Held Clay to 140 something yards, 20 in the second half

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
ttt

IHStangFan
12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Celina in the State Championship game for the 3rd year in a row

Held Clay to 140 something yards, 20 in the second half Congrats Celina...looks like it'll be ya'll -vs- China Spring unless there is a miracle in the works for Cuero.

"Held" Clay to ONLY 140 yds...that just sounds funny...but considering he'd been puting up 200+ in some previous games..

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Congrats Celina...looks like it'll be ya'll -vs- China Spring unless there is a miracle in the works for Cuero.

"Held" Clay to ONLY 140 yds...that just sounds funny...but considering he'd been puting up 200+ in some previous games..

well, the '20 in the second half' is the operative phrase here

Dominicfrank
12-15-2007, 08:21 PM
i see Celina in the title game for many many years.

KingRob
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Hurry up and go 4A!:p

Dominicfrank
12-15-2007, 08:29 PM
their RB is a Freshman ? Good luck Region 1 and 2 for the next 3 years for sure and my bet will be the next 10 years. They will go 4A but not for another 5 years or so. It is not a big community at all.

lynx_rufus
12-15-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm staying in Abilene tonight.

Will Clay was really a good ball carrier. Only problem was that he would pop off 30, 40, and 50 on a carry and that was the drive. Celina would then proceed to bow their backs and hold.

In the first half after a 40+ carry down to Celina's 5 yard line. Snyder could not punch it in. That drive sealed it for Celina and pretty much set the pitch for the rest of the game.

It was pretty ugly after that and Will Clay probably was not really effective, because as the Snyder fans said, "It was the Will Clay show." And he was being hit in the backfield quite often.

Congrats to Snyder on a fine season and I enjoyed the game.

Go Bobcats.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Congrats to the Bobcats on a well played game. The defense is the real deal and lived up to the hype. Snyder had a couple of bad breaks early, fumbling the kickoff, the attempted punt, and then not being able to score when they had it at Celina's 5. But, credit the defense on that. Credit goes to the Celina coaching staff in the second half. They made the adjustments necessary. They must have saw a weakness in our defense on the left had side because I bet 80% of the plays went to that side. And they just chewed up the clock. Great sportsmanship displayed from both teams.

Good luck to Celina in the next game....if we're going to lose, I'd rather lose to the eventual state champs.

Great season Tigers...you guys worked hard all year. Being 1 of 4 teams remaining proved it.

KingRob
12-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Congrats to the Bobcats on a well played game. The defense is the real deal and lived up to the hype. Snyder had a couple of bad breaks early, fumbling the kickoff, the attempted punt, and then not being able to score when they had it at Celina's 5. But, credit the defense on that. Credit goes to the Celina coaching staff in the second half. They made the adjustments necessary. They must have saw a weakness in our defense on the left had side because I bet 80% of the plays went to that side. And they just chewed up the clock. Great sportsmanship displayed from both teams.

Good luck to Celina in the next game....if we're going to lose, I'd rather lose to the eventual state champs.

Great season Tigers...you guys worked hard all year. Being 1 of 4 teams remaining proved it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
12-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Congrats to the Bobcats.:clap: :clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Congrats to Celina, and good luck next week...

I just got in from the game, Celina played good through the whole game.

The tigers just weren't in the game after the 1st quarter, I knew they were going home sortly after the 3rd quarter started.

I think they started to play when the clock hit 20 seconds then they realized it was to late. Good game to the bobcats! Good season Tigers... See you guys next year.

DaHop72
12-15-2007, 09:53 PM

Great season Tigers...you guys worked hard all year. Being 1 of 4 teams remaining proved it. I agree STF, stopping the Tigers at the 5 yard line and then going on a methodical 95 yard drive was huge before the half and to start the second half with an 80 yard 6:46 second drive for a touchdown pretty much drove a dagger in the heart of the Tigers. Congratulations to the Celina Bobcats, you are a great team.

And congratulations to the Snyder Tigers for a great year as well. We are proud of you.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Technoredneck
12-15-2007, 11:09 PM
My hat is off to the Celina Bobcats. Y'all played a heck of a game and I have to admit, I didn't think anyone could hold Clay under 150 yards, but y'all sure did!

Great game plan. great execution, great coaching, it would have been pretty to watch had my team not been getting manhandled.

Congrats and the best of luck in the last game of the year.

And congratulations to the Snyder Tigers on a great season, what a ride. We'll be here cheering for you at the start of next season.

It was nice to see the Celina posters at the M&G, y'all have fun next week. Maybe I'll get to be there.

bobcat1
12-15-2007, 11:36 PM
It was fun meeting all the guys from Sweetwater and the Lady and Men from Snyder. My meeting with DaHop was as expected. We could be life long friends. Felt like I had known him all my life. Good people. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The game was very intense. We performed well on defense but our best defense was our offense. Hats off to those guys. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder Tigers; Do not hang your heads. There is no shame in your game. Awesome line play from the big boys. The thing I was most impressed with Clay was him riding his blocker and then making the right cut to break those runs. Very patient. He had a couple of good runs in the first half and another good one late in the 4th quarter. Good quality team. 3 cheers for you.:clap: :clap: :clap:

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2007, 11:37 PM
My hat is off to the Tigers. That O line was great and Will was the real deal. I think our D played an a game and kept will from getting away with the game early. Then in the second the adjustments made and off we went. I hated to see Snyder go home like that because IMHO that was one of the better teams to come out of reg 1 in d2 in a while. I hope we get to see a lot of yall.

You represented West Texas well and showed the class I have always seen from my West Texas roots. It was an honor and a pleasure to watch you play.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
My hat is off to the Tigers. That O line was great and Will was the real deal. I think our D played an a game and kept will from getting away with the game early. Then in the second the adjustments made and off we went. I hated to see Snyder go home like that because IMHO that was one of the better teams to come out of reg 1 in d2 in a while. I hope we get to see a lot of yall.

You represented West Texas well and showed the class I have always seen from my West Texas roots. It was an honor and a pleasure to watch you play.

It was good to see Celina play as well, If we were going to lose I wanted it to be like this instead of a 35-34 loss. It made it alot easier to accept it as you guys were pulling away. Celina folks were very respectful like the Argyle people. Good luck at state, bring it home.

GetRDoneStangs
12-15-2007, 11:47 PM
It was great to meet the folks from Celina as well.....Glad to see you guys home safe and sound!

Good luck in the finals!! Your team played a clean and classy game (as did Snyder)...I enjoyed watching! The awards presentation at the end was a picture of what sportmanship is all about!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
The awards presentation at the end was a picture of what sportmanship is all about!

Yea they were a very respectful team as were the people.

I think I was sitting below you. Was I?

GetRDoneStangs
12-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Yea they were a very respectful team as were the people.

I think I was sitting below you. Was I?

Yes, I think that is right......just didn't see you at the scoreboard!

:( :D :confused: :eek:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Yes, I think that is right......just didn't see you at the scoreboard!

:( :D :confused: :eek:

Yea I went down to help setup the tiger head and just didn't feel like waking 100 yards to the M&G, but now I wish I would of went since we lost.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I can only describe the Celina Bobcats one way... PURE DOMINANCE.

I truly believe this team could hang with any 5A team in the state, and beat most of them.

To our Snyder Tigers, Congrats on another memorable season. I've only been here since 2003, but I'll be here for many years to come. I expect more memories in the future.

I don't think Celina will need luck in the finals, they are that damn good. I'm riding the Bobcat bandwaggon from here on out! Finish it Bobcats!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
I truly believe this team could hang with any 5A team in the state, and beat most of them.

They could probally beat em all exept for Katy, Abilene High, Southlake, and Trinity.

Rabbit'93
12-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?

I don't think Celina will need luck in the finals, they are that damn good. I'm riding the Bobcat bandwaggon from here on out! Finish it Bobcats! Surely you jest!!! any 5A SLC, Abeline, Katy, Lufkin......whatever makes you feel better about a loss.

BILLYFRED0000
12-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Surely you jest!!! any 5A SLC, Abeline, Katy, Lufkin......whatever makes you feel better about a loss.

Just so you know rab some people think we can play football.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Just so you know rab some people think we can play football.

And Celina can play football, very well

Rabbit'93
12-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Just so you know rab some people think we can play football. i've seen it first hand and whole heartedly agree....but let's call a spade a spade....that comment was ludicrous.

block&tackle
12-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Ditto everything that has been said about Snyder so far. I had watched film and I must say that I was more impressed with Clay than I thought I was going to be. He was smooth and strong. The O line was as good as I thought. The D was much better than I thought - they never wore down and made us go for it on 4th down multiple times to keep our drives alive.

The crucial points were the stop at the 3 with us leading only 14-7 and then the well-executed fake punt on the proceeding drive. The Snyder coaches did a good job showing us a slightly different look than what we had seen on film. The Celina coaches did a great job adjusting after the first two Snyder drives (Clay had negative yards in the 2nd half before the last drive with many 1st teamers out).

It was cold and windy and our passing game was non-existent - 2-5 for 41 yards. That played a role in holding us to our lowest total offense total in 9 games (351). But the other half was a fast, physical Snyder D that I will admit I didn't see coming.

I love the Snyder style of play and enjoyed meeting several very classy DL folks from there - I hope for lots of future success for those kids and the program.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Surely you jest!!! any 5A SLC, Abeline, Katy, Lufkin......whatever makes you feel better about a loss.

No I don't jest!!

I said "hang with any, and beat most" And yes, they can HANG with any.

By the way, nothing makes me feel better about a loss. I think it suks. But Celina is that good. Snyder didn't get outcoached tonight, they just got beat by a better team.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Ditto everything that has been said about Snyder so far. I had watched film and I must say that I was more impressed with Clay than I thought I was going to be. He was smooth and strong. The O line was as good as I thought. The D was much better than I thought - they never wore down and made us go for it on 4th down multiple times to keep our drives alive.

The crucial points were the stop at the 3 with us leading only 14-7 and then the well-executed fake punt on the proceeding drive. The Snyder coaches did a good job showing us a slightly different look than what we had seen on film. The Celina coaches did a great job adjusting after the first two Snyder drives (Clay had negative yards in the 2nd half before the last drive with many 1st teamers out).

It was cold and windy and our passing game was non-existent - 2-5 for 41 yards. That played a role in holding us to our lowest total offense total in 9 games (351). But the other half was a fast, physical Snyder D that I will admit I didn't see coming.

I love the Snyder style of play and enjoyed meeting several very classy DL folks from there - I hope for lots of future success for those kids and the program.

Your another example of how poliet and respectful Celina folks are, I was eating in Joe Allens and it was full of Celina people. They were carring on conversations with snyder people like they were best friends, even sitting with one another. It's good to see two communities comeing together.

SUPERMANN5107
12-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Congrats Celina on a great win. You have an amazing team and coaching staff. Good luck next season. As for the Tigers, hell of a season. Y'all played your hardest and thats all you can ask for.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
Congrats Celina on a great win. You have an amazing team and coaching staff. Good luck next season. As for the Tigers, hell of a season. Y'all played your hardest and thats all you can ask for.

Yea making the final 4 is a great accomplishment.

I hope we can meet up with Celina next year.

Old Tiger
12-16-2007, 08:03 AM

I hope we can meet up with Celina next year. And get donkey stomped again?

charlesrixey
12-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle

Synder was quite good

We had to pull some magic out on defense, getting some great stops

if one or two of those plays goes the other way, it is a totally different game

unfortunately for the tigers, they didn't and they didn't help themselves on defense

Celina had two very long, time consuming drives to end it, both of which had points in there where Snyder almost stopped them

but they didn't

still, a very good game from a great team

Snydertigersrul
12-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
And get donkey stomped again?

Hey Rockdumb, you don't know anything about football. It was a great game and Celina made the plays. It appears that you are jealous because Rockdumb can't every get past the first round, even luck most years if they even make the playoffs. Celina will win the state championship.

Ranger Mom
12-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Congrats to the Bobcats!!

To Snyder, keep your heads up!! You made Region I proud and this "district foe" has been impressed all season!!

Tiger Baseball
12-16-2007, 09:36 AM
My hat is off to the Celina Bobcats. I will say this, they are the State Champions before it even happens. This bunch of guys are very GOOD. Their game plan is the best in the state of Texas, heck maybe in the world. :clap: :clap:

I still love my Tigers and always will. They played their hearts out and with a couple of breaks this game could have been a different outcome, but that did not happen. The best team did win this one. Tigers I'm very proud of you guys. Good luck to all the seniors. And I can't wait for next year, as my junior has one more year. And just a note to my son, You played one heck of a game. I enjoyed that blocked ep. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoyed meeting Bobcat1. Wished I could have talked with ya more. I met Rick, the Bobcat horn guy and enjoyed talking with him. That it is one strange looking horn.:eek: Congrats again to the State Champion Bobcats. :clap: :clap:

mustang04
12-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Good game both teams!!! I would have liked for snyder to have won...but it happens.

Good luck Celina in the state game!

lynx_rufus
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Pretty decent video highlights of the game.

Snyder vs. Celina DMN Highlight Video (http://www.hsgametime.com/sharedcontent/video/makeASX.php?title=www.hsgametime.com/dfw/121507_celina-snyder.wmv)

75009Football
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM

Great season Tigers...you guys worked hard all year. Being 1 of 4 teams remaining proved it. Thank you STFan. The Tigers were right there in it till Celina held the ball for the last half of the game it seemed like. Yall couldn't get back on the field to try to score. That is not a knock against you as you held Celina to its lowest output in the playoffs yet. I hope your younger players learn and grow from this experience and it makes them want to get back there again. Maybe we will meet again.

75009Football
12-16-2007, 09:54 PM

I hope we can meet up with Celina next year.

About next year, I'm putting in my order for 55 degrees and 5-8 mph winds with gusts to 10, at Pennington Field.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
About next year, I'm putting in my order for 55 degrees and 5-8 mph winds with gusts to 10, at Pennington Field.

Yea for sure!

It's frezzing outside right now...I like it but it's gettin old.

Thats order sounds good tho.

Lookin forward to seeing you next year.

lynx_rufus
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Pretty decent video highlights of the game.

Snyder vs. Celina DMN Highlight Video (http://www.hsgametime.com/sharedcontent/video/makeASX.php?title=www.hsgametime.com/dfw/121507_celina-snyder.wmv)
During the game, I did not realize that D'Anton Lynn stayed focused and made the stop on the 4th and goal play there at the start of the 2nd quarter.

There were lots of key plays, but I thought if Snyder scored there, the game was on. It was huge.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
During the game, I did not realize that D'Anton Lynn stayed focused and made the stop on the 4th and goal play there at the start of the 2nd quarter.

There were lots of key plays, but I thought if Snyder scored there, the game was on. It was huge.

I thought the game was on when Will(Clay) broke all them tackles and got in the endzone, I bet the Celina folks did to, but we all see how it turned out.

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I thought the game was on when Will(Clay) broke all them tackles and got in the endzone, I bet the Celina folks did to, but we all see how it turned out.

No the first score did not make the Celina fans think twice. Tying the game at 14 in the second quarter would have caused a bit of tension in the stands.

kepdawg
12-17-2007, 12:09 AM

I'm sure Celina was real scared!

After all only one week early they trailed 7-6 after 1 quarter!

I think they had a slight 63-15 scoring advantage in the final 3 quarters!

So yeah I'm pretty sure they were real scared!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-17-2007, 12:10 AM
No the first score did not make the Celina fans think twice. Tying the game at 14 in the second quarter would have caused a bit of tension in the stands.

I was talking to a man from Celina after the game and he said it made him think it would be a good game. Then some Celina people were sayin other stuff but that guy said they're just a bunch of cocky fans and I laughed out loud! He was a good ole' fella.

JJ7997
12-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Congrats again to the State Champion Bobcats. :clap: :clap:

I guess China Spring shouldnt even bother showing up then, huh ?

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I think China Spring just might be able to find Texas Stadium.

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Yea for sure!

It's frezzing outside right now...I like it but it's gettin old.

Thats order sounds good tho.

Lookin forward to seeing you next year.
\Crap this is almost shirt sleeve and shorts weather for us northern boys:)

alaskacat
12-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997

A cursory appearance would be nice:)

Stownhorse
12-17-2007, 02:28 AM

I thought the game was on from the first kickoff.

I was very impressed with Celina's game plan and their play calling. And thanks for beating Snyder.

Snyder I was disappointed in Rogers. He totally strayed from his normal game plan. When they were down he stopped running the midline and option. When in doubt he gave it to Clay and Celina ate it up.

Congrats to both Celina on the win and Will Clay for a great season.

DaHop72
12-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I thought the game was on from the first kickoff.

I was very impressed with Celina's game plan and their play calling. And thanks for beating Snyder.

Snyder I was disappointed in Rogers. He totally strayed from his normal game plan. When they were down he stopped running the midline and option. When in doubt he gave it to Clay and Celina ate it up.

Congrats to both Celina on the win and Will Clay for a great season. Uh, still waiting on a phone call. :thinking: :thinking:

lynx_rufus
12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
All of a sudden the light goes off. Look at 325 or 3 1/4!

Greatness!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/snyder_vernon_mg.jpg