PDA

View Full Version : A 3A Downlow suggestion....please read

kaorder1999
12-18-2003, 12:55 PM
when i began posting on this board many, many moons ago this was a 3A Football Message board. During the offseason there is some basketball talk. I have no problem with that especially in the offseason. But I'm getting sick and tired of PhilC's act concerning girls sports...

MY SUGGESTION: Take away the 3A COACHING JOBS forum and add a GIRLS SPORTS FORUM so that the people that want to read about girls sports can there and I dont have to read PHILC's posts that are being posted just to aggravate people!

spiveyrat
12-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Whoa! Get a grip.

I don't particularly care about girls sports either. SO, I just don't read the thread.

BullFrog Dad
Don't you just hate it when girls break up with their high school sweethearts?

Ranger Mom
Hey...I like PhilC!!

He is really good about letting you know what his post is going to be about - so just don't click on it.

You know nothing is going to change here - the moderators/administrators feel they have a good thing going and don't want to mess with it.

I, for one, have to agree with them!!

Titans
12-18-2003, 01:04 PM
It is...even after they get pregnant. That's the worse!

Keith7
12-18-2003, 01:23 PM
kaorder1999:
when i began posting on this board many, many moons ago this was a 3A Football Message board. During the offseason there is some basketball talk. I have no problem with that especially in the offseason. But I'm getting sick and tired of PhilC's act concerning girls sports...

MY SUGGESTION: Take away the 3A COACHING JOBS forum and add a GIRLS SPORTS FORUM so that the people that want to read about girls sports can there and I dont have to read PHILC's posts that are being posted just to aggravate people!I agree Phil C is a great guy, but i think it would benefit him greatly if he had his own lil board for himselve to post on

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 01:24 PM
GIRLS SPORTS RULE!!!

GO SPURS! BEST SERIES WE EVER HAD!!!

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Gobbla2001:
GIRLS SPORTS RULE!!!

GO MAVS! BEST TEXAS TEAM WE EVER HAD!!!Ditto..

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 01:32 PM
District303aPastPlayer:

Gobbla2001:
GIRLS SPORTS RULE!!!

GO MAVS! BEST TEXAS TEAM WE EVER HAD!!!Ditto..HEY, what the hell? ha

bulldogvet85
12-18-2003, 01:41 PM
kaorder1999:

MY SUGGESTION: Take away the 3A COACHING JOBS forum and add a GIRLS SPORTS FORUM so that the people that want to read about girls sports can there and I dont have to read PHILC's posts that are being posted just to aggravate people!Whoa dude what do you have against girls sports?
he maybe aggravating people, but girls sports dont get much attention as guys do. There are same real athletic girls out there too. There is always a simple answer to a problem like this just dont click on it. Be smart if you know what its about and you dont like to read it DON'T CLICK ON IT!!!!!!!!!! why is that so hard for some people?

kaorder1999
12-18-2003, 02:03 PM
first of all...most of the time he does a good job makingit a separate thread...therefore...i dont click on it.

secondly...he also sometimes sticks his comments directly in the middle of a thread about football therefore there is nothing for me NOT to click on.

i have nothing against the guy...im just tired of him doing it purposely like hes trying to make or prove a point.

there is nothing wrong with women's sports. never said there was anything wrong with it.

<small>[ December 18, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

Sinton94
12-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Don't stop there! How about no GIRLS allowed in this site either!

kaorder1999 tell us what's really bothering you!

kaorder1999
12-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Sinton94:

kaorder1999 tell us what's really bothering you!nice one...very intellectual there...

if PhilC wants topost about woments sports..i have noproblem with it....keep it OUT of the football threads and post them ALL as their own thread and then...that way I have a choice not to click on them.

The only reason i posted this is because PhilC is doing it just to aggravate people. And you cant tell me that isnt true.

<small>[ December 18, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

BullFrog Dad
12-18-2003, 02:22 PM
How 'bout that Mia"Green Eggs and"Hamm?

BulldogGrl64
12-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Sinton94:
Don't stop there! How about no GIRLS allowed in this site either!What's up with that?! eek! :mad:

Keith7
12-18-2003, 02:24 PM
kaorder1999:

Sinton94:

kaorder1999 tell us what's really bothering you!nice one...very intellectual there...

if PhilC wants topost about woments sports..i have noproblem with it....keep it OUT of the football threads and post them ALL as their own thread and then...that way I have a choice not to click on them.

The only reason i posted this is because PhilC is doing it just to aggravate people. And you cant tell me that isnt true.yea and i dont like girls athletics

Keith7
12-18-2003, 02:28 PM
If thre was a seperate board for girl's then no one would post on there and just be a waste of space

pirate4state
12-18-2003, 02:33 PM
BulldogGrl64:

Sinton94:
Don't stop there! How about no GIRLS allowed in this site either!What's up with that?! eek! :mad: I hope he was being sarcastic. I think Keith7 has other issues. :rolleyes: And kaorder has finally had it with Phil's posts. eek! I think we've all been there!! :D :p

<small>[ December 18, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
12-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Keith7:
If thre was a seperate board for girl's then no one would post on there and just be a waste of spaceAnd why is that?

Sinton94
12-18-2003, 02:59 PM
pirate4state:

BulldogGrl64:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sinton94:
[qb]Don't stop there! How about no GIRLS allowed in this site either!What's up with that?! eek! :mad: I hope he was being sacrastic.

Of course I was being sarcastic! I think it's funny that it's even an issue!

BulldogGrl64
12-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Sinton94:

pirate4state:

BulldogGrl64:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sinton94:
[qb]Don't stop there! How about no GIRLS allowed in this site either!What's up with that?! eek! :mad: I hope he was being sacrastic.

Of course I was being sarcastic! I think it's funny that it's even an issue!LOL :D Sinton94, you need to check out the Key Matchups.....post :D LOL

poncho
12-19-2003, 02:04 PM
You're kidding right? Hahahehe thats funny! what a since of humor!!! :cool: :p

Keith7
12-19-2003, 02:16 PM
BulldogGrl64:

Keith7:
If thre was a seperate board for girl's then no one would post on there and just be a waste of spaceAnd why is that?The only people on there would be Phil C and Old Card

Bandera YaYa
12-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Titans:
It is...even after they get pregnant. That's the worse!...after THEY (the girls?) get pregnant???????
I might have this all wrong, but I think it takes both of them to make a baby........????
I hope this was some kind of humor and you are really not this much of moron!! :mad: or :p

Phil C
12-19-2003, 03:08 PM
When a person of ka great intelligence and character takes me to task I can only bow my head in shame and say "Come on ka! Get with it! Go to a girls sporting event this weekend! You don't know what you are missing." Merry Christmas ka. :)

Phil C
12-19-2003, 04:02 PM
ka and Keith you must improve your attitude toward women's sport. I will keep posting until you improve your attitude and even then keep posting! I will not stop! It would be like stopping the waves from hitting the shore! Your only hope is for me to get ROMed. Otherwise the voice of women's sports will continue.

Phil C
12-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Oh and Spvy has something there. A person's sn is on the topic so that is easy to ignore. And when you look at the replies it has the sn name on top and you can just scroll down and not read that person's reply. It seems simple enough to me. I'm going to the girls' basketball game tomorrow Pirate4State.

Wildcat81
12-19-2003, 04:32 PM
I like girls basketball,softball,Volleyball.
We didn't have soccer when I was in school soI don't know much about it.

PAINTBALL
12-19-2003, 04:42 PM
A little bit of trivia information. When I first moved to Burnet, a local lawyer's daughter in Burnet was a very good basketball player. In talking to college coaches, he was told that out of state high school girls had a better chance of being recruited because they played full court basketball, but Texas still played half-court. Since the Texas girls only had experience on either offense or defense, they weren't looked at on an equal basis with girls from other states. I helped with the research and participated in the lawsuit in Federal court which forced UIL to change to full court, one of the last states to do so. That's one of the reason you will read in some of my post about how UIL is stubborn and sometimes a lawsuit against them is necessary.

Phil C
12-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Good Job Paintball!! And thank you for your contribution to women's sport in Texas.

poncho
12-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Phil C:
Good Job Paintball!! And thank you for your contribution to women's sport in Texas.I second that!!! :cool:

Old Cardinal
12-19-2003, 04:59 PM
I comment on ALL sports on this board; however, when I talk about any girls sports specifically, I try to put the thrust of the message in the topic section so that you- that don't want to read that info can JUST NOT CLICK on it. I hope that is being nice enough to not offend anyone...

Bell_06
12-19-2003, 05:07 PM
PAINTBALL:
A little bit of trivia information. When I first moved to Burnet, a local lawyer's daughter in Burnet was a very good basketball player. In talking to college coaches, he was told that out of state high school girls had a better chance of being recruited because they played full court basketball, but Texas still played half-court. Since the Texas girls only had experience on either offense or defense, they weren't looked at on an equal basis with girls from other states. I helped with the research and participated in the lawsuit in Federal court which forced UIL to change to full court, one of the last states to do so. That's one of the reason you will read in some of my post about how UIL is stubborn and sometimes a lawsuit against them is necessary.Have you ever participated with inequality suits concerning Title IX and individual schools?

PAINTBALL
12-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Bell_06:

PAINTBALL:
A little bit of trivia information. When I first moved to Burnet, a local lawyer's daughter in Burnet was a very good basketball player. In talking to college coaches, he was told that out of state high school girls had a better chance of being recruited because they played full court basketball, but Texas still played half-court. Since the Texas girls only had experience on either offense or defense, they weren't looked at on an equal basis with girls from other states. I helped with the research and participated in the lawsuit in Federal court which forced UIL to change to full court, one of the last states to do so. That's one of the reason you will read in some of my post about how UIL is stubborn and sometimes a lawsuit against them is necessary.Have you ever participated with inequality suits concerning Title IX and individual schools?No. I think that people should not read too much into title IX, especially the amount of money spent on the programs. You must agree, that the cost of volleyball is not that great compared to the cost of football. Safe football equipment is so expensive compared to the cost of tennis shoes and shorts and a shirt. If the courts ever ruled that the same amount of money had to be spent on girl's sports as boy's sports, it would be the death of football. Football is just so expensive to equip safley.

Bell_06
12-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree, each sport has to be looked at independently, but it's not just the safety equipment. What about when you have two sports such as baseball and softball, basically the same conditions are required for both. Also as in our school, there is no woman's athletics coordinator so there is a balancing problem from the get-go.

slpybear the bullfan
12-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Folks,

Many of you know I enjoy all kinds of sports, including those of the female variety. Although soccer is definitely evil ( wink ) I still go see my little girl play...

Now that the bona fides are out there...

...Ka was just trying to make a point about his views regarding Phil C's perceived militancy about Women's sports.

Thats all... he wasn't saying keep women out of the website, he was just tired of getting the sermon on women's sports too often.

Sheesh... I think everyone is getting a little carried away here.

SINTON81
12-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Phil C:
ka and Keith you must improve your attitude toward women's sport. I will keep posting until you improve your attitude and even then keep posting! I will not stop! It would be like stopping the waves from hitting the shore! Your only hope is for me to get ROMed. Otherwise the voice of women's sports will continue.Phil C, I like your style.

kaorder1999
12-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Phil C:
When a person of ka great intelligence and character takes me to task I can only bow my head in shame and say "Come on ka! Get with it! Go to a girls sporting event this weekend! You don't know what you are missing." Merry Christmas ka. :) i guess i'll keep it simple for you since according to you i have such great intelligence and character...i never said anything negative about girls sports..in fact I can almost guarantee that ive been to more girls sporting events then you have this year...not only the actual sporting events but their practices...shoot-arounds...etc..

im just tired of your preaching....

slpybear the bullfan
12-21-2003, 04:54 PM
ditto...