How is it TO's fault that the QB is staring him down? There are other progressions that Tony could have went to. Pathetic argument. It's an easy pick for a CB when a QB stares down a receiver. I guess since I was right on this and you were wrong you have to find something to crticize me about but oh well.

The point was both were at fault, as I said.

TO's route was garbage & Lito jumped it. Watch the stinking replay. And Romo didn't help either.

You were never right here on this subject. And you have still have English issues.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The point was both were at fault, as I said.

TO's route was garbage & Lito jumped it. Watch the stinking replay. And Romo didn't help either.

You were never right here on this subject. And you have still have English issues. How is it TO's fault that Garrett called the play and Tony stared him down?

It's hard to sell a short route like that. It's not like he's running a double move or anything.

Totally Romo's fault and not TO.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Tony Romo

13/36 for 214 yards
3 interceptions
0 touchdowns
36.1 completion %
22.2 QB rating

TO's fault, I think not!

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
How is it TO's fault that Garrett called the play and Tony stared him down?

It's hard to sell a short route like that. It's not like he's running a double move or anything.

Totally Romo's fault and not TO.

Poor decision by Romo - & not a physical mistake.

TO dropped his arms (did not keep them high throughout route), thus giving away he was about to stop & cut on the deep out. Lito then jumped it & picked it off. Both were at fault.

I thought you were once a WR? Elementary route running. TO got lazy & good DBs pick this stuff up.

I challenge you to watch the replay. I have numerous times & know what happened.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Poor decision by Romo - & not a physical mistake.

TO dropped his arms (did not keep them high throughout route), thus giving away he was about to stop & cut on the deep out. Lito then jumped it & picked it off. Both were at fault.

I thought you were once a WR? Elementary route running. TO got lazy & good DBs pick this stuff up.

I challenge you to watch the replay. I have numerous times & know what happened. You're thinking of the wrong play buddy. It's hard to sell a 6-8 yard hitch. You just have something against him so that is where your blame lies with him. Pathetic at the least.

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Tony Romo

13/36 for 214 yards
3 interceptions
0 touchdowns
36.1 completion %
22.2 QB rating

TO's fault, I think not!

Team game buddy.

OL
WRs/TEs
RBs
QB
Coaching

...all at fault for a poor effort. Give Philly some credit too. Jim Johnson's defenses are always stout.

JR2004
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Folks you can argue with Ol' Napoleon all day long. From what I gather of folks quoting him, he's been dead wrong on everything he said about TO from yesterday, but he won't stop. Just ignore the poor fella or you'll be here until two in the morning proving him wrong.

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
You're thinking of the wrong play buddy. It's hard to sell a 6-8 yard hitch.

No I am not. I challenge you to watch the replay.

Not a hitch but a deep out TO telegraphed on 2nd pick that Lito S. returned for Philly a ways.

Go watch it.

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Folks you can argue with Ol' Napoleon all day long. From what I gather of folks quoting him, he's been dead wrong on everything he said about TO from yesterday, but he won't stop. Just ignore the poor fella or you'll be here until two in the morning proving him wrong.

Since size is not an issue with me, you might want to stop the inaccurate name calling ASAP. Be glad to say hello anytime.

And where was I wrong TSF?

Did TO play great & Dallas win? Funny I can't recall that...

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
1. Pattern of behavior everywhere he has been.

2. Same meaning = all about ME

3. Romo forced a bunch of balls. 1st pick was in endzone, not 2nd. 2nd pick to Sheppard, 3rd pick to Dawkins into double coverage high/low.

4. He was suspended & told to leave - big difference there. He did not leave on his own 2nd year in Philly after 7 games.

5. You're comparing Smith to Owens? Smith did not have a troublemaker attitude/reputation. Smith just did not know when to retire. He regrets going to Arizona too from what I have read.

6. What is Favre's all-time home record at Lambeau? Certainly not undefeated, but you are referencing 3 games only.

7. Well, more than 10, how's that?

8. Are you around him daily? Do you know him? I don't but know his track record. $25 million reasons to live right?

1. Everywhere is an incorrect term because it's mutually exclusive in the sense that you're excluding his tenure with Dallas, which is clearly somewhere.

2. True, but you were wrong, and I've never heard you ever actually admit that you were wrong to anything, so I figured that was an easy chance.

3. Designed plays lead to forced balls. The Sheppard pick was a forced ball, but that was the only read on the side of the field that Romo rolled out on. I don't see how you blame T.O. for this in any way. Romo should have thrown the ball away, but you can't claim that he threw the ball to try to appease Owens...I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have bigger things on their mind this year than trying to keep T.O. happy, and there hasn't been the need to worry about that yet. He didn't get the ball much in Detroit, and he was perfectly fine with it. Why would that suddenly change? Because it's his ex-teammates? Weak argument at best considering he blew them up in the first matchup.

4. T.O. held out before being suspended and told to leave.

5. As I stated, if you're going to reserve judgement on T.O. until the end of his tenure and allow the end of his tenure to define your judgements, then you should seriously have some disdain for Emmitt. T.O. is doing things that no Cowboy has ever done at the wide receiver position. How long does it take for you to no longer think of him as a ticking time bomb? One year, not enough...almost two years, not enough...what's your cutoff at which point you'll say that T.O. is going to be fine? From everything I've read, you won't ever get to that point until he's left Dallas without blowing up, and all I'm saying is, at the end, MOST athletes blow up on their way out of town, the legendary Emmitt included.

6. Recent history is a far better indicator than long-term history. What's a more relevant statistic? The fact that the Bucs went 32 years without a kickoff return for a TD or the fact that they had one this week? If you're a team preparing to face the Bucs, the fact that they now have a returner who is capable is the only thign you're concerned about. Brett Favre could have a 998-2 record at Lambeau in the playoffs, and if he lost two of his last three, that would be the more significant statistic. No team is going to look at the overall record and say to themselves that they're doomed...they're going to look at the most recent records which indicate Favre is beatable on his home turf in the playoffs.

7. Once again, trying to be fair and honest here. Whether you were incorrect on a side that helps or hurts your argument, you were still incorrect.

8. I can promise you one thing; I have more personal connections and sources who are close to T.O. than you'll ever have, and there are plenty of people on this very board who can vouch for that.

And let's not forget that he fired his publicist after that heinous remark.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29415&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&seasonType=REG&week=15

Of the three interceptions shown in this TO slips on one route and the pass is intercepted by Dawkins. He made good moves on his route.

Another one is thrown into double coverage in the endzone.

On the other it is a hitch and Tony stares down the receiver and the CB breaks on it.

You are more wrong than you have ever been.

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM

betcha he doesn't admit it though...probably comes back with a "wrong guy, same difference" statement or something.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
betcha he doesn't admit it though...probably comes back with a "wrong guy, same difference" statement or something. I even provided visual evidence :D

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I even provided visual evidence :D

"In the NFL, you have to make a catch and maintain possession."

your visual evidence comment reminded me of that call yesterday that was pure greatness! :D

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
1. Everywhere is an incorrect term because it's mutually exclusive in the sense that you're excluding his tenure with Dallas, which is clearly somewhere.

2. True, but you were wrong, and I've never heard you ever actually admit that you were wrong to anything, so I figured that was an easy chance.

3. Designed plays lead to forced balls. The Sheppard pick was a forced ball, but that was the only read on the side of the field that Romo rolled out on. I don't see how you blame T.O. for this in any way. Romo should have thrown the ball away, but you can't claim that he threw the ball to try to appease Owens...I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have bigger things on their mind this year than trying to keep T.O. happy, and there hasn't been the need to worry about that yet. He didn't get the ball much in Detroit, and he was perfectly fine with it. Why would that suddenly change? Because it's his ex-teammates? Weak argument at best considering he blew them up in the first matchup.

4. T.O. held out before being suspended and told to leave.

5. As I stated, if you're going to reserve judgement on T.O. until the end of his tenure and allow the end of his tenure to define your judgements, then you should seriously have some disdain for Emmitt. T.O. is doing things that no Cowboy has ever done at the wide receiver position. How long does it take for you to no longer think of him as a ticking time bomb? One year, not enough...almost two years, not enough...what's your cutoff at which point you'll say that T.O. is going to be fine? From everything I've read, you won't ever get to that point until he's left Dallas without blowing up, and all I'm saying is, at the end, MOST athletes blow up on their way out of town, the legendary Emmitt included.

6. Recent history is a far better indicator than long-term history. What's a more relevant statistic? The fact that the Bucs went 32 years without a kickoff return for a TD or the fact that they had one this week? If you're a team preparing to face the Bucs, the fact that they now have a returner who is capable is the only thign you're concerned about. Brett Favre could have a 998-2 record at Lambeau in the playoffs, and if he lost two of his last three, that would be the more significant statistic. No team is going to look at the overall record and say to themselves that they're doomed...they're going to look at the most recent records which indicate Favre is beatable on his home turf in the playoffs.

7. Once again, trying to be fair and honest here. Whether you were incorrect on a side that helps or hurts your argument, you were still incorrect.

8. I can promise you one thing; I have more personal connections and sources who are close to T.O. than you'll ever have, and there are plenty of people on this very board who can vouch for that.

And let's not forget that he fired his publicist after that heinous remark.

I am not in the media, nor do I want to be. I have connections at A&M & with the Astros. Big deal. Media guys only know part of the story anyway. They have a job to do but are not part of the team.

1. Everywhere is what I meant. Watch & see.

2. The point was the same...likes/love whatever. He is an egomaniac. If I am wrong you will hear me say it. All about ME is what I meant & that is true.

3. Romo played poorly. We all know that. TO did too.

4. Was he suspended & told to leave? YES

5. I respect Emmitt, not TO. Poor comparison.

6. I'll take my chances with Favre at Lambeau in the dead of winter. And with CB Woodson healthy this time too.

7. Dallas has not won a playoff game in at least 10 years. This is year 11 right? They should break the streak soon. My statement was not entirely wrong.

8. Good for you, seriously. Neither one of us is on the team either. Publicist was a joke anyway. She had to go to save face.

So who was wrong on the INTs again? You had #1 & #2 mixed up, not me.

Funny how Cowboys' fans get all worked up concerning TO. The same guy they cursed when he danced on the star...& cheered George Teague for blasting him. You can't have it both ways.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$

3. Romo played poorly. We all know that. TO did too.

I don't want to go out on a limb or anything here but usually if a QB plays poorly that means the receivers are going to have bad stats and "play poorly."

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29415&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&seasonType=REG&week=15

Of the three interceptions shown in this TO slips on one route and the pass is intercepted by Dawkins. He made good moves on his route.

Another one is thrown into double coverage in the endzone.

On the other it is a hitch and Tony stares down the receiver and the CB breaks on it.

How?

1st pick was in end zone...I said that. No chance to complete that ball.

2nd pick was to Lito S. on sideline...I said that & it was a poor route. I have not watched your video yet, but who cares? Maybe it was a hitch, if so I am wrong, but I remember it being an out. Either way poor route giving it away. Hitch is a comeback route, & don't remember TO working back to the ball.

3rd pick was thrown into double coverage & slipping had nothing to do with it. It was either going to be picked or batted down. Poor throw either way behind him & into coverage to a receiver not open. Aikman sure agreed with me.

So where was I so wrong? Did Dallas come back & win overnight?

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$

2nd pick was to Lito S. on sideline...I said that & it was a poor route. I have not watched your video yet, but who cares? Maybe it was a hitch, if so I am wrong, but I remember it being an out.

who cares? clearly you do or you wouldn't have argued the point with him for two pages until he provided proof that you were wrong.

and since I'm going home and don't have time to sit and correct you on your reply to me, I'll just say that you contradict yourself in your arguments, and you're flat wrong on some of them.

And with that, I'm done speaking to you for the evening.

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
who cares? clearly you do or you wouldn't have argued the point with him for two pages until he provided proof that you were wrong.

and since I'm going home and don't have time to sit and correct you on your reply to me, I'll just say that you contradict yourself in your arguments, and you're flat wrong on some of them.

And with that, I'm done speaking to you for the evening.

Hitch or out - I will watch it again but that is not the point. Poor route, poor decision = INT

Where have I contradicted myself? Let's hear it.

Dallas is 12-2, relax.

Y'all can swing from TO's jock all day, no thanks here. I find him to be a despicable human being, albeit a very talented football player. Nothing but a ticking time bomb egomaniac certain to explode when things go south. Track record says so too.

wedo
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Dude you obviously see what you want to see! You come on here to bash the Cowboys and T.O. cuz you know there are a lot of Cowboys fans here on this board! But as soon as someone says one minor negative thing towards A&m or anything that you like and or team you root for (I know this is not in this converstation its just an example, before you try and be Mr. English Teacher) You get your panties in a bundle!!!

O and Mr. NFL anylist you would have never noticed T.O. dropping his arms to telegraph a pass if you didn't watch NFL Gameday on the NFLN!

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by g$$
How?

1st pick was in end zone...I said that. No chance to complete that ball.

2nd pick was to Lito S. on sideline...I said that & it was a poor route. I have not watched your video yet, but who cares? Maybe it was a hitch, if so I am wrong, but I remember it being an out. Either way poor route giving it away. Hitch is a comeback route, & don't remember TO working back to the ball.

3rd pick was thrown into double coverage & slipping had nothing to do with it. It was either going to be picked or batted down. Poor throw either way behind him & into coverage to a receiver not open. Aikman sure agreed with me.

So where was I so wrong? Did Dallas come back & win overnight?

Troy Aikman pretty much said it was Romo's fault on the last two ints...On the rollout one that Lito intercepted, he said Romo never even thought about going somewhere else with the ball, and that he locked on to TO which allowed Lito to break on the ball before TO was even out of his route

On the last one, again he made the point that even if TO does not slip, the BEST case would be that Owens keeps Dawkins from intercepting

Romo made bad reads, reverted a bit to Buffalo game where he tried to force everything down the field..BUT Phily also did a great job of eliminating Barber as an outlet reciever for dump offs

Garrett got away from the running game WAY to early, and never allowed the ground game to pick up the pass game. The LBs were into passing lanes before Romo could even complete his dropbacks because they were not afraid of the run.

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Dude you obviously see what you want to see! You come on here to bash the Cowboys and T.O. cuz you know there are a lot of Cowboys fans here on this board! But as soon as someone says one minor negative thing towards A&m or anything that you like and or team you root for (I know this is not in this converstation its just an example, before you try and be Mr. English Teacher) You get your panties in a bundle!!!

O and Mr. NFL anylist you would have never noticed T.O. dropping his arms to telegraph a pass if you didn't watch NFL Gameday on the NFLN!

I never played in the NFL granted, but I do know football. I did not see it until I watched the iso replays. TO ran a poor route plain & simple. The wide shot does not show all 22 players. I was a receiver once upon a time too, & selling your routes by keeping arms high throughout is taught at lower levels too. Dropping them gives it away that you are about to stop & cut. Same with footwork. Again, I am not a former NFL player, but that is fairly basic. TO knows that, he got lazy.

I love the NFL Network. Gives you more camera shots & coaching points. No doubt about that.

I just find it funny how Cowboys' fans get so worked up & defend the same guy they once cursed. If that means in a "bundle", so be it.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I just find it funny how Cowboys' fans get so worked up & defend the same guy they once cursed. If that means in a "bundle", so be it. Because that is how God wants it. You are supposed to forgive. You can't live in the past. You have to live in the now to pave the way to the future ;).

g$$
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Troy Aikman pretty much said it was Romo's fault on the last two ints...On the rollout one that Lito intercepted, he said Romo never even thought about going somewhere else with the ball, and that he locked on to TO which allowed Lito to break on the ball before TO was even out of his route

On the last one, again he made the point that even if TO does not slip, the BEST case would be that Owens keeps Dawkins from intercepting

Romo made bad reads, reverted a bit to Buffalo game where he tried to force everything down the field..BUT Phily also did a great job of eliminating Barber as an outlet reciever for dump offs

Garrett got away from the running game WAY to early, and never allowed the ground game to pick up the pass game. The LBs were into passing lanes before Romo could even complete his dropbacks because they were not afraid of the run.

Agreed. Romo played poorly in all aspects, but TO was not stellar either. Philly played well on defense as usual under Jim Johnson. He is a very highly paid & respected asst. for a reason.

And 15 rushes is just unacceptable. Garrett had a bad game too. I still say TO had somehting to do with that, maybe subconsciously, trying to get him involved since his 1st catch came in the 3rd Q.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$
[Bmore camera shots & coaching points. No doubt about that.

I just find it funny how Cowboys' fans get so worked up & defend the same guy they once cursed. If that means in a "bundle", so be it. [/B]

I never cursed TO, always thought the stunt on the star was overblown by Cowboy fans who were just bitter Dallas was a bad team

Always thought he is a fun WR to watch

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. Romo played poorly in all aspects, but TO was not stellar either. Philly played well on defense as usual under Jim Johnson. He is a very highly paid & respected asst. for a reason.

And 15 rushes is just unacceptable. Garrett had a bad game too. I still say TO had somehting to do with that, maybe subconsciously, trying to get him involved since his 1st catch came in the 3rd Q. Again not to go out on a limb but a receiver won't be stellar is a qb isn't doing good.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$

And 15 rushes is just unacceptable. Garrett had a bad game too. I still say TO had somehting to do with that, maybe subconsciously, trying to get him involved since his 1st catch came in the 3rd Q.

Ur making an assumption with no fact behind it...Romo tried to throw it to Sam Hurd a bunch as well, so I guess Hurd was angry and Garrett needed to get him involved

IMO the first pass play that was a just missed force Philly to bracket the WR, that is why Romo did not hit ANY..I repeat ANY WR until 3rd Q

A couple of crossing routes if Romo waits a second they come out the other end wide open, but he was to anxious and threw it to early

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Again not to go out on a limb but a receiver won't be stellar is a qb isn't doing good.

He can still give 100% effort. There are other ways to help a team. His drop was a big play too - probably a 40+ yd. gain catch & run. And, you can be a good teammate & fiery competitor without ranting & raving on the sideline showing up teammates.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He can still give 100% effort. There are other ways to help a team. His drop was a big play too - probably a 40+ yd. gain catch & run. And, you can be a good teammate & fiery competitor without ranting & raving on the sideline showing up teammates.

Again, your assuming he was ranting but you have no idea what was being said

I guess Flozell Adams is a bad teammate as well because you could hear him ON THE MIC yelling at a teammate

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I never cursed TO, always thought the stunt on the star was overblown by Cowboy fans who were just bitter Dallas was a bad team

Always thought he is a fun WR to watch

Most Cowboys' fans did though - & now cheer that same guy!

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Most Cowboys' fans did though - & now cheer that same guy! You chastice me for generalizing Aggies yet you generalize cowboy fans. hypocrit.

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Again, your assuming he was ranting but you have no idea what was being said

I guess Flozell Adams is a bad teammate as well because you could hear him ON THE MIC yelling at a teammate

I saw TO say "God------ get me the ball" once on the bench. Yes, Adams was yelling at Davis on a failed blitz pick-up. But Adams has not made a living doing that stuff for years either for all to see.

I am not ever going to defend a guy like TO with a proven track record for destroying teams by being ME guy.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I saw TO say "God------ get me the ball" once on the bench. Yes, Adams was yelling at Davis on a failed blitz pick-up. But Adams has not made a living doing that stuff for years either for all to see.

I am not ever going to defend a guy like TO with a proven track record for destroying teams by being ME guy. Unless you are a professional speechreader you have 0 credibility by saying what you think he said without actual audio evidence.

g$$
You chastice me for generalizing Aggies yet you generalize cowboy fans. hypocrit.

That's b/c your generalizations are usually wrong concerning A&M. Like all we care about is beating Texas - wrong, if that were true Fran would still have a job after 2 wins in a row.

Did most Cowboys' fans rail on TO after the star dance or not? Do most cheer him now? Now that is hypocritical to me.

Old Tiger
Originally posted by g$$
That's b/c your generalizations are usually wrong concerning A&M. Like all we care about is beating Texas - wrong, if that were true Fran would still have a job after 2 wins in a row.

Did most Cowboys' fans rail on TO after the star dance or not? Do most cheer him now? Now that is hypocritical to me. And youre generalization of cowboy fans hating to is wrong.

g$$
Unless you are a professional speechreader you have 0 credibility by saying what you think he said without actual audio evidence.

Audio was included, thanks. Happened when he threw the towel while sitting on the bench in 2nd half.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Audio was included, thanks. Please provide the audio evidence then.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Most Cowboys' fans did though - & now cheer that same guy!

That is because as a fan they are cheering the name on the front of the Jersey instead of the name on the back

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Please provide the audio evidence then.

I have no idea how to find that, & don't really care to waste the time. Fox did the game, call or google them. You can look all you want Chief. Clearly could read his lips with muffled audio on the feed.

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:15 PM
That is because as a fan they are cheering the name on the front of the Jersey instead of the name on the back

With no regard for human decency, morals, ethics, or scruples.

Sad reflection of society.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I have no idea how to find that, & don't really care to waste the time. Fox did the game, call or google them. You can look all you want Chief. Clearly could read his lips with muffled audio on the feed. I need decisive evidence and not just muffled audio and you're assumption of what he said.

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
And youre generalization of cowboy fans hating to is wrong.

No it's not. Answer the question...

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I need decisive evidence and not just muffled audio and you're assumption of what he said.

Then have at it. See what you can find.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Then have at it. See what you can find. You are the one saying you know what he said and all this bullcrap. I asked you to provide evidence and the best you got is find it yourself, typical.

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Audio was included, thanks. Happened when he threw the towel while sitting on the bench in 2nd half.

Right there. Find it with all your knowledge of computers.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Right there. Find it with all your knowledge of computers. Once again you came here with these accusations so therefore you should provide us with the proof instead of just going with a typical g$$ answer in "find it yourself."

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Once again you came here with these accusations so therefore you should provide us with the proof instead of just going with a typical g$$ answer in "find it yourself."

You are more well-versed in that area. I told you the time frame & chain of events. I don't know where to find that stuff, seriously.

I know what I saw & heard.

g$$
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Correction:

Romo's 2nd INT on the sideline to Lito S. was a deep (10-12 yds.)hitch, not an out route. I incorrectly thought it had been an out. He turned inside & not outside. I watched it again & stand corrected.

But, point is still the same. TO did not sell the route & dropped his arms, signifying he was about to stop. He also failed to work back to the ball.

And, Romo forced the ball to him & it was a poor decision.

We can argue about it all day, but poor route & even worse decision by Romo, thus 2nd pick of day on the way to 3.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Correction:

Romo's 2nd INT on the sideline to Lito S. was a deep (10-12 yds.)hitch, not an out route. I incorrectly thought it had been an out. He turned inside & not outside. I watched it again & stand corrected.

But, point is still the same. TO did not sell the route & dropped his arms, signifying he was about to stop. He also failed to work back to the ball.

And, Romo forced the ball to him & it was a poor decision.

We can argue about it all day, but poor route & even worse decision by Romo, thus 2nd pick of day on the way to 3. You are wrong yet again. It wasn't a 10-12 yard hitch it was a 4-6 yard hitch the ball was at the 40 it was a throw to the 35.

You could argue all day about it but when it comes down to it we were right and you were wrong.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:13 PM
You are wrong yet again. It wasn't a 10-12 yard hitch it was a 4-6 yard hitch the ball was at the 40 it was a throw to the 35.

You could argue all day about it but when it comes down to it we were right and you were wrong.

I just watched it on ESPN - longer than that. I can check yd. lines if you wish. Hitch or out, it = 2nd INT. He turned to the inside but failed to work back to the ball too.

How was I so wrong? It was a hitch or stop, correct, but who cares? It was a poor route & even worse decision. And I stand by everything I posted.

We're arguing details. Dallas lost, period.

You just want to feel better about yourself.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I just watched it on ESPN - longer than that. I can check yd. lines if you wish. Hitch or out, it = 2nd INT. He turned to the inside but failed to work back to the ball too.

How was I so wrong? It was a hitch or stop, correct, but who cares? It was a poor route & even worse decision. And I stand by everything I posted.

You just want to feel better about yourself. There is not much you can do to throw a defender off of a simple 6 yard hitch. If it was a 10-12 yard hitch you can sell the 9 route better but it was not it was a 6. So i do not see how you can say a 6 yard hitch was a poor route.

big daddy russ
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm a Texans fan who hates the Cowboys as much as anyone, but I've stuck up for TO for a long time. The media reads way too much into stuff that's pretty much a non-issue with him. If the relationship between him and McNabb was so bad, would they have talked as much as they did after TO left for Dallas? Would Donovan have been among the first of the Eagles to visit him in the hospital during his "suicide attempt?"

None of that adds up in my mind. Tabloid journalism at its finest, and most of the viewing public has fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. I hope we all enjoy removing the speck from TO's eye, but that plank sure is weighing me down.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
There is not much you can do to throw a defender off of a simple 6 yard hitch. If it was a 10-12 yard hitch you can sell the 9 route better but it was not it was a 6. So i do not see how you can say a 6 yard hitch was a poor route.

Did he work back to the ball? Did he drop his arms showing he was about to stop or did he keep them up throughout? Was the CB on his hip or jumped the route? A 9 route is a fade or go route, it was not a double move, so of course he didn't sell that. It was a stop route.

And Romo forced the ball too.

I will watch it again later so you can sleep better.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm a Texans fan who hates the Cowboys as much as anyone, but I've stuck up for TO for a long time. The media reads way too much into stuff that's pretty much a non-issue with him. If the relationship between him and McNabb was so bad, would they have talked as much as they did after TO left for Dallas? Would Donovan have been among the first of the Eagles to visit him in the hospital during his "suicide attempt?"

None of that adds up in my mind. Tabloid journalism at its finest, and most of the viewing public has fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. I hope we all enjoy removing the speck from TO's eye, but that plank sure is weighing me down.

McNabb mocked him yesterday after a big play. Russ, you know they don't like each other. Donovan can still be a good person though & take the high road.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Did he work back to the ball? Did he drop his arms showing he was about to stop or did he keep them up throughout? Was the CB on his hip or jumped the route? A 9 route is a fade or go route, it was not a double move, so of course he didn't sell that. It was a stop route.

And Romo forced the ball too.

I will watch it again later so you can sleep better. They were running either cover 4 or loose man in the play. Lito was watching Romo's eyes the whole way not even looking at owens. So therefore it didn't matter how TO ran the route.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
They were running either cover 4 or loose man in the play. Lito was watching Romo's eyes the whole way not even looking at owens. So therefore it didn't matter how TO ran the route.

Wrong. Guess a former coach like Mariucci & future HOF Deion Danders are wrong, & you are right. He ran a poor route. You are excusing a poor route b/c you worship him. Romo made a poor decision to boot.

It wasn't Cover 4 either. They ran a lot of man free & Cover 2 mostly the whole game.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wrong. Guess a former coach like Mariucci is wrong, & you are right. He ran a poor route. You are excusing a poor route b/c you worship him. Romo made a poor decision to boot.

It wasn't Cover 4 either. They ran a lot of man free & Cover 2 mostly the whole game. Just as a said they were running loose man on that particular play. Lito wasn't looking at TO. Lito was looking at Romo and read romo the entire play. Regardless of how good TO's route was this pass is intercepted regardless.

big daddy russ
12-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
McNabb mocked him yesterday after a big play. Russ, you know they don't like each other. Donovan can still be a good person though & take the high road.
I didn't see yesterday, but I did see an interview two years ago in which McNabb said that they still get along and talk, and that everything was blown way out of proportion.

I'm not close to the situation, but everything I've seen says otherwise.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Just as a said they were running loose man on that particular play. Lito wasn't looking at TO. Lito was looking at Romo and read romo the entire play. Regardless of how good TO's route was this pass is intercepted regardless.

Man free & Cover 4 are not the same buddy!

Ball should not have been thrown, but still a poor route.

Watch the breakdown on NFL Network from different camera angles later & get back with me.

Replay at 11:30 PM "GameDay".

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Man free & Cover 4 are not the same buddy!

Ball should not have been thrown, but still a poor route.

Watch the breakdown on NFL Network from different camera angles later & get back with me.

Replay at 11:30 PM "GameDay". I said they were running cover 4 OR loose man. The corner was lined up 8 yards off the ball in the man free coverage. They had linebacker help underneath on the slot receiver. Lito was looking Romo down the whole play and wasn't even looking at TO and Romo was looking TO down the whole play. Lito read Romo and reacted to the pass and got the interception. It wouldn't matter how good that route was ran because Romo got caught staring down the receiver. Romo's fault and definately not TO's.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I said they were running cover 4 OR loose man. The corner was lined up 8 yards off the ball in the man free coverage. They had linebacker help underneath on the slot receiver. Lito was looking Romo down the whole play and wasn't even looking at TO and Romo was looking TO down the whole play. Lito read Romo and reacted to the pass and got the interception. It wouldn't matter how good that route was ran because Romo got caught staring down the receiver. Romo's fault and definately not TO's.

Disagree, tired of talking about it. Watch the show I told you about & get back with me. Ball should not have been thrown, but still poor route.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Disagree, tired of talking about it. Watch the show I told you about & get back with me. Ball should not have been thrown, but still poor route. I gues you didn't check out the clip from the NFL website that I provided thus proving that you are more wrong. That is where i got my visuals from. You are tired of taking about it because you are wrong and I am right on this scenario. Take your loss and be gone.

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Bottom line is I think G$$ knows his sports. But I have never seen anyone in my life be more negative about people he doesnt like. He doesnt like UT he is extremly negative and I feel so bad for the dead horse. Poor thing is beat in the ground like no other. He doesnt like T.O. he just looks for stuff he does wrong. Next thing he will post is OMG T.O. went to the bathroom and when he was done he shook it three times that means hes about to blow up Cowboys fans. Seriously dude I have never seen anyone in my life be so extremly negative about things he didnt like.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I gues you didn't check out the clip from the NFL website that I provided thus proving that you are more wrong. That is where i got my visuals from. You are tired of taking about it because you are wrong and I am right on this scenario. Take your loss and be gone.

I watched it on tv, not your clip. I stand by what I said.

And just tired of you, not the topic.

g$$
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Bottom line is I think G$$ knows his sports. But I have never seen anyone in my life be more negative about people he doesnt like. He doesnt like UT he is extremly negative and I feel so bad for the dead horse. Poor thing is beat in the ground like no other. He doesnt like T.O. he just looks for stuff he does wrong. Next thing he will post is OMG T.O. went to the bathroom and when he was done he shook it three times that means hes about to blow up Cowboys fans. Seriously dude I have never seen anyone in my life be so extremly negative about things he didnt like.

Thanks.

I don't like the man as a person, but when I post about football or other sports, then that is all sports. I can separate the 2 & give credit where it's due. He's a very talented player & just as big of a horse's rear.

I respect Texas too - have a niece & nephew playing ball there now. Lots of family grads from UT too. But I'm an Aggie grad, so it is what it is. I applied to both schools after juco baseball & CHOSE A&M for a reason. I had friends there & liked the school. I was accepted to both & never regretted it one time.

g$$
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Take your loss and be gone.

What loss? I watched it again & said it was a hitch, not out route. Big deal. Where was I so wrong? And what loss?

Dallas lost, I know that.

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks.

I don't like the man as a person, but when I post about football or other sports, then that is all sports. I can separate the 2 & give credit where it's due. He's a very talented player & just as big of a horse's rear.

I respect Texas too - have a niece & nephew playing ball there now. But I'm an Aggie grad, so it is what it is. I applied to both schools after juco baseball & CHOSE A&M for a reason. I had friends there & liked the school. I was accepted to both. Well congradulations on your acceptance. I could care less about the argument about T.O. Im just simply stating you come on here and start threads calling people out and you know you are going to get a backlash. You dont come on here to debate you get on here and try to start threads just to pick a big argument. I mean I respect your opionions but the way you go about it is rude and flat out uncivil.

g$$
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Well congradulations on your acceptance. I could care less about the argument about T.O. Im just simply stating you come on here and start threads calling people out and you know you are going to get a backlash. You dont come on here to debate you get on here and try to start threads just to pick a big argument. I mean I respect your opionions but the way you go about it is rude and flat out uncivil.

I was just giving you a background on the big picture. Texas & I go way back since I was a kid going to games & meeting Earl Campbell. I respect the school, just not where I wanted to attend.

I started the thread to state my opinion. Cowboys' fans just get worked up. That is free speech, not being uncivil.

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I was just giving you a background on the big picture. Texas & I go way back since I was a kid going to games & meeting Earl Campbell. I respect the school, just not where I wanted to attend.

I started the thread to state my opinion. Cowboys' fans just get worked up. That is free speech, not being uncivil. Yea its free speech but you were hunting an argument and everyone knows it. I dont have a problem with you but this trying to play "the bad guy" thing your always doing on here gets really old. However, if you want to continue being the big brownish underwear stain of 3adownlow be my guest im done

thewyliefan
12-17-2007, 09:36 PM
g$$....its getting very old, do you have nothing else to do? why not just let people think what they want just like how you want everyone else to do w/ you and be done w/ it. there is no progress being made here......and besides......everyone but you on here is right:)

Jack_Daniels
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Owens is a special talent. They were very smart to get him. Jones is no fool. The Cowboys had a tough day. Every team has them. The Pats played through 2 games like this and won. The Cowboys happened to lose with some injuries. The Cowboys are alive and well. The road to the SB still goes through Big D. Phillips is driving. Romo and TO are in the front seat leading the way. Dallas returns to its rightful place atop of the NFL. And yes they will win the SB.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$

You just want to feel better about yourself.

You sat there and defended yourself for the longest time but when you found out you were wrong you went with the "who cares" line. Your arguments are laughable. I imagine people keep arguing with you to chuckle every time you put something else on the thread.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm sure you have SO many connections as well...that's the first thing anybody says on an internet message board. :rolleyes:

Your sources are probably the official athletic sites that anybody can access

thewyliefan
12-17-2007, 11:42 PM
haha nfl.com much?