PDA

View Full Version : BOYS BASKETBALL: #15 Madisonville @ #8 Navasota, 7:30 Tonight

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
This should be a good matchup tonight. The Rattlers finally have all their players playing. I will update tonight on the outcome for the freshmen, JV, and Varsity games.

Go Snakes!

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
This should be a good matchup tonight. The Rattlers finally have all their players playing. I will update tonight on the outcome for the freshmen, JV, and Varsity games.

Go Snakes! im very interested in this being we are having a good season and could see either one of these teams. Madisonville has really surprised me getting off to such a good start definitely keep me posted.

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im very interested in this being we are having a good season and could see either one of these teams. Madisonville has really surprised me getting off to such a good start definitely keep me posted.

Yeah, Madisonville is off to a great start. I think that they are underfeated at 13-0 or 14-0.. Navasota is somewhere round 6-2. One loss coming against Waller when the football team was still playing. The other loss came to the hands of Coldspring by the score of 70-68. The Rattlers played Bay City on Saturday with their full team for the first time this season and won 72-39. However, Bay City is really down this year.

Navasota's Freshmen are still underfeated as they have won the Montgomery and Huntsville Tournaments.

The JV is doing ok also. They really lack a great point gaurd. Other than that, all of the pieces are in place for them to be a great team.

Johnny Utah
12-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Madisonville is well coached, and ATHLETIC as all get out. As is Navasota. Mad's coach, even though he is bald and an aggie, can coach them up! Should be a great contest!!!

mistanice
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Madisonville is well coached, and ATHLETIC as all get out. As is Navasota. Mad's coach, even though he is bald and an aggie, can coach them up! Should be a great contest!!!

Did Madisonville's HC ever coach at Lufkin-Hudson? Name sounds familiar

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM

Sorry, Navasota or Madisonville's coach is bald and an aggie?

Johnny Utah
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Madisonvilles coach, and yes, he was at Lufkin Hudson at one time.

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Madisonvilles coach, and yes, he was at Lufkin Hudson at one time.

oh Ok....Madisonville has always had great athletes just as Navasota. No matter if the two towns are playing each other in Little Dribblers, Junior High, or High School, it is always a good game. I am really looking foward to this matchup. I think Navasota has had the edge over the last few years as they have beaten the Mustangs in the regular season matchup and in the tournament that the Mustangs hosts.

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Madisonvilles coach, and yes, he was at Lufkin Hudson at one time. who did they get this year i knew the job was open but never heard who they hired

Johnny Utah
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
He is a legend!!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Varisty Score

Navasota 75
Madisonville 66, Final

A good game as expected. From the start, I felt that the game was being played with alot of emotions as two technical fouls were called during the game. This game felt like a well heated rivalry that matched Navasota and Brenham. Well, sort off, lol. Madisonville really worked hard to protect their undefeated record.

As far as the Rattlers go, they are looking better each game. I really thought that they could have ran away with this game, but when you shoot 4 for 20 or so from the free throw line, it is hard to do so. I really like what I am seeing from the Rattlers. As the season continues, I expect Adam Mason to get stronger as he is coming off a season ending knee injury a year ago. In addition, if the Rattlers can get some of the outside shots to fall from some of their guards, they will really blossom. Jersey Gates, a sophomore guard, is a great player. At this point, he is out of rythme on the offensive side thus this is affecting his all around play drastically. Once he gets some of his shots to fall, he too will begin to play alot better. I really think that Navasota should work to get him some easy shots early. Once he is hot, he is hotttt! I would also like to see Jacoby Stolkes take more shots. He is a good shooter, but he doens't look for his shot as he should. The Rattlers post play is strong also. Junior's Dexter Pratt, Jarray Blackshear, and Brandall Jackson and 6'6" sophomore post Aleon Calhoun are dominating their opponents.

Madisonville has strong guard play. #5 is the leader of the team as is he the leading scorer. #32, also a guard, is very cocky. He is very competitive and doesn't back down from anyone. I really like the heart that he shows on the court. As far as post play, I think that Madisonville could be more dominate than what they showed tonight. They really have some height. Add the guard play, their height, and the strenght that they show from the Waley brothers, they will be a team to watch come playoffs. Also, just as the Rattlers, Madisonville should work on their defense. Especially when they play man. The only way that they stopped Navasota's gaurd #5 Mock was by fouling him besides Mock stopping himself with turnovers.

Junior Varsity

Navasota 66
Madisonville 54, Final

Freshmen

Navasota
Madisonville

The freshmen remain undefeated. I call them SHOWTIME. They are really impressive.

mistanice
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
who did they get this year i knew the job was open but never heard who they hired

Brian Thurmond, I believe is his name. He coached at Hudson in the early 2000's. Great coach, Won a few district championships and some regional appearances. I always felt if he were at a school with more athletes, he'd do really well.

HEMOTOXIC
12-18-2007, 12:02 AM
CORRECTION

Navasota Varisty is 6-1. The Waller game that is reported by Texas Prep is incorrect. In fact, it never occured since both teams was still playing football.

The JV is 5-2.

The Freshmen has lost 1 game. They lost to 5A Channelview in the Montgomey tournament.

Sorry for the incorrect data. Hey, I just finished finals, lol.:D

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 12:16 AM
I figured Navasota would take this. I was surprised to see Madisonville off to such a good start I figured they probably just handt played anybody I hope were able to beat them once district starts. I think it will be Fairfield Madisonville and Palestine in the playoffs from our district.

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Good job! :clap:

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good job! :clap: were taking lh out this year