PDA

View Full Version : Best defender in 3A 2007

Dogman_1969
12-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm probably going to get some homer's to come out of the woodwork but here goes anyway. I've watched about 20 or so teams play this year and just got home from the Div I State Title game.

It amazed me that:

(1) Gilmer went for it on 4th down 3 times in the first half.
(2) They ran directly at the best "player" on the field in #4 Marlow Poitier.

I would have to say that this young man gets my vote for the Top defender in 3A this year. He was in the backfield on just about every play today and plays with a high amount of "want to". The linemen that he faced today were Bigger and maybe stronger but were no match for #4.

My hats off to you Mr. Poitier. You are a great player........

c-town_balla
12-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I personally feel Lattimore is better
thats just me tho
Marlowe is a real good player

alaskacat
12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I would personally vote for Breck Holman all 5'4 177 lbs of him that has been as big as a raging Rhino all season for Celina.

He plays Defensive end even being that size put the stops on Clay and the Snyder QB all day today...but then he has been doing it all year..and last year.

pound per pound there just anyone any better on D. period.

Panther One
12-16-2007, 02:15 AM
The interesting thing about Poitier is that he was a starting DB/RB as a sophomore on a 5A team in California. When he got to Liberty Hill last year, he had outgrown that position and was moved to DE in our second scrimmage. He was also coming off a knee injury and didn't do any physical activity until 2-a-days, so he wasn't in the best shape last year. After a year at DE and a year in our offseason program, he was a much better DE. Last year he was good. This year he was unstoppable at times. I thought going up against Gilmer's linemen would be a good test for him and I think he passed with flying colors. He probably solidified a scholarship tonight.

Cody is also a tremendous LB. On his very first play on varsity as a freshman, he picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown, and he just continues to get better and better. It's hard to believe he's still got another year. He also had an excellent game tonight, as did our entire defense. I really enjoyed watching our defense play this year. They provided just as many fireworks as our offense all season long, and tonight was no different. Congrats guys.

g$$
12-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Is Lattimore a prospect to play in college? I saw him play as a soph, so where is he now as far as recruiting goes? Has he gotten faster & what is his size now?

Congrats to LH again. Helluva program.

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Lattimore took over in the second half.

JT44
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I personally feel Lattimore is better
thats just me tho
Marlowe is a real good player

lattimore is a beast.....the best defender I saw all year, second Mike Hicks (CS), third Aaron Buckley (palacios)