PDA

View Full Version : Does Gilmer...

eagles_victory
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Not have a punter?

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Yeah I started to think that the Gilmer coach will be answering questions to the Buckeye faithful for while after this game. He did not do a great job coaching this game IMO.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2007, 01:01 AM
easy to say that BUT..Traylor felt Gilmer needed to score everytime...and with the wind the way it was, a couple of those punts might have been 20 yards at the most

eagles_victory
12-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
easy to say that BUT..Traylor felt Gilmer needed to score everytime...and with the wind the way it was, a couple of those punts might have been 20 yards at the most How can you feel you have to score everytime when your leading 7-6 and stopped them on one of their first two possessions. Plus a draw on 4th and 4 when it just got stuffed the play before. You can only roll the dice so many times. They played their way out of the game on those plays in the first quarter.

mac77
12-16-2007, 01:21 AM
How about line up #22 in the I formation and give him the ball. With Gilmer's front line, why wouldn't they play some power football? They sure couldn't pass block very well.

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 01:31 AM
I agree. The Buckeye O Line was way over rated. They should have been pushing the Panther D Line back 2 to 3 yards with that size on the runs but they were not.
Being a big Aggie fan I am sorta glad the big boy is a tu commit. Not impressive IMO. Even when he came in to play defense he was being pushed around by the Panther offensive line.

mac77
12-16-2007, 01:38 AM
I was very impressed by the Latimore kid. That boy can hunt! I think he was in on every running play!

Panther One
12-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
I agree. The Buckeye O Line was way over rated. They should have been pushing the Panther D Line back 2 to 3 yards with that size on the runs but they were not.
Being a big Aggie fan I am sorta glad the big boy is a tu commit. Not impressive IMO. Even when he came in to play defense he was being pushed around by the Panther offensive line.
This is not the first time I have seen DI caliber linemen struggle with smaller, athletic defensive linemen. You have to remember, these guys will be blocking guys close to their same size in college and that's why they are projected as a DI lineman. We definitely won the trenches tonight.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2007, 01:43 AM

sorry but give your LH team credit for beating the Gilmer OL, but Snow is not overrated.

eagles_victory
12-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I wasnt real impressed with any of the highly hyped Gilmer players.

NDFootball
12-16-2007, 02:20 AM

All he needs is a frame to go into college with the strength and conditioning coaches will handle the rest of it

Panther One
12-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I wasnt real impressed with any of the highly hyped Gilmer players.
I'm pretty sure Johnson will be playing LB for OU. He doesn't have the speed to play RB. I think he'll be good on that side of the ball. I also think Harris will be on defense for the Ags, so there's two guys right there that weren't playing where I think they'll play in college. Johnson did play LB tonight, but you can't judge LBs against our offense. Last year for Sweeney, Tank Carder was lost all game...then he goes on to shine and win defensive MVP in the All-Star game and is at TCU now. And as I said before, big linemen like that sometimes do struggle when blocking smaller quicker guys. Those guys will get better in college.

The one player I wasn't impressed with was Godfrey. I realize the wind was swirling down on the field, but I wasn't impressed with his passing ability watching him on film, in warmups, or during the game. He has a strong arm, but he throws a lot of bad balls. He doesn't always get a good tight spiral and lacks accuracy. Being a sophomore, there's time to improve, and there's definitely lots of room for improvement.

K-MAC Chuck
12-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Some observations from the sidelines of the LH/Gilmer game (where I froze my freakin butt off! BRRRRR)..

*Justin Johnson is pretty good overall. That kickoff return was very nice...however, I agree with Panther One JV in his previous post - the BEST RB Lib Hill faced in the playoffs was Gary Tatum of Carthage (there's his name, PO-JV)..

*The Gilmer O-Line is BIGGG..however, before jumping on the bandwagon and ripping them, I ask: is it that LIberty Hill - especially Vance and his defensive staff - just had their usual awesome game plan? No, the Gilmer O-Line didn't impress anyone tonight, but it may be because of the Lib Hill D-game plan

*The Liberty Hill secondary, which continues to get ripped or called "average," was nothing short of outstanding tonight. In back-to-back series by the Gilmer offense, the LH DBs ripped, knocked and batted away 5 passes...say what you want, the secondary was just plain OUT-STAND-ING!

*Kudos to the Lib Hill bench. After watching Johnson run back the opening kickoff for a TD, the LH fans fell kinda silent. But not the Liberty Hill bench - in fact, the Panthers were QUITE MAD at themselves! The LH Defense was upset because they were looking forward to taking the field; the special team was upset at giving up the TD.

Congrats to Gilmer and the Buckeye community, you had a great season.

CONGRATULATIONS to the 2007 Class 3A, Division I state champions Liberty Hill Panthers!

eagles_victory
12-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Honestly, I thought Gilmer had too much respect for LH. I thought they respected them so much that they did things that didnt make a lot of sense.

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by mac77
How about line up #22 in the I formation and give him the ball. With Gilmer's front line, why wouldn't they play some power football? They sure couldn't pass block very well. #22 was held in check during this game on the offensive side of the ball as well as on the defensive side of the ball.

I noticed in the fourth quarter that Johnson lost his composure and tried to take a cheap shot on a LH player after the play but failed to do so. His coaches took him out right after...congrats to the coaches for being classy.

navscanmaster
12-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
#22 was held in check during this game on the offensive side of the ball as well as on the defensive side of the ball.

Guess you could say that he got "stumped":p

lostaussie
12-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Not have a punter? what were we gonna do in the 1st quarter? kick 15 to 20 yard punts into a 35 mph gale. LH punted in the 2nd and it went 21 yards. hell i would have went for it too. you were not gaining anything on a punt into that wind.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you were not gaining anything on a punt into that wind.
The wind at the back wasn't a lot better, at least on PAT's. FWIW, I would've gone for it as well - that wind was UGLY. :)

pirate4state
12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
You know, after reading some of these comments I'm just shocked by some of the "not impressed" comments. :dispntd: These are kids you are talking about. Kids who came into this game undefeated and obviously were doing something right up to this point. I would think the defense would have something to do with disrupting some of these players ability to perform at the level they had been prior to this game!

Jeez :rolleyes:

LHPantherfanII
12-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Not impressed isn't what I would say but ... I have to admit, prior to the game I was extremely nervous because of LH being up against 7 DivI prospects and they looked huge. The first 14 seconds REALLY made me nervous but then LH kicked it in to gear and took over the game!! I was extremely impressed with the way our boys played. I believe I was just expecting much more from Gilmer being that they have that much talent. The sportmanship on the field was very impressive. Good game players!! Thank you for the memories!!!

N4SIR
12-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I'm pretty sure Johnson will be playing LB for OU. He doesn't have the speed to play RB. I think he'll be good on that side of the ball. I also think Harris will be on defense for the Ags, so there's two guys right there that weren't playing where I think they'll play in college. Johnson did play LB tonight, but you can't judge LBs against our offense. Last year for Sweeney, Tank Carder was lost all game...then he goes on to shine and win defensive MVP in the All-Star game and is at TCU now. And as I said before, big linemen like that sometimes do struggle when blocking smaller quicker guys. Those guys will get better in college.

The one player I wasn't impressed with was Godfrey. I realize the wind was swirling down on the field, but I wasn't impressed with his passing ability watching him on film, in warmups, or during the game. He has a strong arm, but he throws a lot of bad balls. He doesn't always get a good tight spiral and lacks accuracy. Being a sophomore, there's time to improve, and there's definitely lots of room for improvement. Not to make any excuses because LH was for sure the best team on the field, and you may have heard by now, Godfrey is having surgery on his thumb that was dislocated in the Abiliene Wylie game. He has thrown many bad balls throughout the year but he's young (sophmore) and I believe will mature into a fine prospect.

ScoutsOut
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panther One
[B]
(1) I'm pretty sure Johnson will be playing LB for OU. He doesn't have the speed to play RB. I think he'll be good on that side of the ball.

:First off you may be right, but if you know anything about OU football which I dont think you do, then you would know that OU platoons runningbacks, and as far as Norman is concerned minus some of AD speed Johnson and AD are very similiar. OU also has 3 running backs that played this year and 2 red shirt and one freshman that are high caliber that didnt play this year, they also have JC out of van lined up to come in with Johnson as a running back, however with the limited commits at linebacker that OU has had like I said, you maybe right he may well get the chance to make it at either position. Oh, Johnson will also be there for spring practice as he graduates early, so he may have a better chance at LB since all the running backs are young. Also Johnson has been hampered with a back and hip injury and only due to the trainers and his will to play has he been on the field.

(2) I also think Harris will be on defense for the Ags, so there's two guys right there that weren't playing where I think they'll play in college.

:Here we have Harris who could go both ways as you say, but with the Aggies changing their offense with the new coaching hire and the limited amount of receivers they have recruited over the past he may well project better at reciever, since they have plenty of defensive backs who are young. Then again he may wind up at OU since all their top recievers are graduating next year and recruiting for recievers hasnt been that well for OU. If he goes to OU he will play reciever. I guess you didnt know he was going to visit Norman in the next couple of weeks.

Im sure you have your logic behind your scouting report, but I can tell you for sure that if you judge these two kids based on this one game, then I hope your not getting paid for your scouting opinion.

(3) The one player I wasn't impressed with was Godfrey. I realize the wind was swirling down on the field, but I wasn't impressed with his passing ability watching him on film, in warmups, or during the game. He has a strong arm, but he throws a lot of bad balls. He doesn't always get a good tight spiral and lacks accuracy. Being a sophomore, there's time to improve, and there's definitely lots of room for improvement.

: Here is where your total lack of knowledge of his situation leads to me writing this reply. Im sure you didnt know that Stump sustained a very bad dislocated thumb in the Wylie game and only due to his will and the confidence in him that his coaches had was he even on the field. I think your comments are way off base just by basing them on this game performance. You would hope when your team hits the final game that each player is healthy and plays his best game, but sometimes it just doenst happen that way. Your assesment of this kid is way off, but not for this game. If you look at his stats alone without even seeing him play (The entire season) and in your opinion base his abilities on this one game, then I guess all the scouts and coaches in college should call you because they obviously have know idea what talent is and should just stop coming to watch him.

I know its your opinion and I respect that I just think your lack of real knowledge of these kids is showing and I just couldnt let it go without a reply. I think you should always know the whole story or truth before you start opening your mouth. I wouldnt dare question these kids coaches, professional college scouts, college coaches as to say they arent playing where they should or where they should play based off one game. That to me is just Arm Chair Quarterbacking in the worst...Scoutsout

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2007, 07:59 AM
I don't know which is worse - Lamar keeping his commitment to play for the Aggies or switching at the last minute to join his friends up at UT-Norman.

Well, it could be even MORE disastrous. Briles could call him up and try to talk him into playing permanently at that horrible Floyd Casey Stadium in what one of my friends calls "the armpit of the universe" - Waco TX.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I don't know which is worse - Lamar keeping his commitment to play for the Aggies or switching at the last minute to join his friends up at UT-Norman.

Well, it could be even MORE disastrous. Briles could call him up and try to talk him into playing permanently at that horrible Floyd Casey Stadium in what one of my friends calls "the armpit of the universe" - Waco TX.

I'm glad yall played at Floyd Casey rather than Waco ISD! I hate that stadium!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2007, 08:46 AM
It's Waco I have a problem with. It doesn't matter which stadium. I understand the turf at Waco ISD needs to be replaced and that's why no one wants to play there anymore.

Not that it would have mattered in terms of the outcome of the game, but I wonder why our coaches didn't at least try (maybe they did) to convince the four semifinalists to agree that the two finalists would play at Texas Stadium rather than ANYWHERE in Wacko.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
It's Waco I have a problem with. It doesn't matter which stadium. I understand the turf at Waco ISD needs to be replaced and that's why no one wants to play there anymore.

Not that it would have mattered in terms of the outcome of the game, but I wonder why our coaches didn't at least try (maybe they did) to convince the four semifinalists to agree that the two finalists would play at Texas Stadium rather than ANYWHERE in Wacko.

Texas Stadium would only host two games on Sat and those were already set

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the clarification. TS policy has changed, then, since 2004.

Gilmer played Snyder in the semis at night and there had already been at least two games before ours that day.

tdsteele
12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Everyone raved about the LH O, but the LH D is an outstanding outfit. I enjoyed watching them play. Gilmer's QB is having surgery this week on that thumb but I doubt it would have made an impact. Without being able to rush the ball, there was not much passing going to be happening in those conditions. The outcome would have been same in any conditions. Maybe a little closer score, but a win for LH all the same. They played like champions and are worthy. Congratulations to LH and I salute you.

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
thanks steele :clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 09:39 AM

Gilmer played Snyder in the semis at night and there had already been at least two games before ours that day.

No policy has not changed..Tx Stadium hosted 4 and 3 game days all play-offs

It is just that on Sat, they wanted to allow Abilene and Plugerville more time since both were coming from out of town and this caused them to allow only two games

Pawdaddy
12-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Pass the crow and humble pie. I might even take seconds on both. LH is by far the best team I have seen face these Buckeyes this year and totally dominated the game. The LH offense did exactly as advertised but the LH defense really impressed me. I would never have expected to have our running COMPLETELY shut down, but it was. Great poise after the opening kickoff return. Great preparation on defensive side of the ball. Great execution on the offensive side of the ball. Great season for the LH Panthers, DI 3A State Champions. Great season minus one game for the Gilmer Buckeyes. Every 3A DI school in the state, except for one, would have liked to be in Gilmer's place. Congratulations to LH and their fans.

waterboy
12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, Pawdaddy. You took the words right out of my mouth. Although I was impressed with Liberty Hill's team overall, the most impressive thing to me was their DEFENSE. Their defense was well prepared which is a good sign of good coaching. Gilmer got absolutely nothing on the ground. That defense did not miss tackles. They were awesome. It just goes to show that the old adage "offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!" still holds true. Maybe our coaching staff will be able to learn from this loss and better prepare for the next time around. We will be back..........don't know when, but we will be back. Congratulations to the Liberty Hill Panthers - the 3A Division I State Champions!

BTW, I like my crow well done with a little A1, please!:D

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 10:42 AM
:clap: :clap:

I'm glad to see that both of you returned, but we missed you at the halftime M&G.

waterboy
12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap:

I'm glad to see that both of you returned, but we missed you at the halftime M&G.
Where was it? Was y'all cooking the crow for me? I'd a been glad to stop by.:D

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 11:37 AM
ttt

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Where was it? Was y'all cooking the crow for me? I'd a been glad to stop by.:D :doh: :doh: :doh:

We met at the opposite end of the score board. There were only a few threads about it last week. ;)

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

We met at the opposite end of the score board. There were only a few threads about it last week. ;)

I am mad at lostaussie....he KNEW where it was!!:mad: :mad:

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am mad at lostaussie....he KNEW where it was!!:mad: :mad: :) :) :)

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ScoutsOut
[B]

:First off you may be right, but if you know anything about OU football which I dont think you do, then you would know that OU platoons runningbacks, and as far as Norman is concerned minus some of AD speed Johnson and AD are very similiar.

\ you obviously never saw AD play high school football because there is no comparison.

TexanFan4Life
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
easy to say that BUT..Traylor felt Gilmer needed to score everytime...and with the wind the way it was, a couple of those punts might have been 20 yards at the most

A 20 yard punt is better than a turnover on downs

:)

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
what were we gonna do in the 1st quarter? kick 15 to 20 yard punts into a 35 mph gale. LH punted in the 2nd and it went 21 yards. hell i would have went for it too. you were not gaining anything on a punt into that wind. Id take a 25 yard punt that means they have to drive 60 or 65 yards instead of 35 or 40 that can be a pretty big difference. In my mind it shows no confidence in your defense. To me it was very obvious LH had the mental advantage from the outset in this game.

TexanFan4Life
12-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Id take a 25 yard punt that means they have to drive 60 or 65 yards instead of 35 or 40 that can be a pretty big difference. In my mind it shows no confidence in your defense. To me it was very obvious LH had the mental advantage from the outset in this game.

I agree with you. We all know that LH can score on anybody, but that is just horrible coaching on Gilmer's part. I didn't see the game, but from reading this thread I can kind of figure what went on.

How many times did Gilmer go for it on 4th?

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 12:57 PM
you obviously never saw AD play high school football because there is no comparison.

Ok..Yes I did see AD play and I never said they were a mirror image, I said they are similiar, Johnson just not being as fast. And untill you explain what the "no comparisons" are, Ill keep my opinion as it is, as Im sure the others who are of that opinion will as well.

Now if you had said Johnson is more of a mirror image of Dickerson and not AD then I would be in agreement with you. I was speaking about OU football and as far as size and physical charachteristics as well as being a punishing runner, cut back abilities and vision on the field they are similiar and as far as Norman would be concerned that would be a find, thus being similiar.

Now again please explain your "No Comparison".
Also, I know AD was compared to alot of different backs when he was coming out of highschool so which comparison of his did you not agree with? They all get compared one way or another...jeez...ScoutsOut

nobogey72
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
[B]
(1) I'm pretty sure Johnson will be playing LB for OU. He doesn't have the speed to play RB. I think he'll be good on that side of the ball.

:First off you may be right, but if you know anything about OU football which I dont think you do, then you would know that OU platoons runningbacks, and as far as Norman is concerned minus some of AD speed Johnson and AD are very similiar. OU also has 3 running backs that played this year and 2 red shirt and one freshman that are high caliber that didnt play this year, they also have JC out of van lined up to come in with Johnson as a running back, however with the limited commits at linebacker that OU has had like I said, you maybe right he may well get the chance to make it at either position. Oh, Johnson will also be there for spring practice as he graduates early, so he may have a better chance at LB since all the running backs are young. Also Johnson has been hampered with a back and hip injury and only due to the trainers and his will to play has he been on the field.

(2) I also think Harris will be on defense for the Ags, so there's two guys right there that weren't playing where I think they'll play in college.

:Here we have Harris who could go both ways as you say, but with the Aggies changing their offense with the new coaching hire and the limited amount of receivers they have recruited over the past he may well project better at reciever, since they have plenty of defensive backs who are young. Then again he may wind up at OU since all their top recievers are graduating next year and recruiting for recievers hasnt been that well for OU. If he goes to OU he will play reciever. I guess you didnt know he was going to visit Norman in the next couple of weeks.

Im sure you have your logic behind your scouting report, but I can tell you for sure that if you judge these two kids based on this one game, then I hope your not getting paid for your scouting opinion.

(3) The one player I wasn't impressed with was Godfrey. I realize the wind was swirling down on the field, but I wasn't impressed with his passing ability watching him on film, in warmups, or during the game. He has a strong arm, but he throws a lot of bad balls. He doesn't always get a good tight spiral and lacks accuracy. Being a sophomore, there's time to improve, and there's definitely lots of room for improvement.

: Here is where your total lack of knowledge of his situation leads to me writing this reply. Im sure you didnt know that Stump sustained a very bad dislocated thumb in the Wylie game and only due to his will and the confidence in him that his coaches had was he even on the field. I think your comments are way off base just by basing them on this game performance. You would hope when your team hits the final game that each player is healthy and plays his best game, but sometimes it just doenst happen that way. Your assesment of this kid is way off, but not for this game. If you look at his stats alone without even seeing him play (The entire season) and in your opinion base his abilities on this one game, then I guess all the scouts and coaches in college should call you because they obviously have know idea what talent is and should just stop coming to watch him.

I know its your opinion and I respect that I just think your lack of real knowledge of these kids is showing and I just couldnt let it go without a reply. I think you should always know the whole story or truth before you start opening your mouth. I wouldnt dare question these kids coaches, professional college scouts, college coaches as to say they arent playing where they should or where they should play based off one game. That to me is just Arm Chair Quarterbacking in the worst...Scoutsout

Scoutsout,

1.) You need to meet my wife, because she thinks she is the smartest person in the world. Ya'll would have a lot in common.

2.) It was Godfrey's LEFT thumb that was dislocated.

3.) Who did AD "platoon" with during his 3 yrs up there?

4.) Everybody on this forum "opens their mouth" without knowing the whole story. If you are going to write a short novel every time you see it, I hope you have a lot of free time.

Having said all that, I think that you are the first and only Gilmer player, fan, coach that I have come across, or heard of that seems like a real knowitall PR___.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Scoutsout,

1.) You need to meet my wife, because she thinks she is the smartest person in the world. Ya'll would have a lot in common.

: Wow, original attack, maybe you should listen to her and me because we obviously both agree with each other..Im sure her and I would be great friends and laugh at you exstensively.

2.) It was Godfrey's LEFT thumb that was dislocated.

: Ever try to take snaps with a severe dislocated thumb? Much less play with the pain, especially in this day and age when you cant even get good shots or meds so you can play. Since the spread starts and stops with the QB if there is anything including injury, weather, opposing defense causing him to lose focus or have a bad game then that offense doesnt work. I mearly pointed out that this kid was injured and gave it his best shot and to critizise his abilities by that one game appears to me to be in poor taste.

3.) Who did AD "platoon" with during his 3 yrs up there?

: AD platooned with Allen Patrick, Jacob Guteriez, his last year you can add Chris Brown.

4.) Everybody on this forum "opens their mouth" without knowing the whole story. If you are going to write a short novel every time you see it, I hope you have a lot of free time.

: I may just do that, and I have all the time I want and if you dont like my stories I suggest you not read them. I dont respond with short attacks and when I discuss things I have a discussion regardless of the amount of words that I have to type.

Having said all that, I think that you are the first and only Gilmer player, fan, coach that I have come across, or heard of that seems like a real knowitall PR___.

: Well, now your just trying to be an @$$, everyone on here has posted something where they knew it all. All the LH fans knew they were going to win! I hope you have some intelligent words to pass along to them. Or it could be maybe its just some know more than you and your feelings are hurt. Whichever, all you can do is deal with it or dont read it, makes no difference to me.. I got all the time in the world, especially now, and especially for you...ScoutsOut

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Ok..Yes I did see AD play and I never said they were a mirror image, I said they are similiar, Johnson just not being as fast. And untill you explain what the "no comparisons" are, Ill keep my opinion as it is, as Im sure the others who are of that opinion will as well.

Now if you had said Johnson is more of a mirror image of Dickerson and not AD then I would be in agreement with you. I was speaking about OU football and as far as size and physical charachteristics as well as being a punishing runner, cut back abilities and vision on the field they are similiar and as far as Norman would be concerned that would be a find, thus being similiar.

Also, I know AD was compared to alot of different backs when he was coming out of highschool so which comparison of his did you not agree with? They all get compared one way or another...jeez...ScoutsOut

First off they are very similar except for speed. I dont know about you but speed is pretty big deal when it comes to being a running back. One of the main things that separates AD from everyone else is his speed.

Also AD hits the hole much harder and runs with much more power then Johnson. Plus everyone geared up to stop AD when he was in hs and he was still running for 200 to 300 yards every game he didnt have a wr tandom like Tumnello sp? or Harris to take the pressure off him.

Ad was way more of a homerun threat and was much harder to bring down and more powerful

You sound like you have a serious case of sour grapes might want to see a physician for that.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
First off they are very similar except for speed. I dont know about you but speed is pretty big deal when it comes to being a running back. One of the main things that separates AD from everyone else is his speed.

If speed is the main factor then LE should have been playing LH instead of Gilmer. Also LH proved that speed isnt everything. Its funny, Emmit Smith ran a 4.6 to 4.8 40 and hes the all time leading rusher in NFL history. Tatum has speed, yet they lost. Trying to give you examples you understand. AD isnt the fastest back in the NFL, he wasnt the fastest in college either.

Also AD hits the hole much harder and runs with much more power then Johnson. Plus everyone geared up to stop AD when he was in hs and he was still running for 200 to 300 yards every game he didnt have a wr tandom like Tumnello sp? or Harris to take the pressure off him.

Well, we can agree to disagree on this one, personally Johnson hits it just as hard, to me. AD never made it past the first round in the playoffs, I guess it was his coaches fault for not having anyone to pass to? That just doesnt fly with me. And since the Palestine offense was strictly geared around AD, it shouldnt be no surprise that he had good numbers. Yet, the LH backs numbers are better, and against alot better competition and they never throw the ball.

Ad was way more of a homerun threat and was much harder to bring down and more powerful

Your opinion, from what I have seen they are pretty even here, and I stress at the Highschool level.

You sound like you have a serious case of sour grapes might want to see a physician for that.

I dont know why I have sour grapes, if your refering to the Gilmer loss, you have know idea how wrong you are. LH again, was perfect and clearly the better team. I dont lose sleep at night when Gilmer has a loss.

By the way I see your up in Nac-a-no-where. I graduated highschool from there. Dragons had a pretty good year this year, finally.

Panther One
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
ScoutsOut,

First of all, I'm basing my opinions on the L-E, Mabank, Wylie, and LH games and I stand by my opinions. I could care less about their season stats. Gilmer played some VERY weak teams, against whom they piled up impressive stats, so you can throw the numbers out.

I'll say it again. Johnson is not any better than Pratt from Navasota and definitely not in Peterson's league. Anybody in Peterson's league would be starting at RB next year at his school of choice and playing on defense wouldn't even be talked about. Rivals even has Johnson listed as a linebacker. I could also care less about where Harris is visiting. As of now, he is committed to A&M, so I used A&M. Maybe he'll get a shot at receiver. I just think he'll have a better chance of being an impact player on defense. And Godfrey didn't impress me in games before the injured left thumb. He also dropped snaps in those games, before the injured thumb. He's a good athlete. I'm just not impressed with his QBing skills. I know he has time to improve, as he's just a sophomore, so we'll see.

And as far as injuries go, cry me a river. Our starting halfback dislocated his knee cap the week before the Pleasanton game and played the last two games with it braced and heavily taped. He didn't have full range of motion with that knee. Our fullback has been battling a high ankle sprain since the end of the regular season and has missed time in every game since because of it. Yeah you'd like to be 100%, but who is at this time of the year? The guys just have to suck it up and play.

You can write another novel for me, but you're not going to change my opinion; an opinion formed on four games, not one. If you disagree with me, fine. But please don't say that Johnson is similar to Peterson. Do you know how rare of a runningback Peterson is? If you think Johnson has a chance to play runningback at OU, that's fine. But don't put him in AD's class. That's just making you look bad.

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
learn how to post please. Ad was playing as tough of competition might want to re think that he was playing 4a teams.

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
learn how to post please. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
ScoutsOut,

First of all, I'm basing my opinions on the L-E, Mabank, Wylie, and LH games and I stand by my opinions. I could care less about their season stats. Gilmer played some VERY weak teams, against whom they piled up impressive stats, so you can throw the numbers out.

I'll say it again. Johnson is not any better than Pratt from Navasota and definitely not in Peterson's league. Anybody in Peterson's league would be starting at RB next year at his school of choice and playing on defense wouldn't even be talked about. Rivals even has Johnson listed as a linebacker. I could also care less about where Harris is visiting. As of now, he is committed to A&M, so I used A&M. Maybe he'll get a shot at receiver. I just think he'll have a better chance of being an impact player on defense. And Godfrey didn't impress me in games before the injured left thumb. He also dropped snaps in those games, before the injured thumb. He's a good athlete. I'm just not impressed with his QBing skills. I know he has time to improve, as he's just a sophomore, so we'll see.

And as far as injuries go, cry me a river. Our starting halfback dislocated his knee cap the week before the Pleasanton game and played the last two games with it braced and heavily taped. He didn't have full range of motion with that knee. Our fullback has been battling a high ankle sprain since the end of the regular season and has missed time in every game since because of it. Yeah you'd like to be 100%, but who is at this time of the year? The guys just have to suck it up and play.

You can write another novel for me, but you're not going to change my opinion; an opinion formed on four games, not one. If you disagree with me, fine. But please don't say that Johnson is similar to Peterson. Do you know how rare of a runningback Peterson is? If you think Johnson has a chance to play runningback at OU, that's fine. But don't put him in AD's class. That's just making you look bad.

Clearly you didnt see the same game I saw during the LE game. And clearly you dont expect me to buy the weak schedule argument to back up your assesment of Godfries QB abilities. And just for contrast, they said Vince Young couldnt throw a tight spiral either, whatever.

You maybe correct about Johnson and Pratt, I have never seen Pratt, and I said it in another post, Go look up Emmitt Smiths record and stats from Highschool, college and the pros. You dont always have to be the fastest to be the best. If Johnson gets a shot at playing running back at OU then maybe we will know, because Im sure they have a better clue then you and I. So Ill waite and see.

Your saying exactly what I was saying considering injuries, yet it does affect the playing, and yes they all have to suck it up. So I dont really know what you want to argue about with that.

I have seen both play and I will stand by my opinion. If Johnson never becomes a great college back or NFL back then so be it. I saw enough of AD and Bus during highschool to recognize the similiarties in their styles and success of running the football. I again stress
HIGHSCHOOL....

Your initial post appeared to me to be an attack. Crawfish all you want. If you dont think Godfrey, Johnson, Harris or Traylor do what you think they should thats all fine and dandy sir. I just think your methods and timing are suspect and to me are purely classless and thats my opinion.No need for further discussion...ScoutsOut

nobogey72
12-17-2007, 02:27 PM

My feelings aren't hurt at all. I have no emotional tie to Gilmer or LH either one. In fact, my post after Gilmer knocked us (Wylie) out of the playoffs was nothing but complimentary of everything about Gilmer. Especially Godfrey. My post said that of every high profile kid from Gilmer, my prediction is that if I could only pick one that could possibly be a household name someday it would be Godfrey. My points were: Nobody "platooned" with AD. Some guys may have come in to give him a breather from time to time.
You make it sound like the thumb was why he had a hard time throwing spirals. Most the snaps he took against us were out of the shotgun. I just enjoy jacking with posters like you that feel the need to educate all the rest of us dumbasses in the world. Yep, you and my wife would get along great. Come to Abilene, I'll introduce you, then maybe you can help her clean her ears and toenails out every Friday. Sincerely.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
learn how to post please. Ad was playing as tough of competition might want to re think that he was playing 4a teams.

Oh, my aching ar$e, that ole arguement. I think that one has been discussed a million times on this board and others.

I SAID SIMILIAR...in my opinion...And your not gonna change my mind..Especially leading off with a one liner attack..

AD -6'-3" -209 2003
2,315 yards rushing and 32 TDs, 8.94 yards per carry.

Johnson-6'1"-210 2007
2,164 yards rushing and 25 TDs, 10.6 yards per carry.
(This stat maybe wrong + or - I took it off scouting web site.)

Also someone said hes being listed at LB on scout site well if you go to all of them, you will find one that has projected him at running back, there was also an article saying the same thing. Lets just waite and see where he lines up in the Army-All American bowl. That should be a good indicator.

And finally, I'm sure those in Norman would know better than you and I, so lets just agree to disagree..Yes that ole saying...ScoutsOut

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh, my aching ar$e, that ole arguement. I think that one has been discussed a million times on this board and others.

I SAID SIMILIAR...in my opinion...And your not gonna change my mind..Especially leading off with a one liner attack..

AD -6'-3" -209 2003
2,315 yards rushing and 32 TDs, 8.94 yards per carry.

Johnson-6'1"-210 2007
2,164 yards rushing and 25 TDs, 10.6 yards per carry.
(This stat maybe wrong + or - I took it off scouting web site.)

Also someone said hes being listed at LB on scout site well if you go to all of them, you will find one that has projected him at running back, there was also an article saying the same thing. Lets just waite and see where he lines up in the Army-All American bowl. That should be a good indicator.

And finally, I'm sure those in Norman would know better than you and I, so lets just agree to disagree..Yes that ole saying...ScoutsOut

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: ......kind of reminds you of ...until next time the Chief.:doh:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Also, I know AD was compared to alot of different backs when he was coming out of highschool so which comparison of his did you not agree with? They all get compared one way or another...jeez...ScoutsOut Johnson is not an image of AD or Dickerson. There is no comparison. He is a good back but does not compare to the greatness of those two.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My feelings aren't hurt at all. I have no emotional tie to Gilmer or LH either one. In fact, my post after Gilmer knocked us (Wylie) out of the playoffs was nothing but complimentary of everything about Gilmer. Especially Godfrey. My post said that of every high profile kid from Gilmer, my prediction is that if I could only pick one that could possibly be a household name someday it would be Godfrey. My points were: Nobody "platooned" with AD. Some guys may have come in to give him a breather from time to time.
You make it sound like the thumb was why he had a hard time throwing spirals. Most the snaps he took against us were out of the shotgun. I just enjoy jacking with posters like you that feel the need to educate all the rest of us dumbasses in the world. Yep, you and my wife would get along great. Come to Abilene, I'll introduce you, then maybe you can help her clean her ears and toenails out every Friday. Sincerely.

Its all good, Allen Patrick started most of the games that AD missed and with the run, pass packages that they have Patrick also came into block during those passing plays. Guteriez and Patrick came in on specific situations and downs, to me thats platooning. The same thing they did this year with Patrick, Murray, and Chris Brown.

I have nothing against AD and certainly he is a good back. I just dont think hes the greatest nor do I think hes the fastest nor do I think their arent similiar kids playing in highschool who are just as good or better at the level he was at in highschool. Bryant ala King James debate I guess we can only waite and see.

P.S. I dont do ears or toenails, but I would be willing to take her to dinner with my wife and go dancing. ITs always a pleasure to be in the company of other like minded individuals...

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: ......kind of reminds you of ...until next time the Chief.:doh:

OMG!! That is EXACTLY what I was fixin to post!!!:eek: :eek:

Get out of my head Hops!!!:D

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
LOL anybody who has ever seen AD and Johnson play knows that it is an outright travesty to compare the two of them. If it wasnt for ADs speed they compare favorably real good argument MR. Scout. That is like comparing two offensive linemen and saying well if it wasnt for Lineman A's strength then Linemen B would be just as good. Or comparing two recievers and saying if it wasnt for Reciever A's hands then Reciever B would be just as good. Oh and AD wasnt racking those yards up against teams like Mineola

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
ScoutsOut you're just a sore loser that got served some humble pie and a homer at that.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Johnson is not an image of AD or Dickerson. There is no comparison. He is a good back but does not compare to the greatness of those two.

Your right. He doesnt compare and is not an image of either. Both had good careers in highschool, college and one in the pros. So of course not, but I only pointed out there are "SIMILARTIES" in styles, coming out of highschool. And I said closer to Dickerson than AD....Scoutsout

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Your right. He doesnt compare and is not an image of either. Both had good careers in highschool, college and one in the pros. So of course not, but I only pointed out there are "SIMILARTIES" in styles, coming out of highschool. And I said closer to Dickerson than AD....Scoutsout Is there? I didn't see much similarities of just running over people like Dickerson did.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 03:05 PM
ScoutsOut you're just a sore loser that got served some humble pie and a homer at that.

Another original attack..Nice, this is almost like being on that other board...I dont even live in or work in or have a kid playing in Gilmer. And I will eat crow, humble pie or whatever from anyone with class, but certainly not from someone like you. You obviously cant read..its amazing you can even type an attack...By the way, wanna talk Tatum football or any other East Texas team thats kewl too. I dont just follow them Buckeyes..I'm not into Homo-sexualizm like you maybe...or whatever you called me..Volley, tag-your-it.....nanny nanny boo boo..Need a mint after gargling with that bag of vinegar and water.

lostaussie
12-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am mad at lostaussie....he KNEW where it was!!:mad: :mad: I already knew we were getting our a$$ kicked!!!!!! why would I want to come over and let those guys tell me how bad they were kicking it? But i should have come if only to see you and P4S and for that, I apologize.

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I already knew we were getting our a$$ kicked!!!!!! why would I want to come over and let those guys tell me how bad they were kicking it? But i should have come if only to see you and P4S and for that, I apologize. good idea they were talking some crap to me and DU for cheering for GIlmer

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
good idea they were talking some crap to me and DU for cheering for GIlmer who was?? I didn't! All you kept talking about was me closing your fried chicken thread! LOL

Lostaussie - I wouldn't have let anyone say anything bad to you! :kiss: :D

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
I already knew we were getting our a$$ kicked!!!!!! why would I want to come over and let those guys tell me how bad they were kicking it? But i should have come if only to see you and P4S and for that, I apologize. I wouldn't have :(

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
LOL anybody who has ever seen AD and Johnson play knows that it is an outright travesty to compare the two of them. If it wasnt for ADs speed they compare favorably real good argument MR. Scout. That is like comparing two offensive linemen and saying well if it wasnt for Lineman A's strength then Linemen B would be just as good. Or comparing two recievers and saying if it wasnt for Reciever A's hands then Reciever B would be just as good. Oh and AD wasnt racking those yards up against teams like Mineola

My last post with you on this. You have yours I have mine. Nuff said I think...

Adrian Peterson Junior Oklahoma NFL draft Combine
40 Time: 4.40 40 Low: 4.37 40 High: 4.42

rushed for 2,960 yards on 252 attempts, an average of 11.7 yards per carry, and 32 touchdowns as a senior

(To correct what I posted earlier..previous post was as a junior)

Listed time for Justin Johnson
40 Time: 4.5, Not sure posted as a Junior or Senior Highschool....

AD is the fastest..

P.S. Quote from TexasPrepXtra web site

"Gilmer also has RB Justin Johnson who is an Adrian Peterson starter-kit and is regarded as one of the top running backs in the Class of 2008 in the entire country." So others obviously see some of the same things I do...End of discussion...ScoutsOut

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
who was?? I didn't! All you kept talking about was me closing your fried chicken thread! LOL

Lostaussie - I wouldn't have let anyone say anything bad to you! :kiss: :D

I really didn't hear anyone much talking about the game!! I was too busy meeting the ones I hadn't met and trying to put usernames with faces I had met before!!

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM

"Gilmer also has RB Justin Johnson who is an Adrian Peterson starter-kit and is regarded as one of the top running backs in the Class of 2008 in the entire country." So others obviously see some of the same things I do...End of discussion...ScoutsOut That's why he's being recruited more as a linebacker.

DU_stud04
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
good idea they were talking some crap to me and DU for cheering for GIlmer yea, i heard just alittle bit hahaha, decided to stay in the endzone after halftime.... it was about 15-20 degrees cooler than on the gilmer side. that wind chill was crazy

Adidas410s
12-17-2007, 03:56 PM

They'll host 3 games if there isn't a Cows game the next day is my understanding.