PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill

big daddy russ
12-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Wow. Just wow.

I thought LH/Gilmer would be a close game. Then I get a call from TxChallenge and find out that the Panthers took care of business. Great job, now where's crow no a stick? I'd eat the BBQ, but my heartburn's acting up.

Two straight. This is the first repeat in 3A since Everman, right? Am I overlooking anyone?

Anyways, do you start next season with Waco Conally again? If so, here's my prediction:

Conally 42
LH 21

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 01:54 AM
I figured that Liberty Hill's system they have running over there would kill Gilmer. I haven't been to a game but i've watched alot of film and read alot about them. How they lookin for next year?

big daddy russ
12-16-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I figured that Liberty Hill's system they have running over there would kill Gilmer. I haven't been to a game but i've watched alot of film and read alot about them. How they lookin for next year?
From what TxChallenge was telling me, there are a few players that will be extremely tough to replace, but that their JV had some studs-in-waiting. He also talked highly of the Lattimore kid, said they bring him back next year. Also said he may be the best player on LH, but that it'll no doubt be tough to repeat.

Also said that LH could very well go back to Region 4 (they're traditionally a R4 team) and pull a couple of 4A drop-downs into their district, meaning they'll be a Division II school.

So this is what I took from that conversation:
1.) I think LH is going to be a hell of a ballclub all over again.

2.) They could very well be playing in a much weaker region, but that the team that gave them the most problems this year will be waiting for them in the playoffs (depending on a large numbers of "what-ifs").

3.) I think LH is going to be a hell of a ballclub all over again.

eagles_victory
12-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
From what TxChallenge was telling me, there are a few players that will be extremely tough to replace, but that their JV had some studs-in-waiting. He also talked highly of the Lattimore kid, said they bring him back next year. Also said he may be the best player on LH, but that it'll no doubt be tough to repeat.

Also said that LH could very well go back to Region 4 (they're traditionally a R4 team) and pull a couple of 4A drop-downs into their district, meaning they'll be a Division II school.

So this is what I took from that conversation:
1.) I think LH is going to be a hell of a ballclub all over again.

2.) They could very well be playing in a much weaker region, but that the team that gave them the most problems this year will be waiting for them in the playoffs (depending on a large numbers of "what-ifs").

3.) I think LH is going to be a hell of a ballclub all over again. IMO Rockdale played them tougher then Cuero did

big daddy russ
12-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
IMO Rockdale played them tougher then Cuero did
I didn't see either game, but he said that as the Cuero score didn't indicate how close the game really was. LH caught a couple of good breaks and scored a couple extra times, but that the Cuero game was all about the bounces.

I don't know much about either game outside of the scores and what he told me, though. And TxChallenge, I hope I'm not getting you in any trouble with your fellow LH posters with any of this.

g$$
12-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Congrats to LH for the program they have built. Very impressive.

2 in a row is so tough to do & you did it. I predict a very good team next year too.