PDA

View Full Version : Eating crow? Not me and why

Buckeye1980
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
ok, I am a Buckeye fan, and I did pick Gilmer to win....so why should I eat crow?

Reason why I will not eat crow

1. Show me Tatum fan who did not pick Tatum
2. Show me a Cuero fan who did not pick Cuero

You get the message ....

Gilmer LOST ...I admit it , lost to a better team
But if I remember right, they were in the State Championship Game
How many teams wish they lost the state champioship game instead of not even being there?
Liberty Hill from what I was told ( I was not there ) is a class program and a great TEAM, as is Gilmer , the only difference Liberty Hill one won more game. I feel as if there are many players on BOTH teams that will accomplish much more in life. I am proud to say I am a Buckeye fan. I am proud to say I am a United States citizen where we can boast and be proud of our schools, towns and whatever we want to boast about....but eat crow...not me , I will always believe in my Buckeyes, just like you will always believe in your team......great job Liberty Hill , good luck in the future, except when you play my Buckeyes...I think you understand

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I have said this before..but here is my Crow Eating Rules

We all know with the play-offs rolling along the biggest meal in Texas being served each weekend is crow in all forms

Grilled Crow
Bar-B-Q Crow
Crow gumbo
Baked Crow
Crow Fajitas
Filet Crow

and so on

BUT I feel some are eating crow FOR NO REASON..here is MY PERSONAL Rules on when to eat and not eat crow

You DONT eat Crow when.....

The team that loses is YOUR hometown or adopted team. This means you have to followed them for at least 5 years or been to at least 5 games in the year as a FAN of the team.

The reason you dont have to eat crow then is because this is YOUR team, as a homer your SUPPOSED to talk up the qualities of the team and how they could whip the 1985 Chicago Bears with ease. This is what HOMER fans do, so your not having to be humble for having pride in your team as long as your not being malicisious towards the opponent. I expect nothing less from a true fan of a team

WHEN TO EAT CROW
When as a third party you come in and start spouting off about a team and how they will EASILY win with no problems...That is when you have to be humble and admit defeat because you picked a side in a fight that was not your own and acted like a homer fan only to see the team get beat..THAT is when someone needs a big ole serving of humble induced Crow.

Thanks and have a great day

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56720&highlight=Eating+Crow

DUKE22
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey as a Snyder fan I aint sayin nothing to you. After Saturday we have no room to talk. Besides if I did say something then DUstud would post that scoreboard from 2004 that us Snyder folks love so much. Hey great season, and good luck next year.

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
ok, I am a Buckeye fan, and I did pick Gilmer to win....so why should I eat crow?

Reason why I will not eat crow

1. Show me Tatum fan who did not pick Tatum
2. Show me a Cuero fan who did not pick Cuero

You get the message ....

Gilmer LOST ...I admit it , lost to a better team
But if I remember right, they were in the State Championship Game
How many teams wish they lost the state champioship game instead of not even being there?
Liberty Hill from what I was told ( I was not there ) is a class program and a great TEAM, as is Gilmer , the only difference Liberty Hill one won more game. I feel as if there are many players on BOTH teams that will accomplish much more in life. I am proud to say I am a Buckeye fan. I am proud to say I am a United States citizen where we can boast and be proud of our schools, towns and whatever we want to boast about....but eat crow...not me , I will always believe in my Buckeyes, just like you will always believe in your team......great job Liberty Hill , good luck in the future, except when you play my Buckeyes...I think you understand :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

WHEN TO EAT CROW
When as a third party you come in and start spouting off about a team and how they will EASILY win with no problems...That is when you have to be humble and admit defeat because you picked a side in a fight that was not your own and acted like a homer fan only to see the team get beat..THAT is when someone needs a big ole serving of humble induced Crow.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/band.jpg
Then they would be one of these.:devil: :devil:

Big Papa
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
The reason you dont have to eat crow then is because this is YOUR team, as a homer your SUPPOSED to talk up the qualities of the team and how they could whip the 1985 Chicago Bears with ease. This is what HOMER fans do, so your not having to be humble for having pride in your team as long as your not being malicisious towards the opponent. I expect nothing less from a true fan of a team

see i kinda disagree with this part....theres nothing wrong with being a true fan...but sometimes these true fans go over the top with their love for their team...in these instances then crow is a good thing

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
see i kinda disagree with this part....theres nothing wrong with being a true fan...but sometimes these true fans go over the top with their love for their team...in these instances then crow is a good thing

I agree!! Snydertigersrul and Snyder325Tigers are both from Snyder and should both eat crow IMO!!

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree!! Snydertigersrul and Snyder325Tigers are both from Snyder and should both eat crow IMO!!

Snyder Fans are the exception to my rule..they should eat crow even when they win :devil:

Emerson1
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
How about we just never use the phrase again?

Sweetwater Red
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Snyder Fans should eat crow even when they win :devil:

Which won't be to often next year.:thinking: :D :devil:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Snyder Fans are the exception to my rule..they should eat crow even when they win :devil: lol

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Snyder Fans are the exception to my rule..they should eat crow even when they win :devil: :foul: :foul: :foul: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

DUKE22
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Which won't be to often next year.:thinking: :D :devil: We will have some big shoes to fill especially at TB, and QB. However our best lineman is back and our best defensive ball player is back. Our Soph class next year is loaded with skill kids. This year will be hard to match but next year is for sure not going to be an all out rebuilding year.

lostaussie
12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm not eating no crow. I saw this train wreck coming. when we ran the opening kickoff back my wife asked me why I wasn't excited. My simple reply was "they haven't had the ball yet". I still give kudos to "my boys". On a different day, with no wind and a healthy QB, MAYBE we could have made a game of it. on this day, it wasn't meant to happen, and without a doubt, the best team won. I don't know if has been brought up as I haven't read many of the threads, but I do appreciate LH for not sticking it in one more time at the end. you guys played well and deserve all the accolades you are recieving:clap::clap:

sinton66
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I'm not eating no crow. I saw this train wreck coming. when we ran the opening kickoff back my wife asked me why I wasn't excited. My simple reply was "they haven't had the ball yet". I still give kudos to "my boys". On a different day, with no wind and a healthy QB, MAYBE we could have made a game of it. on this day, it wasn't meant to happen, and without a doubt, the best team won. I don't know if has been brought up as I haven't read many of the threads, but I do appreciate LH for not sticking it in one more time at the end. you guys played well and deserve all the accolades you are recieving:clap::clap:

I used to get a big laugh at my wife back in the early 90's when Sinton ran the wing-t. We would sit in the stands and she would complain that she never could follow the ball. I'd just say "You don't understand, that's a GOOD thing!":D

Hill Man
12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I used to get a big laugh at my wife back in the early 90's when Sinton ran the wing-t. We would sit in the stands and she would complain that she never could follow the ball. I'd just say "You don't understand, that's a GOOD thing!":D

Ditto

sinton66
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
That is my favorite offense. We tried real hard to go back to it this year but alas, it didn't work out.:(

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
That is my favorite offense. We tried real hard to go back to it this year but alas, it didn't work out.:(
It worked out just fine, IMO. :devil: :devil: (Just not for Sinton.... :( )

sinton66
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Hee hee, I'm happy for yall it worked out the way it did. I can assure you though, he would have been very welcome here.;)