PDA

View Full Version : UT's Charles and Finley file NFL draft paperwork

mistanice
12-16-2007, 06:00 PM
AUSTIN – Texas junior running back Jamaal Charles and tight end Jermichael Finley have filed paperwork to an NFL advisory committee to gauge where they might be taken in the 2008 NFL draft, according to two sources close to the players.

Charles, the Big 12's leading rusher with 1,458 yards and 16 touchdowns, and Finley, who has 43 catches for 563 yards and two touchdowns, could not be reached for comment, although Finley said last week he would be returning for his senior season.

One of the sources said junior Quan Cosby, the team's second-leading receiver with 59 catches for 625 yards and five touchdowns, was still considering filing the paperwork to the NFL committee. Cosby, who will turn 25 next week, spent three years in professional baseball.

Junior defensive tackle Roy Miller (37 tackles, seven tackles for loss, one sack) said last week he would definitely be back for his senior season.

Texas coach Mack Brown would not confirm the actions of Charles and Finley but said, "We always try to help our guys get as much information as possible when it comes to the NFL. We encourage and help them go through the process.

"All of our underclassmen have told us they will be coming back, but if you're playing well enough to be considered an NFL prospect, going through the process can only help you better understand it and realize what you need to work on to improve your status."

Link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/121607dnspoutplayers.28c01c7.html)

Emerson1
12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
I see Cosby going just because of age. Charles and the rest should stay, I don't see them going until the 4th round.

Phil C
12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I see Cosby going just because of age. Charles and the rest should stay, I don't see them going until the 4th round.

I think youi are right Ermerson. If Charles could come back and have a great season I think he would be considered a Heisman Trophy candidate and be a first round pick next year and sign for big money. If they do go pro I hope I am wrong and they are drafted high but I don't think they will.

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Chase Daniel has filed the same paperwork.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
It is the common thing to do for juniors, it is really not about leaving early, but they get basically a scouting report listing their strengths and weaknesses plus a projection of where they will go

Adidas410s
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Chase Daniel has filed the same paperwork.
ha ha

NastySlot
12-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think youi are right Ermerson. If Charles could come back and have a great season I think he would be considered a Heisman Trophy candidate and be a first round pick next year and sign for big money. If they do go pro I hope I am wrong and they are drafted high but I don't think they will.

sorta like colt was a heisman candidate.........right now everyone is a candidate...................

TexanFan4Life
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Jermichael Finley reminds me of a poor man's Antonio Gates. I think he's got tons of potential and can become a great TE in the league.