PDA

View Full Version : congrats to LH - State Champs D1

dirtydan
12-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Kudos to LH, the best won. LH outplayed the bucks and LH coaches outcoached gilmer coaches; irregardless of the recklessness, and dumb and stupid plays called by gilmer coach; he rolled the dice again this week and came up very short. the slot T does work.

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I agree, there were some questionable calls by the Gilmer coaches on 4th downs.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks a bunch for that, dd! :)

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
The Offensive Line is a machince. Awesome job all year for the guys up front. MVP in 07 = OFFENSIVE LINE

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 12:40 AM
And the defense is not too shabby either. :)

CelinaProud
12-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Great Job LH! A sincere applause to a worthy team!

alaskacat
12-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
I agree, there were some questionable calls by the Gilmer coaches on 4th downs.

They been doing that all year..twice with Roosevelt

It finally came home to bite them pretty hard..

Smoaky's will be sizzling over it:)

And Congrats to LH for a game well done and an excellent season... ...just to bad we don't get another shot at you this year...maybe next year:)

rangerjoe33
12-16-2007, 12:48 AM
The Defensive Unit without a doubt was the Player of the Game.

3aSoftball4Mom
12-16-2007, 01:12 AM
BIG CONGRATS to Liberty Hill Panthers!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
I had you picked for State Champs in August!

sinton66
12-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
...just to bad we don't get another shot at you this year...maybe next year:)

You might be better off this way.;)

Panther One
12-16-2007, 02:02 AM
We shut down Gilmer's running game and stopped their screen passes. That's what they have had the majority of their success on in the playoffs. The plays they ran tonight were the same I've seen them run on film. It just didn't work for them tonight. The 4th down calls were questionable, but if you consider the success their offense had all year, many people would do the same. They just ran into a good defense tonight. With nothing else working, they had to resort to heaving the ball downfield.

And yeah, Godfrey dropped a lot of snaps, but we also fumbled four or five snaps that we had to fall on. The difference is that we fall on them for no gain and Gilmer falls on them for a five yard loss. And dropping snaps is nothing new for Godfrey. He dropped plenty in the games I saw, some of which he picked up and ran for big gains. Tonight, however, he didn't have time to pick them up and run, and for that, you have to credit our defense.

And as I said before the game, Johnson and Pratt from Navasota might as well be the same person. They are almost identical running backs. And in my opinion, the best back we faced was the kid from Carthage. Johnson and Pratt are big bruising backs, but when there's nowhere to run, they aren't very effective. The kid from Carthage was more explosive and faster than both. After we beat Carthage, I thought the Bulldogs might have been a little overrated, but now that the playoffs are over, they were best offense we faced. When you look at both athletes and offensive schemes, you have to put them above our other playoff opponents.

navscanmaster
12-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
And as I said before the game, Johnson and Pratt from Navasota might as well be the same person. They are almost identical running backs. And in my opinion, the best back we faced was the kid from Carthage. Johnson and Pratt are big bruising backs, but when there's nowhere to run, they aren't very effective. The kid from Carthage was more explosive and faster than both. After we beat Carthage, I thought the Bulldogs might have been a little overrated, but now that the playoffs are over, they were best offense we faced. When you look at both athletes and offensive schemes, you have to put them above our other playoff opponents.

It was kind of wierd for me being there, seeing Johnson out there in that number 22 jersey. It looked just like Dexter Pratt in a different colored jersey. I only noticed that Johnson just lowers his shoulders for impact whereas Dexter will try to spin and bounce off of impact if he can at all. But it doesn't matter with Liberty Hill. If you don't have a college caliber offensive line, you can forget running the ball on them, no matter how many stars Scout gives your running back. The Liberty Hill defense is just flat out ridiculous at the 3A level. I have never seen a TEAM pursue the ball like Liberty Hill does. They are aggressive and proactive, and teams like that will occasionally get beat over the top, but more often then not, they are chasing the QB before the receivers can even get any separation. Liberty Hill fans really have something special in their community. I hope we get to see you guys again next year. Perhaps it will be a little more interesting of a game next year. Just make sure Lattimore doesn't have a twin. If he does, I'll just read next years' score in the morning Eagle.:(

zebrablue2
12-16-2007, 09:45 AM
congrats to LH-- 2007 state D1 champs. good season....

Centextrash
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Congrats Panthers on a PUUURFECT Season!
Making History in the process. It was a total team effort!

44INAROW
12-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Congrats to the Panthers........ :clap: :clap:

CheerMom
12-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Yayyyy!!!! Way to go LH!! :clap: :clap:

alaskacat
12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

I don't think so, they will suffer the same fate as us..1/2 a championship is better than none.

They really need to play it off.

After all, we all play DIV I and II teams during the regular season. So whats the big deal...The UIL system Is about as disgusting as the BCS.

so this will continue until playoff time next year

It would make for a great game and one humongous crowd by 3A standards:)

dirtydan
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
We shut down Gilmer's running game and stopped their screen passes. That's what they have had the majority of their success on in the playoffs. The plays they ran tonight were the same I've seen them run on film. It just didn't work for them tonight. The 4th down calls were questionable, but if you consider the success their offense had all year, many people would do the same. They just ran into a good defense tonight. With nothing else working, they had to resort to heaving the ball downfield.

And yeah, Godfrey dropped a lot of snaps, but we also fumbled four or five snaps that we had to fall on. The difference is that we fall on them for no gain and Gilmer falls on them for a five yard loss. And dropping snaps is nothing new for Godfrey. He dropped plenty in the games I saw, some of which he picked up and ran for big gains. Tonight, however, he didn't have time to pick them up and run, and for that, you have to credit our defense.

I also have to say LH defense had 8 in the box most of the time, just completely disregarding the pass, which they were able to keep some pressure on gilmer's QB all the time. gilmer's big line could not contain 8 in the box.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
:hand: :hand: Pssshhhh....you know we wouldn't be able to "hang". :rolleyes:

;)