PDA

View Full Version : Who was the last team to...

8HR
12-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Coach Hall posted on another board the question:

Who was the last team, before last night's Liberty Hill performance, to win a State Championship without attempting a pass during the game?

Any ideas???

Old Green
12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 8HR
Coach Hall posted on another board the question:

Who was the last team, before last night's Liberty Hill performance, to win a State Championship without attempting a pass during the game?

Any ideas??? I believe it was Flower mOund Marcus.

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 10:26 AM
they attempted a pass but the QB decided to win so technicaly they attempted, lol.

j/p

GreenMonster
12-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I believe it was Flower mOund Marcus. I thought Marcus was one of the original air attacks in Texas. I would go small school, probably a wishbone team like Windthorst.

alaskacat
12-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I thought Marcus was one of the original air attacks in Texas. I would go small school, probably a wishbone team like Windthorst.

The last time I saw Windthorst I think 2004 they played Shiner for the title and just barely won on a missed shiner X point with no time left

Shiner would ..chug chug chug drive the length of the field and stick it in and Windthorst came out throwing..and could do it well and score in like 1 minute.

then back to Shiner chug chug chug score

And do it all over again..was a great game to watch.

Old Green
12-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I thought Marcus was one of the original air attacks in Texas. I would go small school, probably a wishbone team like Windthorst. I may be wrong on the team. It might have been Lewisville vs Judson back in the 96 or 97. It was a big Deal about it in the SA Express about them not passing in the game.

GreenMonster
12-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I may be wrong on the team. It might have been Lewisville vs Judson back in the 96 or 97. It was a big Deal about it in the SA Express about them not passing in the game. I would come a lot closer to buying that one than the Marcus one. Lewisville was a dang good wishbone team under Ronnie Gage back then.