PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Liberty Hill players...

Phantom Stang
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Are there any Liberty Hill Players that you feel should be getting offers from D1 schools?

If so, then why do you think it's not happening?

Phantom Stang
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
No replies??:confused:

I don't see how a team that has an offense that averages 42 points per game, and a defense that holds an offensive power such as Gilmer to 13 points, doesn't have AT LEAST one kid who is worthy of playing at the next level!!

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Marlowe
Lattimore
Terry(if he was taller!) :p

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
its called buying into a system and being an actual team:devil:

OnceABucJr
12-17-2007, 07:03 PM
And nothing wrong with D2& D3 Universities. In the end it's about the education!

08Panther
12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
There are some Liberty Hill players getting recruited, they just weren't the early commit blue chippers. Marlowe Poitier will play D-1 somewhere. Doug Allman may or may not play D-1 due to his size and fullback is a dying position, but he will likely play D-1AA or D-2 if not D-1. Cody Lattimore will play D-1 somewhere in 2009. Dustin Gonzales is getting some looks from colleges, and could end up playing somewhere, anywhere from D-1 to D-3. Brandon Terry and Justin Bates will likely play somewhere in 2009 also, maybe D-1AA or D-2 if not D-1. So, Liberty Hill has just as many college level players as Gilmer, just not to BCS schools. And, as we've seen this year, sometimes those smaller, hungrier players can beat the big BCS boys.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Terry(if he was taller!) :p
*sigh*

RdaleBoi08
12-17-2007, 09:25 PM
didnt liberty hill's tight end last year go to rice?

lostaussie
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
if you tell me Doug Allman can't play D1 football I will tell you that you are crazy. that kid has the heart of a lion and plenty of ability.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
didnt liberty hill's tight end last year go to rice?
Yes, he did. He got injured early, before games began if I remember correctly, and had shoulder surgery. I haven't had the good sense lately to ask how he's doing. I'm sure he took a medical redshirt, if he wasn't redshirting to begin with.

sinton66
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd bet there will be some offers coming.

Jack_Daniels
12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Some of them will play small college ball. The linemen are handicapped because they never pass block. With todays spread college offenses pass blocking is a must. Not a knock on the kids its just the scheme they run. FB could be the one back guy for someone. There are no recievers or db's. They play hard and there were some that could play down the road. Gilmer has better kids and some of them will play somewhere but as a team they got mashed. College is about can you play not if you won the state championship. Period

Rocket Dad
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Many fans are often (not on purpose) fooled by watching high school players and making statements like "I know for sure that boy is a D-1 player" Example - Celina had a beast FB the year D-field broke their long winning streak. He wound up at UMHB in Belton (Div. III) and couldn't crack the starting line-up and just stayed and got his degree without playing football. The jump from high school to college football is much bigger than the avg. fan realizes. Most of the time (not always) 2 factors are the most important if grades are good, SIZE and SPEED - mostly speed.

ToroChingon
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe their focus on the TEAM concept keeps them from telling everyone who will listen how many offers each INDIVIDUAL is getting. You don't know who is talking to whom.

Balcones fault
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm not any judge of college talent but I do have an opinion.:)
D2-3 football has got to be a huge comedown for the smaller school players. To go from all that, to a team with smaller crowds and perhaps a mediocre team is a huge transition. Of course, a free education is a worthy thing, if they realize that.

In several years of watching Celina's playoff run, the only player I saw that warranted special notice was Quan Cosby. The difference in speed between him and his opponents was incredible. I saw Cedric Benson play for Midland the same year but Quan played every down, O-D and special teams.