PDA

View Full Version : China Spring: Team of DESTINY (And a bunch of unrelated nonsense)

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 05:05 PM
They WILL beat Celina to win the 3A Division II State Championship. This is one of those things where you can't explain it...you can just feel that this team is on the way to winning it all. Nobody gave them a shot to win against La Vega, and I assume not many people gave them a shot to win against Cuero. Well, look what happened. I don't think Celina will make it 8 State Championships this weekend and separate themselves from any pack.

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
They WILL beat Celina to win the 3A Division II State Championship. This is one of those things where you can't explain it...you can just feel that this team is on the way to winning it all. Nobody gave them a shot to win against La Vega, and I assume not many people gave them a shot to win against Cuero. Well, look what happened. I don't think Celina will make it 8 State Championships this weekend and separate themselves from any pack. \

Their destiny is being beat next week by Celina.

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
\

Their destiny is being beat next week by Celina.

Sure.

pirate4state
12-16-2007, 05:07 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now you've done it! LOL

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
They WILL beat Celina to win the 3A Division II State Championship. This is one of those things where you can't explain it...you can just feel that this team is on the way to winning it all. Nobody gave them a shot to win against La Vega, and I assume not many people gave them a shot to win against Cuero. Well, look what happened. I don't think Celina will make it 8 State Championships this weekend and separate themselves from any pack.

I did not think they would get past La Vega. But I thought they would beat Cuero. Region 4 is weak enough to make you think Cuero is a world beater but China Spring played solid enough d to stop a much better La Vega team. Cuero had a bad luck day because weather conditions limited their pass attack and that is what happens in 3a on bad weather days. The best ground game usually wins or the best d or a combination of the two. With the wind and D of china spring Cuero was done.
That will not be an issue in Texas Stadium. Seth will complete 60 percent of his passes and the line will get some running lanes for Charlie and Troy and Jose plus a run or two from Seth. Snyder had a better O line than CS and we stopped them. So I look for a tough game but think Celina wins in the trenches and that usually wins the game.

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I did not think they would get past La Vega. But I thought they would beat Cuero. Region 4 is weak enough to make you think Cuero is a world beater but China Spring played solid enough d to stop a much better La Vega team. Cuero had a bad luck day because weather conditions limited their pass attack and that is what happens in 3a on bad weather days. The best ground game usually wins or the best d or a combination of the two. With the wind and D of china spring Cuero was done.
That will not be an issue in Texas Stadium. Seth will complete 60 percent of his passes and the line will get some running lanes for Charlie and Troy and Jose plus a run or two from Seth. Snyder had a better line than CS and we stopped them. :clap: :clap: :clap:

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 05:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Throw all that paper that you're looking at out the window. Championship games are won with passion and determination....not with previous 'team and individual' statistics.

pirate4state
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
That will not be an issue in Texas Stadium. Seth will complete 60 percent of his passes and the line will get some running lanes for Charlie and Troy and Jose plus a run or two from Seth. Snyder had a better O line than CS and we stopped them. So I look for a tough game but think Celina wins in the trenches and that usually wins the game.

I'm curious. How do you know Snyder has a better O-line than China Spring? :thinking: I'm sure you have the stats some where to explain that one.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM

If Celina was frekin R3 Snyder could have played Celina for state, Celina is #1 and Snyder is #2.

I'm staying with Celina, unless China Spring gets the dallas cowboys to play under their uniforms then they are in deep shi(r)t!

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm curious. How do you know Snyder has a better O-line than China Spring? :thinking:
:thumbsup: GMTA!

DaHop72
12-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
If Celina was frekin R3 Snyder could have played Celina for state, Celina is #1 and Snyder is #2.

I'm staying with Celina, unless China Spring gets the dallas cowboys to play under their uniforms then they are in deep shi(r)t! And you know this why??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Give it a rest.:hand: :hand:

rockdale80
12-16-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm staying with Celina, unless China Spring gets the dallas cowboys to play under their uniforms then they are in deep shi(r)t!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

rockdale80
12-16-2007, 05:23 PM

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And you this why??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Give it a rest.:hand: :hand:

OH OK :rolleyes: :doh: :doh: :doh:

You take this hand :hand: :hand: D

ensig
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Cuero had a bad luck day because weather conditions limited their pass attack and that is what happens in 3a on bad weather days. The best ground game usually wins or the best d or a combination of the two. With the wind and D of china spring Cuero was done.

Snyder had a better O line than CS and we stopped them. So I look for a tough game but think Celina wins in the trenches and that usually wins the game.

so the wind and weather limited cuero's pass attack but not china spring's pass attack? how does that work

also comparing the oline from snyder and cs and saying that since you stopped them you will stop cs is irrelevant due to vastly different offenses that each runs respectively

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ensig
so the wind and weather limited cuero's pass attack but not china spring's pass attack? how does that work

I was wondering the same thing. Teams that rely on their passing attacks are in trouble on ANY level of football (HS, College, NFL). If you can't run the ball and be physical (win games at the LOS), you're not going to be very successful.

Go back and watch Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh earlier today. THAT is how you play (and WIN) football games.

IHStangFan
12-16-2007, 05:29 PM
They WILL beat Celina to win the 3A Division II State Championship. This is one of those things where you can't explain it...you can just feel that this team is on the way to winning it all. Nobody gave them a shot to win against La Vega, and I assume not many people gave them a shot to win against Cuero. Well, look what happened. I don't think Celina will make it 8 State Championships this weekend and separate themselves from any pack. I figured they'd beat Cuero, and I hope they beat Celina next week. Even if they don't win, I think they'll give Celina all they want, which like you say...most probably won't be expecting.

GO CHINA SPRING!!

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 05:38 PM

It's one of those odd occurences that only happens once in a blue moon. And oddly enough, there has been a blue moon twice in the playoffs this season. ;)

IHStangFan
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's one of those odd occurences that only happens once in a blue moon. And oddly enough, there has been a blue moon twice in the playoffs this season. ;) LOL...those blue moons have been fairly frequent this year.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm curious. How do you know Snyder has a better O-line than China Spring? :thinking: I'm sure you have the stats some where to explain that one.

Just watching them play. Snyder had the best line I have seen this year except for LH. China Spring would be in the top 10 but I would put Gilmer, AW, Snyder, Giddings, and ours above CS.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 05:54 PM

also comparing the oline from snyder and cs and saying that since you stopped them you will stop cs is irrelevant due to vastly different offenses that each runs respectively

CS only completed 7 passes if memory serves. THey ran and controlled the game and made a couple of big plays in the pass but they made their living on the ground.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Teams that rely on their passing attacks are in trouble on ANY level of football (HS, College, NFL). If you can't run the ball and be physical (win games at the LOS), you're not going to be very successful.

Go back and watch Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh earlier today. THAT is how you play (and WIN) football games.

I agree. CS has a better ground game than Cuero. That and their D is why they won.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Just watching them play. Snyder had the best line I have seen this year except for LH. China Spring would be in the top 10 but I would put Gilmer, AW, Snyder, Giddings, and ours above CS.
I didn't realize you had seen China Spring play, much less Giddings. I guess you learn something every day. :)

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
anyone that thinks snyder is the number 2 team in the state is crazy:crazy1:
they are a great team, but that is really stretching it

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
oh and update your sig lhpm :D

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

I agree. I would love Liberty Hill and Celina to play to determine No. 1 with the loser at No. 2. Snyder is No. 3.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 06:12 PM

I did not say they were number 2. What I said is that they had a great O line. The reason they could not move on was they only had one threat. Clay. They could not throw nor did they have another back to stop. LH always had a couple very good backs. Snyder had one really good one and everybody else was dead average. Stop the threat and you stop the O. The reason they got so far was their line would obliterate the trenches in most games. I would put them up there with LH on the O line only. They just did not have the D to stop us and keep us from doing to them what they wanted to do to us. They wound up with about 170 rushing yards with no speed or trickery. Just hit you in the mouth and dare you to stop them. We did but it was a tough fight.

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:13 PM
that would be one helluva game, but i think Wylie has to be thrown in there. they would have given us a better game im guessing that Gilmer did, China Springs also has to be considering because they are proving they can win.

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
I did not say they were number 2. What I said is that they had a great O line. The reason they could not move on was they only had one threat. Clay. They could not throw nor did they have another back to stop. LH always had a couple very good backs. Snyder had one really good one and everybody else was dead average. Stop the threat and you stop the O. The reason they got so far was their line would obliterate the trenches in most games. I would put them up there with LH on the O line only. They just did not have the D to stop us and keep us from doing to them what they wanted to do to us. They wound up with about 170 rushing yards with no speed or trickery. Just hit you in the mouth and dare you to stop them. We did but it was a tough fight.

oh i was reffering to snydder 325 or whatevers post, we both know i would never disagree with you billyfred;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
As far as where Snyder falls in the top 10 who knows. Probably would be around 7. LH, Gilmer, AW, Celina, CS, La Vega
would all be ahead of them after that it gets debatable.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
LHPM, I saw CS and Giddings on film. Everybody else I saw in person. I am going on what happened at the state game on what LH's O line did this year.

rockdale80
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I agree. I would love Liberty Hill and Celina to play to determine No. 1 with the loser at No. 2. Snyder is No. 3.

I doubt they are the #3 team in the state. There are several teams better than Snyder. Considering that 3 teams beat you, I would say that the best you could be is 4th. Then you figure in the other champion and runner teams, etc....you guys are lucky if you are in the top 15. Not trying to bash. Just trying to be realistic.

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
As far as where Snyder falls in the top 10 who knows. Probably would be around 7. LH, Gilmer, AW, Celina, CS, La Vega
would all be ahead of them after that it gets debatable.

Gilmer did nothing to impress me at all:dispntd:

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
oh and update your sig lhpm :D
:doh: Oh yeah..... :D

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
just looking out for ya :inlove:

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I doubt they are the #3 team in the state. There are several teams better than Snyder. Considering that 3 teams beat you, I would say that the best you could be is 4th. Then you figure in the other champion and runner teams, etc....you guys are lucky if you are in the top 15. Not trying to bash. Just trying to be realistic.

The one game we lost, we donkey stomped them in the playoffs when we were at full strength and Canyon was a fluke. They could never do that again. I don't expect you to understand, I just remembered, you are from Rockdumb.

TigerPride
12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
still BETTER than rockdull...not trying to bash

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
just looking out for ya :inlove:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

rockdale80
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
The one game we lost, we donkey stomped them in the playoffs when we were at full strength and Canyon was a fluke. They could never do that again. I don't expect you to understand, I just remembered, you are from Rockdumb.

Dang. That was a good one. You took the first half or our towns name, and used a not so nice adjective for the second half to come up with an insult. I am surprised no one has thought to do that yet. Did you think of that all by yourself? You are so smart. I am in awe right now. A loss is a loss is a loss. You are right, it is all subjective. But saying you are the 3rd best team in the state, while you are sitting at home after the semis, and with 3 losses is absurd. I know you want to believe that you were better than you are, but the reality does not support you. I apologize that you cannot see that through your loyalty, but it is the fact.

Daddy D 11
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
hmm, i dunno if im up to ":kiss:" yet, i mean after all you did call me " the mouth " of LH yesterdday :( :rolleyes: :hairpunk:

IHStangFan
12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Dang. That was a good one. You took the first half or our towns name, and used a not so nice adjective for the second half to come up with an insult. I am surprised no one has thought to do that yet. Did you think of that all by yourself? You are so smart. I am in awe right now. A loss is a loss is a loss. You are right, it is all subjective. But saying you are the 3rd best team in the state, while you are sitting at home after the semis, and with 3 losses is absurd. I know you want to believe that you were better than you are, but the reality does not support you. I apologize that you cannot see that through your loyalty, but it is the fact. LOL

rockdale80
Originally posted by TigerPride
still BETTER then rockdull...not trying to bash

Wow. Rockdull? That is great. You have never used that one before. Are you and snydertigergurl in cahoots? You two are so clever with the insults. I better stop being realistic before you two really show me by coming up with something more clever than rockdull....:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
hmm, i dunno if im up to ":kiss:" yet, i mean after all you did call me " the mouth " of LH yesterdday :( :rolleyes: :hairpunk:
:( Sorry.....

JR2004
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Throw all that paper that you're looking at out the window. Championship games are won with passion and determination....not with previous 'team and individual' statistics.

No...They're won by teams with "college level coaching"...That's the only way to win a state title in DII.

OldNavy
12-16-2007, 07:47 PM
... I don't think Celina will make it 8 State Championships this weekend and separate themselves from any pack.

You may be right, but, you must admit that it is a pretty good PACK to be in!

China Springs has emerged at the top of the outstanding teams from region 3 and 4. There should be no doubt that they can play and beat anyone. They have nothing to prove. They did not luck their way into this match-up.

Now, I think Celina has a good chance. I don't think their record this year or over the last 10 years is luck. They play a high intensity, hard nosed brand of football. They have been beaten over the last few years, but it took real good teams to do it.

Your crystal ball may be clearer than mine, but, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

JJ7997
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
still BETTER than rockdull...not trying to bash

Rockdale would kill Snyder. :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Rockdale would kill Snyder. :rolleyes: well...I don't know about all that...but...

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2007, 07:58 PM

At least Snyder is in the playoffs EVERY year.

lostaussie
12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Gilmer did nothing to impress me at all:dispntd: dang the wind is still blowing:doh:

CelinaProud
12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Idiotic Statements That Bear Repeating:

Nice Signature Texan, it really is applicable here!

lynx_rufus
12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, what pleases me is that this week we are down to one game.

Which means all the talk can focus on the 3A State Football Championship. :D

Good luck to both China Spring and Celina.

But . . . it would be great if a 2A team wins the 3A Championship. :eek:

JR2004
12-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud

Pot meet kettle...

TigerPride
12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
lol.

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 08:29 PM

We'll find out this weekend, won't we?

GreenGobbla
12-16-2007, 08:48 PM
hicks+eskew=team

CelinaProud
12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
We'll find out this weekend, won't we?

Look, unlike most of you, I have not seen CS play, and I will be the first one on here saying a big congrats if they win. However, to count us out, it doesn't make sense to me. As for the air, I really believed we'd kick LH butt last year, and thought that feeling was certainly in the air. Well, a field gold later and all the air held was a bunch of cold wind. We lost and the better team won. That's the way the field goal goes....

I mean no disrespect, just a bit of trash talking in honor of the team I believe in, without disrespecting CS. One thing I do know is there appear to be no actual CS posters on this board, and thus they have THAT amount of intelligence on us :D

I wish both teams all the safety and good play in the world, but I do hope and believe Celina will win.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Dang. That was a good one. You took the first half or our towns name, and used a not so nice adjective for the second half to come up with an insult. I am surprised no one has thought to do that yet. Did you think of that all by yourself? You are so smart. I am in awe right now. A loss is a loss is a loss. You are right, it is all subjective. But saying you are the 3rd best team in the state, while you are sitting at home after the semis, and with 3 losses is absurd. I know you want to believe that you were better than you are, but the reality does not support you. I apologize that you cannot see that through your loyalty, but it is the fact.

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :foul:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 10:27 PM

HAHAH LMAO!!!

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Look, unlike most of you, I have not seen CS play, and I will be the first one on here saying a big congrats if they win. However, to count us out, it doesn't make sense to me. As for the air, I really believed we'd kick LH butt last year, and thought that feeling was certainly in the air. Well, a field gold later and all the air held was a bunch of cold wind. We lost and the better team won. That's the way the field goal goes....

I mean no disrespect, just a bit of trash talking in honor of the team I believe in, without disrespecting CS. One thing I do know is there appear to be no actual CS posters on this board, and thus they have THAT amount of intelligence on us :D

I wish both teams all the safety and good play in the world, but I do hope and believe Celina will win.

I'm not saying Celina is going to be out from the opening kickoff. I just think China Spring's season is one of those "I can't believe what's happening" seasons that will take them to the State Championship. Celina's a very good team, and I have never seen them play...but I have seen CS play and just think it's in the cards for them this season.

charlesrixey
12-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm not saying Celina is going to be out from the opening kickoff. I just think China Spring's season is one of those "I can't believe what's happening" seasons that will take them to the State Championship. Celina's a very good team, and I have never seen them play...but I have seen CS play and just think it's in the cards for them this season.

yeah well, i don't trust the cards much anymore

ten years ago i thought Patrick Hutka and his Rogers team were just destined to win the state title, especially over a West Texas team in Stanton. Hutka had 6,000 yards of total offense, including 4,700 passing yards(the state record at that time) and you just knew a player that transcendant would win the championship

well, you can guess what happened from there

Rogers was dominated

so much for destiny

LHPfactory
12-17-2007, 01:01 AM
China Spring wont see the endzone more than twice, im sure of that , I wont give em more than 10 points against Celina.

I like CS, but Celina is going to win, (mainly because LH went D1), which means Celina will enjoy a state title in DII this year.

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 01:37 AM

True, but exactly who has Cuero and Lavega beaten...hardly anyone that maters,. CS will be nothing but a speed bump for Celina, but I wish you well

But their Destiny will end on Saturday.

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Championships are won with talent discipline execution and DEFENSE...you can be as passionate as you want..but those are facts.

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 01:49 AM

Seems we were the only ones that could slow down LH..so I think CS will be nothing but a good speed bump maybe a small ditch to cross

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
hicks+eskew=team

more like canon fodder:)

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 02:00 AM

Excellent Post CP:)

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 02:02 AM

Not unless that deck is loaded with Jokers...this game should be between LH and Celina..grrr:)

bobcat1
12-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Seems we were the only ones that could slow down LH..so I think CS will be nothing but a good speed bump maybe a small ditch to cross

I have all the respect for this team as I did for Snyder. Being one of the last 2 teams in the state doesn't equate to a speed bump. What you're saying is all D11 Region 3 & 4 teams are speed bumps for China Spring and again, that was not the case. It is alright to be confident your team will win IMO, but not disrespectful of your opponent. They deserve better than that.

Here's to a good game that we win by at least 1. *raises coffee cup* ;)

piratebg
12-17-2007, 06:34 AM

Finally, a great post from a true fan of his team and the game.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 06:44 AM

No offense to Snyder, because you know I am a fan, but Gilmer would have taken Snyder to the woodshed!

I saw Snyder play in at least 6 games this year....the game I witnessed between Liberty Hill and Gilmer was on an entirely different level!

Mom has spoken!!:D

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 06:49 AM
..this game should be between LH and Celina..grrr:)
No, it should not.

JT44
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
CS was very talented....they were very respectful and good sports throughout and after the game. some of those kids came all the way over to the cuero sideline to catch up w/some of our seniors after the game, not a simple handshake, seemed to be some very good young men.

I'll be rooting for them to win it all.

44INAROW
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
CS will be nothing but a speed bump for Celina

you know, I couldn't decide who to root for in this game -it's comments like this that help me make up my mind

Go Cougars..........................

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by piratebg

Finally, a great post from a true fan of his team and the game.
Ah, bobcat1 is just as hopeful as I am that Celina finally graduates from a 2A program and gets to join 3A this year. :rolleyes:

Come on, Bobcats. Finish it!

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Excellent Post CP:)

Thanks Alaska! I hear excellence runs in the town! See you Saturday! No ice storms hindering your path this time! :)

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
True, but exactly who has Cuero and Lavega beaten...hardly anyone that maters,. CS will be nothing but a speed bump for Celina, but I wish you well

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Originally posted by 44INAROW
you know, I couldn't decide who to root for in this game -it's comments like this that help me make up my mind

Go Cougars..........................

:clap: :clap: AMEN, Sister!!

MN95
12-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
China Spring wont see the endzone more than twice, im sure of that , I wont give em more than 10 points against Celina.

I like CS, but Celina is going to win, (mainly because LH went D1), which means Celina will enjoy a state title in DII this year.

I expect CS to be a formidable opponent who could win this game, just like Liberty Hill did last year. You won't see me predicting an easy win.

But, I remember last year's game with LH being a nail biter that either team could have won, so I wouldn't go so far to say that LH won this year only because we went DII.

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by MN95
I expect CS to be a formidable opponent who could win this game, just like Liberty Hill did last year. You won't see me predicting an easy win.

But, I remember last year's game with LH being a nail biter that either team could have won, so I wouldn't go so far to say that LH won this year only because we went DII.

I remember it being a nail biter as well, and until the very end! I truly do wish LH & Celina could have rematched this year. I hope the coaches allow them to play prior to next season, but if I were a coach, either LH or Celina, I would never let that happen:) However, I am not a coach, but a fan, and I can hope...

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
ttt

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
ttt

Okay, I know I'm showing my novice roots here but what does ttt mean?

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Okay, I know I'm showing my novice roots here but what does ttt mean?

To the top

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Okay, things are making more sense every day! Thanks!

TexanFan4Life
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Championships are won with talent discipline execution and DEFENSE...you can be as passionate as you want..but those are facts.

Talent without passion is nothing.

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
No, it should not.

Well I guess half of 3a is better than none huh Mom, If it was me I would want the rematch just to put the "I told You so Stamp on it"....But if we won, the we would all need a rubber match right?:)

LH has had a couple of wonder full years and I applaud them/you/all Panther supporters for it.....but I still think had we run headlong into each other this year the result COULD have been quite different.

But according to your post, you don't want to find out..correct?:)

I trained racehorses for years, and if my best horse got beat a nose...I would be looking to get another shot at the winner..I am no different now.

That is why I think DIV I and DIV II sucks when separated....You don't get nothing but a diluted winner.:)

But that the UIL way ..so congratulations on your Rings.....now we gotta go get ours...and when its over, maybe Hutto will have a better year next year and we can come visit again:)

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I know it seems like I'm picking on you, but I'm not-you just keep saying things that I have to respond to. Like the above. Celina is the most passionate little city I have ever met! I mean it is so deeply intertwined in these folks. I was at the game last week, a full 4.5 hours away, with the stands utterly filled and behind me was a man and his son, and his boy, maybe eight, and he were watching the players come on the field.

The boy goes, "awww man dad..."
The dad goes, "in just a few years, that's you and you're gonna kill at your semi-finals games!"
boy goes, "you aint kidding! I can't wait!"

I mean this kid's 5-6 years out and he's so in love with Celina football ALREADY he and his dad are counting the minutes, AND betting that when he's in school Celina will still be in the semi's, because that is PASSION and tradition.

I mean, fine say CS is going to kill us, because hey, it might happen (as to you loyal Bobcats, I don't think so either), but remember that there is a legacy here and not just that but a tradition of not just past and present but future. We don't lack passion, we don't lack talent, we don't lack coaching, but neither are we perfect. I mean the Cowboys lost yesterday, UT sucks this season, OU beat the #2 team (I think) and LH got that field goal. Point is, any given FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY the BEST team is determined in that moment. However, there is something in the air in Celina and that's pride and respect, for self and for our opponents. However, you don't win games by focusing on losing!

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Thats true too...but in Celina we dont have to acquire passion ..it is genetic, and only need concentrate on the Talent, Discipline and Execution, etc:)

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Well I guess half of 3a is better than none huh Mom, If it was me I would want the rematch just to put the "I told You so Stamp on it"....But if we won, the we would all need a rubber match right?:)

LH has had a couple of wonder full years and I applaud them/you/all Panther supporters for it.....but I still think had we run headlong into each other this year the result COULD have been quite different.

But according to your post, you don't want to find out..correct?:)

I trained racehorses for years, and if my best horse got beat a nose...I would be looking to get another shot at the winner..I am no different now.

That is why I think DIV I and DIV II sucks when separated....You don't get nothing but a diluted winner.:)

But that the UIL way ..so congratulations on your Rings.....now we gotta go get ours...and when its over, maybe Hutto will have a better year next year and we can come visit again:)
I didn't notice anyone complaining about the split divisions last year before the DII championship game. :thinking: :thinking: But by your logic, Celina has 3.5 state championships with the split into divisions, correct?

And in case you haven't been keeping up, Hutto will have ZERO to do with any 3A teams' playoff status again.

BUT: This thread is about China Spring and should be kept to that.

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I didn't notice anyone complaining about the split divisions last year before the DII championship game. :thinking: :thinking: But by your logic, Celina has 3.5 state championships with the split into divisions, correct?

And in case you haven't been keeping up, Hutto will have ZERO to do with any 3A teams' playoff status again.

Those 1/2 championships are a killer I tell ya!! :rolleyes: :devil:

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Ok so I wont reply to 1.0 total LH championships then. :)

And I also won't ask I thought Hutto was the biggest school in Ya'lls district?:)

Cameron Yoe 452
Hutto 778 <-----
Liberty Hill 599
Rockdale 524
Taylor 881 <-----

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I know it seems like I'm picking on you, but I'm not-you just keep saying things that I have to respond to. Like the above. Celina is the most passionate little city I have ever met! I mean it is so deeply intertwined in these folks. I was at the game last week, a full 4.5 hours away, with the stands utterly filled and behind me was a man and his son, and his boy, maybe eight, and he were watching the players come on the field.

The boy goes, "awww man dad..."
The dad goes, "in just a few years, that's you and you're gonna kill at your semi-finals games!"
boy goes, "you aint kidding! I can't wait!"

I mean this kid's 5-6 years out and he's so in love with Celina football ALREADY he and his dad are counting the minutes, AND betting that when he's in school Celina will still be in the semi's, because that is PASSION and tradition.

I mean, fine say CS is going to kill us, because hey, it might happen (as to you loyal Bobcats, I don't think so either), but remember that there is a legacy here and not just that but a tradition of not just past and present but future. We don't lack passion, we don't lack talent, we don't lack coaching, but neither are we perfect. I mean the Cowboys lost yesterday, UT sucks this season, OU beat the #2 team (I think) and LH got that field goal. Point is, any given FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY the BEST team is determined in that moment. However, there is something in the air in Celina and that's pride and respect, for self and for our opponents. However, you don't win games by focusing on losing!

Incredible. How long have you lived in Celina? 2 years?

Did you seriously just compare Celina to the Cowboys, UT & OU???

"LH got that field goal" :thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmm.....how is that showing respect to your opponent? Like they just got lucky with that field goal. Never mind your defense gave up those yards that lead to the field goal or that the LH defense stopped the Celina offense on 4th down & 1.

ARGH!

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok so I wont reply to 1.0 total LH championships then. :)

And I also won't ask I thought Hutto was the biggest school in Ya'lls district?:)

Cameron Yoe 452
Hutto 778 <-----
Liberty Hill 599
Rockdale 524
Taylor 881 <-----

Hutto will be 4A next year thus
originally posted by Lh
Panther Mom

Hutto will have ZERO to do with any 3A teams' playoff status again

MN95
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM

"LH got that field goal" :thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmm.....how is that showing respect to your opponent? Like they just got lucky with that field goal. Never mind your defense gave up those yards that lead to the field goal or that the LH defense stopped the Celina offense on 4th down & 1.

ARGH!

Since I am opposing a Celina poster in another thread, I will side with one here.

I don't think she COMPARED Celina to any of those teams, and nowhere in her reply did she say LH got lucky. Your words not hers. I have seen that she is more than capable of responding, but I think she is simply saying that on any given day, one football team can beat another.

Were you one of those people that heard messages from the devil when you played Beatles records backwards?

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 05:21 PM

ARGH!

First let me say, I like you...second let me say, you gotta be kidding right?

Good grief, to everyone out there that assumes that because I'm a Celina believer my posts are to infuriate, put down, irritate or be condescending, let me assure you ALL (not just you p4s) that is not the case. I'm genetically inclined to be a smart arse, but other than loving Celina FB and my family and God (not in that order!), I mean no harm or in this case foul!

Heck no I wasn't comparing Celina to the Cowboys, UT, or OU. I mean, what the...?

I was saying ON ANY GIVEN DAY.....we all think we rock the world (including Liberty Hill) and with rights to do so because you know, LH is a darn GOOD FB program, and so is Celina, and Snyder and apparently China Springs (though I admit to NOT knowing about CS prior to this season!). However, you just never know. Mac Brown lost Vince to the pros and UT's program began to spiral and UT's no one man show. Stoopes ("stoop-id" as I like to call him to infuriate my OU lovin' husband) lost Peterson to the same place and he is still kicking ARSE left and right. You just never know because on any given day..........

As for the field goal, I was dead-on serious and well aware that LH stopped us short, but like it or not, that was a CLOSE game and given another few minutes, who knows. However, there were no minutes left and on that day, LH WAS THE BETTER TEAM. Like it or not. Which I don't, but I surely accept it and own it.

And as DaHop pointed out, I AM GREAT AT WEARING MY FEELINGS HANGING OUT, and I admit to it, but apparently you don't suck at it either. I'm gonna assume that's because we're women, and because we're both women, and because I perused the other threads before this one and see that there is a war of words brewing, I'm going to assume you're just frustrated and that you don't think I'm ACTUALLY the village idiot, contrary to the opinion of others. Cause truthfully if we hate or love one another, or stick to middle ground and just agree to like the other, it aint gonna change the fact that Celina wins or looses on Saturday, or the fact that LH won last year and we lost.

I just want to be a fan, and make some semi-funny remarks, side with and for my team, debate those worthy of it, respect my opponents and have a merry freaking Christmas. By the way, if I'm putting people down, I'll own it, apologize for it and tip my hat to those who point it out.

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
ENOUGH ENOUGH. The game might be close until late in the first half, but Celina wins this one going away. I believe that they would beat Liberty Hill or Gilmer. Too bad, that game will never happen this year.

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 05:36 PM

And as DaHop pointed out, I AM GREAT AT WEARING MY FEELINGS HANGING OUT, and I admit to it, but apparently you don't suck at it either. Hey, don't bring me into this, we've kissed and made up right.:D :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
ENOUGH ENOUGH. The game might be close until late in the first half, but Celina wins this one going away. I believe that they would beat Liberty Hill or Gilmer. Too bad, that game will never happen this year.

Lets not get to carried away with them beating Liberty Hill, they might but idk.

I know they could beat Gilmer, Wylie probally should have beaten Gilmer but they choked up.

Celina vs. Liberty Hill would definetly be a good game though.

CelinaProud
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey, don't bring me into this, we've kissed and made up right.:D :D
Yes, yes, yes! Like I said, can't deny the truth! I am not even mad at anyone really, just shocked that when I try to be, you know, less emotional, I get nailed as well!:inlove: :kiss:

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Hutto will be 4A next year thus

That ought to be fun..If Hutto goes 4A then Taylor most likely will also...that leaves a 3 team district..how fun:) Maybe a new thread Realignment possiblilities...

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Lets not get to carried away with them beating Liberty Hill, they might but idk.

I know they could beat Gilmer, Wylie probally should have beaten Gilmer but they choked up.

Celina vs. Liberty Hill would definetly be a good game though.

Amen Amen..exactly!!

I went to the Trinity-South Lake game last year...same scenario 15-0 15-0 the previous

DIVI and DIV II champs meet in 1st round Texas Stadium ..Looser goes home.

Trinity went home...BUT 47,000 fans showed up to watch a barn burner... and SLC won it the closing seconds on a failed 4th and 1 by Trinity from Trinities own 30...while leading by 3..SLC stuck it in to win as the clock ran out... . this would create a huge crowd.

When we played Crawford in Burleson a couple years ago....14-0 and 14-0 and we lost...but 20,000 showed up to see it. Celina LH would be much larger I feel.

We did extract our revenge on Crawford the next year though:)

CelinaTurf
12-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Here's my take on the wisdom expressed by this undoubtedly educated human being. I don't claim to be some feelings genius. I ain't some football stats guru who knows numbers by heart either. But I do know some things about life.

I can't explain how the human body processes food, but I can tell you that once it's processed it is destined that something will happen to it. Whether or not I feel like moving it to the appropriate place or not, it's just going to happen - sooner or later - it's destiny. Sometimes I try to fight destiny, but I can't hold on any longer and I just have to give in and succumb to my feelings and just let destiny take over and do what it does.

However, do feelings dictate the outcome? When I first got married - some 40 +/- years ago - I felt like I was in charge of when any "extra curricular" activities would manifest... but my feelings were dead wrong. I felt like I could continue to spend my money however I wanted... but I soon learned that I had no money.

What it all boils down to is this, all feelin's are is just feelin's, and feelin's don't get nothin' done on the football field, players and coaches and clean-up crews and plumbers get things done. The way I see it, destiny has been on the side of the bobcat for many years, and it's gonna be hard to get her to switch sides and play for the other team.

PS- After the game you might want to invest in a shot of an adult beverage.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey, don't bring me into this, we've kissed and made up right.:D :D

Say Hop, I noticed you kept that Wakeland statement in your sig line. So far only Snyder was tougher. BTW, Wakeland and CS rate out reasonably close together with cs being only 8 places ahead overall and near even O and D numbers.

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Say Hop, I noticed you kept that Wakeland statement in your sig line. So far only Snyder was tougher. BTW, Wakeland and CS rate out reasonably close together with cs being only 8 places ahead overall and near even O and D numbers. No, it's a different one that you quoted later. I had three different sigs between the first one and this one. :D :D

TexanFan4Life
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
Here's my take on the wisdom expressed by this undoubtedly educated human being. I don't claim to be some feelings genius. I ain't some football stats guru who knows numbers by heart either. But I do know some things about life.

I can't explain how the human body processes food, but I can tell you that once it's processed it is destined that something will happen to it. Whether or not I feel like moving it to the appropriate place or not, it's just going to happen - sooner or later - it's destiny. Sometimes I try to fight destiny, but I can't hold on any longer and I just have to give in and succumb to my feelings and just let destiny take over and do what it does.

However, do feelings dictate the outcome? When I first got married - some 40 +/- years ago - I felt like I was in charge of when any "extra curricular" activities would manifest... but my feelings were dead wrong. I felt like I could continue to spend my money however I wanted... but I soon learned that I had no money.

What it all boils down to is this, all feelin's are is just feelin's, and feelin's don't get nothin' done on the football field, players and coaches and clean-up crews and plumbers get things done. The way I see it, destiny has been on the side of the bobcat for many years, and it's gonna be hard to get her to switch sides and play for the other team.

PS- After the game you might want to invest in a shot of an adult beverage.

First you call me 'undoubtedly educated', then you go on to attempt to insult my intelligence. Which is it?

Second, why didn't you just write a sentence or two saying that you disagreed with me? You didn't have to tell us stories about your sex life, being broke, and your FIRST marriage. Please move to another thread and go babble some place else.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
First you call me 'undoubtedly educated', then you go on to attempt to insult my intelligence. Which is it?

Second, why didn't you just write a sentence or two saying that you disagreed with me? You didn't have to tell us stories about your sex life, being broke, and your FIRST marriage. Please move to another thread and go babble some place else.

At least he knows what he is talkin about.

Bobcat_Mom
12-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I have all the respect for this team as I did for Snyder. Being one of the last 2 teams in the state doesn't equate to a speed bump. What you're saying is all D11 Region 3 & 4 teams are speed bumps for China Spring and again, that was not the case. It is alright to be confident your team will win IMO, but not disrespectful of your opponent. They deserve better than that.

Here's to a good game that we win by at least 1. *raises coffee cup* ;)

Become a little gun shy huh Bobcat1? Don't worry, I know how you feel. Not that I don't agree w/ some of what you're saying but....seems that anyone from C-Town can't say anything anymore w/ out being ripped apart. What a shame!

CelinaProud
12-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Bobcat_Mom
Become a little gun shy huh Bobcat1? Don't worry, I know how you feel. Not that I don't agree w/ some of what you're saying but....seems that anyone from C-Town can't say anything anymore w/ out being ripped apart. What a shame!
You aint kidding! You should read some of the non-published stuff! I have never made so many people mad without even attempting to in my life. I am beginning to think I should get on a striped uniform and call myself a referee just for the safety net of it all. :) Let me say this once more for all to read, I mean what I say, and I respect you all, especially LH who won last year based on talent and not luck. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 12:10 AM
You aint kidding! You should read some of the non-published stuff! I have never made so many people mad without even attempting to in my life. I am beginning to think I should get on a striped uniform and call myself a referee just for the safety net of it all. :) Let me say this once more for all to read, I mean what I say, and I respect you all, especially LH who won last year based on talent and not luck. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Happy Holidays to you as well.

CelinaProud
12-18-2007, 12:10 AM

I thought what he wrote was hilarious!

Give the guy a break it was his first post and who cares if he waxed sentimental. We all do, have and will. I bet his wife, sex life and first marriage are fine things to talk about, even with regard to your destiny team. The fact that he can connect that information shows that, at his wise old age, he's still sharp as a tack!

CelinaTurf
12-18-2007, 12:52 AM

Thank you for your decided response. As per your "first...", Everyone is educated to one degree or another. My two year old has a level of education - not quite to your level I'm sure - so if you look at it with that light cast on it what I said could be 100% true. Also, I know a ton about removing crap from pipes, but nothing about birthing cows - therefore, I have a lot of intellect about one area, and not so much in another. I venture to say, the same is possible for you.

As to your "second...", I didn't want to write just a sentence or two. Why didn't you elaborate? I said nothing too hard to be understood did I? I can send a simplified version if you want. :confused:

Have you ever seen the inside of an engine that didn't have the oil changed in 50,000 miles? I haven't.

Are you related to the Lone Ranger?

I'll bet you drive a really fancy sports car, don't you? Me? I drive just an old c-10 that isn't going to impress anyone. I try to WOW them with my inner working knowledge of the animal kingdom food chain. I saw a bobcat relieve himself in the Chinese Spring on the latest Discovery Channel's airing of "Bobcats in the Wild: Why the Lion is even scared of him", which followed the acclaimed feature, "How the Lion eats Cougars for lunch!"... I'm sure someone of your intelligence has the entire series on DVD at home.

PLEASE RESPOND IN SIMPLE WORDS.

ADIOS AMIGO, That there is Spanish for Goodbye friend.

AAAARRRRWWWW, That there is Bobcat for, "Hey where are you running off to Cougar?"

bobcat1
12-18-2007, 06:01 AM

Absolutely. You know a fellar can only take being beat about the head and neck with words of criticism so long and he becomes silent himself. That will leave some turning circles chasing their tails so to speak with no one to argue with but themselves eventually.

I think I will just sit here and sell tickets to the sideshow.:D

alaskacat
12-18-2007, 09:19 AM
seems that anyone from C-Town can't say anything anymore w/ out being ripped apart. What a shame!

I resemble that remark:)

So I will try and bite my lip until Saturday...hate to give CS any ...uuum ammunition, I will just let the inevitable happen on Saturday:)...."Think Orange"

DaHop72
12-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Absolutely. You know a fellar can only take being beat about the head and neck with words of criticism so long and he becomes silent himself. That will leave some turning circles chasing their tails so to speak with no one to argue with but themselves eventually.

I think I will just sit here and sell tickets to the sideshow.:D
Here you go bobcat1, while you sell tickets I don't want you to get hungry. It might take awhile so I sent you two buckets.
:D :D

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gifhttp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2736/popcornbe1.gif

boudreaux
12-18-2007, 10:17 AM
This thread is composed of Celina posters arguing with each other.....amazing. Are there no China Springs posters on this board? Maybe they are smart enough to just stay out of the bickering.

CelinaCatFan
12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I do not understand the turn that this thread has taken. I'm just happy that the bobcats have an opportunity to play for a title on Saturday.

You'll not see me taking anything away from Liberty Hill (Congratulations by the way on your 2nd consecutive title) or any other team for that matter. The truth is, the players and coaches work way too hard to be put down or disrespected.

Since I have a family member on the coaching staff, I know how much time he spends away from his family and how much he sacrifices (as do the players). No, this is not unique to Celina. It can be said for all coaching staffs and players across the state.

That fact is: If you have a good program, you don't have to tell people about it. Everyone should already know.

On a side note, Celina has played China Spring one time before in the Quarterfinals of 1978. China Spring won 7-0, in what may have been the coldest game the Bobcats have ever played. It was sleeting and the gametime temperature was around 19 degrees!

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 10:54 AM
how about this scenario: Ill pretend im from China Springs and we can go back and forth all week?! :D thatll add some excitement boys and girls :clap:

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 11:32 AM
At least Snyder is in the playoffs EVERY year.

Snyder has been to the playoffs 10 times since 1990. Rockdale 9 times since 1990. Rockdale has been 16 times overall, and Snyder 21 times overall.

SNYDER IS 13-20 in post season play while Rockdale is 16-15 in less appearances.

Rockdale also has a state title.

Want to keep going?
:)

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
ttt

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
I am surprised there isnt some bid Rockdale sucks comeback. Oops..I meant I am surprised there arent some of these clever quips:

Rockdull
Rocklame

Or whatever insult you want to attach to the second half of Rockdale's name.

JR2004
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Snyder has been to the playoffs 10 times since 1990. Rockdale 9 times since 1990. Rockdale has been 16 times overall, and Snyder 21 times overall.

SNYDER IS 13-20 in post season play while Rockdale is 16-15 in less appearances.

Want to keep going?

BURNED!!!!

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Rockdale you're owning the same guy that thought you get a gold ball for the state title. lol

Snydertigersrul
12-18-2007, 01:36 PM

Want to keep going?

Keep living in 1976, we're already looking at 2008

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Snyder just got burned :eek:

JR2004
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Rockdale you're owning the same guy that thought you get a gold ball for the state title. lol

Well in his defense if you don't have one in the trophy case it's really just guessing on his part as to what you get for winning state.

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Keep living in 1976, we're already looking at 2008 Good luck making it that far without Clay

Snydertigersrul
12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Snyder just got burned :eek:

Liberty Hill was the pits before Vance got there

Black_Magic
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Good luck making it that far without Clay made it to the semifinals in 2004 when he was just a frosh and he never set foot on the field during those playoff games. two semifinal trips in 4 years. keep mouthing idiot.

Old Tiger
Liberty Hill was the pits before Vance got there They still have more state appearances and titles than snyder.

Snydertigersrul
Originally posted by Black_Magic
made it to the semifinals in 2004 when he was just a frosh and he never set foot on the field during those playoff games. two semifinal trips in 4 years. keep mouthing idiot.

At Snyder we reload. We never stay in rebuilding mode like Rockdale since 1976

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
At Snyder we reload. We never stay in rebuilding mode like Rockdale since 1976 Then explain to me why you have never made it to state if you reload? Especially in a region like you are in.

Snydertigersrul
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Then explain to me why you have never made it to state if you reload? Especially in a region like you are in.

When was the last time Rockdale was in the semifinals????
:D

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
At Snyder we reload. We never stay in rebuilding mode like Rockdale since 1976

Thought maybe I should post this again. I dont think any of that qualifies as rebuilding unless Snyder has been rebuilding right there with them....instead of reloading.....

Come on snyderstigergurl. I know you are smarter than that.

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
When was the last time Rockdale was in the semifinals????
:D Does it really make a difference how far you make it if you don't win a title, no.

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Liberty Hill was the pits before Vance got there

how many kids are walking around snyder with rings on their fingers? :thinking:

HAN SING
12-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Thought maybe I should post this again. I dont think any of that qualifies as rebuilding unless Snyder has been rebuilding right there with them....instead of reloading.....

Come on snyderstigergurl. I know you are smarter than that. Howmany Playoff games has Rockdale been in or won in the last 6 years? You guys remind me of A&M and thier envy of UT.

block&tackle
12-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Does it really make a difference how far you make it if you don't win a title, no.
Absolutely, of course it makes a difference!

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Howmany Playoff games has Rockdale been in or won in the last 6 years?

i bet both snyder and rockdale combined dont match up to LH :D :evillol:

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I dont disrespect Snyder, and that is not my intent. Funny thing is everytime I say something other than SNYDER IS AMAZING I have all of these DB's running their mouth about a school I played at 7 years ago. Ironically, it is a school that is pretty neck and neck with Snyder in terms of achievements over the years....

Rockdale has more wins in the playoffs than Snyder.
Rockdale has more overall wins.
Rockdale has a winning record in the playoffs, while Snyder does not.

Should I keep going? Come on Snydertigergurl. Get your little diapers out of a wad....;)

Snydertigersrul
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
i bet both snyder and rockdale combined dont match up to LH :D :evillol:

We won 10 in the last three years

rockdale80
Howmany Playoff games has Rockdale been in or won in the last 6 years? You guys remind me of A&M and thier envy of UT.

Why would Rockdale be envious of a school with a worse record? Come on now son...keep up.

Old Tiger
I dont disrespect Snyder, and that is not my intent. Funny thing is everytime I say something other than SNYDER IS AMAZING I have all of these DB's running their mouth about a school I played at 7 years ago. Ironically, it is a school that is pretty neck and neck with Snyder in terms of achievements over the years....

Rockdale has more wins in the playoffs than Snyder.
Rockdale has more overall wins.
Rockdale has a winning record in the playoffs, while Snyder does not.

Should I keep going? Come on Snydertigergurl. Get your little diapers out of a wad....;)
State Titles:
Rockdale 2(1 PVIL) - That is black school state championship
Snyder 0

Winning %
Rockdale over .500
Snyder under .500

HAN SING
12-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Why would Rockdale be envious of a school with a worse record? Come on now son...keep up. Howmany playoff games has Rockdale won in the last 6 years? Not many have they?;) :p Wonder why you want to talk about records of people who played 20-30 years ago...:thinking:

Old Tiger
We won 10 in the last three years What difference does it make how many wins you have in the playoff if you don't have a state title. It doesn't translate.

Snydertigersrul
How many have you won in the last four years?

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
We won 10 in the last three years

we have won 11 in the last 2 years :D

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Howmany playoff games has Rockdale won in the last 6 years? Not many have they?;) :p Wonder why you want to talk about records of people who played 20-30 years ago...:thinking:

Ok. You are right. In fact everyone I know in Rockdale sits around and talks about how they wish they had lost those games so we could have the same losing record as Snyder. I personally wish we had lost those playoff games when I was in HS school so that we could have a losing playoff record too. Our apologies.

Black_Magic
12-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I can tell you Snyder has won 13 in 6 years and been to the quarter finals 3 times and semifinals 2 times.

How has rockdale done in the same period of time( recent history)?

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I can tell you Snyder has won 13 in 6 years and been to the quarter finals 3 times and semifinals 2 times.

How has rockdale done in the same period of time( recent history)? It doesn't matter how many games you win in the playoffs as long as you don't produce a state title you are no better than a team that loses in bi-district. Also region III playoffs are far tougher than the weakness of region I.

pirate4state
12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh my good gracious!!!! SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Black_Magic
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
It doesn't matter how many games you win in the playoffs as long as you don't produce a state title you are no better than a team that loses in bi-district. Also region III playoffs are far tougher than the weakness of region I. the dodging of the question ( how many playoff games Rockdale has won in the last 6 seasons) proves my point. :clap: Point made;)

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
dude, i dont mean to bash on rockdale but are you really that proud of the fact that you have won more in the last few years then rockdale? If snyder is infact such an established, "rebuilding" program, why are we even having the conversation? :thinking:

Black_Magic
12-18-2007, 02:27 PM
dude, i dont mean to bash on rockdale but are you really that proud of the fact that you have won more in the last few years then rockdale? If snyder is infact such an established, "rebuilding" program, why are we even having the conversation? :thinking: You are missing the point. If your going to constantly bash as these fellows have been doing on Snyder ( for what ever reason ) then you better have a program your self. not what was done during WWII either. Dont like someone sticking up for thier school then dont listen. Thats simple isnt it?:)

Old Tiger
12-18-2007, 02:28 PM
you're in region I

region III is the toughest in the state

your region gets a bye

pirate4state
12-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh my good gracious!!!! SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

seriously......drop it....how the heck did a thread about China Spring turn into a Snyder/Rockdale pissing contest???? :rolleyes:

Butkus
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
seriously......drop it....how the heck did a thread about China Spring turn into a Snyder/Rockdale pissing contest???? :rolleyes: Yeah cuz we all no that Sweetwater has more wins than either one a those tigger teams.:devil:

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
You are missing the point. If your going to constantly bash as these fellows have been doing on Snyder ( for what ever reason ) then you better have a program your self. not what was done during WWII either. Dont like someone sticking up for thier school then dont listen. Thats simple isnt it?:)

here is some more simple math:

24 wins in a row + 2 state championships + 11 playoff wins in the last 2 years = better than Snyder :evillol:

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
You are missing the point. If your going to constantly bash as these fellows have been doing on Snyder ( for what ever reason ) then you better have a program your self. not what was done during WWII either. Dont like someone sticking up for thier school then dont listen. Thats simple isnt it?:)

Rockdale's better...

Nuh uhhh, Snyder's better....

What??? Liberty Hill's better.....

Wait a minute...What about Celina???

Wow. Just wow.

pirate4state
12-18-2007, 02:32 PM
oh wait....i just realized these are comments split from that other thread....poor china spring....carry on with your idiotic behavior! :thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 02:32 PM
and by the way i am just bored right now and trying to stir the pot, hope no one from either towns thinks anything other than that i love each town :kiss:

TexanFan4Life
12-18-2007, 02:34 PM
oh wait....i just realized these are comments split from that other thread....poor china spring....carry on with your idiotic behavior! :thumbsup:

My thread was ruined. After all that hard work and everything. :)

Balcones fault
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
and by the way i am just bored right now and trying to stir the pot, hope no one from either towns thinks anything other than that i love each town :kiss:

No offense, nice attempt to get the train back on track.

Can we give these Snyder and Rockdale folks a basketball thread or a next year we'll be great thread to go play on? Sheesh.

Pardon my rookie opinion. Leaving now.

Black_Magic
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Yeah cuz we all no that Sweetwater has more wins than either one a those tigger teams.:devil: wow. kinda strange. If im not mistaken sweetwater has not won enough games these last couple of years in order to meet up with snyder. Gota win more than one playoff game now days.:p

Butkus
12-18-2007, 02:49 PM
wow. kinda strange. If im not mistaken sweetwater has not won enough games these last couple of years in order to meet up with snyder. Gota win more than one playoff game now days.:p Man blackie ole son i wish u an ole str would make up ur minds whether were livin in tha past or present. Seems ta change dependin which side ur on that day.:doh:

Black_Magic
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Man blackie ole son i wish u an ole str would make up ur minds whether were livin in tha past or present. Seems ta change dependin which side ur on that day.:doh: Well thar butkis, I wuld think your would know a difference between talkin about wins when Truman was president and what happened THIS year and LAST year. OK to make you happen we can stick to this year.

Butkus
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Well thar butkis, I wuld think your would know a difference between talkin about wins when Truman was president and what happened THIS year and LAST year. OK to make you happen we can stick to this year. Heck blackie that Truman wuz one fine feller and ifin were talkin bout this year u jus go head an ill wait til next year.:doh:

rockdale80
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Rockdull?

come on blackie. I was coaxed into this by the ignorance of a few of the snyder faithful. Blame me if you want though. I dont care either way. Rockdale has been superior HISTORICALLY!

END OF STORY!

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I do not understand the turn that this thread has taken. I'm just happy that the bobcats have an opportunity to play for a title on Saturday.

You'll not see me taking anything away from Liberty Hill (Congratulations by the way on your 2nd consecutive title) or any other team for that matter. The truth is, the players and coaches work way too hard to be put down or disrespected.

Since I have a family member on the coaching staff, I know how much time he spends away from his family and how much he sacrifices (as do the players). No, this is not unique to Celina. It can be said for all coaching staffs and players across the state.

That fact is: If you have a good program, you don't have to tell people about it. Everyone should already know.

On a side note, Celina has played China Spring one time before in the Quarterfinals of 1978. China Spring won 7-0, in what may have been the coldest game the Bobcats have ever played. It was sleeting and the gametime temperature was around 19 degrees!

I sooooooooooo agree! That seems to be forgotten across the board, good programs speak for themselves, but apparently some just like to ignore that fact and say bad things. Whatever! I have MANY times tried to show our appreciation to the coaches, as a parent, for all of their time and dedication. They are often w/ our kids and not theirs, that I so give them credit for and thank them as often as I can.

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I sooooooooooo agree! That seems to be forgotten across the board, good programs speak for themselves, but apparently some just like to ignore that fact and say bad things. Whatever! I have MANY times tried to show our appreciation to the coaches, as a parent, for all of their time and dedication. They are often w/ our kids and not theirs, that I so give them credit for and thank them as often as I can.

That's right mom and thanks. I was at practice today and saw Bobcat1. It was a beautiful day out and the boys were so pumped they still looked fresh after 3 hours of practice. Course that might be because of the off season program......

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
That's right mom and thanks. I was at practice today and saw Bobcat1. It was a beautiful day out and the boys were so pumped they still looked fresh after 3 hours of practice. Course that might be because of the off season program......

Must have seen you there, I'm almost always at practice...they did look good and fresh, I do think it's the off season program that really helps keep them in shape. My small baking & card gestures don't even compare to what they do, but it's the least we can do to show our appreciation along w/ support.

Go Bobcats!