PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill 3A Division I State Champs!!

sinton66
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Congrats to the Panthers with a back to back championship. LH defeated Gilmer 38-13 to win the trophy.

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 08:04 PM
:clap: :clap:

too bad they couldn't play celina this year!

KingRob
12-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Congrats to Liberty Hill. Back to back, not too many teams can claim that feat.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
12-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Sounded like total domination. And Gilmer is a good team. Impressive. LH's defense seems to have really REALLY got its act together. Wow.

Old Green
12-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Congrats Liberty Hill:clap:

sinton66
12-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Congrats to the Panthers, back to back, one in EACH division is quite impressive.

CHS_CG
12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Just got home from the game. It was awesome! BIG CONGRATS to LH they did a hellva job! BACK 2 BACK HAS TO FEEL GOOD!

kaorder1999
12-15-2007, 09:44 PM
congrats Liberty Hill!!

sinton66
12-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

I'm thinking you ought to be thankful it worked out this way.;)

LHPantherfanII
12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
YEA!!! AWESOME GAME!!!:clap:

loyalleopard
12-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Congrats to LH on a State Championship and to Gilmer on a Great Season.

rundoe
12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Congrats. to Gilmer on a Great Season!!!
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Nanny349pm/3b87-1.jpg
Back to back State Champs!!!!!
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Nanny349pm/3b87-1.jpg

Fantastic Season Panthers. You Guys Rule!!!! 24 in a Row.

LHKat
12-15-2007, 11:00 PM
WOOOOHOOO.......LH Panthers. Way to go boys, I've enjoyed watching you all year. Also congrats to Gilmer on a great season!!

Dogman_1969
12-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Congrats go out to the Back-To-Back State Champions.

That says it all...........

piratebg
12-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Congrats Panthers :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats Liberty Hill panthers on your back to Back Championships! Awesome feat to say the least! :clap: :clap: :clap:

kenco13
12-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Congrats to the Panthers with a back to back championship. LH defeated Gilmer 38-13 to win the trophy.

Great job LH, Congrats on a fantastic season.

LHPfactory
12-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Great Job LH, the O line was fantastic. The D was fantastic.....a complete football team with relentless resolve, thats it in a nut shell....makes me proud to be from Liberty Hill.

There were two elder men sitting behind me that were from Gilmer (they didnt want to sit on the aluminum on the visitor side) and they were talking trash in the beginning. They said that LH has never faced a team like Gilmer and that they will be in for a rude awakening. The opening kick off and the first series on offense, man they really started talking the noise.

Then LH scored their first, and one of the men said that Gilmer will adjust and stop the trap on the next series:) :) :) :) :) :)

I turned around with a smile and said that LH will run it "ALL NIGHT LONG", and that no one has stopped it yet. Each time we drove the ball down the field, I turned around and said all night long (in a polite manner of course);)

The two men left at the end of the fourth quarter and said that they have never seen an offensive line get the job done down after down like LH in all their years, and thy were old. Thats a big complement to the O line....."ALL NIGHT LONG BABY ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!"

Congrats LH Panthers , back to back and better than ever.

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I agree. The O Line kicked some butt.
Also I still was surprised the HUGE Gilmer O line could not push the Panther Defense.
Great Job to all the Panthers.

Bigworm
12-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Yes we are back to back STATE CHAMPIONS

LHPfactory
12-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I just read the statesman write up.......Justin Johnson was 10 carries for 17 yards, yes just 17 yards, amazing.

LHPantherfanII
12-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Duck Pluck ~ Trent said you can get me an emergency tape of the game ... is that true??? If so ... Please call him in the morning. My husband hasn't missed a game in like 5 years and had to miss the STATE GAME!! He is coming in from a mission trip tomorrow and doesn't want anyone to tell him what the outcome was until he watched the game. I don't know if I can contain my excitement about the game and not tell him!!! Please ...

75009Football
12-16-2007, 02:38 AM
Congrats Liberty Hill, awesome feat. Keep it up. Dang I hate this Division crud. Two in a row. Lets see if we can go through each other next year. Enjoy this cause it doesn't get to happen often.

duckpluck
12-16-2007, 02:40 AM
I cant get him video.
He can listen to the replay on www.kmacsports.com

PurpleBlur
12-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Congrats to all Liberty Hill Panthers!! What an amazing season! They said we couldn't win being a "1 Dimensional Team" but Coach Vance and Walker are two of THE BEST coaches in the state!!

I said contain the QB and LH wins, and that if they stop the run Gilmer wins...I guess we know that no one can stop the PURPLEBLUR!!!

Undefeated Season...DIVISION 1 STATE CHAMPIONS without throwing 1 pass!!! 2 in a row...first time in 7 years for 3A!!

Congrats to Gilmer on a great season!!

rundoe
12-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Great Job LH, the O line was fantastic. The D was fantastic.....a complete football team with relentless resolve, thats it in a nut shell....makes me proud to be from Liberty Hill.

There were two elder men sitting behind me that were from Gilmer (they didnt want to sit on the aluminum on the visitor side) and they were talking trash in the beginning. They said that LH has never faced a team like Gilmer and that they will be in for a rude awakening. The opening kick off and the first series on offense, man they really started talking the noise.

Then LH scored their first, and one of the men said that Gilmer will adjust and stop the trap on the next series:) :) :) :) :) :)

I turned around with a smile and said that LH will run it "ALL NIGHT LONG", and that no one has stopped it yet. Each time we drove the ball down the field, I turned around and said all night long (in a polite manner of course);)

The two men left at the end of the fourth quarter and said that they have never seen an offensive line get the job done down after down like LH in all their years, and thy were old. Thats a big complement to the O line....."ALL NIGHT LONG BABY ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!"

Congrats LH Panthers , back to back and better than ever.

Love it. They earned it. Slot T, The Liberty Hill Way!!

rundoe
12-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
I agree. The O Line kicked some butt.
Also I still was surprised the HUGE Gilmer O line could not push the Panther Defense.
Great Job to all the Panthers.

I have to say. At almost every game I went to this year, "during warm ups I would hear someone say about the other team.

"Those guys are big." I would just think to myself and smile. Conditioning and heart, wins over Big (and speed).

It's a 4 quarter game, and our 2008 team starts Monday to be prepared to play 4 quarters every game next year. It's called Panther Ball.

rundoe
12-16-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/12/16/1216libertyhill.html

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/index_football.html

http://www.statesman.com/sports/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=58943

Finially some respect from The Statesman!!

(Oh, and the wind wasn't 50 miles an hour) I sat with it in my face all night.

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 08:26 AM
The first article's title is misleading. If LH wanted to rub in in they could have scored after the last turnover.

rundoe
12-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Yup.

Runnin Panther
12-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Congratulation Panthers. You guys have truly proven what hard work and dedication will get you. I am so proud of you.

24 in a row and counting….

Super_R
12-16-2007, 09:32 AM
LH is the best of the best.

Our offense if a flawless display of 11 young men doing their job. They work hard, work together and they are the best at what they do. Walker, Draper, Herman, Kirschner, and Bode do an amazing job getting those boys ready to machine through every defense that gets in the way. Damn they are good.

Our defense is suffocating. After they would smother a play I would have to look and see if we had 11 out there...it looked more like 15 or 20. They were everywhere. Gang tackleing isn't a strong enough analogy...Those 11 absolutely dominated the game. Vance, Duncan, Kristan, Garza, Harerra, and Escobar know what they are doing...They just held the #1 offense in 3A to around 100 yards of total offense. That is freaking awesome.

And Doc kept them all healthy.

To the Panther players and Coaches. Thank you for a great season you just took me on another amazing ride.

I had some relatives and friends come in from various places to watch the game. They were sceptical before the start of the game...but, once my boys got out there and started to do what they do...they were just dumbfounded on how they totaly dominated the game...they were speechless at times. I would just give them a smile and said " I told you"

lostaussie
12-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Congrats to the Panthers:clap::clap::clap::clap: ya'll have something to be proud of down there!!!!!!! I never was positive we were gonna win, but I never imagined getting dominated like that. Once again congratulations on one heck of a season
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::

Ranger Mom
12-16-2007, 09:44 AM
What an AWESOME game!!! My husband and daughter's boyfriend looked at me dumbfounded when Gilmer ran that first kickoff back, they thought it was gonna be a LONG night!!

As impressed as they were with the Slot-T offense, I think LH's defense impressed them even more!!

We were at Hooter's afterwards and were surrounded by Gilmer fans....they were still in shock and VERY impressed with what they had just witnessed, to say the least!!

The game was definitely the high point of the game, the Hooter's food was not that great and the "Hooter's girls" are built NOTHING like the ones on the Calendar I bought for my husband to hang in his shop!:D Needless to say, the 2 guys I was with were less than impressed!:)

Super_R
12-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh yea...one more thing.

Come on with the come on!

Aesculus gilmus
12-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I've said kudos on about three or four other threads, but I missed this one.

I can't remember exactly what I wrote. Something to the effect you guys are the REAL DEAL and there is no way Gilmer, on its BEST day, could have come within three TDs of LH. You were not as heavily favored as you should have been.

It is a machine. And I agree with young Lattimore, "The System" beat "The Athletes" — like a drum.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 10:07 AM
They may be good at baseball,
They may be good at track.
But when it comes to football,
The STATE CHAMPS ARE BACK!

When the boys decided last summer on this as their pre-game run through the sign thingy, they knew exactly what they were talking about. The goal was not just to win back-to-back titles, but to do so UNDEFEATED. Week after week, they lined up against teams that, many times, had bigger and faster players. Week after week, they got out on the field to "do what they do"....and won while doing it.

To the Seniors on this TEAM: You guys are AWESOME! I've watched many of you compete in various sports since you were 5 or 6 and you've been a joy to watch. It's been my greatest pleasure watching you young men the last two seasons on the gridiron. Last year you helped earn what most teams can only dream of. This year, you reached an even higher level. My best wishes and :kiss: :kiss: go out to each of you.

To the Coaches - Vance, Walker, Duncan, Herman, Draper, Bode, Herrera, Escobar, Garza, Kristan, Kirschner (I hope I didn't leave anyone off) and to "Doc" Harrington: I can honestly say that there is not a group of coaches in the state of Texas that I would rather have my sons play for than you. You teach these boys to not only win with class, but to lose with class, and even more imporantly, help groom them into fine young men. THANK YOU!

To the returning Panthers: Strap 'em on tight, boys! It's gonna be a hell of a ride. HOLD THE ROPE!

LHPantherfanII
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I cant get him video.
Thanks anyway Duck Pluck - I'll see you soon!! Tell your side kick T I said Hi and I hope she is enjoying her new place. Take care!

LHPantherfanII
12-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I cant get him video.
Thanks anyway Duck Pluck - I'll see you soon!! Tell your side kick T I said Hi and I hope she is enjoying her new place. Take care!:)

tigerpride_08
12-16-2007, 10:44 AM
congrats to Liberty Hill...:clap:

wimbo_pro
12-16-2007, 10:55 AM
i bet none of you want to stop for a moment from enjoying this impressive and obviously well deserved feat (I know I wouldnt if in your shoes), but will someone tell me how bad graduation is going to affect the Panthers for next year?

clemsmarina
12-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
i bet none of you want to stop for a moment from enjoying this impressive and obviously well deserved feat (I know I wouldnt if in your shoes), but will someone tell me how bad graduation is going to affect the Panthers for next year?

In all honesty, about the same it has the last few years. I think it includes 22 seniors, with 11 of them being starters.
Several of the underclassmen that were backups have stepped and played quite a bit this year, with flawless perfection.

JV team is stacked and ready to step up as well.

Gonna be fun to watch!!!:D

RKTech
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Surely you aren't thinking to yourself.. "what talent is going to be left for next year?".. didn't the win over Gilmer prove that it aint about the individual talent? Its the system, the coaching, the heart... graduation will mean NADA.. except for some fine young men moving on with their life!

ProudHornetMom
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm still thawing out from the wind. :eek: My daughter looked like Audrey in the opening scene of Lampoon's Chirstmas Vacation.

It always comes back to doing what you do best over and over again...along with conditioning and team commitment. LH has it and is THE example of Slot-T for high school football. They stay focused with their game plan and don't panic.

Gilmer looked big and the first run back was amazing but as we've seen in the past few weeks, teams would have sparks of greatness but when pass plays didn't work, panic appears and the plays go haywire. All the while, LH keeps plowing ahead with their game.

Congratulations to both teams for having great seasons that brought them to the final game. That in itself is a major accomplishment. We all wish our teams were there!

Liberty Hill - bravo to the team, coaches and community for once again showing the rest of us how it's done. :clap:

CheerMom
12-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Congrats to LH on a great season!!!:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
12-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Congrats to the Panthers on another great season.......... :clap: :clap:

olddawggreen
12-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Congratulations Panthers!!!:)

ScoutsOut
12-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Posted this in the other thread, missed this one where is should have been posted....

Congrats to LH for another great run. To Gilmer as well for another fine season.

Hats off to Traylor for coaching wide open and giving his kids the chance against th "MACHINE".

Uh "Thunderstruck"!....Now go beat them Patriots, I'll be pulling for you LH.....(darn I think I have been Panthersized)?

FYI-Stump will be having surgery on Mon. for his dislocated thumb he sustained in the Wylie game, prayers go out to him and all that may have sustained injuries during the course of this year. Good luck next year....

wimbo_pro
12-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by RKTech
Surely you aren't thinking to yourself.. "what talent is going to be left for next year?".. didn't the win over Gilmer prove that it aint about the individual talent? Its the system, the coaching, the heart... graduation will mean NADA.. except for some fine young men moving on with their life!

I hear you, RKTech, but talent certainly does affect the results...if it didnt, then we wouldnt see the rise and fall of different well coached teams (Cuero, Gilmer, WOS, etc.) . But if you have around 11 returning starters, thats pretty solid.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ScoutsOut
Uh "Thunderstruck"!....Now go beat them Patriots, I'll be pulling for you LH.....(darn I think I have been Panthersized)?

HeeHee! Pantherized. I like it! :) :kiss:

FYI-Stump will be having surgery on Mon. for his dislocated thumb he sustained in the Wylie game, prayers go out to him and all that may have sustained injuries during the course of this year. Good luck next year....
I hope the surgery goes well. Best of luck to him and the rest of the Buckeyes.

rundoe
12-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They may be good at baseball,
They may be good at track.
But when it comes to football,
The STATE CHAMPS ARE BACK!

When the boys decided last summer on this as their pre-game run through the sign thingy, they knew exactly what they were talking about. The goal was not just to win back-to-back titles, but to do so UNDEFEATED. Week after week, they lined up against teams that, many times, had bigger and faster players. Week after week, they got out on the field to "do what they do"....and won while doing it.

To the Seniors on this TEAM: You guys are AWESOME! I've watched many of you compete in various sports since you were 5 or 6 and you've been a joy to watch. It's been my greatest pleasure watching you young men the last two seasons on the gridiron. Last year you helped earn what most teams can only dream of. This year, you reached an even higher level. My best wishes and :kiss: :kiss: go out to each of you.

To the Coaches - Vance, Walker, Duncan, Herman, Draper, Bode, Herrera, Escobar, Garza, Kristan, Kirschner (I hope I didn't leave anyone off) and to "Doc" Harrington: I can honestly say that there is not a group of coaches in the state of Texas that I would rather have my sons play for than you. You teach these boys to not only win with class, but to lose with class, and even more imporantly, help groom them into fine young men. THANK YOU!

To the returning Panthers: Strap 'em on tight, boys! It's gonna be a hell of a ride. HOLD THE ROPE!

Great Post Deb. I agree 100%

rundoe
12-16-2007, 12:56 PM

Our JV is undeafeated for the last few years. We expect to HOLD THE ROPE!!

ScoutsOut
12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Good article from East Texas local paper. Players and Coach from Gilmer very humble in their loss and without excuses..

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/sports/stories/12162007_gilmer.html

Aesculus gilmus
12-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I think credit should be given to the Liberty Hill defense for Gilmer's lack of execution. That's the only thing I would have added to that article.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Our JV is undeafeated for the last few years. We expect to HOLD THE ROPE!!
Didn't Cuero win this year? :confused: 19-1 is still a great couple of years. :cool:

pirate4state
12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What an impressive display of defense by the Liberty Hill Panthers. I believed that LH would win this game, but never did I imagine that they would hold Gilmer to ONE offensive TD!!!

After the opening kick off I thought we were in for a track meet. LOL. Wrong. LOL.

After Gilmer forced a punt on LH's first possession none of the LH fans around me were the least bit concerned and I was kinda thinking "this is what we've been talking about all week -- Gilmer needing early stops & scores", but LH held Gilmer and if my memory serves me right this was one of many 4th down plays inside Gilmer terriority that Traylor did what he's been doing all playoff season -gambling- and it failed. What is impressive is that his boys don't flinch, they line up and believe that they CAN, but the LH defense lined up across from them and had other ideas. ;)

Just a great show of force by the Panthers!!

Congrats to their coaching staff, players & fans on another outstanding season!! :thumbsup:

Congrats also go out to Gilmer and their coaching staff, players & fans for reaching the finals.

Good Luck to all the Seniors who played their last HS game. May you have continued success!!

To those returning - we look forward to watching you next year!! :)

wimbo_pro
12-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I think credit should be given to the Liberty Hill defense for Gilmer's lack of execution. That's the only thing I would have added to that article.

No doubt about it..to shut them down like that you HAD to dominate defensively.

To use an analogy, if this was a UFC fight, LH just drug them to the ground and pounded them into submission. Even after a good first shot to the jaw, Gilmer hoped to stay on their feet and move around, throwing "knock out" shots...no such luck.

WHAM!! ZAP!! KAPOW!! Holy Bat-Panther, fight over!

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2007, 01:39 PM
No doubt about it..to shut them down like that you HAD to dominate defensively.

To use an analogy, if this was a UFC fight, LH just drug them to the ground and pounded them into submission. Even after a good first shot to the jaw, Gilmer hoped to stay on their feet and move around, throwing "knock out" shots...no such luck.

WHAM!! ZAP!! KAPOW!! Holy Bat-Panther, fight over!
Awwwww...... :) I know that had to be tough, so it definitely needs a "thank you".

rundoe
12-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Didn't Cuero win this year? :confused: 19-1 is still a great couple of years. :cool:

actually if you go back a few more years the numbers gets even better.

wimbo_pro
12-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Awwwww...... :) I know that had to be tough, so it definitely needs a "thank you".

I might be slanted against wanting LH to be successful, but once they ARE successful, you just gotta call it as you see it...more accurately...call it as it truly is...a dominating team that has proven to be probably the best performance in a two year period in Central Texas, in ANY classification.

What I would give to be able to wave a wand and see Wimberley '05 play LH '07. What a game THAT would be!!

rundoe
12-16-2007, 01:56 PM

That was totally different article than the two I read in the Tyler press. I had to write them a nasty letter.

As far as the 3a downlow folks. lThank you to The Gilmer posters and supporters and to all the others for the tasteful posts. We appreciate it. :cool:

OldBison75
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
I was not able to go to the game but listened on webcast (KMAC).

Congratulations to LH for winning with class and showing Texas Football that you can win with a simple minded attack that is run to perfection by athletes that believe in themselves and each other. It ain't the scheme that decided the game-it's the belief that a system will succeed if you just do what you do best.

To Gilmer-- What a wonderful season. You guys are always at or near the top and have nothing to be ashamed of. I know ou will be back in the championship soon.

To both teams players- You young MEN should be proud and walk tall. You have shown all that this society needs to right itself. You have chosen a path that demanded that you work hard, believe in yourself, depened on friends and family for support, and stepped up in adversity to still be winners. If every part of society could learn from this--the world would be a better place.

To all fans from both schools--BE PROUD OF THESE YOUNG MEN wheteher your team won or lost. They are all winners in the game of life and that is the one we need to ultimately focus on.

By the way GOBLUE- Hope your team has a good year next year but don't get too hung up on that one game with LH. Ya'll played great that night but ain't close to the consistency that it takes to reach the LH level.

lostaussie
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

To Gilmer-- What a wonderful season. You guys are always at or near the top and have nothing to be ashamed of. I know ou will be back in the championship soon.

To both teams players- You young MEN should be proud and walk tall. You have shown all that this society needs to right itself. You have chosen a path that demanded that you work hard, believe in yourself, depened on friends and family for support, and stepped up in adversity to still be winners. If every part of society could learn from this--the world would be a better place.

thank you very much, as that was a very nice post. both teams showed they have great guidance. On this day though LH was the better team.

GreenGobbla
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
congrats lh

LHMom
12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm slow in posting this as I was out of town for the remainder of the weekend.

Congrats seems not a strong enough word for the Panthers. What an incredible game! It was awesome to watch you boys dominate on both sides of the ball.

To Coach Vance, Doc and the entire coaching staff - I am so proud for each of you. My kids weren't on the team for the state games, but I'm still so proud to say they played for you. You continue to take the team to new levels each year. What's next?!

I froze my hiney off, but was this game FUN, or what?!

gobbler grad
12-16-2007, 08:50 PM
congrats to Liberty Hill...great season guys...:clap: :clap:

Bobcat_Mom
12-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Congrats LH! Great job!

Super_R
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Total Domination!!! That is the only way to describe it.

The Panther D held Gilmer's #1 ranked offens to -3 yards rushing and 107 yards passing for a grand total of 104 yards of total offense. DAMN that is impressive by that Panther Defense.

The Panther O was a about 100 below their mark yesterday...mostly because of the short field. They rushed for about 370. That damn endzone got in the way a few times.

j_dog
12-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Congratulations LH and LHPM on two great seasons. :clap: :)

but you were lucky you didn't have to play t-rex this year, and those 4.9 40 WR's. :D

waterboy
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Total domination! Congratulations to the Liberty Hill Panthers! I never woulda thought it would've happened the way it did. Gilmer was definitely outplayed AND outcoached in this one. I was really surprised with the Panther defense. I knew that they would try and take something away from the Buckeye offense and my guess was the run, but never did I even fathom they could've shut it down COMPLETELY. It just goes to show that DEFENSE wins championships, and Liberty Hill definitely had the better defense! Hats off to the Panthers for getting the job done against a very good Buckeye team. The Liberty Hill Panthers are truly deserving of being called the BACK-TO-BACK state champions.

BTW, that wind sure was cold! Maybe it was just me, but wasn't it colder on the Gilmer side, lol. It sure seemed like it.

Also, congratulations to the Buckeyes! It was a fun ride. When you lose players such as G.J. Kinne and Curtis Brown on offense and NINE starters on defense, it makes it all the more remarkable that you got as far as you did. We're proud of what y'all accomplished and coming up short in this game doesn't take away those accomplishments. It was still a GREAT season!

Darren
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

They would have beaten them again.

Darren
12-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Congrats to LH did anyone get within 14 of you guys this year?

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Congratulations to the Liberty Hill Panthers, you guys truly played like Champions, Great Game!

Bigworm
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Yeah, unfortunately it is either China Spring or Celina that will be the 3A Football State Champion this year.

Liberty Hill, will just have to wait another year to try to get into the correct bracket. :(

Nice 14 win season and small bracket run for Liberty Hill. Better luck next year, hopefully the realignment helps you guys out.

I'm thinking a 2A football program wins the 3A championship this year with a 16-0 record. But if China Spring disappoints me, they will be most deserving with 15 wins. :kiss:

STATE CHAMPS 2007.....

UPanIN
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Congratulations to Liberty Hill for a great seasons. I will say again they are the best 3A team I've ever seen. They won with class and are true champs.

Again Congratulations!!!:clap: :clap:

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Bigworm
STATE CHAMPS 2007.....
Its just not quite the same saying that with one week still left in the season? :doh:

But, nice I'm sure. :)

Bigworm
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Its just not quite the same saying that with one week still left in the season? :doh:

BAck to Back State CHamps...Division II then Division I history made....oh yeah State Champions...

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 09:41 AM

our season is technically over, so we are going to enjoy it :D
and bigworm ( your signature says it all ) theres no need to remind anyone :doh:

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 09:43 AM
BAck to Back State CHamps...Division II then Division I history made....oh yeah State Champions...

LIBERTY HILL
24 WINS IN A ROWN
State Champs 2007*
State Champs 2006

I'm not entirely sure what a "ROWN" is?
P.S. Congrats, I'm just jealous.

footballgal
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
A big Congratulations to the repeat State Champions; Liberty Hill Panthers! Wow, what an accomplishment, and also congrats, for an impressive winning back to back, seasons. :clap: :clap:

Way to go! you should be real proud. You have established yourselves quickly, as one of states elite program in any classification.

Hill Man
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
[B
BTW, that wind sure was cold! Maybe it was just me, but wasn't it colder on the Gilmer side, lol. It sure seemed like it.
[/B]

No way is was colder on the Gilmer side, you guys had the sun for little while, we had the nice shade to go with the wind and cold....damn toes are still numb.

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
this coming from a person that lived in Lubbock for a while:confused:

Pawdaddy
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I posted my kudos on another thread, but wanted to do so here so you guys would not call me a no show. Congratulations to LH and fans for a great season. NO DOUBT best 3A football team in the state.

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 10:09 AM
hey pawdaddy, i dont know if you have forgotten but im not supposed to be on here anymore? remember? :rolleyes: you told me i wont be on here on monday, so im leaving now :bigcry: :helpme:

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
so im leaving now :bigcry: :helpme: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hill Man
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
hey pawdaddy, i dont know if you have forgotten but im not supposed to be on here anymore? remember? :rolleyes: you told me i wont be on here on monday, so im leaving now :bigcry: :helpme:

Come back Daddy D, come back,,, we miss you:bigcry:

Maroon87
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Congrats to LH!! My old teammate Coach Walker is gonna have to add on to his house if this keeps up.:D

waterboy
12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
No way is was colder on the Gilmer side, you guys had the sun for little while, we had the nice shade to go with the wind and cold....damn toes are still numb.
I know it wasn't colder, but it sure did seem like it! I figured being as y'all were more active with the cheering and all that y'all would've stayed warmer..........if you know what I mean.:D

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
My face was the only thing cold....I had my "hot hands" in my shoes. Had some in my gloves but they got TOO hot, handed those over to CHS_CG!

My daughter, who might weigh 100 lbs soaking wet FROZE. She had the hot hands in her gloves, in her shoes, on her butt and even stuck one of the bigger ones down the front of her shirt.

Added to that, she had on a heavy coat, ear muffs, a hood and two blankets wrapped around her....she was STILL freezing. I think she thawed out around Abilene!

buff4ever
12-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Good article from East Texas local paper. Players and Coach from Gilmer very humble in their loss and without excuses..

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/sports/stories/12162007_gilmer.html

No offense, but how did you expect gilmer's players and coaches to act, they in no way had a chance in this game. There were no ifs about it.

CONGRATS LIBERTY HILL, GREAT SEASON!

icu812
12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Great game by Liberty Hill. Sure enjoyed watching you guys play against Carthage and Gilmer this year. Great team. The best I've seen since Atlanta in 2003. What a game that would be.

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
No offense, but how did you expect gilmer's players and coaches to act, they in no way had a chance in this game. There were no ifs about it.

CONGRATS LIBERTY HILL, GREAT SEASON!

Obviously your trying to offend, otherwise why even comment. They had a chance in the game, otherwise they wouldnt have even played the game, they would have just handed the trophy over to LH. Wow all the talk about being classy if you lose and not making excuses and what not, and so far the only thread replies that have been at least toeing the line or boarderline classless have come from LH fans.

You guys won the game you were the better team that day, you have been given your props and Gilmer fans have ate their crow, but some of you LH fans dont want the pot empty and continuously keep "trolling" to refill it.

I posted the article because it was a good biased report, and the Gilmer coach and players gave props to the better team that day. In an earlier post I said I may have become "Pantherized" because of this game or "Thunderstruck" but with "SOME" of the continuous "trolling" by LH posters like you I have changed my mind.

What a bunch of classless winners...ScoutsOut

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 11:54 AM
He is NOT from Liberty Hill.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2007, 11:55 AM

Wow!! Talk about lumping EVERYONE in together!!:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, I think there might still be some doubt. Definitely one of the 3 best 3A teams in the state as of this week.

All there can be is speculation after the next game.

No doubt in my mind!! I'm sure there will always be doubt in yours!!

ScoutsOut
12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow!! Talk about lumping EVERYONE in together!!:eek: :eek:

Well I did emphasize "SOME" in my reply. If it doesnt apply to you then so be it. But "SOME" of the LH fans posting here and in the other threads are classless. And I never said from LH literally, I emplied "SOME" LH fans, not all. I really shouldnt even have to make this reply, but I didnt want "SOME" of you LH fans to really think that I meant "ALL" of you. Those who are "trolling" know who they are..That is All...ScoutsOut

JR2004
12-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No doubt in my mind!! I'm sure there will always be doubt in yours!!

No doubt in my mind either. Liberty Hill is, without a doubt, the BEST TEAM in Class 3A this season in either division.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
No doubt in my mind either. Liberty Hill is, without a doubt, the BEST TEAM in Class 3A this season in either division.

I agree..I do think it would be another down to the wire type of game, but I just think LH would win

firstcat
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
First, kudos to our competition.

It was a privilege to play such a successful program, and please give our very best LH congratulations to everyone involved, because ya'll deserved to be there as much as we did.
It was a great game, and my panthers just did what they do best.

Now, to our own coaches, administration, and fans: thanks for being the best examples in each of your own rites. This truly IS what champions look like!

To Our history making team: I want to send a very personal thank you out to you guys. You have no idea how much you mean to me and how very proud you've made me. You have provided so many hours of good wholesome entertainment for us, and you are truly the champions of champions.

We love you guys, and I feel like many of you are my own (and some of you, I should claim on my tax returns this year! But, I wanted to let you know that what you've done is very special and doesn't come around at all for most, much less two years in a row! Enjoy this time of your lives, and take what you've learned from being a Panther Brother into your futures, and you will surely be champions in life as well.

To my own Panther, you have proven that you are true man of character, and your strength, perserverance, and dedication to this program is so much more than admirable. Continue to keep the three F's as your top priority....Faith, Family, and Football! You are the measure of what a young man should be, and no parents could ever be more proud.

My last note, just before the first kick-off of every game, I always whisper a very short request..."Dear Lord, please be a panther tonight"......and being true-to-form, He never did disappoint!

It is a GREAT TIME TO BE A PANTHER FAN!!!! God Bless! And here's to next year and being the real LORDS OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!;) ;)

rundoe
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
First, kudos to our competition.

It was a privilege to play such a successful program, and please give our very best LH congratulations to everyone involved, because ya'll deserved to be there as much as we did.
It was a great game, and my panthers just did what they do best.

Now, to our own coaches, administration, and fans: thanks for being the best examples in each of your own rites. This truly IS what champions look like!

To Our history making team: I want to send a very personal thank you out to you guys. You have no idea how much you mean to me and how very proud you've made me. You have provided so many hours of good wholesome entertainment for us, and you are truly the champions of champions.

We love you guys, and I feel like many of you are my own (and some of you, I should claim on my tax returns this year! But, I wanted to let you know that what you've done is very special and doesn't come around at all for most, much less two years in a row! Enjoy this time of your lives, and take what you've learned from being a Panther Brother into your futures, and you will surely be champions in life as well.

To my own Panther, you have proven that you are true man of character, and your strength, perserverance, and dedication to this program is so much more than admirable. Continue to keep the three F's as your top priority....Faith, Family, and Football! You are the measure of what a young man should be, and no parents could ever be more proud.

My last note, just before the first kick-off of every game, I always whisper a very short request..."Dear Lord, please be a panther tonight"......and being true-to-form, He never did disappoint!

It is a GREAT TIME TO BE A PANTHER FAN!!!! God Bless! And here's to next year and being the real LORDS OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!;) ;)

Thanks for saving this thread, one person was bringing it down and you brought it back to where it needed to be.

Bigworm
12-17-2007, 02:32 PM
congratlations to LH

buff4ever
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Obviously your trying to offend, otherwise why even comment. They had a chance in the game, otherwise they wouldnt have even played the game, they would have just handed the trophy over to LH. Wow all the talk about being classy if you lose and not making excuses and what not, and so far the only thread replies that have been at least toeing the line or boarderline classless have come from LH fans.

You guys won the game you were the better team that day, you have been given your props and Gilmer fans have ate their crow, but some of you LH fans dont want the pot empty and continuously keep "trolling" to refill it.

I posted the article because it was a good biased report, and the Gilmer coach and players gave props to the better team that day. In an earlier post I said I may have become "Pantherized" because of this game or "Thunderstruck" but with "SOME" of the continuous "trolling" by LH posters like you I have changed my mind.

To you, you took this too far the wrong way, I didn't say that gilmer didn't act with class, I just was pointing out that the particular proof used to show the class they acted with was kinda buduh like. By not have a chance in the game I meant that they were not in it much after the opening kick off.

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Gilmer played with class the entire game except for one play where #22 lost his composure and tried to take a cheap shot. As classy as the Gilmer coaches are they removed him from the game on that side of the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
:cheerl: :clap: Liberty Hill Panthers 2006 D2 and now 2007 D1 State Champions. ENJOY:)

tdsteele
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Will LH be moving to 4A with upcoming re-alignment? I know they are growing but I was not up to speed on how much.

On another note, speaking of removing #22 from the game when he lost his composure, in the final minutes, when the Gilmer coach, Traylor, got the bench warning flag, he was actually on the field yelling at his own defensive players for firing off the ball and hitting when LH was taking a knee. He doesn't tolerate that stuff at all.

Mr. Ed
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
As a graduate of Gilmer (Class of 1983) and a life-time fan of the Buckeyes, I wanted to use this opportunity to submit my first post. To the Liberty Hill Panthers - I will have to say that you were the best team Saturday afternoon. I think that your team was well coached and your boys were very well disciplined. Thank you for for a great game and congrats to you. Now, to all of you that questioned some of the choices that were made by the Buckeyes and the coaching staff. During the community wide pep-rally Friday night, coach Traylor said that they would probably take some chances and do some things out of the ordinary and I have to commend him for trying some things to win the game. He also said that during the final bible study that they read 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind". This is how they coach here. I am proud of the Buckeyes and the coaching staff for being the kind of role models that they are. Having said all of that - I would love to see a pre-season match up in 2008. Good luck to all of the graduating seniors and good luck to Liberty Hill and Gilmer next year.

sinton66
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Will LH be moving to 4A with upcoming re-alignment? I know they are growing but I was not up to speed on how much.

On another note, speaking of removing #22 from the game when he lost his composure, in the final minutes, when the Gilmer coach, Traylor, got the bench warning flag, he was actually on the field yelling at his own defensive players for firing off the ball and hitting when LH was taking a knee. He doesn't tolerate that stuff at all.

No, they are a middle sized 3A school(599 enrollment last time). Not much chance of going 4A anytime soon unless the UIL goes completely off their rockers.

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Let me be the first from Gilmer to say:

Well, darn. But Gilmer does do rematches well.

At the bi-district game, Liberty-Eylau had a big banner with the date of last year's upset of Gilmer along with "They never saw us coming."

Well, the Buckeyes saw them coming this year and disposed of the Leopards, but I have to admit most of us in Gilmer never saw it coming that the Panthers would go into Div I and be waiting for the Buckeyes in the title game.

Just shows one shouldn't place one's trust in Hutto. :D

Daddy D 11
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

why the animosity? :confused: what did i do?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
No, they are a middle sized 3A school(599 enrollment last time). Not much chance of going 4A anytime soon unless the UIL goes completely off their rockers. If Burnet goes back to 3a this might move Liberty Hill back to Region 4?

Old Tiger
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Burnet, Liberty Hill, Rockdale, Taylor, Cameron?

sinton66
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
It's possible.

LH810
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM

At the bi-district game, Liberty-Eylau had a big banner with the date of last year's upset of Gilmer along with "They never saw us coming."

Well, the Buckeyes saw them coming this year and disposed of the Leopards, but I have to admit most of us in Gilmer never saw it coming that the Panthers would go into Div I and be waiting for the Buckeyes in the title game.

especially this year, they were terrible
but i think liberty hill will go D1 next year so maybe a rematch
how many is gilmer losing on each side?

Hill Man
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
If Burnet goes back to 3a this might move Liberty Hill back to Region 4?

I would be surprised if Burnet drops back down but will welcome it.. yes they had been border line in the past but I don't think they will have the numbers to drop.. I am sure LHPM will have some input on that.

Unfortunately, with Hutto and possibly Taylor going back up to 4a I think you will see us going back west and region 4 in a district with Wimberely, Llano, etc... (I hope not Ingram and Bandera again, those two hour drives one way for a district match up are not fun):( :( :eek: :mad: :mad:

JR2004
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
again, those two hour drives one way for a district match up are not fun):( :( :eek: :mad: :mad:

Give Anthony High School a call and ask them about some of their drives for district games. You'll never, ever complain again about a two hour drive. :)

JR2004
12-17-2007, 10:27 PM

Gotta love a good sense of humor even after getting beatdown.

I have to imagine that it was probably pretty darn fun to beat L-E after seeing that banner.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I am sure LHPM will have some input on that.

TOC shows "958 or 975". If it's 958, I'd bet money (maybe $.35) on them dropping. If it's 975, who knows?

BIGJOHNWAYNE
12-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Great game by Liberty Hill. Sure enjoyed watching you guys play against Carthage and Gilmer this year. Great team. The best I've seen since Atlanta in 2003. What a game that would be.

I fully agree, as a member of the buckeyes that played against that 2003 Atlanta team, I was mostly impressed by Liberty Hills Defense, I would even go so far to compare them to the infamous Daingerfield defense from 1983, I cant say they were as good, because no one is as good, but you guys come very close, Congratulations again on an excellent season. And remember, TALENT does not make a team great, it can help get you started, but HEART and CHARACTER can get you much further on the football field as well as in life.

emileq
12-18-2007, 07:10 AM
As a Liberty Hill fan, I just wanted to say thank you to all the posters from other schools who have sent congratulations and praise. Our kids did a great job, but so did the kids from Glimer, Sinton, WOS, Lavega, Giddings, Celina, Cuero, Navasota, and all the other schools represented by posters. We can get on here and brag, but its the kids (from all the schools) who go out and play that should get the attention.

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by emileq
As a Liberty Hill fan, I just wanted to say thank you to all the posters from other schools who have sent congratulations and praise. Our kids did a great job, but so did the kids from Glimer, Sinton, WOS, Lavega, Giddings, Celina, Cuero, Navasota, and all the other schools represented by posters. We can get on here and brag, but its the kids (from all the schools) who go out and play that should get the attention.

Again, a decent post. Wow two in one day.

I agree, no matter what school you are rooting for or what you may believe, the boys on the field all play their hearts out.

It's been a great season!

It's ALMOST FINISHED!

wimbo_pro
12-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Liberty Hill's next task (and its a huge one)...win three in a row and be known as a "dynasty". Tall order, rarely accomplished. But you guys seem as well positioned to do this as anyone in recent memory.

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by LH810
especially this year, they were terrible
but i think liberty hill will go D1 next year so maybe a rematch
how many is gilmer losing on each side?

I don't know the specifics of that.

I don't think this team was extremely senior-laden as was the team in 2006, but they've got to replace the O-line. Stump is back at QB, but of course, most of his receiver corps is gone and so is Justin Johnson. Jeremy Jackson returns at RB.

Gilmer is not that large a school. Only around 700 in enrollment at this point. So, depending on how realignment goes, it's possible that WE might not go Div I next season. These last two years were the first time we'd ever gone into that division.

However, I can't foresee what larger school might be thrown into a district with us anymore. Lindale always used to be the school larger than we were and it's now 4A.

Pawdaddy
12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
why the animosity? :confused: what did i do?

I knew I couldn't trust you to stay gone!:twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 09:55 AM
hey pawdaddy werent you the one that said the slot T is poop? :D and i said that if we win you have to roll around in it and eat those words? ;):doh:

haha just messing with ya man

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
These last two years were the first time we'd ever gone into that division.

Oops. I forgot about 2001 when we went Division I and lost to Pleasant Grove in bi-district, 10-0, at Lobo Stadium in Longview.

Hill Man
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Liberty Hill is the class 3A champion for both divisions....at least until Saturday...

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/12/18/1218prepnotes.html

A rare circumstance that makes the last Saturday's win and the season that more special... Wow - what memory to have for the boys...

Daddy D 11
12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
we are the BEST :clap: no contest :cool:

Bigworm
12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
we are the BEST :clap: no contest :cool:

Indeed we are.....

duckpluck
12-18-2007, 03:04 PM
The 3A/4A split will be closer to 1,000 next year. With that being said that will put Fredricksburg, Burnet, and Brownwood all in 3A next season.
Also indication from sources at UIL that they WILL NOT have 4 team districts and they want to make districts with 5 or 6 teams.

I think LH will go back in a district on thier side of I-35 which means a distrcit of LH, Burnet, Fredricksburg, and LLano. I have no idea what else they may do with that as far as other teams. Wimberly? Taylor? ?????

Or they will keep Bandera, Ingram, Llano, Wimberly, Fredrickburg and maybe Burnet or one other in a district and keep Lh with Yoe, Taylor, Rockdale and some others.

Bobcat_Mom
12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Liberty Hill's next task (and its a huge one)...win three in a row and be known as a "dynasty". Tall order, rarely accomplished. But you guys seem as well positioned to do this as anyone in recent memory.

Lets let them enjoy this one first ay?!

wimbo_pro
12-19-2007, 08:50 AM
hehehehehe:D

You can be sure they are already thinking about it.

rundoe
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
I would be surprised if Burnet drops back down but will welcome it.. yes they had been border line in the past but I don't think they will have the numbers to drop.. I am sure LHPM will have some input on that.

Unfortunately, with Hutto and possibly Taylor going back up to 4a I think you will see us going back west and region 4 in a district with Wimberely, Llano, etc... (I hope not Ingram and Bandera again, those two hour drives one way for a district match up are not fun):( :( :eek: :mad: :mad:

I don't see anyone in this part of Williamson dropping enrollment numbers. Burnet is right down highway 29 from us and I have to wait and take my life in my hands to get onto 29 from the traffic to and from that direction every day.

rundoe
12-19-2007, 09:06 AM

So does Liberty Hill. We lost to two teams last year and beat them both this year.

rundoe
12-19-2007, 09:13 AM

Thanks, I am sure we'll play it one game at a time.

You know as well as we do that once you have that ring. Man, Every team you face is gunning for you on the field.

So one game at a time.

rundoe
12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
The 3A/4A split will be closer to 1,000 next year. With that being said that will put Fredricksburg, Burnet, and Brownwood all in 3A next season.
Also indication from sources at UIL that they WILL NOT have 4 team districts and they want to make districts with 5 or 6 teams.

I think LH will go back in a district on thier side of I-35 which means a distrcit of LH, Burnet, Fredricksburg, and LLano. I have no idea what else they may do with that as far as other teams. Wimberly? Taylor? ?????

Or they will keep Bandera, Ingram, Llano, Wimberly, Fredrickburg and maybe Burnet or one other in a district and keep Lh with Yoe, Taylor, Rockdale and some others.

Over the last few years I have quit trying to guess what the UIL will do. They baffle me every time.:confused:

Texasfootball2
12-20-2007, 11:27 AM

Don't know about Burnet and Fredricksburg enrollments, but Brownwood is a shoe-in to go 3A. Turned in around 910 I believe, which is 40 less than the cutoff last time.

In order for them to not have 4 team districts they will probably have to put BWood in Reg 1. Someone said on here recently that Brady may be moving back up, does anybody know what their enrollment is?

Hill Man
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Don't know about Burnet and Fredricksburg enrollments, but Brownwood is a shoe-in to go 3A. Turned in around 910 I believe, which is 40 less than the cutoff last time.

In order for them to not have 4 team districts they will probably have to put BWood in Reg 1. Someone said on here recently that Brady may be moving back up, does anybody know what their enrollment is?

Frebricksburg looks to be a shoe in to go down, Burnet will be close..
Brady back up? That would be surprising...

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm telling yall this district is very likely; Rockdale, Cameron Yoe, Liberty Hill, Taylor, Rockdale.

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I'm telling yall this district is very likely; Rockdale, Cameron Yoe, Liberty Hill, Taylor, Rockdale.

That seems good but ill bet well stay west of I-35,

Burnet,Liberty Hill,LLano,Wimberly, Fredericksburg.

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM

that would be amazing. but the only kicker is, where does bandera and ingram go? they mess everything up :mad:

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
that would be amazing. but the only kicker is, where does bandera and ingram go? they mess everything up :mad:

Bandera goes south and ingram just disappears :)

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
that is likely. but it will be 2 more years before ingram dissapears to 2A

Hill Man
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM

So thats how you get 6 team districts... you count a school twice...
Cheap way to make the playoffs if you ask me...

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Cheap way to make the playoffs if you ask me...
Hahahaha! :clap: :clap: :D

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Cheap way to make the playoffs if you ask me... austin Johnston could be thrown in there. they barely missed the cut last time around ;)

Austin Johnston, Burnet, LH, Rockdale, Cameron Yoe

;)

Possibility of Manor and Elgin coming back to 3a also if the top number increases.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 02:45 PM
austin Johnston could be thrown in there. they barely missed the cut last time around ;)

Austin Johnston, Burnet, LH, Rockdale, Cameron Yoe

;)

Possibility of Manor and Elgin coming back to 3a also if the top number increases.
Johnston will be lucky to have a school period, much less a football team. :(

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Johnston will be lucky to have a school period, much less a football team. :( sad but true.

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
sad but true.
didnt they have to forfiet their season this year?

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2007, 02:52 PM
didnt they have to forfiet their season this year?
I think around half of the games.

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
I think around half of the games.

yeah i read an article in the statesman about most of their players getting hurt and they were moving up the freshman.

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
:(

LH, Rockdale, Burnet, Cameron, Elgin, Manor :)

Pending Elgin/Manor enrollment

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 04:38 PM

now thats a gauntlet of a sceudule:eek:

Hill Man
12-20-2007, 04:47 PM

What about Taylor?

Old Tiger
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
What about Taylor? my mistake but yes include them

wimbo_pro
12-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Thanks, I am sure we'll play it one game at a time.

You know as well as we do that once you have that ring. Man, Every team you face is gunning for you on the field.
So one game at a time.

I am sure they will...but tell me, how many returning starters do you have? and/or...how many graduating seniors?

wimbo_pro
12-20-2007, 08:18 PM
That seems good but ill bet well stay west of I-35,

Hey!!! Wait a minute!! Our district is just fine as it is...is tough as nails, we dont need to change. :p

Bigworm
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey!!! Wait a minute!! Our district is just fine as ite is...is tough as nails, we dont need to change. :p

It will get harder if were both in it :)

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
shoot, wimberley dont want no part of this:) ;)

wimbo_pro
12-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Would rather a smooth ride, no matter how shakey we are!

Daddy D 11
12-20-2007, 09:53 PM
haha i prefer the gauntlet, maybe thats why i love the SEC so much.

LH wimbo games are always the best. cant get enough of em

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Gilmer does not know the meaning of this term "gauntlet."

If memory serves, the last time the Buckeyes lost a district game was in the year 2000. Few since then have even been close.

Gilmer plays the cards dealt them by the UIL, though, and there have been pretty weak hands in our districts since 2000.

That's why so many people BEG the coach to schedule some powerhouse non-district opponents. Everyone around here knows once we hit district play, it's just blowing away one powderpuff after another.

clemsmarina
12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Gilmer does not know the meaning of this term "gauntlet."

If memory serves, the last time the Buckeyes lost a district game was in the year 2000. Few since then have even been close.

Gilmer plays the cards dealt them by the UIL, though, and there have been pretty weak hands in our districts since 2000.

That's why so many people BEG the coach to schedule some powerhouse non-district opponents. Everyone around here knows once we hit district play, it's just blowing away one powderpuff after another.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons Liberty Hill plays Wimberly, Cuero and Burnet in non-district matchups.
Also because none of them can get anyone else to play them....so they pretty much have to play each other, plus to keep the great rivalries going!

wimbo_pro
12-21-2007, 10:49 AM
shoot, wimberley dont want no part of this:) ;)

LOL@Daddy...maybe so. But we play you guys anyway, so....

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Congrats LH

GreenMachine
12-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Yeah, that's one of the main reasons Liberty Hill plays Wimberly, Cuero and Burnet in non-district matchups.
Also because none of them can get anyone else to play them....so they pretty much have to play each other, plus to keep the great rivalries going! We are getting a good rivalry going. It ought to be a good one again next year as we return most of our linemen, QB, all WR's. Toughest to replace is Quincey and our stable of running backs, they were all seniors :(

Old Tiger
12-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
We are getting a good rivalry going. It ought to be a good one again next year as we return most of our linemen, QB, all WR's. Toughest to replace is Quincey and our stable of running backs, they were all seniors :( runningbacks are easy to replace if you have good linement returning.