PDA

View Full Version : Class 3A Division II State Championship: Celina (15-0) vs. China Spring (14-1)

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 09:22 PM
the irresistable force vs. the immovable object

JJ7997
12-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Although I voted for China Spring this is too close too call. Celina plays flawless so I just dont know.

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 09:34 PM
this will be a great test of Celina's defense

China Spring played out of their minds last week, and somehow improved upon their performance this week

HORNETSPORTSFAN
12-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Any ideas where they might play?

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Saturday, 22 December, time TBD

Celina will play China Spring @ Texas Stadium

(where they are undefeated, BTW)

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Although I would like to see Celina win...I don't know about this game. I say:

Celina 35

China Spring 34

It will come down to a few points I bet.

rangerjoe33
12-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Why in the world would China Spring agree to play there? Kincaide would be much nicer, or Mesquite Memorial.

MN95
12-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Although I would like to see Celina win...I don't know about this game. I say:

Celina 35

China Spring 34

It will come down to a few points I bet.

Dude, after all the crap and predictions you posted last week, you have ZERO credibility. Please don't ruin the forum this week for those that want to intelligently discuss football. Grab a juicebox and go play some video games.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Dude, after all the crap and predictions you posted last week, you have ZERO credibility. Please don't ruin the forum this week for those that want to intelligently discuss football. Grab a juicebox and go play some video games.

Dude, I respect everyone in the community of Celina but you.

I pick Celina to win and you go off running your stupid mouth:rolleyes:

alaskacat
12-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I still think China Springs can't hang any more than Snyder, and they don't have no Clay, just a bunch of trickery

Celina 35

China Spring 7

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
The sad thing is no one from China Spring is here. I sure would like to know what they run on offense. I don't care about their D.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
The sad thing is no one from China Spring is here. I sure would like to know what they run on offense. I don't care about their D.

That Eskew is a playmaker and their QB is great from what I hear, I seen some film on that Eskew fella and he is very very good, but Celina should have no problem winning this game.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-16-2007, 12:36 AM
My opinion only,

China Spring will have to be an amazing team to beat Celina. I don't know a thing about them, but Celina is a bonafide POWERHOUSE. If China Spring is truly worthy of Celina, I say Bobcats by 14.

I just don't see a team in 3A beating Celina this year.

PHS Wildcats
12-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Mostly spread offense

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
My opinion only,

China Spring will have to be an amazing team to beat Celina. I don't know a thing about them, but Celina is a bonafide POWERHOUSE. If China Spring is truly worthy of Celina, I say Bobcats by 14.

I just don't see a team in 3A beating Celina this year.

True, if China beats Celina the patriots must be under them uniforms or somthing.

block&tackle
12-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Celina has been a very, very hard team to run a spread against the last few years. The pass rush is awful hard on opposing QBs and D'Anton Lynn is ranked #1, #2, or #3 (depending on which recruiting service you are looking at) among Texas safeties (all classifications). While the corners were question marks to start the season, they have developed into exceptional players.

Celina's Pass D Stats on the season-

32% completion percentage (67-210)
65.6 yards passing a game
13 INTs

Sounds like this will be the best QB we have faced this year. I would prefer that we were playing a team that played good old fashioned football cause that is what I like to watch but we will take what we can get at this point in the season - things just don't seem right around here unless we are playing football the weekend before Christmas.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Celina has been a very, very hard team to run a spread against the last few years. The pass rush is awful hard on opposing QBs and D'Anton Lynn is ranked #1, #2, or #3 (depending on which recruiting service you are looking at) among Texas safeties (all classifications). While the corners were question marks to start the season, they have developed into exceptional players.

Celina's Pass D Stats on the season-

32% completion percentage (67-210)
65.6 yards passing a game
13 INTs

Sounds like this will be the best QB we have faced this year. I would prefer that we were playing a team that played good old fashioned football cause that is what I like to watch but we will take what we can get at this point in the season - things just don't seem right around here unless we are playing football the weekend before Christmas.

I was expecting to see more of that D'Anton Lynn guy but the only time I remember seeing him is when Samia(#53) layed him out on kick-off.

block&tackle
12-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I was expecting to see more of that D'Anton Lynn guy but the only time I remember seeing him is when Samia(#53) layed him out on kick-off.
He made some plays. He also missed a tackle (1 of about 4 different players) on Clay's TD run. In all of the other cases he was around to make sure that when Clay broke through the D he did not take it to the house.

Watching him in pass D has been a pleasure. He is probably going to end up playing CB at Penn St. and he can alter a passing game all by himself. He like to hit you as much as he does intercept the ball (7 INTs). Before too long the receivers tend to be looking for him as much as they do the ball.

Great kid too.

kepdawg
12-16-2007, 01:25 AM

You should have paid closer attention! :D

LHPfactory
12-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Ill admit I was dead wrong about predicting Cuero winning over China Spring, boy was I wrong.

However, it nuts to think CS will hang 5 TDs on Celina, aint gonna happen, they will be doing good to get 2. Eskew is good, But The Celina D is second to none (except LH).

Celina 35
China Spring 10

mean_green
12-16-2007, 02:57 AM
China Spring is mainly spread. Trips, Quads, Doubles. Eskew and Hicks are playmakers. I've seen both Celina and China Spring up close. China is a heck of a disciplined team that plays hard, but Celina is also disciplined and they play with the most intensity that I've ever seen. Not to take anything away from China Spring but Celina should win this game by at least 14.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Celina is a good team but they didn't have much of a secondary today.

If that Eskew fella gets open and their QB gets some room then it's ganna be close. That QB is tough but I still say Celina wins.

I might be going to this game, if my dad gets back into town then I'll probally be there. Ill know more thursday, and i'll come to the M&G for sure if I go.

gatordaze
12-16-2007, 07:34 AM

If that Eskew fella gets open and their QB gets some room then it's ganna be close. That QB is tough but I still say Celina wins.

I might be going to this game, if my dad gets back into town then I'll probally be there. Ill know more thursday, and i'll come to the M&G for sure if I go.

I saw less than 10 passes today from both teams combined and I don't think Snyder completed any. Other than sour grapes, there is no reason for you to disprespect Celina's secondary.

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 07:54 AM
The sad thing is no one from China Spring is here. I sure would like to know what they run on offense. I don't care about their D. Mixture of spread and power.

navscanmaster
12-16-2007, 08:09 AM

Snyder325tigers, don't know if you realize it or not, but Eskew is the QB bud. The receivers that are killers are Brick Walls (yes, that is his name) and Mike Hicks. Eskew has over 3000 yards passing, 36 TDs and 6 interceptions this year. But their defense obviously isn't any pushover either.

That said, Celina will win this game. That doesn't mean I can't root for China Spring though. Go Cougars!!:clap:

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Celina

navscanmaster
12-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Celina

That is conservative by your standards. No donkey stomp this week?

charlesrixey
12-16-2007, 09:01 AM
CS's defense must be pretty good if they stopped Cuero

Even LH gave up 35 before locking down on D against the Gobblers; of course, the Panthers' defense is improved since then

ensig
12-16-2007, 01:18 PM

im from china spring followed them all year... about their offense, they run the ball far more than you would expect and are actually very balanced. yes they are a spread offense but they run the ball very well out of the gun w/ eskew and having hicks get the ball in motion.

eskew is a talent w/ good size (6'3" 210) that makes play w/ his feet and arm. when running, he always falls fwd and when eskew does pass he is very efficient. against cuero eskew only passed 11 times w/ 7 completions for 238 yards and 2 tds. his only int came off of a tipped pass that hit the reciever in the numbers. he also ran the ball 16 times for 75 yds.

hicks is def thier go to reciever and compliment to eskew. the two work well together and have a nack to know what the other is thinking. this kid is tough as nails. he was banged up since the first quater of the la vega game and couldnt raise his arm past shld level, yet has made play after play.

the rest of the recievers are interchangable and bring a feature of thier own. higdon is a quick guy that is often the second option behind hicks. fuller is a hard worker that doesnt get the ball too much, but is very sure handed when he does. walls a mix of fuller and higdon that is tough in the middle of the field. walls has only played the past couple of games b/c of an injured meador who is out for the season b/c of disc problems suffered from a viscous(but legal) hit in the la vega game.

thier oline is a bit undersized but strong. coach bell does a good job at working w/ what he has in this line by getting eskew outside of the pocket or throwing quick developing passes so that his line doesnt have to protect as long. runnign plays are often set up by what the defense gives them and are checked at the line accordingly.

welch is thier running back and is quick but not a major threat in the offense except for an occasional draw or zone read give

need anything else just ask!

alaskacat
12-16-2007, 01:20 PM

Yaawn, the result will be the same 325, to throw you have to have a bit of time. their QB wont have time to do jack except run for his life.

Then he has to have the ball, and Celina will dictate the speed of the game..and it should be a slow grind.

Sound familiar?

If he does choose to throw, when it goes up it is 50% ours, so just keep knocking the secondary.

Celina 35
CS 7

does that equal Donkey Stomped?:)

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Any word on the time?

wimbo_pro
12-16-2007, 01:52 PM
i am disappointed that Cuero lost. I wanted to see them go all the way.

ensig
12-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Any word on the time?

texas stadium 4pm sat

wtxfootball08
12-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
That is conservative by your standards. No donkey stomp this week?

what was china springs schedule like before playoffs??

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
what was china springs schedule like before playoffs??
Only loss was to La Vega.

China Spring Cougars
Aug 31...Fairfield, W 14-0
Sep 07...@ Mexia, W 34-0
Sep 14...Glen Rose, W 41-13
Sep 21...@ Groesbeck, W 30-7
Sep 28...Rockdale, W 43-18
Oct 05...OPEN
Oct 12...@ Waco La Vega*, L 13-42
Oct 19...Lorena*, W 23-6
Oct 26...@ Robinson*, W 31-25
Nov 02...Waco Connally*, W 37-7
Nov 09...Gatesville*W 30-14

wyliegrad04
12-16-2007, 05:00 PM
That Eskew is a playmaker and their QB is great from what I hear, I seen some film on that Eskew fella and he is very very good, but Celina should have no problem winning this game.

you say 'Celina should have no problem winning this game.'

but you predicted them to win by 1? little confused ...

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Celina plays flawless so I just dont know.

Celina makes mistakes. That pretty much nullifies your 'flawless' argument.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Celina makes mistakes. That pretty much nullifies your 'flawless' argument.

Celina pretty much played a "mistake free" game last night.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Snyder325tigers, don't know if you realize it or not, but Eskew is the QB bud. The receivers that are killers are Brick Walls (yes, that is his name) and Mike Hicks. Eskew has over 3000 yards passing, 36 TDs and 6 interceptions this year. But their defense obviously isn't any pushover either.

That said, Celina will win this game. That doesn't mean I can't root for China Spring though. Go Cougars!!:clap:

Everyone was saying he was a WR:confused: :confused:

TexanFan4Life
12-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Everyone was saying he was a WR:confused: :confused:

Mike Hicks is the playmaking, all everything, injured WR for China Spring.

44INAROW
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Celina pretty much played a "mistake free" game last night.

yep -

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
i am disappointed that Cuero lost. I wanted to see them go all the way.
Me too
:( NOt taking anything against from CS - they are good........ I hope they win Saturday night - they played 2 great games in a row - sure hope they can play 3.........

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
yep -

Me too
:( NOt taking anything against from CS - they are good........ I hope they win Saturday night - they played 2 great games in a row - sure hope they can play 3.........

Yes they are looking good at the right time. We are peaking too. I look forward to a good fight. We cover pretty well this year and you have to see our pass rush to believe it. Usually a 3 or 5 step drop is it and sometimes the 5 step gets you a sack. with it coming out that fast a decent redirect at the line usually busts the play. We have had a few passes downfield on us but only a few.
I was really hoping for a Cuero Celina matchup because of the tradition. But I sure did not want to drive to Georgetown. Abilene was bad enough.
So what d does CS run? The split?

GreenMachine
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I feel that this will be a real close game. CS definitely earned my respect last night, they played a great game. Our 15 year old QB did a lot of growing up last night, which is good, because you are going to hear a lot about him for the next couple of years. Back to this game, CS is VERY disciplined. Seems like they were always in the right place at the right time... great coaching. Hicks and Exkew are the real deal, they will give Celina a fight, but in the end I feel Celina will be too much. Good luck to both team, this should be a great game.

GreenMachine
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes they are looking good at the right time. We are peaking too. I look forward to a good fight. We cover pretty well this year and you have to see our pass rush to believe it. Usually a 3 or 5 step drop is it and sometimes the 5 step gets you a sack. with it coming out that fast a decent redirect at the line usually busts the play. We have had a few passes downfield on us but only a few.
I was really hoping for a Cuero Celina matchup because of the tradition. But I sure did not want to drive to Georgetown. Abilene was bad enough.
So what d does CS run? The split? We had a good pass ruch on him too, and although he is not a "barn burner", he has great instincts and runs the ball well. He also throws well on the run. I hope ya'lls secondary is really good, because ours looked confused all night. Fast won't do it alone, because ours was fast. You have to know who to cover and their receivers are good at getting open.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
We had a good pass ruch on him too, and although he is not a "barn burner", he has great instincts and runs the ball well. He also throws well on the run. I hope ya'lls secondary is really good, because ours looked confused all night. Fast won't do it alone, because ours was fast. You have to know who to cover and their receivers are good at getting open.

It comes with our style of D. The years we struggle are the years we can't cover.
We play press most of the time and we mix it up. The idea is to redirect the receiver then throw an extra second on the play. We also mix up how we rush. Wont give away details but we have done very well against good spread teams.

IHStangFan
12-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I picked CS ....just a gut feeling I have. I think win or lose they are going to surprise a few people. Keeping track of their progress since they took down La Vega...they seem pretty formidable, and it seems they are not getting the respect from some that they've earned from being where they are. Just my $0.02

lynx_rufus
12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Let's get rrrrrreeeaaaddddyyy to rrrruuuummmbbblllee!

This is it. One game left for the 3A State Football Championship!

No distractions. Just two teams left standing.

However it turns out, either one of these team are going to be worthy champions.

GreenGobbla
12-16-2007, 08:40 PM
im going with celina 35 - 27

ronwx5x
12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I voted, however I am certain it will do nothing to change to outcome of the game. It's a beauty contest!

gobbler grad
12-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Celina pulls this out in the end...will be a great game to watch...good luck to both teams...:clap:

Celina 34
CS 21

75009Football
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
This should be a great game. CS has indeed turned some heads. No one thought you would go to far in the brackets but looky here what's happened.

Wish we had more CS posters on the DL. Some of you who are reading this register and lets start discussing the game.

I wish it were somewhere else besides TS. Its just not a good atmosphere for HS football IMHO. You are too far removed from the players and the action. It doesn't seem like your yelling makes any difference. I would have rather been in Mesquite.

bobcat74
12-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I know I'm stating the obvious, but if Celina pulls this out,

They have a record 8 state titles. and 7 in the past 12 years.

charlesrixey
12-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bobcat74

7 titles in 13 years/seasons

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Well for the record the way they beat cuero is get the short field like we did against snyder early in the game and then get quick scores and play defense.
Now we only got one turnover then blocked a punt. They got four turnovers.
The bad news for Cuero was their defense. Much like Snyders problem. If you get behind quick by numbers how do you turn it around? Because their offense might be able to make up the ground but if you cannot slow the other teams offense down it does not matter. It forces you into making choices you would not normally make and compounds the errors you were already making. It made CS look disciplined because Cuero had to roll the dice some. The simple truth is CS got the breaks and Cuero was not good enough to overcome the mistakes they made. In just looking at the game line I would say that the coaches got away from their offensive game plan after the half trying to get too much at once and then cost themselves the game. All they had to do was play solid d stop the other guys and give their o a chance to work.
Interestingly enough Massey's pretty much predicted a win by both Celina and CS. Cuero and Snyder were virtually identically ranked in O (both top ten) and D (outside the top 40).

lakers
12-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Celina by 14...

they will control the clock and their monsters up front will DOMINATE!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by bobcat74

Wow! I had not heard that before... :thinking:

Bobcat_Mom
12-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Any word on the time?

6 p.m.

Bobcat_Mom
12-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by ensig
texas stadium 4pm sat

6 p.m.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Bobcat_Mom
6 p.m.
Well, crap.

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Any news on home vs. away?

charlesrixey
12-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Any news on home vs. away?

i believe Celina is the away team, but that was fifteenth hand info (probably wrong)

Balcones fault
12-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Celina 33-14.

homegrown cat
12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
The game time is 6 PM Saturday at Texas Stadium. Hope to see everyone there!!!!!

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by homegrown cat
The game time is 6 PM Saturday at Texas Stadium. Hope to see everyone there!!!!!
Weather looks like it might be a bit warmer than last Saturday.

But, Texas Stadium always seems a bit colder to me than most other stadiums.

75009Football
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
6 p.m. When/Why did they change from 4 to 6 B Mom?

RattlerDude
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Good job China Spring for making it to the state championship. Especially good job for beating two major powerhouses in La Vega and Cuero. China Spring for State!

buff4ever
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't know if China Springs can pull this off or not, in my opinion they were not in the top 5 of this region, but that goes to show how tough this region is.

If China Springs wins this game, there will be no arguing that point. It will put to rest the controversy about this REGION VS. THE WORLD.

LH represented well, and China Springs has done its job to this point. Even if they lose region 3 is still the TOUGHEST region in the state, but if they win....WOW, that will shut off any arguments from surrounding regions:D :D

If this has already been posted, SORRY, didn't read everything yet.

good luck to both teams. Should be interesting

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I don't know if China Springs can pull this off or not, in my opinion they were not in the top 5 of this region, but that goes to show how tough this region is.

If China Springs wins this game, there will be no arguing that point. It will put to rest the controversy about this REGION VS. THE WORLD.

LH represented well, and China Springs has done its job to this point. Even if they lose region 3 is still the TOUGHEST region in the state, but if they win....WOW, that will shut off any arguments from surrounding regions:D :D

If this has already been posted, SORRY, didn't read everything yet.

good luck to both teams. Should be interesting
How can anybody think that China Spring is not the best team in Region 3?

Of course they can win. They should be the favorite.

Everyone has no doubt that Liberty Hill would beat Celina, but China Spring beat common opponents just as convincingly or more so than Liberty Hill. And they even played what turned out to be a tough team, Rockdale (should make Go Blue happy) twice.

Then Glen Rose and Robinson are common opponents between China Spring and Celina.

So everyone had better get their heads screwed on straight. If anyone thinks Celina is rolling over China Spring, is rolling something else and smoking it.

That BillyFred guy should have a wonderful week breaking all that data down. Strap your thinking caps on!!! Or put on your blinders!!!

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 01:52 PM
LH would smash China :devil:

charlesrixey
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Chinois?

:confused:

eagles_victory
12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
That Eskew is a playmaker and their QB is great from what I hear, I seen some film on that Eskew fella and he is very very good, but Celina should have no problem winning this game. I think if you had actually watched film on CS you would know Eskew is the Qb and Hicks is the reciever

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, because LH is corn fed. :eek:

charlesrixey
12-17-2007, 02:09 PM
can they get the chinese to stop making illegal copies of CD's?

:eek:

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think if you had actually watched film on CS you would know Eskew is the Qb and Hicks is the reciever lol

buff4ever
12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
hey go blue, is it not next month yet. Ivanka isn't all that, let's get a new of the month.

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
My prediction is Celina will get beat by Liberty Hill 4602 to 12

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
My prediction is Celina will get beat by Liberty Hill 4602 to 12
Notre, they would be playing Celina, not the gold domes. LOL

NDFootball
12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Notre, they would be playing Celina, not the gold domes. LOL

Dude not cool D:<

swstangs001
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
i'll come to the M&G for sure if I go.

how many times have you said that?

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I think if you had actually watched film on CS you would know Eskew is the Qb and Hicks is the reciever

thats pricelesss :clap:

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2007, 06:56 PM
After doing a little more research on CS and their last two games it appears that they can play disciplined defense and their offense is solid if not particularly high scoring. The Cuero game was not a difficult game for them. Cuero played a very one dimensional game going to their main back in the running game and passing in the flat. CS seems to be a speedy defense and a little small but quick. They read and reacted well and Cuero was not able to adjust their game plan to the scheme. Cuero does not pass very well this year and the wind compounded the issue in the third causing Cuero to throw 3 picks in the first three possessions of the third. They played much better on D as the score was 25 - 7 at the half and only allowed two scores in the second half in spite of the turnovers. If Cuero could have played mistake free it might have made the game a match. All considerations aside,
CS just played defense better than Cuero could and won the game.

In any case, neither team can be said to be able to play defense as well as Celina does. This game will come down to fundamentals and mistakes and perhaps coaching as we will see what CS has for a staff and what they attempt to try against Celina and their D and what they try to do to contain Celina's three back attack and Seth and his passing game. With 5 receivers that are sure handed and two good speed guys this will make for an interesting matchup against their secondary as our O line is quick and not big we should have time to throw.

On a side note, I would pick Snyder to beat Cuero in a decent match with Snyder pulling away as Cuero's defense wears down. Snyder's powerful big o Line and Will Clay would overpower them IMHO.

Snydertigersrul
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
After doing a little more research on CS and their last two games it appears that they can play disciplined defense and their offense is solid if not particularly high scoring. The Cuero game was not a difficult game for them. Cuero played a very one dimensional game going to their main back in the running game and passing in the flat. CS seems to be a speedy defense and a little small but quick. They read and reacted well and Cuero was not able to adjust their game plan to the scheme. Cuero does not pass very well this year and the wind compounded the issue in the third causing Cuero to throw 3 picks in the first three possessions of the third. They played much better on D as the score was 25 - 7 at the half and only allowed two scores in the second half in spite of the turnovers. If Cuero could have played mistake free it might have made the game a match. All considerations aside,
CS just played defense better than Cuero could and won the game.

In any case, neither team can be said to be able to play defense as well as Celina does. This game will come down to fundamentals and mistakes and perhaps coaching as we will see what CS has for a staff and what they attempt to try against Celina and their D and what they try to do to contain Celina's three back attack and Seth and his passing game. With 5 receivers that are sure handed and two good speed guys this will make for an interesting matchup against their secondary as our O line is quick and not big we should have time to throw.

On a side note, I would pick Snyder to beat Cuero in a decent match with Snyder pulling away as Cuero's defense wears down. Snyder's powerful big o Line and Will Clay would overpower them IMHO.

You impress me with your football knowledge. I talked to someone who watched the semifinal and they told me Celina should have little problems with China Spring.

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
you should change your sig to just the cowboys will rule snydertigersrul

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
You impress me with your football knowledge. I talked to someone who watched the semifinal and they told me Celina should have little problems with China Spring.

Well it was in the film on snyder. If Will gets his hand on the back of 53 when he pulls you better get 5 or 6 guys in front and he still might go thru them all. When Will hits the hole he goes forward. You could see our game plan was to keep the hole stymied and surround him. It finally started working late in the second quarter and after the half a couple of minor changes and Will was done. But it was a great Defense(and the 10-1 of course) that did it. Ya'll honestly reminded me of LH last year as far as the O lines compare.
But the best comparison would have been that great Pewitt team of 05. They would pound the snot out of you and they had a fullback that hit like a ton of bricks. If they had not had 8 or 9 two way players it might have been closer in the fourth. I think we still win but they were tough

1stnurseryman
12-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Just for your information Cuero only threw two picks in the 2nd half, with the 1st one coming on the very 1st play of the 1st quarter. I peronally don't think the wind was that big of a factor, we just got beat by a better team that nite.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 1stnurseryman
Just for your information Cuero only threw two picks in the 2nd half, with the 1st one coming on the very 1st play of the 1st quarter. I peronally don't think the wind was that big of a factor, we just got beat by a better team that nite.

Well I thought that you could have played with them without the mistakes and the fumble you lost as well. Problem was you gave them some easy scores and did not have enough O to keep up. CS plays solid on D.

75009Football
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
We finally hit 100 votes. Still looks like Celina is pulling away slowly but surely. Cant wait for this one to get started.

If CS cant pass on Celina it will be a long night for them and an even longer drive home.

1stnurseryman
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Their defence really suprised me on how they shut us down. Just goes to show that you don't have to be the fastest team on the field as long as you play great technique and execute well, which is what CS did to us all nite long. They completely controled the tempo of the game. They deserved the win that nite.

Bobcat_Mom
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
When/Why did they change from 4 to 6 B Mom?

Not too sure as to why or when they did it. Actually I'm really not sure where the 'original' post came from saying it was @ 4 doesn't really matter, either way it's @ 6, can't wait. Hope to see you all there.

Go Cats!

Finish It!

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Cuero does not pass very well this year.
Okay, I had not seen recent stats, until just now. ANY high school quarterback who can pass for 2376 yds, 23 TD's with 73.5 completion ratio through 14 games, and throw ZERO interceptions is passing very well, IMO.

bobcat1
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Okay, I had not seen recent stats, until just now. ANY high school quarterback who can pass for 2376 yds, 23 TD's with 73.5 completion ratio through 14 games, and throw ZERO interceptions is passing very well, IMO. Never mind. It ain't worth the grief. One more game Lord, Just one more game!

bobcat1
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Get your facts straight BillyFred. These people hate us enough already. Good gosh man be accurate to the letter EVERY time.

Bobcat_Mom
12-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Get your facts straight BillyFred. These people hate us enough already. Good gosh man be accurate to the letter EVERY time.

:clap: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Okay, I had not seen recent stats, until just now. ANY high school quarterback who can pass for 2376 yds, 23 TD's with 73.5 completion ratio through 14 games, and throw ZERO interceptions is passing very well, IMO.

In region 4 I could roll my fat but out there and do that. He would never get those stats in region 3. In a lot of districts in region 2 he would not. He is decent but 15 and lacks experience. That is what cost the game. Any team that plays defense the way LH does or Celina does or even CS does would stuff him which is exactly what happened.

Let me put it another way. Right now region 4 is the weakest region. Region1 is usually close but this year they had 4 decent teams in d2 and 1 in d1 and that is not bad. Cuero was the only playoff caliber team from 4. And all of the other region champs would have beat them not just CS. Cuero is a good club and that QB is salty at 15. By the time he is a senior they have a real shot if they can find a team to go with him or play top 10 defense. Looking at the teams that have won, they have a top 10 O and D or better except CS and they are close on D at about 14. Cuero statistically was out of the top 40. Won't get it done unless everyone else is weak on d and you have a top 5 O.

You LH fans should know this as well as anybody. Jazzy stats are just that. Defense wins championships. And in a region where our JV would have done well those stats don't impress me. Only what he did against a good defense.
3 picks and only one offensive score that meant anything.

mrescape43
12-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Celina should take this one by 14. I know nothing about CS but I was VERY impressed with the Bobcats. Good Luck to Celina this week and I hope we can meet in future years. Lets hope for a hard fought injury free game and I hope everyone has a safe trip to and from Texas Stadium.

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i believe Celina is the away team, but that was fifteenth hand info (probably wrong)

I've been told we're, Celina, the away team.

GreenMachine
12-18-2007, 02:38 AM
In region 4 I could roll my fat but out there and do that. He would never get those stats in region 3. In a lot of districts in region 2 he would not. He is decent but 15 and lacks experience. That is what cost the game. Any team that plays defense the way LH does or Celina does or even CS does would stuff him which is exactly what happened.

Let me put it another way. Right now region 4 is the weakest region. Region1 is usually close but this year they had 4 decent teams in d2 and 1 in d1 and that is not bad. Cuero was the only playoff caliber team from 4. And all of the other region champs would have beat them not just CS. Cuero is a good club and that QB is salty at 15. By the time he is a senior they have a real shot if they can find a team to go with him or play top 10 defense. Looking at the teams that have won, they have a top 10 O and D or better except CS and they are close on D at about 14. Cuero statistically was out of the top 40. Won't get it done unless everyone else is weak on d and you have a top 5 O.

You LH fans should know this as well as anybody. Jazzy stats are just that. Defense wins championships. And in a region where our JV would have done well those stats don't impress me. Only what he did against a good defense.
3 picks and only one offensive score that meant anything. Oh, I don't think you could roll your fat butt out there and do anything. I hope our 15 year old QB meets ya'll in a year or two. He was exceptional this year. And by the way, he would have similar stats in any division. We did hang 35 points on LH.

GreenMachine
12-18-2007, 02:52 AM
I don't know a thing about Celina's QB but I seriousy doubt he is as gifted an athlete as Tyler. He is 15 and grew up a lot in the semi's. He will be back and leading the Gobblers for the next couple of years. He throws as good a ball as you will see in high school. We get almost all our line back and our receivers. If we find a running back, everyone else had better look out.

eagles_victory
12-18-2007, 05:15 AM
IMO Cuero hadnt seen anyone even close to the team CS was in district or playoffs and they didnt know what hit them when they saw a good football team. Its tough to get better when your playing the talent or lack their of in Region 4. As I had said before CS played in a district that had 4 teams in it that could have won Region 4. Region 4 can get on here all day and try to say they belong in the same league as the other regions but Pleasanton and Cueros results defintely show otherwise

GreenMachine
12-18-2007, 05:43 AM
IMO Cuero hadnt seen anyone even close to the team CS was in district or playoffs and they didnt know what hit them when they saw a good football team. Its tough to get better when your playing the talent or lack their of in Region 4. As I had said before CS played in a district that had 4 teams in it that could have won Region 4. Region 4 can get on here all day and try to say they belong in the same league as the other regions but Pleasanton and Cueros results defintely show otherwise I am not disputing the fact that in district or the playoffs we didn't play anybody, but in the regular season, we played LH a lot closer than the MIGHTY Gilmer team. Your assessment is STUPID! You have no idea on the other teams that we didn't play.

emileq
12-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Celina,
Best of luck in this game. I think you will take it. If you win, we can only dream about what a rematch would look like this year. A tight game I'm sure.

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by emileq
Celina,
Best of luck in this game. I think you will take it. If you win, we can only dream about what a rematch would look like this year. A tight game I'm sure.

Thank you Emileq, such kind words you utter from your keyboard. It is nice to see someone can be respectful and not slay someone from Celina.

Again, congrats to LH!

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Wow! I had not heard that before... :thinking:

Just like we haven't heard how great LH is? Another completely un-necessary comment against a hmmmm random? Celina poster.

For some reason, no one wants to allow anyone to comment positively or factually how Celina is doing and has done. This board is one sided....& why is that you must ask yourself. Because Celina is good at football? How dare them get 7 state titles and talk about it and be proud. I recall last year they were moved to 3A and everyone said how terrible they were going to do, etc. and here they are two years in a row at the State Title game, can't be too bad I would think. And people aren't aloud to state the obvious or their opinion or anything. Y? Cuz their good!

I could go on and on about how wonderful the coaching staff is and how they expect the best out of their players, on and off the field or how wonderful the community pulls together whether it be supporting their kids play football or when a tragedy happens. All that doesn't really matter to a bunch of posters who really only care about themselves and their opinions.

Go Bobcats!

We are Celina, we are proud!

We believe!

Time to Finish it! (They do still have one game left and whether they win or lose, they had a GREAT season (15-0) that speaks for itself.)

CelinaProud
12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Just like we haven't heard how great LH is? Another completely un-necessary comment against a hmmmm random? Celina poster.

For some reason, no one wants to allow anyone to comment positively or factually how Celina is doing and has done. This board is one sided....& why is that you must ask yourself. Because Celina is good at football? How dare them get 7 state titles and talk about it and be proud. I recall last year they were moved to 3A and everyone said how terrible they were going to do, etc. and here they are two years in a row at the State Title game, can't be too bad I would think. And people aren't aloud to state the obvious or their opinion or anything. Y? Cuz their good!

I could go on and on about how wonderful the coaching staff is and how they expect the best out of their players, on and off the field or how wonderful the community pulls together whether it be supporting their kids play football or when a tragedy happens. All that doesn't really matter to a bunch of posters who really only care about themselves and their opinions.

Go Bobcats!

We are Celina, we are proud!

We believe!

Time to Finish it! (They do still have one game left and whether they win or lose, they had a GREAT season (15-0) that speaks for itself.)

What an awesome quote, God knows you're opening yourself up for the slaughter but thank you for caring about your town and team. In the past few days this board has turned into an ugly place for Celina faithful. Kind statements are being mistook, truths being called lies and people, A LOT of them besides myself, wearing their emotions where their heads were. I mean, I know it can be a bit one-sided on here, at least it has while I've been watching the past two years, but really the amount of name calling that is going on and the jumping to conclusions is just sad. I thought we were adults, kind and considerate and thankful to be in a country so blessed. I know I am. Good luck on Saturday Bobcats! FINISH IT!

MN95
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I have to weigh in on this. I did yesterday on another thread that is buried on the 3rd page now. In that thread a LH poster said this:

its possible: LH is gods gift to high school football
i had to:D

Can you imagine the response if someone from Celina posted that? Yet, there was not one response of "and you wonder why we hate your town", or "cocky" or "arrogant".

This same LH poster has already said that we will win the SC this year, but only because LH went DI. He also has the LH record since 2002 in his signature.

2002 AREA FINALIST
2003 REGIONAL SEMIFINALIST
2004 STATE SEMIFINALIST
2005 STATE QUARTERFINALIST
2006 STATE CHAMPS
2007 STATE CHAMPS
24 WINS IN A ROW

Now I believe LH is a very good team that beat us last year, no excuses. They are giddy over their success right now, and they SHOULD BE!! But if I were to post Celina's record in my signature since just 1998, it would do 2 things. First, it would inflame many. The other thing it would do is show that if ANY school on this board has the right to be cocky and arrogant, it is Celina.

So, there is a double standard. As I posted yesterday, I have learned when you have more skins on the wall, you are held to a stricter standard.

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 09:58 AM
unravel your pannies ;) its ok man, i can pull a similar card and say that i cant have pride but you can? it goes both ways and you should learn to live with it :p i have never once had ANY problems with any team having pride, i encourage it because its what WE do on here buddy. Im glad you agree with me now :clap:

Ranger Mom
12-18-2007, 10:00 AM
WOW!! This thread gave me a worse headache than I already had!!

My perspective being an "outsider" looking in is that every school is going to have "arrogant" fans representing them on the board, (except Greenwood, there are only 2 of us and GWOOD doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body...except for maybe that ONE week!!):D

Anyway, maybe it's because there are so many Celina posters that I seem to notice it more with Celina....not so much the perceived arrogance, but the defensiveness! Everyone doesn't HAVE to agree with everything someone from Celina posts....but it seems if they disagree they have to read all these posts why they are wrong.

Greenwood has played for State ONE time. I joined this board that summer before football season. Week in and week out I read why would lose. The further we went in the playoffs, I read how we cornfed country boys couldn't keep up with that East Texas speed. I didn't know if we could or couldn't, I just posted that we may not be able too, and watched my team SKUNK that famed East Texas team with all it's speed that next weekend.

Then we go undefeated into the State Championship and get beat in double overtime by a field goal by Bandera who had come in 3rd in their district.

I came back here, made my congratulatory thread and proceeded to talk about red condoms!!:p

Long story short....I think kepdawg's long ago post said it best. Humility is what is missing on this board these days!!

DaHop72
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gifhttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gif

LH810
12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
I have to weigh in on this. I did yesterday on another thread that is buried on the 3rd page now. In that thread a LH poster said this:

its possible: LH is gods gift to high school football
i had to:D

Can you imagine the response if someone from Celina posted that? Yet, there was not one response of "and you wonder why we hate your town", or "cocky" or "arrogant".

This same LH poster has already said that we will win the SC this year, but only because LH went DI. He also has the LH record since 2002 in his signature.

2002 AREA FINALIST
2003 REGIONAL SEMIFINALIST
2004 STATE SEMIFINALIST
2005 STATE QUARTERFINALIST
2006 STATE CHAMPS
2007 STATE CHAMPS
24 WINS IN A ROW

Now I believe LH is a very good team that beat us last year, no excuses. They are giddy over their success right now, and they SHOULD BE!! But if I were to post Celina's record in my signature since just 1998, it would do 2 things. First, it would inflame many. The other thing it would do is show that if ANY school on this board has the right to be cocky and arrogant, it is Celina.

So, there is a double standard. As I posted yesterday, I have learned when you have more skins on the wall, you are held to a stricter standard.

noone from liberty hill has anything against celina

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
hey dahop i dont think you ever answered why you wanted me to leave 3ADL? :confused: im still very upset

MN95
12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
First, I only wear "pannies" if my wife is out of town for the weekend, so there is no current wadding.

Second, I never once said you can't have pride and we can. In fact, I think I emphasized that you SHOULD (capital letters usually are meant to emhasize).

The gist of this is that LH sort of gets a pass on here because they are a "newer" dominant team, I guess. In other words, you don't get ripped nearly as much for the same "pro-team" posts that we do. Case in point yesterday.

Some day you may understand. Just keep your streak of 24 going for 44 more games and add 5 (I reserve the right to change this number to 6 after Saturday) more State Championships.

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 10:49 AM
haha thats good for you man. but people dont jump all over Celinas case though man, yall are just really sensative. we hillians blow everything off and realize its all in good fun

MN95
12-18-2007, 10:54 AM
haha thats good for you man. but people dont jump all over Celinas case though man, yall are just really sensative. we hillians blow everything off and realize its all in good fun

Daddy, you haven't been paying attention if you don't think people "jump all over Celinas case". No sense in continuing the back and forth though.

On another topic, just found out my wife is going out of town this weekend.:D

Ranger Mom
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Daddy, you haven't been paying attention if you don't think people "jump all over Celinas case". No sense in continuing the back and forth though.

On another topic, just found out my wife is going out of town this weekend.:D

ROFL!! I am sick today and obviously need to go back to bed!!

When I read this, I read it as your wife posted on another topic (as in on another thread) that she was going out of town.
:D

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
you have been on this board for one month, ive been on for 2 years. i believe i have seen alot more threads concerning celina than you have. and im here to tell you that yall are the most respected team on this board, everyone respects celina because like you said, the records speak for themselves. so saying that, it amazes me how sensative yall get bc yall should just blow it off and actually do what you say, and that would be "sitting back and thinking to yourself: hmmm we are better than most everyother team, im content"

thats mindblowing isnt it?

MN95
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Need some advice for this weekend. Cotton or microfiber?

75009Football
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Silk.

75009Football
12-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Back in the college days I was a frat rat. We were the largest frat on campus (only 3). We would have a party and invite all the new freshmen and it would never fail, the other frats would drive by and flip us off, moon us, yell, and just make a$$e$ of themselves. All the actives would clap, yell Hi, wave back, and then go back to talking with the freshmen. The freshmen could not believe we would not get mad, chase them, or go do that to their house. Our answer was always the same.

We're having a party here enjoying ourselves. They are our sideshow. The food, drink, and girls are here. They will drive by several times and we'll laugh and have fun with them. They will go buy a 6-pack and go to their house and play with by themselves. We, however, will still be partying.

ONE MORE GAME!!!

Balcones fault
12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't post here a whole lot but I do have the experience of living in Celina and now near Liberty Hill. I agree with the posts that Celina catches a lot of grief for being proud and successful, and also that the Celina folks seem to be somewhat quickly defensive. I really think Celina came to 3A and showed a tremendous amount of disrespect by promptly taking it to the finals. Sort of like Plano or SLC previously. Any bragging or overcompensation/chip on their shoulder should have been resolved at that point. Winning has a way of bringing the smack talk to a sudden stop. Celina has earned their share of bragging rights but I can see how the been-3A-forever folks might be offended by the new kid on the block.

Discussion boards do tend to bring out the rudeness in folks, don't they? Sometimes when newcomers enter a d-board, they offend unintentionally, due to unfamiliarity with the culture or the personalities of the posters. Use the smilies and don't get too serious....its fun,eh? :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've had the best of both worlds as a fan. Congrats to LH and best of luck to Celina this weekend.

And one more thing if I may? That orange school color of Celina's is just gross. ;) I couldn't get rid of that stuff fast enough.

lynx_rufus
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
. . . Anyway, maybe it's because there are so many Celina posters that I seem to notice it more with Celina....not so much the perceived arrogance, but the defensiveness! Everyone doesn't HAVE to agree with everything someone from Celina posts....but it seems if they disagree they have to read all these posts why they are wrong.
. . . Long story short....I think kepdawg's long ago post said it best. Humility is what is missing on this board these days!!
WRONG!

Defensiveness wins championships! :D

trojan37
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM

3 picks and only one offensive score that meant anything.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Region II is BY FAR the weakest region in the state. I honestly believe Cuero ( region 4) could hang with Celina. Robinson (Region III) only lost to Celina 19-7. Snyder out of Region I is the closest matchup I believe Celina has had in the playoffs. That Cuero qb (who only passed for 2,000 yards & no INT's) could have probably passed for 10,000 in Region II. Celina obliterated that Region in the playoffs. Anybody who can pass for 2,000 yards in a season is all-state caliber to me, and Eskew is better. Celina is well coached, as well as China. In a game like this no one has the upper hand. Throw out all of the stats, the game changing performances, the playoff one-sided victories. This will come down to who wants it the most, and right now there are 2 teams craving a state title. May the best team win.

MN95
12-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Region II is BY FAR the weakest region in the state. I honestly believe Cuero ( region 4) could hang with Celina. Robinson (Region III) only lost to Celina 19-7. Snyder out of Region I is the closest matchup I believe Celina has had in the playoffs. That Cuero qb (who only passed for 2,000 yards & no INT's) could have probably passed for 10,000 in Region II. Celina obliterated that Region in the playoffs. Anybody who can pass for 2,000 yards in a season is all-state caliber to me, and Eskew is better. Celina is well coached, as well as China. In a game like this no one has the upper hand. Throw out all of the stats, the game changing performances, the playoff one-sided victories. This will come down to who wants it the most, and right now there are 2 teams craving a state title. May the best team win.

Good post Trojan. Just wanted to say it's nice to make your acquaintance. I'm a little older now, but I used to use your products a lot.

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I disagree, and here's partly why...

I'm somewhat new to C-Town and in trying to get involved and read up on area teams, chit chat w/ others, etc. I got involved on this board. Taking that in mind, know that I'm not 'home grown' Celinian so most likely I will not take things personally or be 'sensative' to things toward C-Town. This being said, I've noticed a huge difference in how people talk toward or treat Celina, in a negative way or tyr to totally dismiss what they have accomplished. I don't see a whole lot of Celina people boasting and bragging and carrying on about how great they are, sure there are posts here and there that are full of pokin fun or cockiness but that should be part of the fun...not all of it (which is what the majority if this board does when directing it toward Celina).

This is all my opinion, as an outsider, and I just can't believe that this is what the boards main purpose was meant for. Sure people will disagree and get heated here and there but in the end, it's supposed to be fun and a way to talk football and get to know people.

I know a lot of people have said congrats to LH and made nice compliments toward many teams/posters.

Now...can't we all just get a long????

No probably not...

;)

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
I don't post here a whole lot but I do have the experience of living in Celina and now near Liberty Hill. I agree with the posts that Celina catches a lot of grief for being proud and successful, and also that the Celina folks seem to be somewhat quickly defensive. I really think Celina came to 3A and showed a tremendous amount of disrespect by promptly taking it to the finals. Sort of like Plano or SLC previously. Any bragging or overcompensation/chip on their shoulder should have been resolved at that point. Winning has a way of bringing the smack talk to a sudden stop. Celina has earned their share of bragging rights but I can see how the been-3A-forever folks might be offended by the new kid on the block.

Discussion boards do tend to bring out the rudeness in folks, don't they? Sometimes when newcomers enter a d-board, they offend unintentionally, due to unfamiliarity with the culture or the personalities of the posters. Use the smilies and don't get too serious....its fun,eh? :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've had the best of both worlds as a fan. Congrats to LH and best of luck to Celina this weekend.

And one more thing if I may? That orange school color of Celina's is just gross. ;) I couldn't get rid of that stuff fast enough.

"I really think Celina came to 3A and showed a tremendous amount of disrespect by promptly taking it to the finals."

That is halarious, what are they supposed to do? Not try to win? Gosh!

BTW: I love the color orange. How orange are you? I'll take your orange stuff off your hands...pass it down bubby. LOL!

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
What an awesome quote, God knows you're opening yourself up for the slaughter but thank you for caring about your town and team. In the past few days this board has turned into an ugly place for Celina faithful. Kind statements are being mistook, truths being called lies and people, A LOT of them besides myself, wearing their emotions where their heads were. I mean, I know it can be a bit one-sided on here, at least it has while I've been watching the past two years, but really the amount of name calling that is going on and the jumping to conclusions is just sad. I thought we were adults, kind and considerate and thankful to be in a country so blessed. I know I am. Good luck on Saturday Bobcats! FINISH IT!

Yep!

charlesrixey
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
WRONG!

Defensiveness wins championships! :D

no, microfiber wins championships!

MN95
12-18-2007, 06:18 PM

I'm with you Rixey, microfiber feels so good it makes you take back stuff you never stole.

lynx_rufus
12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Here is an interesting statistic for Mr. Billy.

Did you realize that there will be 9 AP 3A All State players in the Celina vs. China Spring State Championship Game?

9 out of 44 potential starters will be All State players.

That just is an amazing percentage to me. :nerd:

trojan37
12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Good post Trojan. Just wanted to say it's nice to make your acquaintance. I'm a little older now, but I used to use your products a lot.

It's a shame, for the countless people that have used my products and I am not a millionaire. Instead I'm just the brunt of a lot of bad jokes. Go condoms, I mean Trojans!:D

BILLYFRED0000
12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Here is an interesting statistic for Mr. Billy.

Did you realize that there will be 9 AP 3A All State players in the Celina vs. China Spring State Championship Game?

9 out of 44 potential starters will be All State players.

That just is an amazing percentage to me. :nerd:
It is It is It is.... And everybody I can find has CS a 10 to 15 point dog. I don't like to think it is that easy. I give them more credit than the pundits seem to. Whats up with that.......

bobcat1
12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gifhttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6045/horsefy2.gif

Zactly! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lynx_rufus
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Zactly! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Are you accusing DaHop72 of having the Zactly? Oh My! ROFL :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
No. He has the dooloblonggeetus, lumpuckerroo, and a touch of the idioflicktitus. Those are broken down in pronunciation like this:
doo lob long geetus, lum pucker roo, and the idio flick titus.

A good dose of Castor Oil will fix all that ails him. ;)

LHPfactory
12-18-2007, 10:12 PM
After reading through this thread, ive discovered some common themes.

There is no question that region III has the largest amount of great teams....LH, CS, WLV, WOS, Giddings........,

However, this notion that since that is the case, CS is gonna handle Celina is not so. Celina may not be in the toughest region, but they are second to none (baring LH;) ).

I will admit that last year when LH played Celina, I was thinking along the same lines, however, they are top notch, and could handle any district or region with out question.

I like CS, I met the head coaches wife, nice lady, and a great program that shocked me and others this year. However, thinking CS will hang 3 or 4 touchdowns on Celina shows that you are not familiar with their program, that aint gonna happen. I know CS has a great QB and team, however, Celina has a D that I sometimes wonder if they arent cyborgs suited up out there.

Again I was dead wrong when I picked Cuero to win, however, I am one of the few who have witnessed Celina play, and I was imressed to say the least.

CS will be lucky to see the endzone two times, and I am only going to believe that they will score 1 td and maybe a field goal at best, If they can hold Celina's offense to less than ten they may win.

If im wrong Ill still be smiling cause my favorite team won on the previous saturday. :)

trojan37
12-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I have seen Celina play as well, as well as another traditional powehouse, Southlake Carroll, who, wait a minute, they lost! You never know who will show up to play on game day. I honestly don't think China has a chance either, but you never know.

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 12:51 AM
If Todd Dodge dont get hurt Abiline was history

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 12:59 AM

I thought you only had to take that stuff when you got old Charlie:)...are you on that stuff?:)

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 01:03 AM

I need an Alka Selzter....and a beer:)

trojan37
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
If Todd Dodge dont get hurt Abiline was history

Man, I didn't know he started playing again! If SLC gets caught using him, they're in deep!

alaskacat
12-19-2007, 01:11 AM

LOL I make one post about an Ill dresssed purple Panther that needs a makeover and I get a vacation:)

bobcat74
12-19-2007, 01:48 AM
These threads are so much more fun when both team's fans participate the pre-game trash talk. I'm McLovin it. :D

cat_eyes76
12-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Celina - by a mile.
I had hoped that when Celina moved up to 3A it would take a few years to gain the domination status that they had in 2A; however, it is rather obvious that it continues without a blip. Congrats on the win last week and good luck this week.

LH Panther Mom
12-19-2007, 06:04 AM
LOL I make one post about an Ill dresssed purple Panther that needs a makeover and I get a vacation:)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You were told exactly why and it had nothing to do with this. :rolleyes:

Bobcat_Mom
12-19-2007, 07:05 AM

Really? What's up w/ that?

Ranger Mom
12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Really? What's up w/ that?

No...not really!! It had NOTHING to do with that!!

Bobcat_Mom
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
No...not really!! It had NOTHING to do with that!!
So what do you do? Give him a 'time out' from the board?

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM
the board is extremely slow, so ill spice it up like im accustomed to doing: China is going to score on every posession and Eskew throws for 300 yards with zero incompletions and China Springs cruises to a solid victory:clap:

Ranger Mom
12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
So what do you do? Give him a 'time out' from the board?

Pretty much....but not for the reason HE stated!!

MN95
12-19-2007, 10:44 AM
the board is extremely slow, so ill spice it up like im accustomed to doing: China is going to score on every posession and Eskew throws for 300 yards with zero incompletions and China Springs cruises to a solid victory:clap:

Not falling for this one today DD11. Oh, and take the hallucinogenic mushrooms out of your omelette.:D

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Not falling for this one today DD11. Oh, and take the hallucinogenic mushrooms out of your omelette.:D

no, its the meth remember? :rolleyes: haha you know how i feel about this game already...CELINA ROLLS

MN95
12-19-2007, 10:54 AM
no, its the meth remember? :rolleyes: haha you know how i feel about this game already...CELINA ROLLS

I wish I was as confident as you and others. I am very nervous about the outcome, as I was last week against Snyder.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2007, 10:55 AM
thats the norm though. as the game gets closer nerves set in haha

but jump on over to the all state thread so we dont ruin this one!:devil:

Balcones fault
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
"I really think Celina came to 3A and showed a tremendous amount of disrespect by promptly taking it to the finals."

That is halarious, what are they supposed to do? Not try to win? Gosh!

BTW: I love the color orange. How orange are you? I'll take your orange stuff off your hands...pass it down bubby. LOL!

Heh. Well, we first moved down the road to Frisco (Prosper schools) so the orange was EXTREMELY unpopular there. Those folks take the Celina bash to unhealthy levels. No, we put all the orange in a garage sale and it sold quickly. I did wear my Celina cap (bought after 3rd championship) to the LH-Cuero game this year....didn't get a single comment. I may have a leftover t-shirt from one of the Elementary school field day events. My daughter went to elementary school with the now 11th graders. Back in my time there, they didn't have girls volleyball in the fall, which I thought extremely strange in a perceived football to the exclusion of all else kind of way.

75009Football
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I thought you only had to take that stuff when you got old Charlie:)...are you on that stuff?:) Don't admit to nutin.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
What is the most points scored on Celina this year, and who did it? Also what is the lowest points scored by Celina this year, and who held em to it?

75009Football
12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
What is the most points scored on Celina this year, and who did it? Also what is the lowest points scored by Celina this year, and who held em to it? The least points scored by Celina this year is 19 against Robinson. First game of the season and had some people missing because of injuries.

The most points against Celina was 27 by Argyle Liberty Christian, the TAPPS II State Champ in the second game of the season.

We had some growing pains early in the year but rebounded quite well from there. The next closest in each catagory was 23 against us by Pittsburg and the 33 Snyder held us to.

Hurry up Saturday.

metrotigerfan
12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
First time I have been on since the Tigers and Bobcats played and would like to take a brief moment and say congrats to Celina for a well played game. The D was very tough and I have to say great job. Hope you guys win state.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
The least points scored by Celina this year is 19 against Robinson. First game of the season and had some people missing because of injuries.

The most points against Celina was 27 by Argyle Liberty Christian, the TAPPS II State Champ in the second game of the season.

We had some growing pains early in the year but rebounded quite well from there. The next closest in each catagory was 23 against us by Pittsburg and the 33 Snyder held us to.

Hurry up Saturday.

thanks for the info. Sounds like China Spring has there hands full. Good Luck Bobcats!

charlesrixey
12-20-2007, 09:11 AM
two days left!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Well I was ganna go to this game but I prolly wont now.

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Well I was ganna go to this game but I prolly wont now.

lets go to the katy-pville game instead 325

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 01:17 PM

That should be a good one! lol im going for pflugerville though.

Runnin Panther
12-20-2007, 04:02 PM
What time is kick off?

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2007, 08:51 PM

That probably won't be a good game either. Katy should roll.

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 08:58 PM
agreed. and ive changed my mind since then. i have wanted to see celina play ever since the season started, but im either busy with our games or too lazy to drive to irving, but im trying to hitch a ride:D

Stownhorse
12-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Sadly I cant be there because its too far. But even if I could make it I have a wedding rehearsal fri. and wedding sat.... GO BOBCATS!

garciap77
12-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Go Celina!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Celina takes it, easily...

bigdaddy
12-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Celina is rock solid and has a Team of young men who make the commitment and then work hard and pour their hearts and soles into the season. Let the records speak for themselves NONE of them are by accident and yes Celina dropped the game to Liberty Hill last year whom was another rock solid team but I think Celina won't run away with game but in the 3rd and 4th quarter just wear China Springs down. 38-21

Bobcat_Mom
12-22-2007, 01:01 AM
two days left!

I'm so excited, I can't wait. God be with all the players tomorrow, keep them all safe.

Makin' it 8 & winnin' State!

Go Bobcats!

GreenMachine
12-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Please keep the updates coming tonight. Good luck to both teams, both deserve to be where they are. Hope this is an injury free game.

zebrablue2
12-22-2007, 08:30 AM
where did this season, and this year go? hard to believe it will end today. good luck to all teams, and play injury free.

buff4ever
12-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Good luck guys, have fun and lets get it on.

Bobcat_Mom
12-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if the games going to be broadcasted? I have family all over the states that want to listen in, plus it'll save me in texting everyone.

Thanks!

Go Cats!

CelinaProud
12-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I think it's going to be broadcast on 92.1....ONE MORE GAME! :)

sweetwater07
12-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Sadly I cant be there because its too far. But even if I could make it I have a wedding rehearsal fri. and wedding sat.... GO BOBCATS!

yeah right fool, your just too big a pune to come...muahaha

i'll be there watching China Spring tear up Celina!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Were is it being played?

Im in Houston right now.

Bobcat_Mom
12-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
I think it's going to be broadcast on 92.1....ONE MORE GAME! :)

Ok, thanks! I don't think they'll be able to get that from where they are though, that's the thing.

One more game! :(

zebrablue2
12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Were is it being played?

Im in Houston right now.

alamo dome in SA tonight at 7pm. will be on tv in houston on KNWS channel 51, and re-broadcast on fox sports net at either 1:30 or 2am sunday morning I think.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
alamo dome in SA tonight at 7pm. will be on tv in houston on KNWS channel 51, and re-broadcast on fox sports net at either 1:30 or 2am sunday morning I think.

Ill just watch it cause i'm not going to go all the way to SA.

The_Fan
12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if the games going to be broadcasted? I have family all over the states that want to listen in, plus it'll save me in texting everyone.

Thanks!

Go Cats!

Game will be live on internet@

www.kxez.com

Starts @ 5:30 I think

Listen to Hunn and Hamm do their thang!!

Radio is 92.1

GO BOBCATS!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by The_Fan
Game will be live on internet@

www.kxez.com

Starts @ 5:30 I think

Listen to Hunn and Hamm do their thang!!

Radio is 92.1

GO BOBCATS!!!!

I hope it don't have as much static as last time.

bobcat1
12-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
yeah right fool, your just too big a pune to come...muahaha

i'll be there watching China Spring tear up Celina!!!!

How do you like that served when it's over? I'll take mine raw if I have to.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-22-2007, 02:08 PM
How do you like that served when it's over? I'll take mine raw if I have to.

07 wants China to win were Snyder can't say they lost to the state champs.

Celina wins by 14+

Old Tiger
12-22-2007, 02:28 PM
07 wants China to win were Snyder can't say they lost to the state champs.

Celina wins by 14+ You didn't just lose, you got donkey stomped by the state champions if they in fact do win.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You didn't just lose, you got donkey stomped by the state champions if they in fact do win.

:rolleyes: Who pulled your string?

Old Tiger
12-22-2007, 02:36 PM
:rolleyes: Who pulled your string? :clap: :clap: :clap:

75009Football
12-22-2007, 11:16 PM
That was the best game of the year. CS O is something else. The D held up better than all expected. And their hearts are stronger than both the O and D. DO NOT HANG YOUR HEADS CS YOU HAVE A GREAT TEAM. BEST WEVE FACED ALL YEAR. Congratulations and bulid on this experience.

CelinaCatFan
12-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I'll second that. China Spring is one heck of a team! While we heard about their offense leading up to the game, it was their defense that really impressed me. Their QB is really good and the WR Hicks was a monster. I hope the DL for China Spring is ok. It looked like he broke his leg. Best wishes and prayers to that young man.

Congrats Bobcats on "Finishing It." We are proud of you!

lynx_rufus
12-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Troy McCartney is my new hero! That half back pass where he refused to go down was the game saver. IMO.

That kid plays like a man.

I knew China Spring would not roll over and I could see why they were in the state championship game.

And I guess the old addage about passing is true. Only three things can happen when you pass the ball and two of them are not good.

Congratulations on eight. And congratulations on two great seasons in 3A. Not bad for a little 2A program. 31-1, And an undefeated season in 3A.

Benny update your signature!!!