PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill, Sinton and Burnet

Aggiemom
12-01-2002, 09:45 PM
I have been reading this message board since the beginning of this football season. I have enjoyed everything I read, sometimes I have laughed extremely hard and every once in awhile I have gotten so upest/mad that I thought I would scream. I have been thinking about something that happened about a week ago and I have decided to post and voice my opinion on a couple of matters. Please allow me this time and then I will feel so much better.

To Liberty Hill: I have been rooting for your team since the very beginning of this season. After the Burnet/Wharton game, my family and 2 other families made the drive to Seguin to watch you compete against Yoakum. From the second we walked into the stadium, because my daughter is a trainer for Burnet and still wearing her "official uniform", your fans cheered for Burnet. The people we sat around were incredibly gracious to us and to Burnet. They shared every possible noisemaker they had with us, and boy do you guys go all out! Anyway, for the most part it was very enjoyable....that is...until halftime. A gentleman came and sat in front of us and he started bashing Burnet, to no end. He KNEW he was sitting in front of a group of Burnet people and he went on and on. I thought that was the most classless act I have ever seen. I know on this board some things were said before our game against you guys but the comments on here were made by a non-thinking teenager. I can tolerate that and understand when it is teens doing the bantering back and forth. But when it is the adults making the idiotic comments on here I get mad...and when the comments are made practically in person that takes the cake. I know it is only one person and I also understand that. I, for one, was extremely disappointed when LH lost that game. I believe the officiating in that game was not up to the standards it could have been. I wanted you guys to experience the same "dream season" that Burnet is enjoying. You did have that dream season actually but it was cut short. Good luck next year and for a minimum of 9 games I will be your biggest out of town supporter BUT for 48 minutes of your season....sorry...Dawgs rule!

To Sinton: Wow! What can I say? You guys gave me one heart attack after another Saturday afternoon. That was the best high school game I have ever attended and I would be saying that same thing if the outcome had been different. Your players were extremely classy after the game. My daughter said they were very cordial to her and the other trainers working outside the locker rooms. As a mother I appreciate that. Thank you for the kind words about us on the posts. I also want to say thank you to the very kind family who ate at Logans Steakhouse. They were put in a room with nothing but Burnet fans and had to feel a little awkward. As we were leaving they told us "Good luck and take take State, let's keep it in Region 4"! Thanks again for the kind words. Your fans showed how kind hearted and loving your community truely is. One day I want to come down your way and see what Sinton is all about! I will be cheering for you next season and hope that we meet again! Of course, same story...for 48 minutes sorry but...GO DAWGS!!!

To Burnet: Players, coaches, of course trainers...You have given this little ole town the ride of our lives. (okay for some of us this is the first time) Thank you for that! You have come a long way this season, going from unranked to the #2 team in the state. #1 in the eyes of this town. Whatever happens, you have made us proud and you have put Burnet on the map. When we played Austin Reagan, after the game, a lady told my friend that she had never heard of Burnet and my friend replied, "Well, now you have!". Little did we know then how prophetic those words were! Whatever the outcome of this coming game, which I believe will be another W, hold your heads high. Remember Spirit-Pride-Honor! I have come to enjoy football more than I ever thought possible. Now...GO SIC 'EM DAWGS!!! I KNOW you can do it!

Most importanly though..

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!! ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!!!!

oh and #3 YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO BEFORE THE GAME wink

Thanks for "listening" and sorry for the length.

spiritpridehonor
12-02-2002, 03:55 PM
That was a great post!!! I really enjoyed reading it. You said things that I've been thinking and feeling also. I've also had some of the same experiences you have had with opposing teams. Overall they are all positive and they back the Burnet Bulldogs. I have even come across them at some of our games. Looking forward to Saturday!!! GO BULLDAWGS!!

ONE TEAM ONE DREAM
SPIRIT PRIDE HONOR - NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY

PhiI C
12-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Thank you for the kind words on Sinton Aggiemom and good luck against Jasper this week! As for Sinton we will be back this spring in baseball where we are defending state baseball champions in 3A!

pirateman98
11-20-2003, 05:25 AM
Well Aggiemom, I hope you get your wish too!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2003, 05:33 AM
Aggiemom, I forgot about this from last year. (Thanks, pm98 for bringing it back up. :) ) I know it's almost a year late, but I have to apologize for that idiot. We appreciated your support last year and do again this year. Good luck to us all.

LHMom
11-20-2003, 01:07 PM
AggieMom - Thanks for your support. We are certainly hoping to take advantage of our second chance against Yoakum on Saturday!

olddog73
11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Best of luck this weekend Liberty Hill! We will be pulling for you. (Even if the Yoakum Head Coach is a 72 Burnet Grad and ex Bulldog QB wink Do the district proud and play em hard. I would love to see you guys go all the way this year.

dawg03
11-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Aggiemom that was AWESOME! Thanks for the inspiring words!

afflac65
11-20-2003, 08:42 PM
i went a saw yoakum last week and didnt show me anything. liberty hill should win this game.
i went a saw wharton play cuero last week and they were able to capabilize off of cueros mistakes. burnett should win this game if they have use their speed around to the outside and their passing. if burnett tries to run the ball right up the middle against wharton it will be a long day for burnett.
wimberly will have a long night against rice consolidated they have the quickest and the biggest overall line that have seen this year you have to remember that bellville beat rice by 3 points by using 2 trick plays that turned into touchdowns because they could not run against rice
defense in that game. the wharton game they had to touchdown passes dropped into the endzone.
nobody has won state yet this is just something to think about......