PDA

View Full Version : charlesrixey here are my thoughts!

kepdawg
12-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Some Snyder players appeared to be out of control emotionally at the start of the game, excessively celebrating Celina false starts and routine defensive plays.

This week much more than last week the limitations of diversity in Snyder's play selection stood out. I understand the plays have worked all season, just something that stood out to me.

#53 for Snyder had an excellent down field block against Celina's #1 (Lynn, the safety) early in the game. But late in the game it appeared that #53 made no effort to stop Celina's #23 (Holman, the defensive end on one particular play) and a tackle for a loss resulted.

Today Snyder appeared to be a one man team. If Will Clay could not get the job done, no one could.

Will clay is definitely a good back. He is shifty and hard to bring down if he has any space at all. He did get caught from behind (by a MLB I believe) on what would have been a TD to tie the game. It surprised me that he appeared to receive the Reggie Bush treatment. A couple of big play situations (arguably obvious passing situations) and he was not on the field. It also surprised me that he does not return kicks.

I'm not sure if Lance Day ever left the field, QB/LB and in on kick returns. I don't understand why he is an up man, but Clay isn't on the field.

Celina did not get rattled. Early when it looked like Snyder was going to make a game of it, Celina made the goal line stand and turned around and marched down the field for a touchdown extending the lead from one touchdown to two. That goal line stand and the following touchdown changed the game.

Celina's defense did have some early struggles stopping the run. That is to be credited to the offensive line of Snyder as well as the talent of Clay.

Celina made the necessary adjustments on defense to slow Snyder down and then to shut Snyder down.

Defensively the "Holman Series" was greatness. I believe on 3 consecutive plays he was in on a tackle for a loss coming in off the corner.

The offensive play calling was questionable at times (that means once or twice). I realize there were very few balls in the air, but one of them did not make sense. In those conditions and having success running the ball I just didn't agree with it. It's really no big deal though.

I was surprised Romero got as many carries as he did.

On a few of the designed QB runs I could not help but think that if Lynn would have run the same play it would have gone to the house. No disrespect intended towards Davis at all! Just a testament on the ample amount of talent Celina has.

I don't get the two point conversions at all. Unless you are not able to kick the ball, and they did have one blocked, I don't see the point in going for two. If you want to, don't do it so early and call higher percentage plays.

With all of that said, just remember that I'm just some guy who has never lived in Celina so I don't know what I'm talking about and can't understand what I'm talking about anyway!

Snyder is a very good team, but just happened to run into a better team today. Congrats to the Tigers on an excellent season!

Good luck to Celina next week on taking home an 8th state championship! I know the coaches and players will not take China Spring lightly and I can only hope the fans don't either!

Good seeing some friendly faces again today and meeting some new ones! Hopefully I'll see some of you again next week!

PurplePride2006
12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
wow.....that was in-depth

thanks for the thoughts

MN95
12-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Haven't seen it discussed yet, but after Celina's long drive in the second quarter that chewed up most of the clock, Snyder had the ball back at midfield with all 3 timeouts and let the clock run down to 1 second before calling one. Will Clay had the ability to take any carry to the end zone from what I saw. I was very thankful, but surprised, their coaches didn't use timeouts to get a couple of more plays there. Had they already given up?

marler1972
12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
If I am not mistaken it was 4th down.

charlesrixey
12-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks Kep!

you sure do keep your word!

:D ;)

i do agree completely

if Snyder had branched out a little bit more with their offense it would've very, very close

their offensive line played great, but they can't do it forever, and even stranger Clay wasn't always on the field (even to be a blocker)

very strange, but the tigers gave great effort and represented region I well

talk about a change of pace for next week!

charlesrixey
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
ttt

good post by kep!