PDA

View Full Version : looking back on the playoffs

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 05:51 PM
were LH fans really that arrogant? or was it just a smug sense of confidence that everyone else was obvlious and ignorant towards?
STATE CHAMPS AGAIN:devil:

lets hear it folks:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
It seemed arrogant to me, but no more so than that displayed by many of the Buckeyes over on the Tyler site.

I think there is an "East Texas-centric" attitude, especially on that site, displayed towards practically all teams west of here, particularly those west of I-35..

We in this part of the state have placed much stock in our supposed "superior athleticism," but it can only take you so far, in this case to the title game, but not to possession of the trophy.

The other thing is that Texas is so huge that many of our fans literally had never HEARD of Liberty Hill until last week.

Even those of us who were aware of it didn't really follow your team that closely because we thought it was going into Division II. The only 'Liberty' we thought we'd be facing in 2007 was the rematch with Liberty-Eylau.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
were LH fans really that arrogant? or was it just a smug sense of confidence that everyone else was obvlious and ignorant towards?
STATE CHAMPS AGAIN:devil:

lets hear it folks:D

I will tell you what it is. You know how good your team is. Others think their team is that good. But they lose. So you are right and they are wrong. How many people like to be wrong? So the more right you are, the more arrogant they think you are. It really is that simple. We have been facing that for years. I cannot even give a straight up analysis without someone saying we are arrogant or I am.