PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill fans

Runnin Panther
12-16-2007, 09:58 PM
How many D1 players does it take to win BACK to BACK state championships?

ZERO:D :D :D :D

ronwx5x
12-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Surely by now someone has told you about the typo in your location. Libery Hill?

Bigworm
12-16-2007, 10:38 PM
NONE, 0, Zip, nada...

Runnin Panther
12-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Surely by now someone has told you about the typo in your location. Libery Hill?

Actually no, but thanks for pointing it out.:doh: :doh: :doh:

ronwx5x
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Actually no, but thanks for pointing it out.:doh: :doh: :doh:

Amazing how some things just never get noticed. I am not the best typist in the world either, and certainly no proof reader!!! No offense meant.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 12:13 AM

ZERO:D :D :D :D

hmm or class from some of the fans

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
hmm or class from some of the fans

:bigcry: :tongue:

oh please it was dished out by both sides all week long. some ribbing is in order!

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

oh please it was dished out by both sides all week long. some ribbing is in order!

I have to agree! We heard about the fabulous D-1 players ALL WEEK and how LH had NONE, therefore having NO chance!!

In the end....it didn't matter ONE IOTA!!!

wimbo_pro
12-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have to agree! We heard about the fabulous D-1 players ALL WEEK and how LH had NONE, therefore having NO chance!!

What the heck IS an IOTA anyway? I mean really....
Is it named after that guy in the movies named Ray Iota? Or is it taken from "...Iota punch you in the face for spilling my beer.."? Or is it one more name from the famous Pigg sisters...Ima Pigg, Ura Pigg, Iota Pigg...I just want to know.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 08:31 AM
ALL WEEK and how LH had NONE, therefore having NO chance!!

Who said LH had no chance? Seemed to me LH was the favorite going into the game( AND RIGHTLY SO)

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I miss the days when no one knew how many D-I players a team had until the actual signing day in February of said players' senior seasons.

That would cut out a lot of the hype and nonsense and create more of a team atmosphere rather than focusing on these "action figure" superhero individual athletes.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
What the heck IS an IOTA anyway? I mean really....
Is it named after that guy in the movies named Ray Iota? Or is it taken from "...Iota punch you in the face for spilling my beer.."? Or is it one more name from the famous Pigg sisters...Ima Pigg, Ura Pigg, Iota Pigg...I just want to know.

Dictionary.com

i·o·ta /aɪˈoʊtə/

Pronunciation[ahy-oh-tuh]

–noun

1. a very small quantity; jot; whit.
2. the ninth letter of the Greek alphabet (I, ι).

wimbo_pro
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
oh...ok...nevermind.

clemsmarina
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Who said LH had no chance? Seemed to me LH was the favorite going into the game( AND RIGHTLY SO)

I'm pretty sure Texasfootball2 explained how they had no chance when he let everyone know how much football he has seen, coached and recruited across this state and how Gilmer was the team with the most athleticism in any classification in the entire state!!!

Gilmer was good, and deserved to be in the championship game...but hearing it from people over and over who have never seen a team play deserved a little ribbing.

footballgal
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM

+1 :clap:

ZERO:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I believe TXbroadcaster is merely saying "Since the outcome of the actual game proved the point, why is it necessary to rub it in?"

clemsmarina
12-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I believe TXbroadcaster is merely saying "Since the outcome of the actual game proved the point, why is it necessary to rub it in?"

I know what he is saying, but when Texasfootball2 proceeded to talk about people having "serious issues" and making everyone aware of just how much football knowledge he has over everyone else, I felt the need to add to the thread just for him...

Has anyone seen him??? I'm wondering if he has seen Liberty Hill play yet...

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 10:31 AM

Well, duh because that's what we DO here at 3ADL!!! ROFL! :D

Maroon87
12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Seems to me the LH folk were taking a lot of flak last week so if they wanna say I told you so, more power to 'em.

But with 2 titles in a row they are rapidly disappearing from other school's Christmas card lists...:D

RattlerDude
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM

Whoever said Liberty Hill had no chance is an idiot.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Seems to me the LH folk were taking a lot of flak last week so if they wanna say I told you so, more power to 'em.

Statement like this is what I dont understand..The Poll showed like 120 picking LH to win and like 70 for Gilmer to win

Just as many if not more NON LH fans were giving Gilmer fans and the NON-Gilmer fans who picked Gilmer to win a ton of flak

It just seems IMO that SOME LH fans, and NON fans who were supporting LH to win has tried to turn this around into little LH slays big bad Gilmer when I think MOST football fans felt LH was a favorite going into the game

Yes Gilmer has a group of possible D-1 players, but I think almost everyone saw LH as a better all around team, and especially more battle tested as a whole because of the State Title run last year.

waterboy
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Although it WAS mentioned by some posters about the DI players, I don't think it was put in a way that would've meant that Liberty Hill didn't stand a chance. I didn't mention it and rightfully so because you can have all the DI talent in the world, but if you are outcoached you won't win. That's exactly what happened in this game. I don't think anyone with any knowledge of football would disagree with that either.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Statement like this is what I dont understand..The Poll showed like 120 picking LH to win and like 70 for Gilmer to win

I'm certainly not saying this is the case here, but I have "heard" of polls where sometimes people vote because they would LIKE to see one team or the other lose, not because they actually think the one team will win. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 11:08 AM
You cannot honestly say that if the table had been turned and Gilmer came out on top that they wouldn't be making all the vocal LH fans publicly eat their crow also!!

I have been around here long enough to know better than to open my mouth if I can't a) back it up, or b) take it after I have been dishing it out.

Heck, I mentioned that an announcer said Gilmer had trouble with misdirection plays that Abilene Wylie ran and wondered "aloud" about LH's offense...and pretty much got trounced on by a couple of posters!!

So......there!!:tongue:

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 11:11 AM
You cannot honestly say that if the table had been turned and Gilmer came out on top that they wouldn't be making all the vocal LH fans publicly eat their crow also!!

I have been around here long enough to know better than to open my mouth if I can't a) back it up, or b) take it after I have been dishing it out.

Heck, I mentioned that an announcer said Gilmer had trouble with misdirection plays that Abilene Wylie ran and wondered "aloud" about LH's offense...and pretty much got trounced on by a couple of posters!!

So......there!!:tongue:

Yep they would, and I would be responding with the same post

And you said it best..a COUPLE of posters..and per the course it was the NEW Gilmer posters being loud, and brash, not the core ones like LostAussie

Basically I am saying to every WINNING team's fan, you dont have to say much except..scoreboard

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 11:25 AM

And you said it best..a COUPLE of posters..and per the course it was the NEW Gilmer posters being loud, and brash, not the core ones like LostAussie

Basically I am saying to every WINNING team's fan, you dont have to say much except..scoreboard

Or say it with a picture! :p :p ;)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/lh_gilmer011.jpg

Hill Man
12-17-2007, 11:25 AM

Scoreboard.....nuf said..

:hand:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Scoreboard.....nuf said..

:hand:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL I for one love that LH won, I LOVE dynasties in HS football

sinton66
12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not saying it should be against the rules or anything, but I feel the same way Terry does. When you look at the results of the GAME, this sort of stuff really is a moot point. I guess I've just never felt the need to gloat.

As far as Gilmer getting outcoached, I don't think that is true. I think the Gilmer staff knew going in that they would have to score on practically every possession to keep up, and did what they did toward that goal. Can't say I blame them one bit. Many coaches would have done exactly the same in that situation.

Gilmer was outplayed, plain and simple.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Basically I feel Fans of a losing team get ribbed/called for doing exactly what fans of the winning team did the week before a big game..brag and assume their team will win. and for the most part it is all 100% in fun. And the losing team fans who are worth anything come back and say well we lost

The winning team fans of course can say we told you so, but IMO that is to easy, your team already proved that by winning.

Allow the losing team fans some time to accept their team that they live and die for lost, and come on here and give props

Dont start with the OH man they were overrated, did not impress me their coach sucked stuff, IMO that diminishes YOUR own team's accomplishment

Heck when My team(Marshall 1990) won state, we only talk AMAZINGLY of the teams we played in the play-offs lol

But mainly, ENJOY the win, your team bled, sweat and fought for the whole season and hold the title...But the teams you beat, they bled, sweat and fought just as hard, just to come up short.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Basically I feel Fans of a losing team get ribbed/called for doing exactly what fans of the winning team did the week before a big game..brag and assume their team will win. and for the most part it is all 100% in fun. And the losing team fans who are worth anything come back and say well we lost

The winning team fans of course can say we told you so, but IMO that is to easy, your team already proved that by winning.

Allow the losing team fans some time to accept their team that they live and die for lost, and come on here and give props

Dont start with the OH man they were overrated, did not impress me their coach sucked stuff, IMO that diminishes YOUR own team's accomplishment

Heck when My team(Marshall 1990) won state, we only talk AMAZINGLY of the teams we played in the play-offs lol

But mainly, ENJOY the win, your team bled, sweat and fought for the whole season and hold the title...But the teams you beat, they bled, sweat and fought just as hard, just to come up short.

Dude!!!:doh:

The original question was:
How many D-1 players does it take to win a State Championship? The answer was ZERO!!!

Where was the harm in that??

Call me classless, but I found the humor in it myself!!

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM

How many D-1 players does it take to win a State Championship? The answer was ZERO!!!

Dudette :D :D
Actually the post u quoted from me was not just about this thread, and I was probably a little strong in saying classless

And the above post was not a comment on this thread, or even just to the fans of this game, but just Big game threads in general

When both fans spout how great their team is before the game and how easily they will win, and dominate and so on and so on. The losing team's fans are not jerks or arrogant or any of that just because their team lost. They were wrong of course, but their comments leading up to the game are USUALLY no different than the winning teams fans comment/thoughts on the game and IMO to many times the winning team's fans want to harp on the comments made before the game when they were saying the exact thing.

clemsmarina
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Dudette :D :D
Actually the post u quoted from me was not just about this thread, and I was probably a little strong in saying classless

And the above post was not a comment on this thread, or even just to the fans of this game, but just Big game threads in general

When both fans spout how great their team is before the game and how easily they will win, and dominate and so on and so on. The losing team's fans are not jerks or arrogant or any of that just because their team lost. They were wrong of course, but their comments leading up to the game are USUALLY no different than the winning teams fans comment/thoughts on the game and IMO to many times the winning team's fans want to harp on the comments made before the game when they were saying the exact thing.

You are absolutely correct!:clap:

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM

You got that right MOm, even Celina has rarely more than one DIV 1 athlete, and mostly zero...I think in its history it may have produced 2 that made it to the pros.

But like LH...what a TEAM concept:)

No part of the puzzle more important than any other part. And the good of the whole is what is truly important.

Those are the traits that define greatness in life as well as football.

waterboy
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey, everybody! It's okay to take a pot-shot or two........just keep it on classy level. I, for one, never mentioned anything about the DI players, because I didn't think it mattered. You can have a team full of DI players, but if they are outcoached they'll lose. That's exactly what happened in this game. I'm not dissing the Gilmer coaches at all. I certainly hoped they learned from this loss. I'm just saying the Liberty Hill coaching staff had a much better game plan and the players executed it to a tee. The Buckeye staff did not have an answer, and could not make the adjustments needed, for the game plan the Panthers brought. I was impressed with Liberty Hill's team overall, but I was most impressed with their DEFENSE. To the Buckeyes coaching staff's credit, they hadn't seen anyone stop their offense up to that point so why would they do anything different? As the old saying goes "dance with what brung you". Some of you may have noticed the saying I would put at the end of some of my posts BEFORE this game "offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!". That saying is STILL true today and always will be. Congratulations to the Liberty Hill Panthers on winning the Class 3A Division I State Championship!:clap:

Runnin Panther
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Wow I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I was just having a little fun. The players were being told everyday by various people how much talent the Buckeyes had and with good reason Gilmer was loaded with athletes. Liberty Hill lives and dies by the team concept, it takes every person doing their job every play to make the wheels turn. That was my point.

Haunta Yo
12-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Players were being told everyday by various people how much talent the Buckeyes had and with good reason Gilmer was loaded with athletes. Liberty Hill lives and dies by the team concept, it takes every person doing their job every play to make the wheels turn. That was my point.

Liberty Hill is the team that was loaded with athletes...Don't confuse athletes with what college coaches are looking for.

College coaches want "potential". They want height, weight and 40 times. Work ethic/effort/team player/leadership/academics/ no criminal record is usually just a bonus...NOT CRITERIA.

Rivals.com, Max Emfinger and all those others scouting services are telling coaches who they should be signing based on Height/Weight/40...

That's why Kansas and Missouri are kicking the crap outta teams loaded with Max and Rivals "Blue Chippers".

08Panther
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Actually, Liberty Hill DOES have some D-1 athletes. They may not be early blue-chip signees, but I am pretty certain Marlowe Poitier will play D-1 somewhere. Pretty sure Cody Lattimore will play D-1 somewhere in 2009. Doug Allman may or may not play D-1, but pretty sure he will play college football somewhere also. He is hurt by most smaller D-1 schools not using a fullback anymore, but he may still end up D-1, if not there then probably D-1AA or D-2. Dustin Gonzales is certainly capable of playing college football also, if not D-1 either D-1AA or D-2. Brandon Terry and Justin Bates will probably play some college football in 2009 also. So, I think Liberty Hill had just as many college-level players as Gilmer. They may not be going to the big BCS schools, but as we've seen this year, in the NCAA and high school, some determined players from smaller schools can knock off the big boys! :)

K-MAC Chuck
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Or say it with a picture! :p :p ;)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/lh_gilmer011.jpg

Just for the record, the game clock hit ":00" at 6:35.21 p.m. central, giving Liberty Hill its second state championship in a matter of 357 days.

And, congrats to Gilmer on a fantastic season.

Simple Man
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Actually waterboy, if you are not dissing the Gilmer coaches, what exactly are you doing? They spend hours each week preparing the team, sometimes the other team is just better. Liberty Hill was a great team. These coaches were the same ones that were there in 2004 hoisting the state championship trophy and there is a good chance that they will do it again in the future. They know how to get the job done. It just didn't happen this year. Once again, great job Liberty Hill.

lostaussie
12-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Actually waterboy, if you are not dissing the Gilmer coaches, what exactly are you doing? They spend hours each week preparing the team, sometimes the other team is just better. Liberty Hill was a great team. These coaches were the same ones that were there in 2004 hoisting the state championship trophy and there is a good chance that they will do it again in the future. They know how to get the job done. It just didn't happen this year. Once again, great job Liberty Hill. yep. sounded like dissing to me!!!!!! he was probably one of the thousands who left early:D I froze my a$$ off until the end:thumbsup:

sinton66
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Sounded that way to me too.

Super_R
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
yep. sounded like dissing to me!!!!!! he was probably one of the thousands who left early:D I froze my a$$ off until the end:thumbsup:

Earlier in the week I would have sworn that waterboy was a wide mouth bass...he never stopped spouting off his mouth about how great Gilmer was and how they would destroy little old Liberty Hill. As it turns out he is nothing more than a blood sucking tic...sucking the life blood out of a great program. Somebody needs to burn him with a cig and help the world out.

Come on!

catdaddy
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Having read some of recent posts, maybe I put this previous one in the wrong thread...........:confused:

I would like to congratulate the Panthers for a most impressive victory and I'm looking for many more in the years to come. They played "Lights Out"! I am truely proud to call Liberty Hill home.

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0008.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

With that being said, I wanted to congratulate the Buckeye's on a great season and a classy program.
It's fun to get on here and banter back and forth :tongue: with fans of the teams we compete against and anticipate the post game smack-talking/crow-eating.
Having said that, I have always found it to be much less pleasant to watch others eat crow when their team conducts themselves with class and dignity as Gilmer did (and Cuero, Celina and others). :thumbsup: So I for one do not care if the Gilmer fans pull a chair up to the crow buffet.
They love their team as do we and unfortunately they must live with what-could-have-been. All good fans/parents should believe in their team and express confidence in those kids they support. That's what it means to be a fan. Oh, that reminds me. We are talking about 15, 16, 17 & 18 year-old kids playing their hearts out.
Let's not forget that while we're bashing their performances.http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0188.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

Merry CHRISTmas to all! I have to go make up my cardboard sign to raise money for the 2 presents my boys will be getting...:helpme:

bobcat1
12-17-2007, 10:42 PM

Right.............

waterboy
12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Actually waterboy, if you are not dissing the Gilmer coaches, what exactly are you doing? They spend hours each week preparing the team, sometimes the other team is just better. Liberty Hill was a great team. These coaches were the same ones that were there in 2004 hoisting the state championship trophy and there is a good chance that they will do it again in the future. They know how to get the job done. It just didn't happen this year. Once again, great job Liberty Hill.
Hey! Enough already! Despite what you think, I was not dissing our coaches! I was complimenting Liberty Hill's coaches. It may have been at the expense of the Buckeye coaches, but nobody is devoid of a little criticism (which wasn't my intent). I know Jeff personally and in no way did I mean it as a personal attack. Even if it were meant to be that way (which it wasn't) I know he is a man and can take it. Face it, the Liberty Hill coaching staff had a great game plan and their players executed it. Gilmer had no answer for it and lost. I was referring to ONE GAME! That doesn't make Jeff a bad coach, and it certainly doesn't detract from the fact that Liberty Hill was the better team Saturday. So chill and stop this nonsense.

waterboy
12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I was just having a little fun. The players were being told everyday by various people how much talent the Buckeyes had and with good reason Gilmer was loaded with athletes. Liberty Hill lives and dies by the team concept, it takes every person doing their job every play to make the wheels turn. That was my point.
I wasn't offended.......I know what you mean.:D You got tired of hearing about all those players.......so did I.

sinton66
12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hey! Enough already! Despite what you think, I was not dissing our coaches! I was complimenting Liberty Hill's coaches. It may have been at the expense of the Buckeye coaches, but nobody is devoid of a little criticism (which wasn't my intent). I know Jeff personally and in no way did I mean it as a personal attack. Even if it were meant to be that way (which it wasn't) I know he is a man and can take it. Face it, the Liberty Hill coaching staff had a great game plan and their players executed it. Gilmer had no answer for it and lost. I was referring to ONE GAME! That doesn't make Jeff a bad coach, and it certainly doesn't detract from the fact that Liberty Hill was the better team Saturday. So chill and stop this nonsense.

My guess is you've never actually seen a staff get out-coached as you said Gilmer's did. I've seen it before. What the Gilmer staff did was try to get the team in a position to keep up with LH. It didn't work, but if it had, you'd be singing their praises and calling the decision "genius". There's a big difference between taking a gamble and getting out-coached.

Texasfootball2
12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
I'm pretty sure Texasfootball2 explained how they had no chance when he let everyone know how much football he has seen, coached and recruited across this state and how Gilmer was the team with the most athleticism in any classification in the entire state!!!

Gilmer was good, and deserved to be in the championship game...but hearing it from people over and over who have never seen a team play deserved a little ribbing.

I knew you couldn't read very well. Never made any kind of prediction of the outcome. Only chimed in on how talented Gilmer was, and haven't seen anyone doubt that yet. Good luck finding a post where I said LH had no chance, don't look very long cause you will be just wasting your time. Congrats on a great win. Back to Back is quite an accomplishment.

waterboy
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
yep. sounded like dissing to me!!!!!! he was probably one of the thousands who left early:D I froze my a$$ off until the end:thumbsup:
No....I was there the entire time! I did not leave until several minutes after the game...... I would've been on the field after the game, but my wife wanted to get home at a decent hour because she had a Sunday school class to prepare for. You can take what I said any way you want, but I was NOT dissing anybody. Every coach at any level will tell you that they have been outcoached at some point in their career. There's no shame in that and it does not make you a bad coach.

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 10:06 AM
that is true, for a couple years there the Wimberley staff had an amazing defensive and offensive scheme that did a great job at shutting us down.

they are the only team that i have ever seeen shut the Slot T down almost completly, but they also won state in 05 and in 04 they had a good year

LH810
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Coach Vance's plan worked absolutely perfect. We shut your offense down. But whinning about your coaches does not change the fact that "we are better than you". Did you see the shirts?:D

waterboy
12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
My guess is you've never actually seen a staff get out-coached as you said Gilmer's did. I've seen it before. What the Gilmer staff did was try to get the team in a position to keep up with LH. It didn't work, but if it had, you'd be singing their praises and calling the decision "genius". There's a big difference between taking a gamble and getting out-coached.
No....under the circumstances, Coach Traylor did what he thought he had to do. I'm NOT questioning any calls he made. Heck, I probably would've made some of the same calls. That wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the superior preparation and execution by the Liberty Hill coaching staff and players, especially on the defensive side of the ball. What's so hard to understand about this? I've never even once said bad call on coach's part. I don't see it that way at all. You took what I said the wrong way.

clemsmarina
12-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I knew you couldn't read very well. Never made any kind of prediction of the outcome. Only chimed in on how talented Gilmer was, and haven't seen anyone doubt that yet. Good luck finding a post where I said LH had no chance, don't look very long cause you will be just wasting your time. Congrats on a great win. Back to Back is quite an accomplishment.

Actually I read just fine, it's just that I have"serious issues" remember?!?!

You never did come right out and give a prediction.
You didn't have to, because you didn't just "chime in" when you crammed your overflowing wealth of knowledge about high school football in Texas down our throats.... and how much more football you've seen than anyone else here on the 3ADL.... and then how much more athlesticism Gilmer had than any other team in any classification in Texas.... It appears you are the one with serious issues, by talking down to people you have no idea about.

Gilmer had a very good team, and I have said that over and over, but you still only gave enough credit to Liberty Hill to cover your a$$ from your stupid comment about yourself, your knowledge and the Gilmer atleticism!!!:p

waterboy
12-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
Earlier in the week I would have sworn that waterboy was a wide mouth bass...he never stopped spouting off his mouth about how great Gilmer was and how they would destroy little old Liberty Hill. As it turns out he is nothing more than a blood sucking tic...sucking the life blood out of a great program. Somebody needs to burn him with a cig and help the world out.

Come on!
It's called supporting your team...........you dim-wit! I know Gilmer has a great program and I support them whole-heartedly. You can read it anyway you want, but the fact is I will support my alma mater for as long as I live..........it's called loyalty. I don't see anything wrong with a little smack-talking before the game, nor a few compliments to the opponent after the game when you lose.

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 10:45 AM
i personally love talking smack waterboy :inlove:

NastySlot
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
that is true, for a couple years there the Wimberley staff had an amazing defensive and offensive scheme that did a great job at shutting us down.

they are the only team that i have ever seeen shut the Slot T down almost completly, but they also won state in 05 and in 04 they had a good year

did they really shut it down ..... i thought it was more like wimberley just was able to stay a few plays ahead of LH

clemsmarina
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
did they really shut it down ..... i thought it was more like wimberley just was able to stay a few plays ahead of LH

Wimberly's defense definitely slowed it down, but Liberty Hill did score, and the Liberty Hill defense couldn't slow them down.
That defense Wimb had was alot like Liberty Hills this year... very fundamentaly sound!!!