PDA

View Full Version : Celina teams from the past!

westtexasfbfan
12-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Every year Celina has good teams, but they will have their off year one day. It happened back in 2002 with Daingerfield! Wasn't it Daingerfield who ended their winning record back then? So, enjoy the good years Celina. If everyone had the facilities that Celina had, others would win championships too. Let's go China Spring! (Where is China Spring?)

ensig
12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
Every year Celina has good teams, but they will have their off year one day. It happened back in 2002 with Daingerfield! Wasn't it Daingerfield who ended their winning record back then? So, enjoy the good years Celina. If everyone had the facilities that Celina had, others would win championships too. Let's go China Spring! (Where is China Spring?)

china spring is on the nw side of lake waco opposite of waco... part of the school district is actually in waco city limits

CelinaProud
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan

You've seen the movie PP&G-we didn't have these facilities until after that and we were winning championships and going for titles well BEFORE THEN. Also coming from a 5A school district prior, our facilities there were as nice as the one Celina has and we had no recent championships to speak of. Facilities don't make the team, the coaching and the kids do. The rest of it, including us fans and the facilities, are just a support system.

its_n_D_water
12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah... the fans did their job at the Snyder game.....do yall practice those cheers??

bobcat1
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
Yeah... the fans did their job at the Snyder game.....do yall practice those cheers?? Was it loud?

CelinaProud
12-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah... the fans did their job at the Snyder game.....do yall practice those cheers??
:)

Where do you think I got my name...WE ARE CELINA AND WE ARE PROUD:eek:

block&tackle
12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Like all of those freshmen standing on the sideline, we tend to get about 6 weeks of extra practice most years.;)

NastySlot
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
if i remember right daingerfield stop the winning streak...didn't give celina a losing record....and if i remember right it was in the playoffs...first year up from 2A.......Celina has a program and remind me of Plano when I was growing up............I haven't lived in the area for 20 years...but the last time I was in Celina they still had that little stadium and no parking...do they have new facilities now?

CelinaProud
12-16-2007, 11:47 PM
We still have a small stadium and no parking, but I think what the earlier poster was talking about was the conditioning and workout equipment, which is considerably better than before the movie was made, but still doesn't hold a candle to other, larger and smaller, schools. It certainly is a step up from a barn with rocks and wheel barrel's but it's no 24-hour fitness!